MAC Razzledazzler

mac-lipstick-razzledazzler mac-lipstick-razzledazzler-2 mac-lipstick-razzledazzler-4 mac-lipstick-razzledazzler-5

Razzledazzler

MAC LIPSTICK
Ahhh, MAC lipsticks. I’ve gone down this rabbit hole before — it may actually have been the turning point of my blog becoming what it is now which is essentially a beauty blog. If it weren’t for my irrational thirst to try as many MAC lipsticks as I could then, you would probably be reading mostly reviews of diapers, strollers and baby bottles as well as mommy monologues about dealing with tantrums and diaper rash here on The Misty Mom. Alas, everything changed with that first tube of MAC lipstick.
Recently, I received two items from the MAC Spring/Summer 2015 collection namely the Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone treatment (instant love!! will post about it soon!) and one of their bestselling lipstick shades, Razzledazzler. Razzledazzler is a light cream peach with a Lustre finish, meaning it’s less pigmented and has a shiny yet moisturizing finish. I usually like my lipstick bold and pigmented but we also need these kinds of shades for when we don’t want to look too put-together but need a subtle hint of color, you know what I mean? Being of the Lustre finish, I expected it to be wiped off in an hour, tops. But it stayed on for a good three hours without meals. But eat or drink – you’ll definitely need a touch-up.
mac-lipstick-swatches-nude
SWATCHES. I was instantly reminded of MAC Cut a Caper when I first opened this lipstick but upon swatching, it’s closer to Shy Girl. On the lips though, Shy Girl registers more nude and less peach whereas Razzledazzler is more peach than nude. Shy Girl also tends to wash me out if I don’t have a strong eye or blush game but with Razzledazzler, you can get away even if you’re wearing super light makeup on. I find the shade quite close to NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park as well, except Biscayne Park is more muted and pigmented and has less shine.
mac-lipstick-swatches-razzledazzler-2 mac-lipstick-swatches-razzledazzler
Other Face Products: Collection 2000 concealer, Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Illumination liquid highlighter, Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil, Dior Coral Cruise blush, Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara, K-Palette black eyebrow pencil
THE LOOK. I paired the lipstick with a clean, light base (just concealer and highlighter), filled-in brows, a coral blush, light smudgy eyeliner and mascara. Maybe I could’ve dusted a little bit of powder on but in person, I quite liked the glowy finish. Team Dewy decimal system here! I also have to note, the shine kind of dissipates after half an hour so the lipstick registers more satin then. To be honest, I didn’t think I’d like this once I’ve worn it as I feel like it’d clash against my skintone (MAC NC30-35, for reference) — but it actually looks okay on. I am now more inclined to choosing this over Cut A Caper (which is weird on me) and Shy Girl (reserving it for more nude occasions). To finish, the downside of Razzledazzler being a Lustre finish is its tendency to accentuate dry patches and lip lines so prepped and exfoliated lips are a must.
Have you tried Razzledazzler? What’s your favorite MAC peachy-nude lipstick?

1. March 9, 2015 / 7:57 pm

I recall seeing this in one of their older collections and it was said to be LE. A lot of people wanted it back so I guess MAC answered their requests. I’m not much of a peachy-nude lip kinda girl. You know me, give me a red lip and some eyeliner and I am good to go! As of lately, I have been LAHVING MAC’s Brave, Such an easy color to just slap and go. Even got away with wearing it to school once. 😉 THAT GLOHHHHWWW. #onfleek Seriously, what is this glow inducing sorcery?! I want some of it!!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:39 pm

Yes yes, this was repromoted a few times – the All About Orange collection, for one. I know you dont wear peach lipsticks, babe but I’m curious to see how it’ll look on you ! AND OMG MAC BRAVE – yes. I’m down to my last few uses on mine 🙂 It’s my no-brainer pinky nude lip! Love that you were able to wear it in school!!! And the glow-inducing sorcery is Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Illumination liquid highlighter. I put on too much though so it’s super WHOAAA. Also, I didn’t put on a base so pores are all over the place. I think I should mix it with a pore-minimizing primer next time!

2. March 9, 2015 / 10:08 pm

OOOO Razzledazzler looks SO good on you, Shari! I actually don’t have a lot of peachy lipsticks and nudes don’t tend to look good on me, but seeing this on you makes me want to at least swatch this one!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:40 pm

Thanks Sunny!!! I thought I was convincing myself that it looked good on me because I wanted it to :))) That’s interesting to hear – not much peach lipsticks from you! Have you had a peach tulip thursday already? Will wait for it!

• March 10, 2015 / 4:10 pm

Nope not yet! I’ll have to first find some peach stuff in my stash!

3. March 9, 2015 / 10:36 pm

It looks great on you! I don’t think I have any lipstick in a colour like this, but this “nudish”lipstick looks so gorgeous on you I’ll have to see if I can find one that works with me.

