Mom Moment: Clean Freak

lysol-wipes-baby-4
Ger-mom-phobe
I used to tell my mom she was too paranoid because she was always sanitizing everything in sight. Always had alcohol and tissue handy as if we were running after viruses whenever we were out – “wipe your hands“, “wipe the spoon and fork“, “wipe the table“, “wipe the doorknob“, “wipe the air!” LOL. I never fully understood her ways (I mean, I know she was keeping us away from illnesses and such) until I became a mother myself. I don’t deprive Selene from rolling around grassy areas and playing in public parks as she pleases. But ever since she contracted the Hand Foot Mouth disease when she was a year old, my eyes have then evolved and could now detect a mile away if she’s about to put her hand in her mouth. That’s when I bust out the big guns – my sanitizing spray and baby wipes. Seeing her quiet, weak and uncomfortable when she had the disease – ugh, it was a debilitating feeling that had me wishing I were the one ill instead of her. I get tired, sure, of chasing after her running around curious of the world around her. But I’d rather be tired from that than tired of being helpless seeing her sick, hugging me for comfort.
lysol-wipes-baby-2
Selene: “Here comes my mother and her wipes again.. I can never just eat in peace.”
lysol-wipes-baby-3
Doesn’t matter where we are, I will get down on the ground and do ma sanitizing thang.
lysol-wipes-babylysol-hand-wipes-2
Lysol
Germ Protection Hand Wipes
Lugging a sanitizing spray and a huge pack of baby wipes has been second nature to me but I’m happy that the folks from Lysol (makers of the famous disinfectant sprays) have come up with their own version of cleansing wipes that fuses the two things together. An alcohol-free, on-the-go pack of wipes that offers germ protection by killing 99.9% of bacteria that I’ve since feared after Selene’s HFM disease experience. They have these in small travel packs so I can cut down the weight of my hand-slash-diaper-slash-laptop-slash-just-stuff-everything-inside bag (which leaves room for more bottles and maybe a canister of snacks!).
The little one’s been getting used to Mom always out to clean her hands that now – when she gets her hands dirty – she runs to me and asks me for the pack of wipes herself. Here she is doing the whole thing without me even asking. Note: I went outside and was supposed to take a photo of the wipes but I found her gathering rocks to put inside her Peppa Pig backpack. One look at her and she knew what I was about to do so she came up to me and said, “Mom, dirty hands. Wipes please“.
lysol-wipes-baby-6 lysol-wipes-baby-5 lysol-wipes-baby-clean
Are you happy, mom? Look, clean hands! Now can I go pick up some more rocks!?
lysol-neutra-air-spray-4
Lysol Neutra Air
Liquid Disinfectant Spray and Air Sanitizer
If you think my germomphobe ways stop at those wipes, think again (who knew I’d actually be sharing cleaning tips in this blog!? LOL!). I go through huge bottles of Lysol Disinfectant Sprays faster than I finish up bottles of makeup remover. This new Neutra Air version is not just your typical air freshener that only masks odors temporarily. This one actually helps destroy those odors while killing 99.9% of the bacteria that causes it at the source (when used properly) so odors do not come back. There are specific instructions for rooms, different surfaces (toilet seats, desks, glass, bed frames, etc.) but I mainly use it for air sanitizing.
You can now find the new Lysol Wipes and Neutra Air Spray at all leading supermarkets near you.
lysol-neutra-air-spray-6
I know right! I just shared cleaning tips in a beauty blog. Besides the fact that this is a sponsored post, I really do use these in the house so I didn’t hesitate to accept this commissioned entry. May I add, these sprays don’t come cheap considering how fast I go through them so I’m actually delighted to be given a bottle. LOL! Am I officially a domesticated wife or what? I’d actually trade in getting a Tom Ford palette or two for that lightweight handheld vacuum I’ve been eyeing.
So are you a germaphobe too? Even if you’re not a mom yet? Do share!
*This post was brought to you by Lysol Philippines.

1. May 3, 2015 / 12:37 am

I’m such a huge germaphobe. I always have a bottle of alcohol with me. My friends say I’m like a mom. I’m always ready for anything. I keep wipes, tissue, alcohol, bandaids, a nail cutter and allergy/pain meds in my bag. I get it from my mom. Before we eat at a restaurant my mom, sister and I spritz the table with alcohol and wipe it down with wipes. Always dousing our hands with alcohol before and after eating, too. Whenever I’m out with friends, I always remind them to use alcohol. I give them my tissue, wipes and alcohol when they go to the bathroom. Even in school! They always go to me first for the goods. I haven’t tried these wipes yet but I will!! More like my mom will and she’ll buy me several packs. 😉 She loves the Neutra Air too. She even has a mini sized one for her bag. We’re a family of germaphobes. 😀

• May 7, 2015 / 12:19 am

GURL ARE WE SOUL SISTERS OR WHAT. Pati our itinerary last Monday – that was so cool slash creepy! It’s like we’re connected. HAHA! We both went to LTO then bank then H&M (I was in Megamall, where were you?). Then this – we’re both huge germaphobes! It’s legit – I’m you and you’re me :)) Spritzing alcohol on the table = YES!!! Haha. There is a mini-sized Neutra Air?!?!?!?! I get from S&R kasi (the big ones in threes na) but I’ve never seen the small ones. Let me know where to get pls! I need it in my bag. HAHA.

