A MAC Stunner

mac lipstick in stunner by nastygal mac lipstick in stunner by nastygalmac lipstick in stunner by nastygalmac lipstick in stunner swatches
MAC x NASTY GAL
Lipstick in Stunner
I got MAC Stunner from Death By Lipstick. Check out her online store here and here.
“I’ve enough red lipsticks!” – said I before I dug myself deeper into this lipstick rabbit hole I’m currently in. If you’ve been reading my blog for quite some time now, you’ll know I was quite late to the red parade. I was too engrossed in pinks and plums that I never really gave reds a chance. I’m slowly building up my red army though and this MAC x Nasty Gal beauty is a stunning addition to my stash. This collection was particularly one of those “blink and you’ll miss it” collections. Gunner, Runner and Stunner were sold out almost immediately. Which is why I’m extremely grateful that Death by Lipstick (don’t you love her store name?!), one of my trusted MAC lipstick sellers, was able to get one for me!
This MAC lipstick in Stunner is a matte medium red with slightly pink undertones. It looks very similar to Ronnie Red and I would compare them but I’ve already let go of my Ronnie Red. The matte formulation is a bit creamy so it doesn’t drag, it glides. The dryness is manageable because the longevity is good, it stays on even after a meal. I love how it masks lip lines beautifully – I mean, just look at how ‘smooth’ my lips look in the photos below. It definitely does not look like that without lipstick, ha ha! Comparing Stunner to Ronnie Red, I feel that this is less pink and more red on my lips. For me, this is another good ‘daytime red’ as well (Tom Ford Crimson Noir being the other one).
mac lipstick in stunner FOTDmac lipstick stunner FOTD
What do you think of MAC Stunner? Yay? Nay? And tell me, what’s your DAYTIME RED?

1. April 9, 2015 / 6:46 pm

Love! And wow, it really does make your lips look really smooth.

2. April 9, 2015 / 6:58 pm

THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL. It looks like you’ve edited your lips to look so smooth and hydrated. SORCERY. Every time I try a new range of lipsticks, I always go for the reds first. If the red can impress me, I’m willing to try other shades. I can never get enough of reds. I’m sure I don’t even have to mention my forever favorite red. Be it for the daytime or nighttime.

3. April 9, 2015 / 6:59 pm

Wow I didn’t even hear about this collection! Such a pretty red, I wish I saw it on counters!

4. April 9, 2015 / 7:17 pm

Oh you are a stunner for sure!!! This is super pretty on you! I actually seldom wear red, even tho I find most of them easy enough to pull off. Like you, I’m way too engrossed in other shades to reach for a red most of the time!

5. April 9, 2015 / 9:46 pm

This shade is really flattering on you. I am late to the red lipstick game too and I was scared of reds for a long time.

Currently, I am really loving Ladybug from Mac, it’s on a sheerer side but that’s why I feel really comfortable wearing it! I will have to check out Stunner though.

6. April 9, 2015 / 9:48 pm

You are so lucky you got a hold of this shade! It’s so pretty on you! Well, my day time red would be Crimson by Revlon.

7. Lily
    April 10, 2015 / 12:12 am

OK I’m not a fan of MAC lipstick formula, but they do offer a wide range of beautiful shades. Red lips aside, I love your big hair!

8. April 10, 2015 / 8:47 am

Definitely a YAY on you! the color is gorgeous, not as scary as it is in the bullet and it does look a tiny bit drying though.

9. April 10, 2015 / 2:34 pm

What a stunner, you and that shade are!

10. Karen
    April 11, 2015 / 12:09 am

Yay for you Shari 🙂
    The only red lippy that I like is NARS velvet lip pencil in mysterious red.

11. Sherica
    April 11, 2015 / 12:23 am

OMG!! Sobrang bagay te!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I ACTUALLY WANT IT :(( Pero parang di na bagay sakin ang bright red lipstick!! :((

12. marianabantug
    April 12, 2015 / 8:29 pm

Looks so smooooooth! Gunner (the one I have) definitely isn’t THAT smooth. Have you ever tried overdrawing your bottom lip, Shari? 🙂 I have a feeling it will look extra good on you when you wear reds!

13. Jenn
    May 4, 2015 / 3:33 pm

My mom just told me last Saturday that I’m a lipstick addict. I guess she saw my secret stash of lippies! HAHAHA!

My favorite day time red is Petite Red from the Julia Petit collection! Sometimes it looks like hot pink on me. 😀
    And girl, no such thing as another red lipstick!!!