Travel Makeup Kit: Boracay

travel-makeup-kit-boracay travel-makeup-kit-boracay-2
Most PARED DOWN Kit Ever
Travel Makeup Kit: Shiseido Perfect UV Protector Shiseido Stick Foundation NARS Fairy’s Kiss Palette MAC Girl Boy Brow Set Shu Uemura Hard 9 Brow Giorgo Armani ETK Mascara Hourglass ALP Chanel Inspiration Laura Mercier Duo Concealer Ellis Faas Powder
Can you believe this is the least amount of makeup I’ve taken with me on a trip… ever? 10 items, you guys. TEN (not counting the sunscreen). Thanks to Enzo’s no check-in luggage arrangements — not to mention I had to pack for Selene as well because she came with us for the trip — it was pretty much non-negotiable that I lessen the amount of makeup I usually bring. Else I wouldn’t be able to type this entry now from severe arm soreness after carrying a 35lb toddler on one hand and a 10kg++ travel bag on the other. I swear, how do other moms (especially those papparazzi-ed celebs!) carry their toddlers effortlessly with one arm as if they weighed like air? The longest I could go on doing that with Selene is about 3 minutes. I think I might have to do some weight training.
travel-makeup-kit-boracay-3
While I’d like to share more about the trip, I think I’ll save it for when I have better photos. Still bugging fellow beauty blogger Mikki (who happens to be Enzo’s cousin and who was with us during the trip!) for them! A quick note: I know I haven’t shared more ‘personal’ happenings on here for a while but since it can get quite monotonous or repetitive talking about makeup all the time, I figured I’d share a few light-hearted non-beauty related things in between to break the humdrum. Like how I did back then before I got too deep into this whole beauty thang.
But first, let me blab on about this travel makeup kit that’s “record breaking” in my history of packing. What did I learn? 1. I maybe shouldn’t have brought a NARS eyeshadow palette without any eye makeup brushes. Most NARS mattes (which this palette had two of!) are extremely challenging to blend so it was finshadowing all the way, yo. That’s finger shadowing by the way, in case you’re too old for the term (FYI: I just made that up). Another FYI: I only wore eyeshadow during our nights out, not when we were going swimming or frolicking in the beach.
2. My usual routine? Sunscreen, concealer, brows, powder. Quickest one-step routine? Just the Shiseido Foundation Stick. Good lord, I love this foundation. I want to hoard a few back-up pieces of it. More on this soon. Blush is optional, I can go on without it. Eyeshadow, as I mentioned, reserved for nighttime. Waterproof mascara, reserved for nighttime as well, although I did try it the first day just to test if it can withstand saltwater.
boracay-2015-2
A sneak peek into our Boracay trip. It was quite tiring but we had an amazing time! Also, Selene is a certified water baby.

1. March 30, 2015 / 8:50 am

LOL! “Record breaking” indeed! I’ve never succeeded at a 10 item travel makeup bag, even when we’re just going to visit Jason’s parents in North Carolina and we never leave their house! I am proud of you, Shari. Cracking up at “finshadowing”! I love it! You gotta start pumping iron and get those pythons toddler-ready, LOL! ;D Beautiful pictures; looks like you guys had a blast!

2. March 30, 2015 / 9:46 am

Aha! You need to pump your muscles on your arms, I’ve been doing that since January and it does make a difference. Mas madali ding mag-banlaw ng laundry katulad ng towels dahil sa muscles sa biceps and triceps. Anyway, wow 10 products! Kudos! haha. Did you get a good tan? Your baby is adordz. My toddler here did not like the feel of the sand on her feet. It was funny! xo

3. March 30, 2015 / 10:09 am

Selene is adorbskibles! And ooo, now I want to try making a hat like that.

4. March 30, 2015 / 12:40 pm

i’ve never been to Boracay 🙁 The last beach trip I’ve been to was when I went to Pico de Loro with a couple of friends. Gosh, I never bothered wearing makeup to the beach because I know it would just melt off my face. If the weather’s hot enough here in Metro Manila, I can’t imagine how much worse it would be by the beach. Selene’s such a cutie. So sweet that she’s prioritised your hydration. 😀

5. March 30, 2015 / 12:43 pm

Finshadowing!! You’ll never forget a brush again! At least it wasn’t finfacepowdering, I’d think that’d be a lot more complex x
    thebeautybloss.com

6. March 30, 2015 / 1:20 pm

Selene is too cute! Star is such a water baby too – she super duper loves bath time she gets mad at me when I take her out of the water! We’re going to the beach this week too, so I’m gonna find out how she’d deal with a little saltwater. Can’t wait to go to Bora with my family too, when Star is much older! <3

7. Lily
    March 30, 2015 / 3:31 pm

Selene is so cute!!!!! And for vacations, I usually pack only about 5 to 6 makeup items. If I needed something but didn’t have it, well, what is a girl to do but buy new stuff? LOL!

8. Nix Sayo
    March 30, 2015 / 5:17 pm

Selene looks so big now! I remember I was already reading your blog a couple of weeks after giving birth. 😀

9. ElleSees.blogspot.com
    March 30, 2015 / 7:06 pm

love what you packed! that travolo is a must for me–something that makes me feel more like myself when i travel!

10. March 30, 2015 / 8:08 pm

I might have to try the stick foundation. I have repurchase my sunscreen for this summer.

11. March 31, 2015 / 2:35 am

Wow, I can’t just bring 10 items!!! Good job! I think you really have to gain more weight and tone those arms! Hehe. 🙂 I can’t wait for the pictures! 🙂

12. March 31, 2015 / 10:49 am

Oh that’s awesome! That’s going to be my goal when I go to Bali next month! Trying to bring only one product from each category! I just got that shiseido stick foundation recently but haven’t used it yet…I will soon now!

13. March 31, 2015 / 9:00 pm

Haha, that’s less than I would pack! 😉 Beautiful picks and looks like you’re having a lovely time 🙂

14. March 31, 2015 / 11:47 pm

Finshadowing…. of course I knew that :)) Gosh you’re tempting me so much… I think I need the stick to compliment my liquid foundie from Shiseido. I just have to. The world’s balance depends on it.

15. April 4, 2015 / 6:03 am

hmm good point (about mom’s carrying babies like air) never though about that but weight training will def help haha. i think i’ve spoiled myself by using eye brushes all the time. i do use fingers for cream products though….but for shadows i always bring at least one brush on vacation. (and i would LOVE to hear more about your life dude! bloggers are such mysteries unless they share.)
    and yea when i’m on vacation, i almost never end up wearing makeup. usually just brows and liner. maybe concealer.

16. April 18, 2015 / 10:57 am

FAMILY OF BLOGGERS, EH? 10 items though….I swear that’s more product than I use on a daily basis L O L (I’m totally with Jenn on this one, brought a bunch of makeup for my month long overseas trip, ended up barely wearing makeup for the duration, but still managed to buy a shtton of makeup to bring home. The #bbloggerlyfe, man)

Good lord, that last photo of Selene in the water. SHE LOOKS SO ANGRY AND PUDGY SO FREAKING CUTE. (Her face also looks like the ‘success baby’ meme)