MAC Julia Petit

mac-julia-petit-petisco mac-julia-petit-collection-2nrm_1412687676-julia-petit-x-mac-brazilian-beauty-blogger
Julia Petit
MAC Julia Petit Collection
First things, who is Julia Petit? With her long, fiery red hair and super pale (inked!) skin, it didn’t occur to me at first that she was Brazilian. I blame Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and Gisele Bundchen’s all-year-long golden tans for that kind of mindset. And guess what else? She is a blogger. One of Brazil’s biggest lifestyle bloggers — who does makeup tutorials on the side enough to garner her the status of ‘beauty icon‘ in São Paulo. Wait, A blogger with a MAC Collection? I haven’t followed MAC collections religiously so I’m not sure if there have been other bloggers they’ve collaborated with – but wow! This is a great feat for bloggers worldwide because it means they recognize the influence bloggers yield in this social media-driven world.
What I like about this collection is that one of Julia’s priorities was making sure it would withstand the most humid of climates. One last bit of information — and probably my takeaway from this collection, LOL — can you frikkin’ believe she is 42? If 42 looks like that, can I be 42 now? Her skincare regimen? Coconut oil all over her face and body despite everyone telling her, “but you don’t want more oil on your skin if you’re oily!” (WHAT’S THAT SOUND? Me slathering on CBeauty Virgin Coconut Oil all over my face right now).
mac-julia-petit-moving-sand-1
Moving Sand is an eyeshadow duo of a ‘soft nude caramel-y brown’ with yellow undertones and of a Matte finish (MUMU) and a black pearl with a Lustre finish (NOITE). Mumu is excellent – incredibly smooth and creamy that you wouldn’t think it’s a powder. For a matte shadow, it’s very pigmented! I would get this as a single eyeshadow if MAC sold it in its regular line because it’s a very versatile shade – perfect as a crease shade as well as a transition shade (to blend two shadows together). Noite on the other hand is disappointing. Not because it’s a lustre, which means it’s a given fact that the pay-off is rather on the sheer side. But because it’s dry, streaky and incredibly challenging to blend.
mac-julia-petit-acai-lipstick-1
Acai Lipstick in Matte was probably love at first sight. It instantly reminded me of Rebel, which I’ve always hesitated on getting because I was at a pinky nude stage forever then – but now that I’ve been more open to reds and plums – come to Momma, baybeh! It’s officially described as ‘vivid deep violet’ in the MAC website but I agree with Temptalia’s shade description more – ‘brightened medium-dark fuchsia-berry’. The matte isn’t the suck-out-all-the-moisture kind of matte, but it isn’t a creamy matte either as it’s completely dry. Definitely one of the better matte formulas I’ve tried.
mac-julia-petit-lipstickmac-acai-lipstick-swatches
What do you think of this collection? Are you eyeing anything? The MAC x Julia Petit collection will be available in the MAC Glorietta, Mall of Asia, Eastwood and Megamall branches on March 20, 2015

1. March 19, 2015 / 11:58 am

WOAH! She looks like she’s just on her early 30s or late 20s!!!! I have the Rebel but this looks a lot better, just hesitant cause it’s a bit shimmery? The texture reminds me a lot of the shade odyssey or maybe that’s just me lang! Anyway, the lipstick looks really good on you! As always!! 😛 Hihi :3

• March 23, 2015 / 5:09 pm

Grabe noh?! I couldn’t believe she’s 42. Pero grabe daw siya mag-coconut oil so hay nako, carry na oily basta ganyan ako pag 42! Maliligo ako sa coconut oil araw araw LOL!! You have Rebel na, you dont need this! This isn’t shimmery, though, Sher! Super matte siya. Mas may shine pa ang Rebel 🙂 And thank you gurrrl! Hay nako, you should post more FOTDs! I love seeing your makeup ‘journey’~~~ 😉

2. Rein
    March 19, 2015 / 1:21 pm

Para din ba tong Nars Viven?

• March 23, 2015 / 5:10 pm

Sort of but this is more PURPLE/FUSCHIA. Vivien is more REDDISH PLUM. I’ll post comparison swatches! 🙂 Thanks for asking!

3. Rein
    March 19, 2015 / 1:22 pm

*Vivien

4. March 19, 2015 / 1:32 pm

I’m actually eyeing more on that eyelash pan thingy on your photos! Too cute :3 and since I already have Rebel I don’t think I’ll be picking up Acai… but it is indeed a very pretty color! YAY for you to being more adventurous in lip color now! <3

• March 23, 2015 / 5:11 pm

The eyelash pan is from H&M Home! Mura lang, I think 299 bucks lang. And yes, if you have Rebel, no point in picking this up! I think sold out na rin naman siya! Grabe mga MAC-holics! And yay for that too!!! I’m so glad I’m more into ‘rebellious’ lip colors now a.k.a not nude/pink/pinky nude HAHA

5. March 19, 2015 / 2:16 pm

Acai, I need you! That’s exactly what Rebel looks like when I blot it down. My poor Rebel is much abused and is almost gone. There’s only about 20% left. Either I need a backup, or I need Acai. It’s funny how you’ve transitioned into more deep, dark shades while I’ve had a newfound love for nude-y pinks. I know it’s just a phase though. I could never give up my Russian Red and Rebel!

