Lazy Daze

themistymom-ootd-skirt-5B themistymom-ootd-skirt-4

Meh..

Is Lazy a style? cos its totally my kind.
Outfit Details: Blouse, Mango Shorts, Suiteblanco Shoes, Zara Bag, Topshop Hat, sister’s from Topshop (?)
“Minimalist”, “Normcore”, “Sophisticated”, “Timeless”, “Casual”. Nope. My style at the moment, amidst the inescapable heat may I add, is just plain “LAZY”. Lazy to do makeup, just brows and mascara (yes, I’ve become a “mascara” girl!). Lazy to fix my hair so the hat helps in taking attention away from it. Slouchy, oversized, can’t-even-tuck-my-shirt-well are keywords for the overall vibe of my current way of dressing. Definitely not trendy as I’m way past the stage of keeping up with fashion trends— I mean, those geometric shorts are very last year (or two?). But they’re black so I’m keeping them. The shirt is probably 3 years old but it’s one of the comfiest cotton tees I have to date. I love it — except when it droops down either side of my shoulders exposing my not-so-Victoria’s-Secret brassiere to the unknowing security guards in malls. Also, (any kind of) hat is not part of my usual get-up (I don’t even own one) but because my sister and I almost matched our outfits without even talking about it, she insisted I wear this for *cringe* twinning purposes. Can’t even type that word with a straight face.
themistymom-ootd-skirt-3themistymom-ootd-skirtmistymom-misspopquiz mistymom-misspopquiz2
Our agenda for that day: bedroom items shopping. My family’s finally moving out from the airbase we lived and grew up in after 22 years. Enzo and I have our own place so last weekend, we visited and stayed over a few days to pack up all the remaining crap I still had in our house. It was quite nostalgic – I unearthed 13-year-old exchanged handwritten letters with my friends that involved glitter, glue, leaves and anything else we could get our AHRTSY~ hands on. There was even a letter written in one whole Manila paper that spanned 4 feet. Contrast it to today, when communication is literally right at our fingertips, we only ever get “READ“, “SEEN” and double checks (in Filipino, we call this sentiment HUGOT).
sep
ADVERTORIAL
  p2-blooming-fashion-ootdScreen Shot 2015-03-10 at 10.54.31 AM
P2 Blooming Style
On a completely different note — if you like making or looking at outfit collages but feel frustrated that you can’t get the items on most locally, you may want to check out the celebrity fashion collage site, P2 Blooming Style. The clothes, shoes, bags and accessories featured are all from Philippine online stores like Zalora so you’re sure to find the pieces locally. Check below for examples of collages, or what they call ‘coordinates’ that they do on their website.
20150223 20150224 20150309
I particularly like that they post coordinates on a daily basis so when I’m uninspired, I have new posts to look at and get ideas from. Not to mention, how tempting it is that all products they feature are available locally! And online! The devil that is online shopping. Tsk tsk! So yes, go ahead and check out P2 Blooming Style here.

1. March 6, 2015 / 5:39 pm

I love how you pout your posts together Shari, looks like a magazine article 🙂 great outfit, I much prefer lazy day combos!
    I used to write letters to my sisters when we were younger, was so fun to find them years later and read what silly things we used to write!

Hanh x | hanhabelle

• March 10, 2015 / 11:25 am

Mah hahny! Thank you for the kind words. I changed the font, can I ask you if it’s better or should I change it back to the old font? 🙂 Also, yes, its fun reading letters from our younger years!

• March 10, 2015 / 6:22 pm

I’m feeling this design hun, you have a great eye for putting posts together….totally out of the box! I love it xx

2. March 6, 2015 / 5:43 pm

What lazy day outfit? Haha a lazy day for me is just a day at home lounging around in an oversize white shirt and shorts. I’d love for a lazy day right now. 3 more days of final exams then it’s finally summer.

