Are You Scared of Foundation?

top-foundations-2015
wearing Laneige Snow BB Cushion in Natural Beige above
top-foundations-blog2
My Foundation Story
Are you deathly scared of the dreaded “ghost face” caused by (liquid) foundations? These are six foundations in my stash that I’ve put to the test for my first ever article over at BeautyMNL’s magazine (which I’ve joined and will be an official contributor for starting today) now called Bloom. I, for one, have gone through this phase – only putting concealer and not realizing I’ve brighter undereyes than the rest of my face so I look patchy all over. I don’t know which is worse – that or looking like espasol on camera.
Check out the full story on Bloom here – I’ve got swatches and quick reviews on each of the six above. I’ll be contributing often on there so please do check back every week! Let me know what you think of the article on the comment box here. I’d love to know your thoughts! Do share your favorite foundation of all-time / at the moment as well, if you can!

1. Karen
    August 30, 2015 / 1:05 am

Congrats Shari 🙂
    My all time faves are Nars ADL..NARS sheer glow. LAURA mercier silk creme photo ready foundation and Benefit hello flawless oxygen wow.
    Planning to get chanel perfection lumiere soon 🙂

• September 9, 2015 / 3:26 pm

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for sharing your faves – the NARS ADL is fast becoming my favorite if not for the wrong shade choice, ha! I mix it with my dewier foundations and it still works! I love how long-lasting it is and the finish is amazing – not too matte like the ELDW. Perfection Lumiere is great too but sometimes, when I’ve dry bits, it’s a challenge to work with!

2. September 2, 2015 / 9:25 am

Oh, I have heard amazing things about that Bobbi Brown and Double Wear foundation, both I haven’t tried before. I own the NARS Luminous Weightless foundation and have tried the L’Oreal true match which both were most raved about aswell but I find them didn’t work too well on my oily skin. Currently I am mixing Maybelline matte and poreless foundation with a Candy Doll BB cream and I love how full coverage it is, feels lightweight and wears comfortably. My all time favourite would have to be the MAC Pro Longwear!

• September 9, 2015 / 3:30 pm

Have you tried the NEW reformulated True Match? It works well on my oily t-zone. The past True Match wasn’t as great for oil-control properties, as I stated in my article linked above. MAC Pro Longwear is a great long-lasting foundation, though – have to agree! It’s just that my face can’t handle MAC foundations (HUHU), I break out 🙁

3. September 5, 2015 / 3:11 pm

I did read through you article in BeautyMNL and I thought it was well done! I’m not much of a beauty junkie so my eyes tend to glaze over if the article is too technical, but I learned quite a few things reading yours. 🙂

4. September 6, 2015 / 7:31 pm

Have you tried MAXFACTOR Facefinity Foundation? It’s nice din 😀

5. October 1, 2015 / 4:12 am

How does Nars All Day Luminous stand with Manila’s heat and humidity? I’m on the search for THE unmovable foundation, as I notice the foundations that I use for here just completely slides off my face 10 minutes after applying it when I’m in the Philippines! Does MAC’s Studio Fix last or does Pro Longwear perform better. I’ve read Shiseido’s UV Protect was good but cannot find a colour match here. Have you also tried (and tested) Bobbi Brown’s serum foundation? (sorry for picking your brain, I can’t find any one else who understands Asia humidity!)

• Ariane RC
      August 6, 2016 / 9:43 am

Hey… I’ve been looking for a long lasting foundation as well.. A lot have been saying that Revlon Colorstay foundation lasts for more than 10 hours. So, you might consider that 😀