A K-Palette Brow Story

kpalette-eyebrow-pens-2 kpalette-eyebrow-pencil
Brow Pen vs. Brow Pencil Duo
K Palette Eyebrow Products Faceoff
K-Palette — one of my most-used brands last 2014. Their eyeliners and eyebrows are products I always found myself reaching for without even thinking anymore. Last year, the Real Lasting Eyebrow Pen was one of my must-have eyebrow makeup items that I enter a state of mild panic when it’s not in my makeup kit for the day. This year, I received the new Lasting 2-Way Eyebrow Pencil, a dual-ended pen with a twist-up pencil on one end and powder on the other.
sep
Real Lasting Eyebrow Pen. Pictured on the right (above), this is a fine-tipped marker pen that creates faint, soft lines mimicking eyebrow hairs. First time users may think, “What? This has almost no pigment!”. Which is exactly why it’s the best eyebrow product for anyone — beginners, not-so-beginners, brow-addicts — because it makes it hard to go overboard and have overdrawn eyebrows a la mode. If you have sparse brows, it may take you longer to achieve a more defined brow. This also lasts extremely looong, almost like a ‘temporary tattoo’ as it claims to be. I have to really buff in the makeup remover to get this all off. If you’re looking for natural-looking filled-in brows, this is for you.
Lasting 2 Way Eyebrow Pencil. Pictured on the left, this is a great ‘pencil’ version of the Brow Pen. It is equally as soft and un-pigmented that you will find it hard to go overboard when drawing in your brows. The other end is an eyebrow powder dispensed in a puffy applicator that aims to soften (even more) the look of your brows. I personally use it to fill in the sparse areas and then using the pencil side to define the brow borders. I believe the reason this is just “Lasting” and not “Real Lasting” like the eyebrow pen is because it isn’t as stubborn to remove. It still lasts but it can easily be taken off at the end of the day. If you’re into more defined-looking brows, this is for you.
kpalette-eyebrow-pens-3 kpalette-eyebrow-pencils
The Eyebrow Pen, I have in 2 different shades. The 2-Way Eyebrow Pencil, I have in three different shades.
kpalette-eyebrow-pencils-swatches
While I did say that the Eyebrow Pen is suited for those who prefer natural-looking brows, I used it for defined brows quite a number of times too because.. my ‘natural’ brows are so sparse that its shape is inexistent. I really have to (sadly) draw in my brows every time. While I’ve mastered my Eyebrow Pen technique, I’ve learned that I can do it even faster using the 2-Way Lasting Pencil. Anyway, what has been happening now in my brow routine mostly is a combination of the two products.
Have you tried anything from K-Palette? What are your go-to brow products at the moment?

1. April 3, 2015 / 3:26 pm

Oh. The brow pen looks very similar to my Suqqu Brow Pen which I adore for a natural and longlasting brow, but for on a daily basis I’ve been using the Burberry Eyebrow Definer which has fast become a new fave!

X Alice

2. April 3, 2015 / 3:38 pm

I’ve only tried their liquid liner and while I did love, I already have a new love. I’ve found dip brush liquid liners easier to use than pen type ones. I really like the look of the Eyebrow Duo in you better. I wish more brands would step up their eyebrow product game.

3. April 3, 2015 / 5:25 pm

I just bought the 2 Way Eyebrow Pencil last Tuesday and can’t wait to use it! The powder at the end makes for a very unique but travel-friendly product. 🙂

4. April 3, 2015 / 9:15 pm

we don’t get this brand here 🙁 but that’s ok ’cause i have my MUFE on which is still going and going. i think something like this /would/ be good for beginners like you mentioned.

5. April 4, 2015 / 1:41 am

If you have to draw those gorgeous brows in everyday, you should add the title ‘artist’ to your resume. For seriousness, girl, them brows is amazeballs.

6. Bellyhead
    April 4, 2015 / 8:00 am

I used to buy the brow pen when I lived in Korea and still have a few back ups. It is an excellent brow pen with such a fine tip that I love the very natural look I can draw on with them! I think is compares to the SUQQU ones!

7. April 4, 2015 / 2:26 pm

Meh, my natural brows are sparse too. Growing them out just makes them look messy. I also draw my brows every single time I put on makeup, and yes, it’s quite sad. Hahahahaha! Your brows don’t look drawn on, though; they look neat but natural.

8. Lily
    April 4, 2015 / 3:14 pm

I wanted to try this but it’s out of stock most of the time. I guess it shows how popular these products are. I need to get my hands on these! I just ordered Anastasia’s dipbrow and brow wiz because I’ve heard so many great things about it. Defined brows are a must in my opinion and I’m going to try KPalette next 🙂 Thanks for the review Shari!

9. April 4, 2015 / 9:42 pm

I haven’t tried anything from this brand, but I do particularly want to try the brow pen. It sounds great! I definitely prefer my brow products sheer. Love the lasting power too!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

10. April 4, 2015 / 10:05 pm

These look like great products, so soft and natural! My brows are ultra sparse- definitely have to fill them in daily!

11. Jenna
    April 5, 2015 / 12:25 am

Good brows are everything! love the alliteration in your blog’s name 🙂

-Jenna <3
    Follow for a follow? The Chic Cupcake

12. April 7, 2015 / 5:02 am

I like the eyebrow pen in shade 01 on you, Shari! Very pretty 🙂 I often leave my brows untouched for office looks but when I do take the time to fill them in I still like powder the most. Other products often have too much pigmentation going on. So I really like the sight of this pen! I will keep it in mind for my next trip to Japan, I did a bit of research and I think they should stock it there 🙂

13. Karen
    April 8, 2015 / 1:08 am

im using k palette eyebrow pen as well, and then I set it with mac girlboy brow gel 🙂

14. April 9, 2015 / 12:39 pm

I swear by this eyebrow pen! I’m on my third pen!

15. Guest
    April 24, 2015 / 8:29 pm

have thick eyebrow hairs

16. Mevs
    September 23, 2015 / 10:36 am

Thank you for this helpful review. I already have thick eyebrows so I think the pen is better and easier to use. x

17. adri
    January 19, 2016 / 10:40 am

Shari, how long will the eyebrow pen last you with everyday use?