• March 10, 2015 / 1:41 pm

Thanks Sofia!! 🙂

4. Lily
    March 9, 2015 / 11:51 pm

I don’t like MAC lipsticks much, but this one looks great on you Shari. What peachy nude lipsticks do I have? I should rummage through my stash and find some 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 1:42 pm

I only realized MAC lipsticks were hit-or-miss when I’ve gotten my hand on a few already! Tsk tsk! 🙂 I cant wait to see what peachy-nude you have, Lily!

5. March 10, 2015 / 1:27 am

I love peach blossom! It’s my favourite shade. Thanks for sharing this, it looks like something that would suit me and I find it really difficult to find peachy/coral shades x
    Speckled Beauty Blog

• March 10, 2015 / 1:42 pm

Peach Blossom, oh yes! I’ve eyed that one before but it wasn’t available here in the Philippines. 🙂

6. Mary Jane
    March 10, 2015 / 3:42 am

Love these MAC lippy post. I’m addicted to beauty subscription boxes, that I decided to buy myself one MAC lipstick every month.

• March 10, 2015 / 1:43 pm

One MAC lipstick every month sounds like a good guilty pleasure 😉 What do you have in your stash at this moment?

• March 10, 2015 / 1:43 pm

Indeed! 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 1:43 pm

Oooh NARS Biscayne Park -good choice! 🙂

7. Joanna
    March 10, 2015 / 11:10 am

Loving the tanned skin!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:43 pm

Thanks Joanna!! :*

8. March 10, 2015 / 5:09 pm

Love the dewy look! Also it looks so strong in the tube, but so subtle on the lips… likey! I thought it would be close to Crosswires pero layo pala!

• March 11, 2015 / 12:00 am

Crosswires is a brighter peach and verging on orange compared to this! Thanks Erika 🙂

9. _royalsunshine_
    March 10, 2015 / 5:19 pm

What base are you using here sa pics? Ang glowy! Ganda! 😀 Love this shade on you. Saktong peachy shade for your skin.
    P.S. I want to visit your home. Haha. Feeling ko ang ganda ganda ng house decor niyo. 🙂

• March 11, 2015 / 12:04 am

Just concealer on my undereyes + acne blemishes then patted loose powder on them. The highlighter (which I think I put too much of! AND applied without any base underneath which explains THE PORES!) is Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Illumination liquid highlighter.

PS – Come on over baybeh! Hehe. Sa workspace ko lang lahat to shinooshoot which I designed recently and am still finishing up. 😉 But thank youuuu for the compliment Meggerz, hehe!

10. Rachel Marie
    March 10, 2015 / 7:15 pm

What a gorge shade! Looks so stunning on you!

Rachel Coco

• March 11, 2015 / 12:05 am

Thanks Rachel!

11. March 10, 2015 / 9:27 pm

Such a pretty everyday shade! The coral undertones make it extra special. So nice for Spring 🙂

• March 11, 2015 / 12:05 am

Thanks Jen! 🙂 Yes, I think so too!

12. March 10, 2015 / 9:28 pm

I love it! I think the color looks fab on you. And your product shots look amazing.

• March 11, 2015 / 12:05 am

AWWW thank you as always!! :*

13. March 11, 2015 / 12:41 am

Nako yan ka nanaman sa great highlighters mo, hmpft! I’m so sick of my lustres but the season just calls for it.My sixth sense is tingling, I’ve been wearing soft colors for a few weeks now and i hate it :(((

14. March 11, 2015 / 1:45 am

Ano ba…. Mag-b-bobbi brown serum na ba ako?

15. March 11, 2015 / 9:16 am

What a gorgeous post! You make me so excited when you post about a lipstick I already own! I’ll be pulling Razzledazzler out tomorrow! It looks so good on you. Also, Cut A Caper! That’s on my “ones that got away” list, along with Party Parrot. I’ve find CAC on eBay before but it’s marked up so much! I hope they re-release it in a new collection because it’s one I’ve always lusted after! 🙂

16. March 11, 2015 / 9:20 am

Aaah this is so stunning on you! I’ve always feared that Shy Girl would be too nude on me, so this one sounds like the perfect alternative! And ahaha, YES team Dewy Decimal!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

17. marianabantug
    March 11, 2015 / 5:31 pm

I have a soft spot for light coral lipsticks in my heart… but then after two weeks of using one obsessively, it will usually fade from my mind. So I dunno, I’m struggling. Razzledazzler looks to pretty to be forgotten after two weeks!

18. March 13, 2015 / 5:09 pm

I have Razzlesdazzler too and it’s a really pretty shade. I usually wear it more in the summer but I agree that it does emphasize dry lips.

19. Venice
    March 26, 2015 / 10:03 pm

Hi! May I know how much a MAC lipstick costs? 🙂 Thank you!

20. March 30, 2015 / 4:27 pm

I love the look of this one so much but I suspect I have very similar shades already. For one, I have both MAC Shy Girl and NARS Biscayne Park, LOL. So yeah, probably can skip it. Still. I’m a sucker for these nude peachy shades and I love the Lustre finish the most out of any MAC lipstick finish.