Makeup Play: The Usuals

nars-bobbi-brown-tom-ford-makeup nars-bobbi-brown-tom-ford-makeup-3 nars-bobbi-brown-tom-ford-makeup-2

Do the Dew

My version of semi-Strobing
I forgot to put the highlighter I used in this look (which is one of the main “highlights”) – MAC’s Whisper of Gilt. Strobing game on.
I’ve missed just putting on makeup and doing FOTDs so I thought I’d pop in and do one right now before I go on with my backlog of reviews. Eek! Anyway, usual suspects are on here – the K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner in its new formulation, Bobbi Brown Foundation in Warm Beige, Fez and Coconut Grove from the NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette (which you can’t see anyway because hooded lids, yo!). Not so usual suspects — the Bobbi Brown Weightless Powder Foundation which I’ve been liking as a powder since it has medium-full coverage but doesn’t cake at all and look heavy on (can you even tell I’m wearing powder?! *wink*) and making a reappearance after a long time of not wearing it, Tom Ford in Spanish Pink. Seeing this on me again reminds me of why I loved it instantly and abused it before.
nars-bobbi-brown-tom-ford-makeup-4 nars-bobbi-brown-tom-ford-makeup-5
*Wearing Air Optix contact lenses in Pure Hazel and Bohktoh Eyelashes – can I just say the contacts feel so light and comfortable, I almost slept with them on? Ha ha!
The most non-usual suspects – Air Optix contact lenses and Bohktoh false lashes! When I was pregnant, I was hooked on colored contact lenses – I had about 10-12 different ones I played around with (even the unusually large doll eyes pairs!) but after I gave birth, it’s as if I instantly lost all interest in it. Falsies, on the other hand, I’ve never gotten used to wearing because I find them so uncomfortable. I’ve to admit they make a world of difference in opening up my eyes and making me look more… put together / feminine / decent?! Not to mention, I feel more confident for some reason as well! Anyway, these Bohktoh False Eyelashes are anti-bacterial and freaking lightweight! I always felt that falsies would make me look ‘too made up’ but sometimes, they polish up a nice ‘no makeup’ makeup look as well.
What do you think? Do you wear contacts for aesthetics? How about falsies? Sound off your opinions below!

1. July 6, 2015 / 2:48 pm

I’ve been wanting to try that Bobbi Brown liquid foundation. I love this makeup look! So natural and dewy.

2. July 6, 2015 / 2:55 pm

I only wear contacts cuz I’m blind without them or my glasses. How are you wearing powder?! Your skin looks so smooth and glowy! Not at all cakey or flat looking. What style are those Boktoh lashes? I’m getting into wearing falsies now. That style looks so natural and pretty.

3. July 6, 2015 / 5:07 pm

That powder is amazing – you can’t see it on your skin at all! I think this is a very interesting look (contacts + falsies) on you, Shari! 😀

4. July 6, 2015 / 7:13 pm

Totes gorgeous girl! I’d love to try the Bobbi Brown foundation, I will have to check it out at the counter soon. I’ve had a little bit of a one out before one in policy lately and I’ve just tossed a foundation. Err, not exactly because I used it all, cause I used it the other day and realised it’s probably past its prime. Still counts as one out though right? Hehe.
    thebeautybloss.com

5. Lily
    July 6, 2015 / 10:06 pm

Falsies make the world of a difference on everyone! So do contact lenses. I can’t wear contacts anymore – very dry eyes. I was recently sent a couple of pairs of Esquido lashes to try. They look super luxe – can’t wait to play with them!

6. July 7, 2015 / 1:11 am

Your foundation + powder combo looks really nice! Your skin still looks so healthy and dewy even after putting powder on 🙂

7. July 7, 2015 / 2:34 am

I love the look! SO fresh. 🙂 I can’t wear contacts because of my bad eye, and it’s so hard for me to apply falsies so, millions of coats of mascara is what I usually wear. Haha! 😀

8. July 7, 2015 / 10:52 am

GLOHHWWWWWWW I love it. I’ve tried wearing contacts before but they irritated my eyes so they’re not for me. Not like I actually need them anyway. Falsies on the other hand were my best friends back in the day I used to do ballet! We even used to place them in the middle of the eyelid and not on the lashline to make our eyes open up REALLY FREAKIN WIDE. Needless to say mukhang tanga up close, lol. But so beautiful in pictures and on stage!

9. July 7, 2015 / 1:52 pm

Still too nervous to put plastic in my eyes but lashes I can deal, haha. I haven’t found any that look good on me but then again, I wasn’t trying too hard. Will have a peek at these 😉

10. Stacy
    July 10, 2015 / 2:13 am

Great products!!!! And you are sooooo beautiful)

tastyrumors.blogspot.com

11. MissMadeleine
    July 11, 2015 / 11:04 pm

What a fun & delightful blog! (And I’ve looked at a lot of them).

12. July 16, 2015 / 12:43 am

Spanish Pink is amazing. I don’t know if I’ve read about it fro you before or just forgotten about it but wowowow. So daintehhh.

13. Annie C
    July 19, 2015 / 4:14 pm

I’ve never really been interested in falsies or colored contacts. I own one pair of natural falsies, but they don’t show if I’m wearing a smokey eye with them and I feel like they don’t make much of a difference to my eyes. On the other hand, if I buy more dramatic lashes, they’ll obviously look fake so in the end, I just don’t bother, haha. Loving this natural dewy makeup look on you!

xoxo, Annie