MAC Razzledazzler

March 9, 2015

mac-lipstick-razzledazzler

mac-lipstick-razzledazzler-2 mac-lipstick-razzledazzler-4 mac-lipstick-razzledazzler-5

Razzledazzler

MAC LIPSTICK
Ahhh, MAC lipsticks. I’ve gone down this rabbit hole before — it may actually have been the turning point of my blog becoming what it is now which is essentially a beauty blog. If it weren’t for my irrational thirst to try as many MAC lipsticks as I could then, you would probably be reading mostly reviews of diapers, strollers and baby bottles as well as mommy monologues about dealing with tantrums and diaper rash here on The Misty Mom. Alas, everything changed with that first tube of MAC lipstick.
Recently, I received two items from the MAC Spring/Summer 2015 collection namely the Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone treatment (instant love!! will post about it soon!) and one of their bestselling lipstick shades, Razzledazzler. Razzledazzler is a light cream peach with a Lustre finish, meaning it’s less pigmented and has a shiny yet moisturizing finish. I usually like my lipstick bold and pigmented but we also need these kinds of shades for when we don’t want to look too put-together but need a subtle hint of color, you know what I mean? Being of the Lustre finish, I expected it to be wiped off in an hour, tops. But it stayed on for a good three hours without meals. But eat or drink – you’ll definitely need a touch-up.

mac-lipstick-swatches-nude

SWATCHES. I was instantly reminded of MAC Cut a Caper when I first opened this lipstick but upon swatching, it’s closer to Shy Girl. On the lips though, Shy Girl registers more nude and less peach whereas Razzledazzler is more peach than nude. Shy Girl also tends to wash me out if I don’t have a strong eye or blush game but with Razzledazzler, you can get away even if you’re wearing super light makeup on. I find the shade quite close to NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park as well, except Biscayne Park is more muted and pigmented and has less shine.

mac-lipstick-swatches-razzledazzler-2 mac-lipstick-swatches-razzledazzler

Other Face Products:
Collection 2000 concealer,
Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Illumination liquid highlighter,
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil, Dior Coral Cruise blush, Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara, K-Palette black eyebrow pencil
THE LOOK. I paired the lipstick with a clean, light base (just concealer and highlighter), filled-in brows, a coral blush, light smudgy eyeliner and mascara. Maybe I could’ve dusted a little bit of powder on but in person, I quite liked the glowy finish. Team Dewy decimal system here! I also have to note, the shine kind of dissipates after half an hour so the lipstick registers more satin then. To be honest, I didn’t think I’d like this once I’ve worn it as I feel like it’d clash against my skintone (MAC NC30-35, for reference) — but it actually looks okay on. I am now more inclined to choosing this over Cut A Caper (which is weird on me) and Shy Girl (reserving it for more nude occasions). To finish, the downside of Razzledazzler being a Lustre finish is its tendency to accentuate dry patches and lip lines so prepped and exfoliated lips are a must.
Have you tried Razzledazzler? What’s your favorite MAC peachy-nude lipstick?

How about some more reading?

40 comments

Raven Ang March 9, 2015 at 7:57 pm

I recall seeing this in one of their older collections and it was said to be LE. A lot of people wanted it back so I guess MAC answered their requests. I’m not much of a peachy-nude lip kinda girl. You know me, give me a red lip and some eyeliner and I am good to go! As of lately, I have been LAHVING MAC’s Brave, Such an easy color to just slap and go. Even got away with wearing it to school once. 😉 THAT GLOHHHHWWW. #onfleek Seriously, what is this glow inducing sorcery?! I want some of it!!

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Yes yes, this was repromoted a few times – the All About Orange collection, for one. I know you dont wear peach lipsticks, babe but I’m curious to see how it’ll look on you ! AND OMG MAC BRAVE – yes. I’m down to my last few uses on mine 🙂 It’s my no-brainer pinky nude lip! Love that you were able to wear it in school!!! And the glow-inducing sorcery is Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Illumination liquid highlighter. I put on too much though so it’s super WHOAAA. Also, I didn’t put on a base so pores are all over the place. I think I should mix it with a pore-minimizing primer next time!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny March 9, 2015 at 10:08 pm

OOOO Razzledazzler looks SO good on you, Shari! I actually don’t have a lot of peachy lipsticks and nudes don’t tend to look good on me, but seeing this on you makes me want to at least swatch this one!

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Thanks Sunny!!! I thought I was convincing myself that it looked good on me because I wanted it to :))) That’s interesting to hear – not much peach lipsticks from you! Have you had a peach tulip thursday already? Will wait for it!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny March 10, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Nope not yet! I’ll have to first find some peach stuff in my stash!

Sofia March 9, 2015 at 10:36 pm

It looks great on you! I don’t think I have any lipstick in a colour like this, but this “nudish”lipstick looks so gorgeous on you I’ll have to see if I can find one that works with me.

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Thanks Sofia!! 🙂

Lily March 9, 2015 at 11:51 pm

I don’t like MAC lipsticks much, but this one looks great on you Shari. What peachy nude lipsticks do I have? I should rummage through my stash and find some 🙂

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:42 pm

I only realized MAC lipsticks were hit-or-miss when I’ve gotten my hand on a few already! Tsk tsk! 🙂 I cant wait to see what peachy-nude you have, Lily!

