Budget Beauty: The Drugstore Rose Palette

July 2, 2016

maybelline-philippines-blushed-palette

You Treat Me Like a Rose

Maybelline Nudes Palette Version 2.0
…shoutout to those who got the reference on that title. LOL! So anyway, the natural no-makeup makeup look isn’t going away anytime soon… or maybe ever. But honestly, I am already so bored with the same old browns and neutrals when it comes to eye makeup. I’ve been preferring lilacs, violets, orchids and all kinds of neutral plum shades over the static brown eye in the past months. What I’ve also been dabbling in and actually took a liking to – but haven’t quite mastered yet – are the roses. Soft pinks, muted rose, plummy pinks – shades I didn’t think could look so ‘neutral’ and ‘natural’ until I started experimenting.

maybelline-philippines-blushed-palette2maybelline-blushed

BLUSHED
Compared to the original Maybelline palette, the Blushed version is still quite neutral although has strong rose and plum tones. The pigmentation on these vary – the first three light shades are quite weak in pigment which I found disappointing. However, the darker shades are better in pigment, although not as bold or strong as I’d want. Most shades are quite powdery with some fallout. However, applied on the lid – they transform. I didn’t use an eye primer below just to showcase how these look on the lids despite looking a bit blah on the arm swatches. They’re definitely more impactful! Check it ouuut.

maybelline-philippines-blushed-palette-fotd2maybelline-philippines-blushed-lip-flush

Lip Flush
These are sheer tinted lip balms that give your skin a bit of tint and lots of moisture. It reminded me of my beloved Dior Lip Glow (that I repurchased until I found it too expensive to keep a habit). These are your alternatives to intense matte lipsticks – especially if they’ve been cracking and bleeding because of too much moisture suck out. It reminds me of Koreans’ favorite lipstick trend – the gradient. It just slightly gives your lips a tinge of health, which I prefer on some days.

maybelline-lip-flush maybelline-philippines-blushed-palette-fotd

LOVE, ROSY
What do you think? This looks is a simple, quick no-makeup makeup look that you can take from work to party. It’s actually super simple I did this all in 5minutes and I’m still wearing my night gown on (no shower yet woops TMI). To intensify the look for nighttime, just add a darker eyeshadow shade on your outer-v lids. You can also intensify more by applying that same dark shadow on your lower lashlines. I’ve another rose palette to review soon so if you’re interested, check back. But if you’re looking for a super affordable one to warm up to rose shades, this is something you should check out.

How about some more reading?

13 comments

Alissa @ TheWallflowerSecrets July 2, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Love the whole look in you! Been seeing that palette in social media and I’m thinking of getting one for myself soon. 🙂

Augustin Ra July 2, 2016 at 10:17 pm

I’m never good at make up but I want to give it a try especially I’m already 19 and I need no makeup-make up looks for future purposes. I might as well try this in the future. The make up looks good on you! 🙂

Augustin Ra | Indie Spirit

Katie July 2, 2016 at 10:25 pm

If they have a red lip flush I’m all over it! I love a red tint. I wasn’t a huge fan of the original the Nudes palette but the shades in the blushed one look so pretty! I love the eye look you created x

Katina Lindaa July 3, 2016 at 10:22 am

100% felt the same about this palette! A few shades are gorgeous but then there’s also some pretty so-so ones. I think the bottom row was overall more pigmented and lovely 🙂 x

Katina Lindaa | http://www.katinalindaa.com

Shaunne July 3, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Love the look you did here, Shari! 🙂

Gemma Louise July 3, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Those lip flushes are so pretty, perfect for summer! x

Just Little Things

Monaliza Valencia July 5, 2016 at 8:49 am

I love the Lip Flush perfect for nomakeup makeup look. And you look pretty wearing on it Ms. Shari.

Justine July 6, 2016 at 12:06 am

I get your reference~ A1, anyone?

Because you compared the Lip Flush to the Dior Lip Glow (which I’ve been wanting for ages but have not yet justified the price), I might as well get this instead!

other-worldly.org

Lhourdes Mercadero July 8, 2016 at 5:48 pm

The LipFlush really.look so nice.

Luz Bella Lopez Dacanay July 10, 2016 at 8:55 pm

This I love. I just enjoy how subtle the eye looks but still they look effortlessly beautiful. Definitely a must try for me. Thanks Miss Shari for sharing this make up look <3 <3 <3

Julz Alontaga July 12, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Such a lovely palette. And oh, A1 still rocks! <3

Elma Cherry Lou Felicitas July 25, 2016 at 3:19 pm

A simple yet beautiful colors in a single palette, I love all the shades, its wearable and the best thing about it is the price, its very affordable. Like all the makeup looks 🙂

Skin Matters PH September 19, 2016 at 6:40 pm

The drugstore is truly a place of hidden treasures! Not only can you find rare beauty items, but you can also strike gold with great skin products! Here’s a little check list to guide you as you scavenge the drugstore soon ! http://www.skinmatters.com.ph/mskinmatters/index.php?p=skin-care-article&id=214