Let’s Talk About Diz Heat

summer-edit-makeup-2
Can’t be Bothered
“..But lets try to look decent in this heat, anyway” picks
HALLO beauty friends! As mentioned in my past post, I’ve been working on a shoe brand launch so my blog has taken a backseat for the past month. I can’t wait to share with you all what I’ve been working on. For now, I humbly ask if you could follow @meninastepph on Instagram if you could! Thank yew!
And can I just share? This heat is making me enemies with makeup. That and my recently busy and leave-now-or-you’ll-be-extremely-late-so-just-stay-at-home-if-you-dont schedule that has me forgoing all else except SUNSCREEN (!!!), brows (sometimes I even skip it), powder (because OIL SLICK even before you step out of the house) and a touch of color and moisture on the lips. Add to that my last huge can of Avene Thermal Water mist that I keep in my bag always despite the weight because I’m not the misty~ mom for nothing. Hah!
Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint. Letting go of lipsticks for the time being because they’re just too iffy on the lips during these heat spells. My lips have been crazy dry too so just upon application, they’d be peeling in flakes. I even have a couple of ‘wounded’ areas already because of the dryness. Yowch. This baby tint gives the right amount of moisture with a good amount of pigment that camouflages the wounded parts that’ve peeled off.
Chanel Les Beiges Powder in N30. Being a dewy skin advocate, it’s tough for me to say that I actually want a more matte look this season because dewy equates to sticky (thanks to sweat!) nowadays. This Les Beiges powder is perfect for everyday use after sunscreen because it goes on almost translucent but mattifies and evens out the skin beautifully with its minimal pigment. And it doesn’t ever CAKE. No powder bits clinging on to dry areas, no hint of powder anywhere. No heavy feeling like you’re wearing anything. Call it magic! LOL. But yes, my powder BFF this season. I love the brush that it comes with as well, it can actually be utilized especially for touch-ups throughout the day.
summer-edit-makeup
Guerlain Meteorites in Rose. I think the recurring theme for my summer picks is “lightweight” and “barely there”. Bust out my Meteorites again after hibernating for a while because I’ve discovered more “out there” glow-inducing options. This time, since I’ve foregone any kind of base, these balls bring back ‘life’ to my now-preferred matte look. The “glow” isn’t as apparent or palpable when I use liquid highlighter or my Burberry Nude Radiance but it’s there. Trust-me-I-wasn’t-just-influenced-by-my-beauty-blogger-friends-who-love-these-balls it’s there.
Benefit Bathina Scented Body Mist. This travel-sized body mist from Benefit’s best-selling Bathina body balm keeps me smelling ‘just-finished-bathing-in-peaches-Sicilian-lemon-white-blossoms-and-velvet-plum” all throughout the day. Since it has no alcohol, I use it as a hair mist as well. Of course, the downside to no alcohol is it doesn’t last long so you have to spritz all day. Upside is, using it on your skin makes it a bit more hydrated just without the sheen from the famed Body Balm.
summer-look-2
My uniform summer face.
What are your BFFs in this scorching weather? Do share! Also, have a lovely holiday weekend, folks!

1. May 2, 2015 / 12:10 pm

Need that mist and powder! And its nice to know I’m not the only one with really dry lips – they stay dry no matter what lip balm I use at night! 🙁

• May 6, 2015 / 11:58 pm

MIST, PLZ! I want to hoard all the facial mists in the market because it’s one of my ultimate calm-down-gurrrl product. HAHA! And yes, same here Pauline, dry lips even if I use balm. And I’ve tried a lot na! 🙁

• May 7, 2015 / 10:24 pm

Same! So desperate to try facial mists with this heat 🙁 And same! I’ve used even my most heavy duty lip balms but nothing helps 🙁

2. Pastel Pink
    May 2, 2015 / 2:35 pm

How’s that Avene thermal water? is it great? have you tried the Bio-Essence one?

• May 6, 2015 / 11:59 pm

I haven’t tried the Bio Essence one, love. But the Avene Thermal Water works for me since I suffer from redness around my nose -it helps calm my skin down. When I had breakouts, I used this below my moisturizer and my acne calmed down instantly. Depends really though if you need it! 🙂

3. May 2, 2015 / 3:08 pm

I’ve been spritzing my face with my Urban Decay Vitamin B6 spray. Leaves my face feeling minty cool. Makeup has beeb my enemy as well. I just opt for some winged liner and tinted lip balm. Since I can’t stay away from my red I’ve been religously using my Clinique Chubbyb Stick Intense in Mightiest Maraschino. The only solutions I have for this heat are ice cold showers or trips to the beach.

