I Choose to be Happy Today

hersheys-happygrams-philippines-campaign hersheys-happygrams-philippines-campaign4

Make A Choice Everyday

I’ve to admit, I’ve not been feeling the best lately. It’s apparent in my lack of blog updates which I’m changing soon. While I won’t elaborate on the personal matters, I’d like to share how I’ve diverted my negative thoughts and feelings. I know it’s not easy for all (it wasn’t for me either) but choosing to focus on the things going right in my life – such as seeing my daughter laugh boisterously at her own jokes and growing up to be an intuitive, mischievous little girl – makes me feel uplifted in an instant.
From there, I get up (literally stand up from bed), take a shower, put on makeup and choose to spend time with her instead. We go on movie dates, walking dates, playing in her room, reading books or painting together. Yes, my problems don’t go away – but instead of mulling over them and let the debilitating feelings creep in – I choose to spend my energies on something positive instead. Positivity. Not so easy to see when there are so many terrible things happening around and especially when we’re too deep under murky waters. But trust in your struggle, when you feel you’ve hit rock bottom, then there’s no other way but up, right?
P.S. – I also spend way too much time before bed reading berlin-artparasites as well as motivational/spiritual quote pages on Facebook. Hah.
hersheys-happygrams-philippines-campaign3hersheys-happygrams-philippines-campaign2
It also helps that I have friends who are either there to listen or are going through something in their lives as well so we motivate and push each other to divert our negative thoughts and instead think of what we can do now to turn our problems into opportunities. In this post, I’m giving a shout out to one of my closest friends since Grade School, Sarah, who’s had a life-changing moment recently and I’m proud of how she has been dealing with it. For that, I’m sending this HappyGram to you, Sarah.
sep
Send Your Friend a Happygram!
If you know someone who needs a little bit of uplifting in her life right now – maybe a friend who’s been working overtime for a month (or her whole career life!!) now, a mom friend who you know is battling with the terrible twos, a friend who’s argued with a boyfriend – send them a Hershey’s Happygrams (an electronic chocolate bar with motivational words as wrapping) which you can personalize with your own message.
If you’re more of the social media maven, you can also post a selfie on Instagram or Twitter holding a quote like what I did here and same as above, dedicate it to a friend. Tag me if you want, I’d love to see your own happygrams. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #HappyGrams and #SparkItPH when you do post. Let’s make everyday moments better, yes?
*This post is in collaboration with Hershey’s. Thoughts and feelings are truly my own.

1. September 9, 2015 / 3:05 pm

The past 3 months haven’t been my best too, actually. Funny because I actually pour it out through blogging and diverting all my thoughts into writing. Being in and out of the hospital 3-4x plus tons of visits to the doctor isn’t easy.. and on top of that emotional problems and just trying to really shrug away the demons of life. Whatever you’re going through, I can only hope and wish it turns around and that you feel better (for the economy–lol). It’s as much as I can give, the ultimate positive vibes to go your way. Good vibes to us! <33333

• September 9, 2015 / 3:36 pm

Aww Justine, sending some virtual hugs to you. Health is very important!! Please take care of yourself despite whatever it is you’re going through – which I know is hard – ‘cos I get this advice as well and well, when you’re feeling down and ‘depressed’, it’s hard to think of taking care of yourself pa. But still! I’ve really gotten by through prayer – and I’m not the most spiritual person ha – but pouring my emotions out by lifting it up to Him really helps. I’ll pray for you and your struggles too, dear. I hope you feel better soon – emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually! <333 :**

2. September 9, 2015 / 7:22 pm

Hi Shari, I hope everything gets better soon. I’m also worrying about a lot of things lately, most especially about that upcoming procedure that hopefully will be successful or else… :/
    Your daughter is so cute, by the way.

3. September 10, 2015 / 3:01 am

I hope everything gets better Shari,
    You are so lucky to have your little muse to uplift your spirit.

4. September 10, 2015 / 3:15 am

i actually downloaded apps for those kinds of days. i think they’re called inspirational wallpaper from google. i find that it helps when my phone is reminding me to be positive. hope everything goes well soon!

5. September 10, 2015 / 6:59 am

wishing you all the positivitty sherri! i know what you mena, i’m the type of person that can let one small thing really really weight me down and that cloud of stress and anxiety just creeps into every part of my brain, and lungs. i purposely take deep breaths when i feel that way to dispel the bad ju-ju and am learning to focus more on the positives as well 🙂

6. September 10, 2015 / 10:12 am

Beautiful photos! As a therapist (as well as someone who’s dealt with her own depression), I know that every little choice to do something healthy, fun, or productive despite not feeling like it can really add up! Hope these choices and moments help you to gradually get out of this slump and move forward. Sending all the positive vibes your way! xo

7. Gia
    September 10, 2015 / 11:33 pm

Lovely thoughts, and your daughter is so big na OMG. Unrelated question, though: What lipstick are you using in that last photo?

• November 10, 2015 / 2:15 pm

It’s Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Natural Pink! SOOO SOORRY for the late reply, Gia! 🙂 Thanks for the kinds words!