My Beauty Regimen

beauty-regimen-nestle-nonfat2

Staying Beautiful

my mid-20s beauty regimen
I’m a beauty blogger. I’m quite obsessed with makeup. That’s stating the obvious. But what else other than my addiction to cosmetics do I do for ‘beauty maintenance’? While I’d love to reveal that sleeping 8 hours is my only beauty secret, let’s be realistic. First, I don’t get 8 hours of sleep. Second, it just dawned upon me that I am in fact aging — thanks to a mouth wrinkle pointed out to me by a friend recently. While I will embrace my wrinkles when I get older, I’d like to delay them as much as I could, no? So far, here is a simple list of my so-called beauty regimen.
beauty-regimen-nestle-nonfat3

Makeup

My no-brainer feel-beautiful-when-you’re-really-feeling-stressed routine (whether it’s PMS-induced or otherwise). Tricks of the trade: even out my dull (crying-to-be-exfoliated-and-moisturized) skin with foundation, ‘fleek out’ those brows (wait, did I make sense with my usage of that Vine slang?), play up my eyes and swipe on a tube of lipstick. These days, a good red or a deep plum is my ultimate confidence booster.
beauty-regimen-nestle-nonfat

Skincare

I’ve pared down my skincare routine because doing it Korean style a.k.a 10-step-skincare was just making me skip the whole thing altogether. Plus, long-time readers would know my attention span has a limit of one skincare product only. These nights, I never sleep without applying any kind of serum on. After which I put on moisturizer — though sometimes I get too lazy for it and feel like the serum’s enough (it’s not and you shouldn’t be lazy to put on moisturizer for the love of your skin!).
beauty-regimen-nestle-nonfat4

Food

I’m quite careful with my diet now as I realized that I don’t have the same metabolism I had when I was in my teenage years (so for those of you still in your teens, eat everything you can! Ha ha!). My doctor has also advised me to watch my sugar intake as it can lead to certain kinds of acne. If there’s one thing you should take away from this post it’s that what we eat has certain effects on our skin as well. There are even ‘diets’ that take into consideration your blood type, etc. because we all react differently to certain food.
nestle-nonfat-milk-1

Non-Fat Milk

I’ve been an avid milk drinker since I was a young girl because my mom ingrained into our heads early on that milk is important. We always had a glass of fresh milk every morning and every night before going to sleep. Nowadays, what I’ve been doing is when the midnight hunger pangs come calling, instead of grabbing a bag of chips or ordering late night fast food — I just chug down another glass of milk instead. Non-fat milk, to be exact!
beauty-regimen-nestle-nonfat7B

Sunscreen

I had to separate this from skincare to emphasize how important it is to slather on sunscreen every single day. The sun does so much damage to the skin without us knowing it. Premature wrinkles, laugh lines, sunspots – which may only manifest in our 40s+. You want to know the most effective anti-aging secret? It’s sunscreen.
beauty-regimen-nestle-nonfat6B

Relax

I have no regular exercise (do household chores + running around a toddler count? But seriously considering getting into yogilates soon) but I make sure I find time to meditate and disconnect. One of the leading causes of aging non-gracefully is stress so I make sure that when I begin to feel anxious, overly-worried or just plain stressed out – I go to my Lady Cave, light my favorite Diptyque candle, listen to instrumental music, clear my head and just breathe.
nestle-nonfat-milk-beauty-regimen
How do you stay beautiful?
COMMENT BELOW OR Tweet me and win a surprise gift pack!
I’d love to hear your own beauty regimens – just one or two that you take to heart. Win a surprise gift pack just by tweeting it on your Twitter feed — please use the hashtag #MistyMomBeauty so I can see your entries. I’ll be picking a winner from there. What is in the gift pack? Everything in the photo below. Check out that cute blender!
nestle-nonfat-giveaway *This post was brought to you by Nestle Non-Fat Milk. I was compensated for this post but all thoughts and experiences are my own.

