Drugstore Liner Worth The Rave

maybelline-hypersharp-2 maybelline-hypersharp-3 maybelline-hypersharp-4 maybelline-hypersharp-5
Hypersharp
Maybelline Hypersharp Liner
I’ve been using gel liner more often than liquid liner the past few weeks as I’ve lost my favorite drugstore liner (Heroine Make) months back and have already finished up my trusty K-Palette eyeliner. I’m iffy with eyeliner – I don’t like it too glossy nor flaking and/or fading by midday. Also, “panda eyes” is my non-negotiable. Once I experience that with any liquid (or pencil or gel) liner, I may never use them again. Exciting news, my friends — I may have just found my new favorite drugstore liner that’s even cheaper than the Heroine Make one I liked.
The Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner is a simple, solid, no-fuss eyeliner housed in a pen and comes in two variants – the Original version that has a 0.1mm thin tip and the Wing version that has a duo-thickness tip. They’re both jet black in one stroke and I need not go over the line x times just to get it to the level of intensity I want. Did I mention these liners are waterproof and smudgeproof? I usually shy away from waterproof because it means a pain in the ass to remove but it comes off with micellar water. No need for heavy duty bi-phased removers. I attest to the waterproof and smudgeproof powers, you guys! You can call me impressed much.
Also, I like that with the Wing version, I can get both thinness and thickness as shown in the swatches above. My favorite feature is not having to tug on my lids to get an even, smooth line. I SWEAR IT’S THAT GOOD. Yes, I can apply this on with just one hand. Also, because of the duo-thickness, you can work faster and fill in the blank areas easily. I’m also impressed that this doesn’t fade even after 7 hours of wear. It still retains the same jet black opacity it exhibits when applied. One other thing – am I the only one that ruins her liner after curling the lashes with a curler? This is one of the (very few) liners I don’t experience that mishap with.
maybelline-hypersharp-liner-fotd2 maybelline-hypersharp-liner-fotd-asian
For only Php399, Hypersharp isn’t extremely cheap but compared to the other liquid liners I swear by, this is the most budget-friendly. The best time to try them is this month – as Maybelline is holding their Makeup Madness Sale and these Hypersharp eyeliners are now only PHP299! Check out the other items on sale as well. I suggest going for the Fashion Brow pencil and brow mascara too!
maybelline-philippines-sale
What’s your favorite drugstore liquid eyeliner?

1. May 4, 2015 / 12:25 am

I have never heard of this eyeliner! It sounds lovely, though I’m more partial to brush tips than felt tips!

• May 7, 2015 / 12:36 am

Really?! It looks like it has a felt tip from the photo but it’s actually a brush tip! It’s just really thin and fine 🙂

• May 7, 2015 / 10:25 pm

Oooh! Even more reason to try this out then! 8D

2. May 4, 2015 / 1:25 am

Sounds awesome!! I’ve only tried pencil eyeliner and I have to tug my eye to get the line straight which is annoying. Can’t wait to check this out.

• May 7, 2015 / 12:37 am

Try this, girl! I’m iffy with liquid eyeliners eh, but I like this one! Get it on sale para mas sulit!

• May 7, 2015 / 12:37 am

You’re welcome, Katie!

• May 7, 2015 / 12:37 am

Your comments made me wonder if this is Asia-exclusive. Lemme go research!

3. Natalia
    May 4, 2015 / 7:45 am

Awesome post! Definitely need to find myself a winged eyeliner and this might be a winner!

XO, Natalia from http://www.darlingtrend.com

• May 7, 2015 / 12:38 am

It makes winging easier, definitely!

4. Lily
    May 4, 2015 / 10:28 am

I haven’t tried these. I recently bought their fashion brow pencil – the really fine one that twists up. I was so DISAPPOINTED! It kept on breaking no matter how gentle I was, especially the shade brown. It was a total waste of money, because I only got 5 applications from it. It just kept on breaking. The grey one wasn’t so bad but still. That experience just proved to me again that we pay a little more for quality. However, I’ve read pretty good reviews about these from a few trusted bloggers, so it might just be that brow pencil thing.

• May 7, 2015 / 12:39 am

Awww Lily, that’s too bad about the brow pencil. I had high hopes for it! I’ve used it a few times and I like the shade selection but right now, I always reach for my waterproof MAC browcreme since it’s swelter season. This eyeliner though works better, I assure you! 🙂

5. May 4, 2015 / 8:29 pm

I don’t think anything could ever replace my love for the Hyperglossy eyeliners. Your eensy wing looks so good. I always end up doing bold graphic ones. All because of the Post-its I place to get my wing. *sigh* But without them, my wings are too wonky… I do agree that when I curly my lashes, some products transfers. So I started curling my lashes before placing any eye makeup. Works like a charm!

• May 7, 2015 / 12:41 am

Ahh the Hyperglossy liners! I’m not a fan of super glossy liners (the Heroine Make one dries matte which is why it’s my fave) but this one isn’t too glossy either so I like it. I really can NOT even out my winged liners – I’ve given up. I always end up with super thick liner on one side because I try to even them out but just ruin it altogether :)) I can’t work naman with curling my lashes first then doing eye makeup. It gets in the way!!! I’ll try again soon- I hate when liner flakes or smudges after I’ve curled my lashes 🙁

• May 7, 2015 / 12:41 am

GET! hehe 😉

6. Gia
    May 8, 2015 / 9:54 am

Would you recommend getting these over the K-Palette ones? I’m keen on saving a few pesos haha!

7. May 11, 2015 / 1:45 am