• March 23, 2015 / 5:13 pm

First time to learn that your Rebel is almost used up!! Alam ko lang Russian Red is your forever LOVE hihi. Snapchat me your photo wearing Rebel!!! Love seeing your FOTDS, Miss Makeup Raven! And yes, so funny we’re completely opposite now!! I’m the one discovering darker shades and you’re in the nudey pink stage :))))) Hahaha!

• March 23, 2015 / 5:26 pm

I agree 100% re: MAC collaborating with bloggers! 🙂

6. March 19, 2015 / 6:25 pm

I’m totally swooned by the lipstick – hello gorgeous! And it looks so so good on you, Shari. Haha, you silly, wanting to be 42 as well. I do agree that Julia is really rocking her age!

X Alice

• March 23, 2015 / 5:28 pm

Thank yooooo Alice! :* Haha I CAN wait ’til I’m 42 actually – I just wish I look even half as good as her when I get there!

7. March 19, 2015 / 7:23 pm

Oh God that LIPSTICK! Definitely intrigued by that lipstick! I kinda wonder if I “need” it since I have Fashion Revival tho. I should take FR along when I go to the MAC store just to compare!

• March 23, 2015 / 5:31 pm

MAC Fashion Revival is similar just more of a deeper plum, Sunny! You probably don’t need both 😉 But it depends on how both register on your lips – maybe Acai appears much brighter and not as vampy 😉

8. Bellyhead
    March 19, 2015 / 9:37 pm

Oh holy crap that LIPSTICK! Love at first sight is right. It looks incredible on you.

• March 23, 2015 / 5:31 pm

Thank you Belly!!! :*

9. Lily
    March 19, 2015 / 10:02 pm

I love this look on you Shari. So sexy! I’m drooling over the lipstick, and I don’t even like MAC lipsticks 🙂

• March 23, 2015 / 5:33 pm

Thank, Lily!! I think it’s similar to Crushed Plum on me! I tried Crushed Plum again yday (during my disappointing counter visit!) and I find this and Crushed Plum QUITE similar. Main difference is Bobbi Brown Creamy Mattes make my lips look 100x better than they really are. SO SMOOTH and LINE-FREE! I’ve never wanted to own the whole range as much as I do the BB Creamy mattes!

10. March 19, 2015 / 10:36 pm

Ooh, love that lip colour on you, Shari! You’re totally rocking the bold berry 🙂

• March 23, 2015 / 5:33 pm

Thank you Jen my love!

11. March 20, 2015 / 12:17 am

Ganda mo!!! Haay, MAC lipsticks… 😛 Rebel is on my wishlist too. Someday… 😀

• March 23, 2015 / 5:34 pm

“I’ve enough MAC lipsticks!” -said no beauty blogger (or woman!) ever :)))) Thanks, Juvy :**

• March 23, 2015 / 5:34 pm

Yes indeed!

12. March 20, 2015 / 8:17 pm

I heard Acai is sold out na everywhere. Not sure though…. But I get why, OMG IT’S SO PRETTY!!! Idadagdag ko ba to sa Lipstick Hoard-nation ko? :))

• March 23, 2015 / 5:36 pm

I wanted to get BOCA but wala na rin yun everywhere 🙁 I just went to the Bobbi counter and swatched some more Creamy Mattes :)) GURL, sulitin mo mo muna mga new lipsticks mo! Pero if you do get a hold of this pa, I wont judge you if you get it ;**** Haha! Limited edition eh!

13. March 20, 2015 / 9:50 pm

You look amazing, that lipstick is made for you! I only got one thing from the collection, which is the Boca lipstick and I should get it on Monday, I can’t wait!

• March 23, 2015 / 5:38 pm

Thanks so much, Agata!!!! :* Cant wait to see Boca on you! That one’s pretty too!

14. March 21, 2015 / 1:00 am

Wow eye shadow and that lipstick combination is really lovely on you. I was considering to skip the collection but after seeing this, I might have to look into it. Thanks for the review.

• March 23, 2015 / 5:39 pm

The eyeshadow duos are skippable! Esp with your extensive collection, Sara! But the lipsticks are quite hits for me! 🙂

15. March 21, 2015 / 9:02 pm

I had no idea who Julia Petit was…so thank you for that little speed bio haha! Impressive though and wow yeah, she looks AMAZING for her age! Acai is such a stunning shade! I really like the simplicity of her logo as well 🙂

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• March 23, 2015 / 5:42 pm

I love her collection! Simple with a hint of boldness, which she’s known for in Brazil. I agree, love her logo too!

