A Special Chanel Palette

chanel-eyeshadow-tisse-vendome chanel-eyeshadow-tisse-vendome-2 chanel-eyeshadow-tisse-vendome-3
A Place for Vendome
Chanel Eyeshadow Quad in Tisse Vendome
I remember being a vigilant hawk around the Chanel counters whenever I smelled new collections about to be released. I even feel like I’ve already formed this special bond with the Chanel Makati branch SAs. They’ve seen me grow from when I was the disinterested teen my mom tugged along when she went makeup shopping to when I got pregnant and was at their counter every week until now that I only sporadically pop up to swatch random things with a toddler in tow. So yeah, you could say the brand has a special place in my heart. Special enough that my husband noticed I haven’t bought any Chanel item for quite some time now which propelled him to get me one for my birthday. So yes ladies, our guys do take notice even if we think they can’t be bothered by our makeup drivel.
chanel-eyeshadow-tisse-vendome-echanel-eyeshadow-tisse-vendome-swatches
Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Tisse Vendome
Chanel Tisse Vendome is composed of the following shades — a medium brown with caramel undertones, a peach beige, an intense apricot and a grey brown.
I’ve reviewed one other reformulated Chanel eyeshadow quad here and my feelings and thoughts about the formula remain the same (if not even stronger). These are insanely smooth and creamy that one swipe would make you feel like every buck is worth it. No fallout at all – as the formula is absolutely void of talc. The color pay-off is strong and opaque in two layers, one layer isn’t sheer though – but doesn’t register as bold as above. Blending is effortless and I don’t have a hard time getting the shades to build up in the intensity I want.
I like that the shades all vary. There are no two colors that are almost indistinguishable when applied – which is my pet peeve when it comes to palettes. Also, I like that the frost is manageable – by that I mean when shades are blended together, they don’t turn into one messy frost ball. These also last quite long on the lids without primer – which I didn’t use in the FOTDs below so you can see how the eyeshadows perform on their own.
chanel-eyeshadow-tisse-vendome-fotd chanel-tisse-vendome
Chanel eyeshadow palettes are available in all Rustan’s counters. You can get them online here.
Final Thoughts. I suggest getting at least one of these newly-reformulated Chanel eyeshadows in this lifetime because… why not? Just one. Not that you need it, I mean, c’mon, we’re way past that kind of rationality in this blog. Ha! Also, I just have to share my husband’s explanation for how he decided on Tisse Vendome: I was supposed to get you the limited edition one, because… I know you like getting those limited ones even if you know you won’t really use them much. But there wasn’t any more eyeshadows from that collection, just the lipsticks (the lip palette*) and I don’t think you like your lipsticks in a palette or a case, you like them in tubes.. so I didn’t bother with that. I decided on an eyeshadow palette because it’s where you spend the longest time on when you’re at a Chanel counter and I picked out the one I know you would pick the least.” LOL. I think I married the right man.

1. April 1, 2015 / 12:42 pm

The Misty Dad is so sweet!! #otp The coral just caught my eye! Definitely eye opening. I just wish I could pull off corals. 🙁 I do love anything warm-toned. I would love to try out more eyeshadows but lately, all I’ve been wearing is eyeliner and mascara. I’m too lazy to do any more than that and it’s too hot here in Manila… The ban has been reinstated, too. Holding out til May!

2. April 1, 2015 / 12:55 pm

Oh you SO did! lol! 😀 happy belated birthday darling and the palette looks gorgeous!! 🙂

3. April 1, 2015 / 1:20 pm

Naaaw your husband sounds like the sweetest! This palette looks so gorgeous, and that formula – wow! Definitely got one of these guys on my wishlist.

Tasha // shiwashiful.

4. Lily
    April 1, 2015 / 1:34 pm

You married the right man indeed!!! He’s so analytical when choosing this palette for you – which looks great by the way!

5. April 1, 2015 / 4:23 pm

Wow, your husband is observant!