• May 7, 2015 / 12:13 am

Your winged liner snaps are always TOUCHE, gurlfran. I wish I could do the same but it always ends up not being pantay! So wag na lang, I’m not even gonna try anymore. Hanggang tiiiiiny barely-there wing lang ako 🙂 Haha! Ice cold showers, yesssss. I’ll check out that Clinique Mightiest Maraschino nga, been hearing a lot about that from you!

• May 7, 2015 / 12:01 am

I can send some ballz over to you, dear! :))) Ahh yes the Caudalie Elixir Spray!

4. May 2, 2015 / 3:12 pm

Love your Summer look Shari! I have been going crazy with the Hourglass Radiant Light powder this season and just adore it!!

TheConscienceFund

• May 7, 2015 / 12:10 am

Ahhhh the HG Radiant Light is perfect for our scorching summer heat here as well – since I’ve been shying away from the sun because UV RAYS (!!!), I love the fake bronzy glow Radiant Light gives me 🙂

5. Coco
    May 2, 2015 / 4:17 pm

I feel horrible all of the time! Like my foundation is melting. Luckily it never LOOKS like it’s melting xx

• May 7, 2015 / 12:13 am

SAME SENTIMENTS, COCO 🙁 But mine mostly looks like it’s melting off of my face by the end of the day. LOL

6. May 2, 2015 / 7:54 pm

honestly i don’t know how you guys in SE asia do it. i went there a few springs ago and i just wanted to die form the heat! all i wanted to put on was powder and that’s it so i can see why you’ve gone with just that. i want to try les beiges one day..once i finish up a few powders

• May 7, 2015 / 12:15 am

If you’ve tried a lot of powders already (like I know you have!!), I don’t think you’ll be particularly blown away by this. My makeup artist/blogger friend swears by her MUFE powder and I always trust her recommendations so if I were you, get that one instead (if you dont have it yet!) 😉

7. May 2, 2015 / 9:58 pm

Now that I’ve discovered NARS – I swear by NARS Tinted Moisturizer this summer! Super lightweight and long-lasting I love it. I think I need to buy a backup na agad hahaha

• May 7, 2015 / 12:16 am

AHHHH NARS Tinted Moisturizer! Love that! But even that is too ‘sticky’ for me this summer. I’m saying bye bye to my dewy foundations muna and go for mattifying ones if I “really need” to put on funda! 🙂 But yes, I love that TM – more than Laura’s!

8. May 3, 2015 / 7:40 pm

Beautiful makeup look! I’ve been wearing my Laura Mercier TM so much recently, it’s perfect for a really light weight, glowing base and paired with my MAC highlighter, I’m in love! The Guerlain Meteoritesound so lovely for a soft glow!

Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

• May 7, 2015 / 12:17 am

I’ve had a stage where all I wore was Laura’s TM as well – but since discovering NARS’ version, I’ve switched! Laura’s is great for those who don’t have anything to cover up though which by the looks of it – you don’t babe 🙂

• May 7, 2015 / 12:10 am

It does! 🙂

9. May 6, 2015 / 7:49 am

With or without makeup, ka-ganda!!! <3 My go-to base talaga is concealer then BB/Face powder lang. I just can't deal with too much liquid/sticky base. I hate when my face makeup cakes esp. under my eyes. I pack a lot of concealer kasi dahil sa dark undereye circles. Boohoo!

• May 7, 2015 / 12:11 am

AY sus, thanks Juvygurl!!! 🙂 Right now, concealer + powder is my choice of base when I absolutely need to look ‘decent’ :)) Pilit na pilit na ako mag foundation ngayon kasi as you mentioned, STICKY! I also have dark undereyes, gurl. Sad high five tayo diyan 🙁

10. May 11, 2015 / 1:53 am

That “mist” joke cracked me up! HAHAHA! 🙂

11. May 11, 2015 / 1:48 pm

Les Beiges is awesome. I wish it wasn’t that expensive. But it’s the best powder for this season.

12. May 15, 2015 / 7:51 am

Yes! You look glorious in your summer face uniform, SharsBears! Less is always more in the heat. I usually wear tinted moisturizer, a lip gloss or balm, mascara, setting powder to mattify, and some sort of blush b/c what’s life without blush?! I have one of those Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint things. Need to get that out, thanks for the reminder! A shoe launch!?!?! WHAT?! Can’t wait to read more!

13. Jenn
    May 28, 2015 / 7:37 am

Hi Shari! Try using Smith’s Rosebud Salve as your lip balm before going to bed (and during the day!). I usually scrub my lips with my finger before I step out of the shower, and all the dry skin will come off! 🙂