16. Elka
    March 22, 2015 / 8:53 pm

Your brows doeee, ♥

• March 23, 2015 / 5:43 pm

TALAGA Elks!? Super madalian nga lang and hindi pantay HAHA but thank you for thinking they’re ♥♥♥!

17. March 23, 2015 / 5:58 am

Gorgeous!! Acai is perfection on you. I just love you in berries! She’s 42?!?!?!?!?!??! *Runs to the pantry for coconut oil* I really wanted the Boca lipstick from this collection but missed out on the MAC launch. Hoping to get it from Macy’s. Acai really appealed to me as well, but it’s so similar to Rebel, which I acquired over the holidays in the sparkly n’ fun Heirloom Mix packaging.

• March 23, 2015 / 5:48 pm

I’ll have a coconut oil pool made… let’s have a coconut oil partay, Kristen!!! With coconut cocktail drinks + coconut oil massages! I really wanted Boca too but it was sold out in minutes, good Lord! Love that you got Rebel in the sparkly Heirloom Mix packaging!

• April 11, 2015 / 12:23 pm

*Gets passport in order* Call me when the coconut oil pool is installed and I’ll book my flight STAT! Sounds heavenly! And since it’s good for our health, surely insurance would pay for the trip, right?! And the pool installation!? 😉

18. March 26, 2015 / 5:29 am

I love Acai on you Shari! It’s a really pretty shade but I always fear the word matte when it comes to MAC lipsticks.

• March 30, 2015 / 2:41 pm

Thank you Nikki! I know what you meaaan – and I mean I KNOW WHATCHA MEAN! LOL I’ve been wary of them too but there are a few mattes that my lips can take, like Mehr. Acai is one of them too. Wag lang talaga Ruby Woo! Off limits talaga sa dry lips ko. Sigh.

19. March 27, 2015 / 11:24 am

Just… Wow. Julia Petit looks mid-twenties at most. And the hair! Her pic in this post reminds me of Angelina Jolie, actually. I see that sultry side, and it’s present in the colors of her collection and the packaging.

• March 30, 2015 / 2:44 pm

YES! She reminds me of Angelina Jolie too! Brazilian version! 🙂 Grabe ganda ng hair niya noh!? Makes me want to grow out my hair again. Pero I know it would take me two hours to make it look like that 🙁 So di rin! Haha

20. March 29, 2015 / 3:15 am

Stunning look! I love the color.. the quality is top notch!

• March 30, 2015 / 2:44 pm

The color is really beautiful 😉 A MAC classic!

21. March 30, 2015 / 9:56 am

42?!?!?! IS that true about that coconut oil? Because I’ll buy it by the vat right naaaooow!

• March 30, 2015 / 2:46 pm

I remember you bought an oil from me during our offline blog sale! I think you were gonna gift it to your mom 🙂 Did she like it? I use that one and grabe, ganda niya for the hair and skin! 🙂 After reading Julia’s obsession with it, I’m sticking with it na rin! :))) Tiis lang for the first few minutes when it’s oily pa. Haha

• March 31, 2015 / 10:14 am

I gifted it to a friend who became a new mommy at almost the same time as me ^.^ I should get on it na rin. Is it hard to wash off afterwards?

22. Jenn
    March 30, 2015 / 2:19 pm

WHAT?? 42?! I look older than her pa! huhuhu!! And also I wanna cry because Acai is sold out EVERYWHERE </3 I got Petite Red nalang, it's soooooo gorgeous!

• March 30, 2015 / 2:48 pm

Aw shucks Jenn! Sayang! 🙁 I didn’t think this Julia Petit collection would be as mabenta as the other collections, to be honest. But then again, it’s MAC limited edition so I think Hunger Games talaga during their launches :)) Hope you get to find an online retailer who sells it! Try @death_by_lipstick sa Instagram. I got a MACxNasty Gal lipstick from her na sold out na sa counters.

• Jenn
        March 30, 2015 / 2:53 pm

Oo nga eh!! The only shade that’s left is Petite Red. I bought 2 na para hindi ako magsisi when I run out! hahaha! I really wanted to go to the launch, but I was stuck at work. Ugh. I hate when work gets in the way!! hahaha!

23. March 31, 2015 / 1:13 pm

My jaw literally dropped when you told me she is 42. That is frickin mind blowing!

The makeup looks gorgeous on you! I love that creamy brown shade, but yeah, the glittery one seems questionable.

• April 11, 2015 / 9:48 am

RIGHT!? I couldn’t believe it either. Time to slather on the coconut oil! 🙂
      And thanks, Mizz J!

24. Angel Castillo
    April 2, 2015 / 1:09 pm

Hi! 🙂 I was wondering, what’s a better dupe for Acai – Rebel or Fashion Revival? 😀

• April 11, 2015 / 9:48 am