A Quick Catch-Up

May 16, 2015

black-blue-ootd-B

black-blue-ootd-2B black-blue-ootd-4

I’ve been running around like a headless chicken the past month – sometimes in heels, sometimes in flats. Mostly in flats. I feel like I’m juggling three full-time jobs at the moment – keeping up with my blog’s project deadlines, prepping up for the shoe brand launch and the hardest of all, motherhood and domestic duties. Since my husband left to do his training in France, I haven’t been as miserable as I thought I would be. Thankfully because I’m kept busy with everything going on. I live for being productive and doing something to keep my hands busy but I’ve realized I’m tremendously lacking on the organization and time management department. There were so many instances in the past month where I’ve left the house literally zooming out the door because I’m late for an event or a meeting (as I still needed to submit a draft and cook lunch or dinner for stocking before heading out).
It’s been crazy and I don’t look nearly as poised or calm or collected as I seem above. In fact, I was rushing home this day because I needed to fetch Selene from my mom who was going to the hospital for a check-up. This quick catch-up is I guess a cry for “SEND HELP” (LOL) — full-time parenting + full-time working (on two different things) is something I’m still trying to figure out so if you’ve tips for me (maybe an effective alarm to wake me up at 4 in the morning to be able to do everything without rushing or maybe want to be my intern and be paid in beauty products LOLOL), I’d certainly appreciate it! If none, just let me know what’s going on with your life at the moment – I’d love to take a break and read about your life!
And yes, in keeping up with the theme of this post, I’m yet again rushing out the door for a meeting.

How about some more reading?

24 comments

Raven Ang May 16, 2015 at 5:03 pm

You can do it Shari!! It’ll all pay off in the end and be worth all the struggle and stress. 🙂 Currently just stressing over what to pack and what to do on my trip… But I’ve been at the beach for a few days for some R&R with my cousins. Having a great time. Feeling like a student again? Just take a deeeeep breath and take it slow. I always get overwhelmed so I like to take a break as much as i can. Maybe it’ll work for you. 🙂 I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE. HAHAHA. 😉 You now have an intern.

Shari May 24, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Thanks for the motivation Raven! :* (“Ohhhh I think I have found myself a cheerleader…she is always right there when I need her!” HAHA) I’m so stressed yet excited to finish this pop-up on Saturday! Sad you won’t be in town.. I wanted to invite you and your mom! 🙂 And it’s weird.. it’s not entirely like a student (cos I know as a student I can slack off and now I really cant!!) – it’s full on responsibilities which I can’t perfect the perfect time management skills on. Like if I slacked off a little on one area, e.g. being a mom, a little person a.k.a SELENE will be hungry and kawawa. If I slacked off on the job, our event will spell disaster :)) The blog is the one taking a backseat for now but even then, I’ve sponsored posts I need to submit drafts for so it’s not totally on hold. These all take time, effort, physical and mental and emotional strength! I’m happy that I’m busy and doing all these but at the same time, I wish I knew how to better handle it. Okay enough ramblings for now! Hihi

Erika Tan-Agravante May 16, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Be your intern and be paid with beauty products? I’d take it… if I didn’t have Star to take care of, lol. You can do it, Shari! Right now I’m busy being a full-time mom to a 4-month old who keeps on screaming, I don’t even understand what she wants anymore! Lol. On the bright side, I know it’s just a phase.

Shari May 24, 2015 at 1:50 pm

GURL wait ’til she becomes a two year old toddler who will lie on the floor in the middle of the mall and scream and shout. I’m super okay with the continuous crying at 4-months old :)) I’ll take it! Haha. Now kasi Selene can voice out what she wants so she’s persistent and forceful and physical! Take it easy – relax ka lang dyan! :))) Enjoy the phase! (AS I’m telling myself right now when I’m so frustrated with Selene I just want to cry LOL)

Agata May 16, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Shari, I won’t have a lot of useful tips for you because I am not a mom so I am juggling just my full time job, blogging and domestic duties but I think you’re doing great!! Things will get easier, I am sure! And thank you for sharing your feelings with us. It’s nice to hear that successful bloggers are still normal people like the rest of us, with their ups and downs!

Hang in there, sending lots of hugs your way <3

Shari May 24, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Hi Agata!! Thank you for the kind words 🙂 I appreciate them so much! I don’t know how you effortlessly manage your full-time job + blogging + domestic duties – I applaud you dear and keep it up! 🙂 We can do itttt! Thank you for the hugs 🙂

Jennifer Monforton May 17, 2015 at 1:03 am

Gosh, it does sound like a hectic, crazy time! I hope you can find a few minutes here and there to breathe and relax- little peaceful moments can add up 🙂

Shari May 24, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Little peaceful moments in the shower and on the toilet are keeping me sane atm 😉 Haha! Thanks Jen!

jenn @Abeautifulzen May 17, 2015 at 3:18 am

hello pashli bag! i love my mini version but when i see the big one i think..oh there’s my bag’s older sister haha. it looked too big for me but somehow it works on you.

and omigosh ppl think i’m busy but i can’t believe what its like for you right now. if i could send parenting/working/whatever angels to help you out i would!!!