1. April 8, 2015 / 10:12 pm

Great post, Shari! 🙂 I used to follow the Korean skin care regimen too until I realized how expensive it was to maintain and how it wasn’t doing my skin any good 🙁 It seems that less products (but still effective) is the way to better skin! 🙂

Catpacking | Beauty & Travel

• April 9, 2015 / 7:02 pm

I tried doing the Korean skincare regimen but I think I lasted 3 days :’) Super di kaya! I get so lazy thinking about it palang while I’m washing my face HAHA! But yes, it’s true that less products can be better for the skin sometimes. I dont know how the Koreans do it – I guess they got their skin accustomed to it. Too much products sometimes makes the skin angry!

2. April 8, 2015 / 10:50 pm

I wonder if korean mommies do the xx-step korean skin care regimen.

P.S. This reminds me, I should get calcium supplements. Can’t drink milk.

• April 9, 2015 / 7:04 pm

RAE!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!!! I’m here if you need anything (not that I’m an expert on anything. more like experiential sharing lang! haha)

I wondered the same thing – I think they do! TIYAGA LANG.

YES go get calcium supplements PLS! You need it! And your little one needs it as well! 🙂

3. Cindy B
    April 9, 2015 / 12:36 am

Tried doing the korean style skincare layering and it seemed to cause more problems than good for me. I think I would need to use korean products for it to work well but then I’d have to overhaul my products

• April 9, 2015 / 7:15 pm

More often than not when it comes to skincare, less is best! There are only a few people who can make the whole Korean skincare routine work. Most of them are patient enough to get past the purging stage 🙂 If what works for you is just cleanse-moisturize, go for that! 🙂

4. April 9, 2015 / 4:01 am

Such a lovely post. You should really stop saying you’re getting old. You’re only old when you feel like it! 😉 I think you’re absolutely beautiful so there’s nothing to worry about! ^^ Love reading this post and looking at your gorgeous pictures – as always, such a treat! ♥︎

• April 9, 2015 / 7:16 pm

AWWW ALICE! I know my past posts have been too much about aging LOL. Sorry about that! I’m not really worried about it, only a good proportionate amount HAHAHA! But thank you for the encouraging words – I appreciate it babe! Thank you, thank you! You seem like such a lovely woman I would love to meet you in this lifetime!

5. April 9, 2015 / 10:19 am

Although I am beauty obsessed, makeup is something I can’t bother with everyday. Lately, I’ve been watching what I eat, drinking a LOT of water and I’ve been going jogging 4-5 times a week. I could never do the Koreans’ way of skincare. Most days I completely forget to do anything with my skin. Now, I’ve been having breakouts galore. So really, all I can really do is be more diligent with everything. 😀

• April 9, 2015 / 7:18 pm

BECAUSE YOU HAVE AWEZUM SKIN BABE. No need for makeup! I, on the other hand, am undergoing a juggling-everything-and-looking-more-stressed-than-the-usual so makeup is really my BFF even if it’s frikkin’ hot!! BTW SO SO NICE TO MEET YOU EARLIER! I feel like we’ve known each other for years LOL. Was my bear hug too tight?! Hahahaha!! See you again soon gurl! LETS PLAN IT!

6. April 9, 2015 / 11:00 am

Nice realistic routine. 🙂 I don’t get 8 hours of sleep either. *sigh* But we make do.

• April 9, 2015 / 7:19 pm

We make do. I concur. How many hours of sleep do you usually get, Marielle?

• April 11, 2015 / 10:01 pm

7 hours at most! Even since elementary and high school…

7. April 9, 2015 / 12:45 pm

Reason for joining: DAT BLENDER SO KYOT.

