One Brand Face: Estee Lauder

estee-lauder-fez estee2

Estee Lauder

Two years ago, I wouldn’t have imagined I would be looking into Estee Lauder makeup. Maybe because I associated the brand with my borderline-snooty aunties who are hardcore loyalists that they’d write fanfiction about Estee if they could. In short, I felt that it was too “Tita” for me. Ha ha! Everything changed during my first foray into the brand which was through their Double Wear Foundation. My feeling then was that of a high school student who found out her crush had a crush on her too. That foundation was just perfect for my acne-ravaged skin then as it had full-on coverage and lasted through Manila heat and humidity without sliding off at all. I slowly eased my way into the brand and fell in love with their other products – such as their quints, lipsticks and their good-Lord-save-me-from-this-addiction-called-Advanced Night Repair Serum.
estee-lauder-face-3
Double Wear Pencil. The pencil glides on like gel but doesn’t crumble or melt from being overly creamy. It still stays intact (as pictured above) after being used twice or thrice. And I’m impressed that the liner really stays on the waterlines and lashlines without smudging or fading for a good 8 hours or so. Definitely one of the better eyeliner pencils I’ve tried thus far!
Double Wear Extreme Mascara. The mascara is so-so. I like that it really lengthens and slightly volumizes without clumping. The brush head/wand is quite small in size so it isn’t a mess to apply especially if you have thin, sparse lashes (like I do) – but I find that it smudges after 4 hours. I prefer their Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying mascara which I’ve emptied out already. I also like using their Little Black Primer mascara in conjunction (with EL and other mascaras).
estee-lipstick-impulsive
Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Impulsive. Let it be known that I’m in a dark/vampy/red lipstick stage but this pinky nude hooked me right back to the pink/nude spectrum. The formula – even the shade -reminds me so much of some of Tom Ford’s Spanish Pink which was my ultimate pinky nude lipstick for a while back then. Just have to share that ever since I received this, I’ve been wearing it daily! I’d swatch some lipsticks, try to go bold and bright but end up wiping them off midday and changing to this. Obsessed is an understatement.
estee-lauder-face-6
Advanced Night Repair Serum. So I’ve talked about this “Vampire’s Brew” serum in detail before (here) so no need to profess my love for it again. Just have to gush that it’s been a constant pick-me-upper when I feel my skin is drying out from trying other skincare products. I’m not big on moisturizers as I’m too much of a lazyass to wait for serum to dry and layer it on after – so a serum that hydrates and relieves my skin of dullness is a must. This ANR serum does all those – I never fail to wake up with better-looking and feeling skin in the morning.
estee-lauder-makeup-fotd2 estee-lauder-makeup-asia
Double Wear Foundation. Since my acne surrendered in battle, I’ve been okay with less coverage which means I rarely bust out this beloved bottle these days. I only reserve it for special occasions when I need to look fully made up. In its place, I’ve been reaching for the Perfectionist Youth Infusing Makeup foundation instead. I’ve recently discovered that the ELDW is perfect to use as an undereye concealer. But only in thin layers as it can get cakey if piled on. In this set, I didn’t use any other concealer – just the ELDW. I love it.
sep
Do you have any favorites from Estee Lauder? Let me know in the comments section below! I’d love to hear your picks from the brand!

1. June 9, 2015 / 9:16 am

All of the products here look incredible and I love the look you created! The nude is such a stunning shade. x

nueyork.blogspot.com

• June 9, 2015 / 11:07 am

It is such a beautiful pinky nude, indeed!!

2. Nicole
    June 9, 2015 / 10:08 am

Ohmygod! Is the Little Black Primer already available in Manila?

• June 9, 2015 / 11:07 am

Yes it is, Nicole 🙂 It has been for a while now!

3. June 9, 2015 / 11:05 am

Look at you, you gorgeous lady! I’ve just emptied my deluxe sized sample of ANR and I have all the sads 🙁 I think (know) I’m going to have to purchase the full size at some point very soon. It’s only been recently I have gotten into a bit of EL makeup. A while back I got a sample of DW and hated it, but would be interested in trying the Perfectionist. OMG the Pure Colour Envy lipsticks are just the best. I have two now Irresistible & Impassioned and just want to collect them all!
    thebeautybloss.com

4. June 9, 2015 / 7:10 pm

i’ve been using my perfectionish foundation everyday! what shade are you, just curious?

5. June 9, 2015 / 8:29 pm

Haha I agree with thinking that Estée Lauder was too “Tita” for me, too! I’ve been wanting to try the Perfectionist Foundation since you blogged about it! Also that Double Wear Pencil sounds like a hidden gem – need to swatch!

6. Lily
    June 9, 2015 / 9:20 pm

OMG I think that’s the general impression of Estee Lauder. They are for more matured women, maybe in their 50s and above? LOL! I think it totally revamped its line, but the most impressive palette so far has to be the Violet Underground. My favourite though, has to be the ANR serum. It’s a staple that I repurchase over and over 🙂

7. June 9, 2015 / 10:35 pm

Hey you know I haven’t bought and used Estee Lauder in AGES, and you’re reminding me of just what brilliant products they have. I think I also stopped thinking about the brand because it seemed more for mature women in their 50s and over. But really they do have some brilliant products that we all can wear.

8. June 10, 2015 / 12:36 am

“Maybe because I associated the brand with my borderline-snooty aunties who are hardcore loyalists that they’d write fanfiction about Estee if they could. In short, I felt that it was too “Tita” for me.”

I literally have a sosy tita who buys complete Estee Lauder routines! :)) Then my older cousin (the picture of the corporate career gal) also did the same. I think it’s mostly because they have so many GWPs during Gift Time, but that also created the image in my head that it’s meant for the more… mature ladies. Hanggang Pleasures lang tuloy ako! That is, until I went in and did a 3-minute makeover (that turned into 15-minutes because the counter was free). I like how they’ve revamped their image, and I LOVE Kendall Jenner’s look. At this point, it’s a matter of finding that perfect EL product to start me off with and coming up with the budget! The shadow palette looks promising…

9. June 10, 2015 / 3:15 pm

HUHU same I’ve always thought Estee was soooo tita. I’ve yet to purchase anything there from my own wallet, but I do have an eyeshadow palette from I don’t even remember, lol.

10. June 10, 2015 / 11:18 pm

That’s a really pretty look! I love the Envy lipsticks, Intense Nude is perfect!

11. June 10, 2015 / 11:28 pm

I still think of Estee as too tita, hahahaha! Tita Shari 😛

12. June 13, 2015 / 5:33 am

I love the glow!

13. czarina darwall
    June 24, 2015 / 6:39 pm

love the lippie shade. i might just have to get it! you mind telling us what shade you wear for the double wear foundation?

14. June 29, 2015 / 10:04 am

Totally LOL’d at that Double Wear metaphor…but SADLY I CANNOT RELATE ;-; (Estee fanfic tho? REALLY??? Gonna google later to see if it exists LOL)
    Jokes aside, EL totally has “rich middle aged/senior women” vibes. (And because most of my friends are filipino, I know what ‘tita’ is :D) Apparently their decision to use Kendal was to try and appeal to a younger demographic

Anyways, ‘Impulsive’ is a gorgeous shade on you! I’m totally in my ‘vampy/deeper reds’ phase too, but lord knows I won’t be wearing those out of the house.