• May 9, 2015 / 10:12 pm

MEGAMALL TOO!! Creepy cool. HAHAHA They’re from True Value! Same price as a large can (rip off..) but my mom loves it too much to care.

2. May 3, 2015 / 12:48 am

You have such a beautiful house Shari! Please do a house tour post or something! pretty please! And your little Selene is super duper cute! <3 <3

TheConscienceFund

• May 7, 2015 / 12:20 am

Aww thanks Div! Don’t be fooled though – those are just certain parts. Most of our house is cluttered and a huge mess!! HUHU. You just reminded me to do some spring cleaning :(( LOL! Thanks for the sweetest comments Divyyy! I miss our convos and I miss your blog – I’ll backread when I’ve the time! 🙂 Hope you’re well, babe!

• May 7, 2015 / 5:17 pm

I am good darling! Don’t worry about reading do that when you have time! 🙂

3. April Serio
    May 3, 2015 / 1:38 am

I used to be super germaphobe with my first child with my second one…not so much.Things could get crazy overwelhming around the house that I can’t keep up.

• May 7, 2015 / 12:22 am

I think I’ll be like this when I do have my second child. I know how it feels, April – I’m sure you have it even crazier with two little angels in the house! I’ve one lang but it already keeps my hands full! 🙂 Keep up the great work Momma! And advanced happy mothers day!

4. May 3, 2015 / 8:53 am

I was the same when I had my eldest. Then I kinda realized that they need a bit of germs in order for their immune system to adjust, otherwise, they’d be just too sensitive on almost anything. So when I had my second son, I’m not as clean freak as I used to with my eldest son. hehe
    Random Beauty by Hollie

• May 7, 2015 / 12:23 am

That’s what everyone keeps telling me and I do believe it – but wala eh, I can’t stand Selene putting her hands in her mouth. I’m too paranoid now. I felt so helpless when she had the HFM disease 🙁 Luckily, never na naulit and save for her pneumonia that got her hospitalized, hindi na siya uli nagkasakit. I guess the germs upped her immune system nga! Advanced happy mothers day, Hollie dear!

5. May 3, 2015 / 9:44 am

I’m a total germaphobe. I used to wash my hands so much in a day that my hands would get dry, flakey and sore huhu. It was so bad that I had to cut down on the washing, and now I just use hand sanitizer in between washes. Lol. =))))

• May 7, 2015 / 12:25 am

Hahahaha gurl, we on the same boat – do you feel the waves? Kaya my hands are dry na rin because I keep washing and putting on alcohol :)) Even sanitizer is drying ha! Make sure to get a fast-absorbing hand cream to put in between washes to keep your hands wrinkle-free in the future 😉

• May 7, 2015 / 5:31 pm

True! I’m still on the look out for a good hand cream. I’ve been using Human Nature’s strawberry hand and foot cream, but I kinda want to try something new hehe. I’m eyeing Physiogel though it’s kinda pricey so I’m holding off the purchase. Lol. =))

6. May 3, 2015 / 2:41 pm

Aww what a cutie puff your little one is! My grandma is a germaphobe which she passed the trait down to me back when I used to live with her. I don’t blame her cause it’s a good habit to be hygienic at all times.

• May 7, 2015 / 12:25 am

Thanks Lacy!!! So fun to read fellow germaphobe stories :)) I got mine from my momma! Haha

7. May 3, 2015 / 3:04 pm

I don’t think I’m a germaphobe, but I like everything neat and clean and in their proper place. Even seeing the keyboard tilted at the wrong angle ticks me off. Hahahaha! Anyway, it’s good to teach children early on how to keep their hands clean to prevent passing on bacteria that might cause illnesses, especially since children love putting things in their mouths.