Emma March 10, 2015 at 1:27 am

I love peach blossom! It’s my favourite shade. Thanks for sharing this, it looks like something that would suit me and I find it really difficult to find peachy/coral shades x
Speckled Beauty Blog

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Peach Blossom, oh yes! I’ve eyed that one before but it wasn’t available here in the Philippines. 🙂

Mary Jane March 10, 2015 at 3:42 am

Love these MAC lippy post. I’m addicted to beauty subscription boxes, that I decided to buy myself one MAC lipstick every month.

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:43 pm

One MAC lipstick every month sounds like a good guilty pleasure 😉 What do you have in your stash at this moment?

Talisa Lauren Tossell March 10, 2015 at 6:15 am Reply
Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:43 pm

😉

nueyork March 10, 2015 at 10:11 am

This is a beautiful shade!

nueyork.blogspot.com

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Indeed! 🙂

beauty bloss March 10, 2015 at 10:29 am

I like the colour, but I really love the Nars Biscayne park. I will be popping that on the wishlist for sure.

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Oooh NARS Biscayne Park -good choice! 🙂

Joanna March 10, 2015 at 11:10 am

Loving the tanned skin!

Shari March 10, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Thanks Joanna!! :*

Erika Rhane March 10, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Love the dewy look! Also it looks so strong in the tube, but so subtle on the lips… likey! I thought it would be close to Crosswires pero layo pala!

Shari March 11, 2015 at 12:00 am

Crosswires is a brighter peach and verging on orange compared to this! Thanks Erika 🙂

_royalsunshine_ March 10, 2015 at 5:19 pm

What base are you using here sa pics? Ang glowy! Ganda! 😀 Love this shade on you. Saktong peachy shade for your skin.
P.S. I want to visit your home. Haha. Feeling ko ang ganda ganda ng house decor niyo. 🙂

Shari March 11, 2015 at 12:04 am

Just concealer on my undereyes + acne blemishes then patted loose powder on them. The highlighter (which I think I put too much of! AND applied without any base underneath which explains THE PORES!) is Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Illumination liquid highlighter.

PS – Come on over baybeh! Hehe. Sa workspace ko lang lahat to shinooshoot which I designed recently and am still finishing up. 😉 But thank youuuu for the compliment Meggerz, hehe!

Rachel Marie March 10, 2015 at 7:15 pm

What a gorge shade! Looks so stunning on you!

Rachel Coco

Shari March 11, 2015 at 12:05 am

Thanks Rachel!

Jennifer Monforton March 10, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Such a pretty everyday shade! The coral undertones make it extra special. So nice for Spring 🙂

Shari March 11, 2015 at 12:05 am

Thanks Jen! 🙂 Yes, I think so too!

Kiss & Make-up March 10, 2015 at 9:28 pm

I love it! I think the color looks fab on you. And your product shots look amazing.

Shari March 11, 2015 at 12:05 am

AWWW thank you as always!! :*

Beauty by Tellie March 11, 2015 at 12:41 am

Nako yan ka nanaman sa great highlighters mo, hmpft! I’m so sick of my lustres but the season just calls for it.My sixth sense is tingling, I’ve been wearing soft colors for a few weeks now and i hate it :(((

Rae March 11, 2015 at 1:45 am

Ano ba…. Mag-b-bobbi brown serum na ba ako?

Kristen / Glambunctious March 11, 2015 at 9:16 am

What a gorgeous post! You make me so excited when you post about a lipstick I already own! I’ll be pulling Razzledazzler out tomorrow! It looks so good on you. Also, Cut A Caper! That’s on my “ones that got away” list, along with Party Parrot. I’ve find CAC on eBay before but it’s marked up so much! I hope they re-release it in a new collection because it’s one I’ve always lusted after! 🙂

Tasha March 11, 2015 at 9:20 am

Aaah this is so stunning on you! I’ve always feared that Shy Girl would be too nude on me, so this one sounds like the perfect alternative! And ahaha, YES team Dewy Decimal!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

marianabantug March 11, 2015 at 5:31 pm

I have a soft spot for light coral lipsticks in my heart… but then after two weeks of using one obsessively, it will usually fade from my mind. So I dunno, I’m struggling. Razzledazzler looks to pretty to be forgotten after two weeks!

Agata March 13, 2015 at 5:09 pm

I have Razzlesdazzler too and it’s a really pretty shade. I usually wear it more in the summer but I agree that it does emphasize dry lips.

Venice March 26, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Hi! May I know how much a MAC lipstick costs? 🙂 Thank you!

Shanna March 28, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Gorgeous as always! The thirst for trying as many MAC lipsticks is real.. makeup junkie problems eh… lol

sleepandwater March 30, 2015 at 4:27 pm

I love the look of this one so much but I suspect I have very similar shades already. For one, I have both MAC Shy Girl and NARS Biscayne Park, LOL. So yeah, probably can skip it. Still. I’m a sucker for these nude peachy shades and I love the Lustre finish the most out of any MAC lipstick finish.