MAC Wash and Dry

mac-wash-and-dry-collection mac-wash-and-dry-collection-4

Wash and Dry

MAC summer 2015 Collection
I wasn’t even aware MAC had this collection as I’ve barely been following the beauty blogosphere in terms of new releases (less temptation, more savings LOL). Wash and Dry is MAC’s summer collection – a bit behind since over on this side of the globe, we’ve already bid goodbye to the season as typhoon-ation has officially begun. But it did serve as a nice pick-me-up during the gloomy weather. Bronzer during the rainy season, why the hell not! Summer is a state of mind, you guys. Or so I’d like to think because I believe this is only my second bronzer to own ever. The first being NARS Laguna, which I’ve finished up already. From this collection, I’ll be reviewing the Tumble Dry Lipstick* in Lustre and the Refined Golden Bronzer*.
mac-wash-and-dry-collection-2mac-wash-and-dry-collection-3
Refined Golden Bronzer
Finely spun golden with soft pearl“, says MAC. It’s a medium brown with some warm reddish undertones. It registers a bit dark orange on my yellowish Asian skintone. The shimmer is quite obvious – even from the photo you can see the sparkles a specklin’. However, it doesn’t fully translate on the skin as most of it falls out of the brush before I even swipe it on (which I favor). It has good pigmentation, one swipe blended out is perfect for me. I did build it up to two layers below just so it’s more prominent on cam. I find the powder easily blendable despite its dry texture. But I definitely can’t use my fingers to apply this (y’know in case of emergencies where I forget to bring a brush).
mac-wash-and-dry-collection-5mac-wash-and-dry-collection-6mac-wash-and-dry-collection-8
Tumble Dry Lipstick
I’ve to be quite blunt with this – I don’t get on with this lipstick. It’s a light peachy coral that’s so sheer (even for a lustre) that I had to layer at least 5 times to get the shade to show on my lips. One swipe was so sheer that it looks like I only put lip balm on. And light peachy corals like these really make me look sallow and sick so it was quite tricky to work with. Layering it on 5 times made me look more ‘healthy’, ha ha! But I definitely prefer Razzledazzler over this – even if they have the same finish which is Lustre. This had almost no pay-off and was too glossy for my taste.
mac-wash-and-dry-collection-9
Browsed through the rest of the collection and I found myself lusting over the Freshen Up Highlight Powder, although I certainly don’t need it. But I love my MAC Whisper of Gilt to death when I want that ‘intense glow’ that I feel compelled to get another Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighter!
You can check the whole collection here. Does anything from the Wash and Dry collection appeal to you? Let me know below!

1. July 13, 2015 / 3:55 pm

You made the lipstick super work for you, though! I love the packaging of this. Somehow it’s always nice to see MAC go out of their packaging shell. Makes you wanna BUY ALL THE THINGS! Haha.

other-worldly.org

• July 18, 2015 / 7:52 pm

REALLYYYY?! Thanks for thinking it works! I think pairing it with the bronzer really made me look less ‘zombiefied’. I swiped it on without the bronzer and gosh, putla levels! YES ON THEIR PACAKAGING. The Giambattista Valli collection of lipsticks… SHUCKS. Tapon pera time! Haha

2. July 13, 2015 / 6:08 pm

I love the packaging when it comes to this collection! It’s good to see some fun, bright colours instead of black. The lipstick is such a pretty shade, it’s such a shame it didn’t translate onto the lips. x

nueyork.blogspot.com

• July 18, 2015 / 7:53 pm

I love me the all-black, sleek packaging but sometimes, pops of color just like these make for an inspiring makeup day! Especially with the gloomy weather we’ve been having here.

3. July 13, 2015 / 6:53 pm

Pass ako dito pero I like the packaging! So summery! xx

• July 18, 2015 / 7:54 pm

Are you saving $$$ for the GV collection too, Laarns? Haha! Kainis I wanna buy all the lipsticks in that collection kahit di okay sakin yung shade because I loooove the tubes!!

4. July 13, 2015 / 7:24 pm

That is one collection with super fun packaging. I love how Tumble Dry looks on you!

5. July 13, 2015 / 7:25 pm

If I bought anything from this collection, it would onlh be for the packaging. I will say though, your face is GHLOOOWING. What highlighter did you use?!

• July 18, 2015 / 7:56 pm

GURRRRL, I didn’t use highlighter in this look. FORREALZ. I think that’s the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation lang 🙂 I only used the bronzer here! Baka sa lighting lang rin ‘cos I used my ring light 🙂

• July 18, 2015 / 7:56 pm

It’s quite orangey compared to my preferred bronzers like NARS Laguna but I like it kasi it can double as a blush narin 😉

6. July 14, 2015 / 10:36 pm

The packaging looks so good, but it also seems scratch-prone!

7. July 14, 2015 / 11:49 pm

I like the lippie, actually. Maybe it’d work better on skintones a bit lighter. *ehem ehem*

• July 18, 2015 / 7:57 pm

GURL IT’S YOURS! 🙂 I’ll give it to you the next time I see ya 😉 I’d love to see how it looks on you!