Shari May 24, 2015 at 6:22 pm

It’s not a PASHLI, Jenn! HUHU. I wish it were! But my financial planning doesn’t include ‘investing’ in a bag atm! 🙁 It’s just a Pashli-looking bag from Mango!

Parenting angels, PLZ and THANK U~~ :*

Kristen / Glambunctious May 18, 2015 at 2:09 am

Gosh, you look so sophisticated, Shari! How long is your hubs training in France for? That’s got to be hard on top of everything you’ve got going on in Shariland! The only advice I have is do as few things out of obligation as possible to make room for doing the things that bring you joy. <3 Much love and MAI TAIS! :*

Shari May 24, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Sophisticated stress, is that what you call it? HAHA! THANKS BEB!!! That sounds too cool for what I’m experiencing now. Haha! But yes, the husband is in France for half a year! Almost a month down 🙂 Thank you for the advice – appreciate it!! Love and mai tais — I’ll take both pls! :**

Isabelle May 18, 2015 at 5:44 am

Good luck getting through these hectic times! Don’t forget to relax once in a while 🙂

Where is your bag from? Is it a Pashli?

Shari May 24, 2015 at 6:23 pm

It’s not a Pashli, guys! 🙂 It’s from a Mango collection from months back 🙂 Thanks Isabelle! APPRECIATE THE LUUUV:*

ichi May 19, 2015 at 12:08 am

The shoes!!! <3

Shari May 24, 2015 at 6:23 pm

It’s from SM Parisian 😉 :*

Romila Marie May 19, 2015 at 9:43 pm

I love your Pashli!! A nice change to all the Celine’s floating around the web hahaha

GANDA MO!

Shari May 24, 2015 at 6:25 pm

BABE! It’s not a Pashli… huhu! I want one badly!!! Even more than a Celine (too trendy for my liiiife! haha). I wish I could afford a Pashli but I’m way too burara (and poor!) for a designer bag :))

Janine Ella May 23, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Ganda ng ensemble! Ang shoes! <3 I saw your post on Instagram about the shoe brand and I'm actually excited! Looking forward sa launching and congratulations in advance! 🙂 My life's on a good old routine, work five days a week and spend the weekend with my baby Zayn and a few blogging duties in between! I've been longing for a whole body massage na nga eh! Hirap pero super fulfilling talaga magin mommy sa cute na bata! :))

Shari May 24, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Awww thanks Janine! I appreciate the loooove :* Thank you for the kind words about the launch! If you were here in Manila, I’d invite you to the event so you can check out the shoes in person! You know what.. I get the hirap but fulfilling part naman. There are just some moments of frustration na those words are useless to me :))) When I just want to cry! Haha. OH MOTHERHOOD!

Janine Ella May 24, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Weee thanks Shari!!! Now I wish I was in Manila! HAHA! Ako din naman! Napapaiyak din talaga ako pag feeling ko sobrang hirap na at feel na feel kong ughhhh. Pero nawawala agad kasi si Zayn para nararamdaman din niya, yayakapin nya ko bigla at mag ah-I love you! OH MOTHERHOOD talaga! <333

jgpangi June 4, 2015 at 6:56 am

A shoe brand launch? Color me excited! Is it too much to hope that you carry size 10s?

I think you’re doing the best that you can, juggling everything. Ganyan talaga if we want the best of both worlds, and I know the most worthwhile validation is a cheeky baby’s big smile ^.^ That being said, I’ve totally let my blogs fall by the wayside, hahahahaha. But as always, you’ve inspired me to get back on that horse! More power to you, mommy Shari <3 <3 <3

Vanessa June 5, 2015 at 9:48 am

My life motto during periods of stress is pretty much, “This too, shall soon pass”….so HANG IN THERE SHERI!
(Though let’s be real, even if you were running around like a chicken without it’s head, you’re still probably looking flawless AF)

But damn, I’ve had a black dress shirt that’s been hanging in my closet for YEARS because I didn’t know how to style it…AND HERE YOU ARE, PAIRING IT WITH A SHINY GIANT NECKLACE. Might have to get styling tips from you U.U

Monica Ferrer May 1, 2016 at 3:41 pm