6. April 1, 2015 / 5:11 pm

The apricot looks so pretty <3 and what a sweet husband you have! I have yet to see my husband tolerate my makeup frenzy, lol. When I'd go to different counters to swatch, he stands as far away from me as possible, lol.

7. April 1, 2015 / 5:15 pm

Aww your husband is so sweet! Haha lucky you! The palette looks beautiful!

8. April 1, 2015 / 5:54 pm

Wow, your husband is so sweet, and the palette is almost done for you, looks stunning on you. Vendome is one of my favorites as well.

9. April 1, 2015 / 6:26 pm

Oh I want a Chanel palette soo badly! I was about to buy Tisse Rivoli but I put it back and now regret it! That’s so true about what you said about your husband and our boyfriends. My boyfriend knew that I wanted to get a skincare/bodycare set from soap & glory last christmas but he knew I was on a make up ban so he bought me an urban decay eyeshadow palette instead! Love love the quality of these shadows and I definitely will be getting a quad soon!

10. April 1, 2015 / 7:35 pm

Your husband picked such a pretty palette! And wow a coral shadow! It looks super pretty on you Shari! 🙂

11. April 1, 2015 / 10:40 pm

I like that he seems to always give you makeup instead of (just) flowers or chocolates on Valentines and Birthdays, etc.

Anyway, I thought it was going to look very frosty, but it looks almost matte. Amazing.

• April 1, 2015 / 11:37 pm

Would love it if my husband gives me makeup too instead of flowers and chocolates, or better yet, money to buy more makeup! Hihi!

Shari, you found the right one! Haha! Sometimes, I find it funny when I swatch new makeup like a lipstick, I would ask my husband’s opinion about it. He tells me his HONEST opinion! Like, one time sabi mukhang “patay” or masyadong bright. Haha! Nakakatawa kasi wala siyang choice kasi I don’t have anyone else around to ask. Pero, supportive din like your hubs! 🙂 Weeeeeeeee!

I hope to own at least one Chanel kasi sabi mo eh!!! Haha! 😀

12. April 1, 2015 / 11:11 pm

I think that may be the sweetest thing a guy’s ever said. It shows how much he pays attention ^.^ And the palette is lovely, it doesn’t look frosty on you at all!

If ever I get an urge for Chanel, I know which link I’ll be putting up on my blog to explain my reasons XD

13. April 2, 2015 / 12:26 am

Awwww, how sweet! He really goes the extra mile, what a keeper! It’s a lovely palette, the colors are so pretty.

14. April 2, 2015 / 9:57 am

Omg you def married the right man!!! He’s sooooo sweet!!! Argh Tisse vendome is gorgeous alright!

15. April 3, 2015 / 3:57 pm

Your husband is so sweet! They say feeding the stomach is the way into your heart but feeding the makeup love is a great way too

16. April 3, 2015 / 7:04 pm

Your husband is a keeper! Mine does buy me makeup (usually I have to hint a lot on what particular product I want) but he hasn’t bought me Chanel yet!

The palette looks beautiful though. That peachy shade is stunning!

17. April 4, 2015 / 12:39 am

omg best husband ever!!!! LOL. david would NEVER notice these things NEVVVEERRR. i actually have this same quad and am growing to like it. at first i was put off by how sheer it goes on. but i’m learning to appreciate that more. yea i think the two layer thing is key. and i found patting it on, instead of sweeping, helps a bit too. that and slightly wetting the brush (which only adds just a little more oomph but at least its a little)

and omg LOL your husband’s thought process! if this was david it would go like this: “i saw the first one, it looked fine. so i got it”

18. April 7, 2015 / 5:03 am

How thoughtful is your husband?? How does he know you wouldn’t like lippies in a palette – that’s so precise! Definitely a keeper.. 🙂

19. April 11, 2015 / 12:32 pm

hahahah smart man! This palette is beautiful! The color swatches are so rich and creamy ^__^