A New Concealer in my Stash

shiseido-stick-concealer shiseido-perfecting-stick-concealer shiseido-perfecting-stick-concealer-3 shiseido-perfecting-stick-concealer-2
Shiseido Perfecting Stick Concealer*
A New Product from Shiseido
I can’t believe this is the first Shiseido product I’m blogging about. I shouldn’t be surprised (still I am), the brand didn’t quite appeal to me then because I saw it as traditional and rigid — which was a bad thing because it hindered me from discovering some great products in the range which I am now a huge fan of. Will talk about those soon! For now, I’ll share my thoughts on a fairly new addition to the range which I’m still in the process of figuring out if I love it or not – the Shiseido Perfecting Stick Concealer *.
The concealer is housed in a sleek, black tube that reminds me of the famous Cle de Peau concealer. The formula is an emollient, thick cream that glides on smoothly with no dragging. I personally like that it’s moisturizing on the undereyes because other cream concealers tend to be drying on me. As with other concealers, the key here is to pat or buff the concealer, otherwise it just diminishes and fades without covering anything. I got mine in the Shade 44 (33 also works for me but it has yellow undertones) which has peach undertones and works magically in counteracting dark circles. I’m so pleased that I chose to go with shade 44 than 33 as I don’t need to use any corrector underneath for my dark circles anymore. This works as a 2-in-1 corrector + concealer for me!
The downsides I’ve encountered with this, though – it leaves lines unfilled. It doesn’t quite cover evenly, I have to work in the concealer properly so it doesn’t look ‘cracked’. It’s pretty pigmented, though. One swipe is enough to conceal my bags and circles – given I use the right technique (pat or buff, not swipe!). I then always finish up with a slight dusting of loose powder to set the concealer in place and fill in lines unfilled (if there are any). There is a slight learning curve to using this concealer but when you do find the right way of using it to your liking, it looks like this:
shiseido-concealer-stick-swatch
I definitely love the flawless finish after I’ve figured out the most effective way of using it which is swipe one layer, buff with a synthetic eye brush, swipe another layer and pat pat pat. I set with a loose powder after and ta-da – what dark circles?! I also find this works for concealing blemishes and redness. The NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer hasn’t been working for me anymore so I’m happy to replace that with this new Shiseido concealer. I’m still gauging if I already love it or not – we’ll see after a month.
What concealer/s are you using and loving at the moment? Do share!

1. April 6, 2015 / 5:03 pm

The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer has stolen my heart again. I originally got the lightest shade but struggled with it. When I got the third shade I put off using it because of my SSE. Although the Collection concealer does dry quickly, it still wins me over because of its coverage. I find though that I have to blend it as fast as I can so I work in areas. But tbh, I’ve barely been wearing any bases. It’s just too hot and humid! The moment I’m out the door to go to the car, I’m already a sweaty mess. How do you do it?

2. anne0822
    April 6, 2015 / 5:13 pm

Loving zero kuma concealer for my dark under eye circles! A little dot goes a long way..
    For pimple marks, I’m loving Lise Watier Concealer wheel. 🙂

3. Lily
    April 6, 2015 / 9:08 pm

I’ve been liking a little more glow under my eyes lately, so I’ve been rotating a few products. The UD Naked Skin concealer dries matte, but it’s very light in texture. I’ve been really liking my RMS ‘un’ cover up as well as Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush On Glow BB 🙂

4. April 6, 2015 / 10:32 pm

Nice review. Honestly, I have never tried anything from Shiseido, not sure why! My main concern is dark circles so maybe it would be a good concealer for me!

5. April 6, 2015 / 10:40 pm

i haven’t tried and shiseido cosmetics though i’ve used a bit of their skincare. i think a stick concealer formula is quite handy. i always pat on my concealer. esp under the eyes since swiping means i’m tugging at my skin. its a fine balance of how much to pat on though ’cause the MUFE concealer i use is quite thick so i don’t want a clump on my part. sounds like both this and yours takes a bit of learning 🙂

6. April 7, 2015 / 12:10 am

Interesting post at an interesting moment as I am slowly becoming more displeased with my Nars ones too…

7. April 7, 2015 / 4:22 am

Oh my gosh, this concealer looks amazing! o: I’ve been on the look out for a new undereye concealer, since my eyebags are getting out of hand. Thanks for sharing!

8. April 7, 2015 / 4:59 am

I love the effect on you in your last picture! I like the sound of it not being too drying, because that’s what I often struggle with when it comes to concealers. I have a bunch of concealers I still need to finish (slowly but surely one by one they’re running out), but next up I think I’ll be trying that UD Naked concealer. Any thoughts on that one?

9. April 7, 2015 / 8:39 am

I need this! I feel like dark circles are so prevalent and just hereditary within my family. It doesn’t matter what I do, they won’t go away. The best I can do is just hide them. I’ll have to try this concealer for sure!

10. April 7, 2015 / 6:08 pm

Dark circles? I fail to detect them, Shari! I haven’t tried much from Shiseido either, it just seems to be a brand that doesn’t appeal to me as much so I’m curious to know what you’ve been loving from their brand! I like the sound of it not being too drying as I’m not really an advocate of using stick concealers under my eyes because I mostly find them too drying. It does seem like it requires some patience at first, which I definitely lack, LOL!

Lots of love ♥︎

11. April 8, 2015 / 10:12 am

I’m currently using Clinique Even Better Concealer for my acne scars (ugh) but I’m still looking for a product that can easily be purchased here in the PH (I’m having a hard time looking for the same shade that I have). I’ll look forward for your update on Shiseido, I may look into it next time when my concealer runs up hehe 😀

12. April 9, 2015 / 12:39 am

The NARS is good for my baby circles but it can look makeupy if all I’m wearing is sunscreen or tinted moisturizer. since I’m not wearing foundation these days, I like the Benefit Fake Up Concealer 🙂

13. April 9, 2015 / 12:40 pm

I FINA-freaking-LLY got myself a NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer! I’ve yet to try it though… hope it works well for me!

14. April 11, 2015 / 1:34 am

Stick concealers including this one and Cle de Peau creases badly under my eyes possibly due to my combo/oily skin. It is not a concealer completely but my favorite would be YSL touche eclat. Thanks for the excellent review 🙂