PS. your wedding ring is so beautiful <3

• April 9, 2015 / 7:19 pm

Aww thanks Erika! 🙂 Hihi. And yes, the blender is nice! Di siya pink though ha! 🙂

8. April 9, 2015 / 2:52 pm

Oh my god, that blender is so CUTE!!! I always, always moisturize. Even if I’m feeling tired or lazy, I’m not comfortable dressing up straight after a shower–I always have to moisturize first. I only skip that step when I’m too sick. I always use sunscreen as well! Unless I’m going out at night, I don’t feel comfortable stepping out without sunscreen on exposed body parts.

• April 9, 2015 / 7:21 pm

Bow down to you Aviva! Kudos for always moisturizing! I wish I could do it everyday too! ARGH. Now I’m suffering for it because I’ve dry patches everywhere :(( Anyway Ill try to start tonight! Also, yes to wearing sunscreen everyday (except of course going out at night although ang weird ko sometimes I still DO LOL!) 🙂 You’ve got the whole aging gracefully down to a tee!!

9. Lily
    April 10, 2015 / 12:04 am

OMG puh lease!! You’re still in your twenties!!!!!!!! I mean, you should start taking care of yourself sooner than later, but by no means are you old. We’re all getting older, no one isn’t. I think for me, apart from what you’ve said, it’s important to drink more water and exercise regularly. I’ve been exercising regularly for the past 2 months, and I can see a difference in my skin. OK, it might be all the lotions and potions also, but you know…

10. Melanie Brigoli
    April 10, 2015 / 11:49 am

my beauty regime: cleanse, tone, moisturize religiously… oh i love non-fat milk, I also drink this as well as the green one in rotation

11. April 11, 2015 / 12:09 pm

Yes eating healthy and sleep is the #1 prevention tip! I think drinking water also helps, although I don’t do enough of that. I never skip on moisturizing and always clean my face at the end of the night.

12. Coco
    April 11, 2015 / 3:00 pm

You look amazing! Great tips. I need to make a few improvements on my regime x

13. Edralyn Reyes
    April 12, 2015 / 11:57 am

Staying fit, healthy and beautyful plays an important role in our life. People neglect their health because of the hectic schedules but there are a llittle things that we can do each day that will add to being healthy, fit and beautyful. Get enough sleep is important thats why i always sleep atleast 8 hours a day. Exercise is important also that why im alway exercise every morning atleast 30 min. to 1 hour to improves circulation and help combat depression. Drink plenty of water atleast 8 glasses a day because water is the natural cleanser of our organ and to helps us to our bodies hydrated. Eat healthy foods, I always eat lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and whole grain. And lastly im alway drink a milk every morning to keep my bones healthy and strong like NESTLE NON-FAT MILK

14. April 13, 2015 / 11:05 pm

I stay beautiful by drinking my vitamins and pampering my skin 🙂

15. April 16, 2015 / 2:54 am

I focus on skincare (even just the basics – cleanse, tone, moisturize and protect). Happy and well-loved skin requires lesser makeup. That, plenty of water/green tea and exercise. 😀

~ichi
    chixylove.blogspot.com

16. Inna
    April 23, 2015 / 4:59 pm

I also recently started using Clarins serum so far ok.
    Re sunblock, they say to put even if indoors as the laptops and mobile device screens also emit UV rays

17. April 24, 2015 / 7:28 am

Quite an enjoyable little post! Sometimes I drink milk at night to relax and unwind, usually warmed up and poured into a mix of matcha powder, manuka honey, and 3/4 cup water. We don’t have Nestle milk here, but you’ve made me want one of Nestle’s most famous products: The Nestle Crunch Bar, LOL! 😀 I’m turning 35 on May 24th and skincare has really taken a front seat for me in the past year. I picked up some new goodies from Sunday Riley and they feel unbelievably decadent. LOL @ Lady Cave! I tend to be a worker bee and always find something to do around the house, so I do try to spend an hour or so once every week to relax, mask it up, read, watch a 14 year old (!!!) episode of Gilmore Girls, do a lip scrub, etc. It’s my weekly treat yo-self time, and I look forward to having those little luxurious moments!