• March 10, 2015 / 11:26 am

My laziest of laziest outfits is actually just a dress and slippers/flats. Just one thing to slip into and voila, no need to worry about tucking in, whatever whatever. :)) This one’s lazy because I didnt even think if the light brown tee matched with the rest of my outfit! I just grabbed whatever I could, didnt put on makeup and dashed out the door 🙂

3. March 6, 2015 / 11:06 pm

Perfect everyday comfy (but chic) outfit- you look lovely! Hope you have an amazing weekend, Shari! xo

• March 10, 2015 / 11:27 am

Comfy chic – haha thanks Jennifer! 🙂 Hope your weekend went well!

4. March 7, 2015 / 2:08 pm

So ikaw na ang chic kahit lazy. Haha. Love your slip ons!!

• March 10, 2015 / 11:27 am

It’s the hat that took the attention away from the mess of everything :)) HAHA! True though. Thanks CJ!! :**

5. March 7, 2015 / 9:06 pm

i love the skirt and have seen something similar in a popular N. American store called Aritizia. i’m pretty lazy too. i wear the exact same thing on the weekends all the time.

• March 10, 2015 / 11:29 am

Oh my gosh, what have you gotten me into Jenn. Im now browsing Aritzia and clicking on some stuff I like. BAAAD! I love their shop website, so minimalist and easy to navigate. LOL! Thanks for sucking me into this rabbithole.

• March 10, 2015 / 8:30 pm

omg i can RANT so hard about aritizia you have no idea. the sales people there are /vicious/ and competitive!! and they’re loyalty program /starts/ at spending $5000 per year. $5000!!!! who does that!?!!? i have a major love/hate relationship with Aritiza

6. March 8, 2015 / 2:00 am

You look amazing! That is SO not a lazy outfit, you look super on trend 🙂 And you look great on camera, ya know, very natural. These pics wouldn’t look out of place in a fashion week street style feature or something.

• March 10, 2015 / 11:29 am

Thanks so much babe!! I’m blushing 🙂 Too kind!!!

7. March 8, 2015 / 8:57 pm

You still look amazingly gorgeous even on your lazy day. Teach me thy ways, master :p

• March 10, 2015 / 11:29 am

Thank you Jhanzey – it’s called “wear a hat and take the attention away from everything underneath it” :))

• March 11, 2015 / 11:47 pm

Haha! But it’s not just the hat. You were able to pull everything together. If I’m on my lazy day, I might actually look like a girl walking in her PJs

8. March 9, 2015 / 4:03 am

hats are made for messy hair too! haha!

you look so chic! 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 11:30 am

My thoughts too!! :*

9. March 9, 2015 / 10:02 am

Those shorts and the hat are rad though! BUT LIKE, HOW ON EARTH DID YOU MANGE TO MATCH EVEN THE SHOES??
    I love receiving artsy collage letters from my friends. Some have weird magazine clippings/photos and are so much more meaningful than bought cards and such. But these days, AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME 4 DAT 🙁

• March 10, 2015 / 11:31 am

THANKS BABY V!! I knowwww.. aint nobody got time for anything now! I missed those handwritten collage-vibe letters. :’) No more physical stuff to bury in time capsules, unless we bury our phones!

10. March 9, 2015 / 12:44 pm

It’s different, but I’m loving this kind of outfit (and colors) on you. Your style stands out as much in something simple as it does in something colorful. Hope you do more FOTDs with neutral-colored outfits. 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 11:32 am

Thank you so much Marielle!! :* You’re too kind! Will try to do more OOTDs in general 🙂 My closet is 90% neutral-colored, actually! haha

11. March 10, 2015 / 3:40 pm

Cool! I used to love making those fashion collages in polyvore, glad to know there’s a local version.

12. March 13, 2015 / 8:31 pm

Totally feeling this style, I love anything oversized and slouchy! I can see why you hold the shirt so dear, looks crazy comfy. That skirt is pretty awesome. And the layout of your posts are always so nice to enjoy. 🙂

13. March 30, 2015 / 4:10 pm

Um. That hat is my life. I passed on a similar one (in navy) at Zara which I’ve been thinking about ever since. It’s hard to find a good hat that isn’t $150 with a WIDE BRIM and not just a piece of floppy cheap fabric. I love everything about this outfit and would totally wear something similar if I were about 5-8kgs lighter :p