• May 7, 2015 / 12:27 am

Gurl, I think that’s OCD na! Haha. I used to be like that as well when I was younger, as in I would open the door and close it slowly until I felt satisfied. I liked everything on my table neat and flat-laid (when flatlays weren’t even a thing yet). One slanted object, I wouldn’t be able to sleep. When I started working, wala na – all hell came loose. I was piling everything in my room, all regard for order were thrown out the window :))

8. May 3, 2015 / 4:25 pm

Your daughter is gorgeous!!! I used to be a bit of a germaphobe but as a mum to a six year old boy, you get over it. God knows what or where he puts his hands, I don’t even want to imagine. He knows that hand soap washing happens after bathroom trips and before eating or if he done something super gross like playing with a worm or something outside. But in all honesty, I still have to hound him all.the.time about it.
    thebeautybloss.com

• May 7, 2015 / 12:29 am

I can not believe you have a handsome 6-yr-old, love!! Playing with a worm LOLOL!! I can’t even imagine my face when I see my daughter picking up one soon. Haha! I love though that he knows these things already and put them to action (fine, even if you still hound him sometimes) ‘cos I know a few 6-7 yr olds who don’t even bother (washing their hands AND listening to their moms).

• May 7, 2015 / 8:16 am

Lols, worms are the least of it. He was collecting snails a few weeks back and trying to have snail races on the driveway. EEEWWWW. Six year old boys do the absolute grossest things xx

9. May 3, 2015 / 5:38 pm

SELENE IS SO CUTE SHOWING OFF HER ITTY BITTY HANDS :O At ikaw na ang pinaka-donyang nag-llysol :))

• May 7, 2015 / 12:29 am

HEE! Thanks Telliebellz!! Paalis kasi ako niyan kaya mej nakaayos. Next time I’ll be in my daster!! :))

10. marianabantug
    May 3, 2015 / 9:22 pm

I’m not even a mom yet and I always have wet wipes with me! I usually buy the Hello Kitty ones because they smell good and are super moist, but I’ll check out the Lysol ones because Lysol is pretty awesome. Haha.

CUTE NI SELENE. <3

• May 7, 2015 / 12:31 am

Lysol has this ‘clean’ scent you’ll either hate or love though! But I suck it up ‘cos I know it’s dual-purpose na :)) Where do you get your Hello Kitty wipes?! Selene would love that! She loves Hello Kitty – almost didn’t want to leave a camera store where there was Hello Kitty Instax. :)))

• May 7, 2015 / 2:58 pm

I had Hello Kitty wipes also before! I believe I bought them lang at a supermarket

11. May 4, 2015 / 8:43 am

I’m not a Mum yet but this will SOOO be me lol. Just found your blog via Helen’s post featuring you and I’m loving reading your content. I love your unique layout! xx

Sarah | More Than Adored

• May 7, 2015 / 12:32 am

Hi Sarah! Thank you for following. And thank you Helen for leading Sarah here! 🙂 I would love to hear your mom stories when you do become one, luv. Hopefully (OR NOT?) we’ll both still be blogging by then!

12. May 4, 2015 / 10:40 am

I am absolutely sold. Yes to air sanitizer ^.^

Selene is adorbskibles!!!

• May 7, 2015 / 12:33 am

Hold that lipstick, I’d like to get a pack of air sanitizers instead. :))) Haluuuu Jill!!!

13. May 6, 2015 / 7:15 am

I would probably be a ger-mom-phobe like you. Hehe. Daming sakit ngayon, and kids are very vulnerable. Gandang model ng spray. Hmmm, next ba sa TV na? Hehehe

• May 7, 2015 / 12:33 am

All hail germomphobes! LOL.
      At hahaha ano ka ba Juvs! Gurrrrl naman, pang-bathroom ad lang ang beauty ko! :)))

14. May 11, 2015 / 1:49 am

I’m using the wipes as well! Super love the scent!

Happy Mother’s Day! <3

15. May 15, 2015 / 7:55 am

These photos are so beyond precious! What a cutie pie Selene is, and her mom looks pretty adorable in a ponytail! 😉 Oh my gosh, one of my co-workers had their >1 year old son get hand, foot and mouth disease (someone thought he said “hoof and mouth disease” and he was like, “My child doesn’t have hooves!”) and it was AWFUL. So sorry you guys went through that too. I’d be sanitizing like a mofo if I had a wee one! Stop, drop, and sanitize! 😉

16. May 23, 2015 / 10:08 am

Sometimes I can’t believe you’re a mom. I MEAN…YOU HAVE A LIFE?? OFF THE INTERNET?? YOU HAVE A MINI HUMAN?? Jokes aside, same with my mom. Luckily, I’m ~all grown up~ now, but good lord, if she sees free disinfecting wipes + sanitizer at the mall, she makes a beeline for it and saves the wipes for ‘later’. -_-
    I personally don’t like hand sanitizer just because I prefer washing my hands with actual soap and water, but wipes are really handy for wiping down phones/furniture knobs and handles/anything else that needs the saving grace of alcohol.