One Brand Face: Bobbi Brown

bobbi-brown-makeup-products bobbi-brown-top-productssbobbi-brown-top-products-2 bobbi-brown-top-products-3

Bobbi Brown

One Brand Face
My Top Bobbi Brown products: Creamy Matte Lipsticks, Skin Foundation liquid, Shimmer Bricks
I initially thought my next One Brand Face feature would be MAC but while gathering up products, I realized there were more Bobbi items on my dresser (meaning in plain sight and not hidden in drawers). I remember the very first product I tried from the brand was their Concealer + Corrector kit, which I loved, finished up but didn’t repurchase. I went back for just the Corrector after because I felt that I could get away with just that + a dusting of any kind of loose powder I already had. My second initiation to the brand was through their Skin Foundation* (review) liquid base which I am close to finishing up. From then on, it was a rabbit hole I dug myself deeper and deeper into. Oh, Bobbi. I wish I could meet you and talk to you about how I think the Shimmer Bricks are made up of fairy breath. And possibly ask for a Creamy Matte lipstick shade named after me.
bobbi-brown-top-products-picks
I don’t know if you’ll agree with me but Bobbi Brown is almost synonymous to natural beauty. Her bases are all skin perfectors that don’t look like face masks when worn, yet still provide coverage as needed. That’s why for this One Brand Face look, I decided to veer away from the ‘natural’ and showcase another side of Bobbi — not so much an effortless, no-makeup makeup look nor a fully made up face, something of an in-between.
The Look. Used one layer of Skin Foundation all over, applied Corrector on my undereyes and dusted the Weightless Powder Foundation on top as well as on my t-zone. Used the Sparkle Gel Liner in Topaz as a base for my eyeshadow, used the Champagne and Dark Brown shades from the Cheek and Eye Kit, lined my upper lashline with the Gel Liner in Black Ink and the lower lashline with the Dark Brown eyeshadow. Groomed my brows with the Eyebrow Kit (no brow mascara on top). On the cheeks, I used the Pot Rouge in Fresh Melon dusted with the three lower layers of the Shimmer Brick in Rose. Swiped on the Heather Pink Rich Lip Color to finish off.
bobbi-brown-fotd-asian bobbi-brown-face-asian-fotd
Final Thoughts
Realizations — I want to explore the brand’s eyeshadows more. The ones I used are from the Cheek & Eye kit which is a perfect travel companion as it’s so small that I feel like it can even fit in my wallet (still need to try. may be exaggerating here!). The shadows are soooo good and they’re from a mini palette – which let’s be honest – are usually of inferior quality compared to their single counterparts so I can only imagine the singles’ quality. On another note, I wore this face out and I realized that I should always set my T-zone with a powder on top when wearing the Skin Foundation as it slides off on me easily now that it’s 50 degrees of hell here.
That’s it! What do you think of this look? Have you got any Bobbi Brown favorites? Share please!

1. March 14, 2015 / 12:37 pm

I have secretly been waiting for this! I’m such a fan girl when it comes to Bobbi Brown, just because I love her philosophy of enhancing natural beauty. Your look was able to embody that very belief. Particularly loving the way you did your cheeks, Shari. Natural glow forever. <3 I want to get a base shadow from them someday. They have a wide selection to fit pretty much any skintone.

2. March 14, 2015 / 12:38 pm

Yay! More one brand looks. I feel that these kind of looks can really bring out your creativity and resourcefulness. Aside from your amazing glow, your eyebrows have just been ON FLEEK. Seriously, they look so amazing. Cara Delevingne would be jealous.

3. March 14, 2015 / 2:08 pm

I love love Bobbi Brown eyeshadows especially the matte ones.. they are gorgeous and very pigmented! 🙂 You look great Shari I love that lip color on you! 🙂

TheConscienceFund

4. March 14, 2015 / 7:26 pm

Oh what a pretty pretty look, Shari! I like MATTE Bobbi Brown eyeshadows. The shimmery ones are good, but the sparkling ones are usually subpar in my experience. I do like how their foundation shades are yellow enough for me and there is a big range to choose from tho. You don’t see that every day!

5. Shania
    March 14, 2015 / 7:51 pm

I really love your glow! What sunscreen are your fave atm?

6. March 14, 2015 / 9:57 pm

How super pretty! Love that lipstick shade on you- and I agree that the Shimmer Bricks are quite magical 🙂

7. March 15, 2015 / 8:46 am

I love the look! I also really like Bobbi Brown products. I can say the eyeshadows are fantastic, though I especially like the cream ones. And the pot rouges too!

8. March 15, 2015 / 2:31 pm

I haven’t explored too much of Bobbi Brown but I love the corrector. I think I’d get along well though. 🙂

9. March 15, 2015 / 9:05 pm

Yay, another one brand face! Love the look, and I’m dying to explore Bobbi Brown (such a shame that they don’t have any counter here!) 🙂 xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

10. Lily
    March 15, 2015 / 9:17 pm

Lovely look, Shari. If you want to try her eye shadows, I’d recommend her mattes. I like the metallics as well. Her shimmers and glitters are very sheer, and I think it’s meant to be that way. If you’re looking for PIGMENTED blings, then hers will disappoint. However, if you want something that will add shine, like a top coat, then her shimmers are gorgeous 🙂
    Oh and creamy matte lip colors, I’m obssessed!! I’d want one named after me too.

11. March 15, 2015 / 11:39 pm

haha ‘possibly name a lipstick after me” what would that color look like? actually i think it would be fun to go to the Bite Lab in NYC and custom make my own lipstick shade. its sort of stupid expensive (well…$40? which is…right on the edge i guess) but it would be so fun!.

not related but how do you edit your photos dude? i want to try the text in the photo thing and have been able to do it via the default Apple Preview but its very..generic and style-less.

12. Coco
    March 16, 2015 / 11:21 am

Their gel liner is excellent x

13. March 17, 2015 / 12:20 am

HELLO? Kate Upton, who? The Corrector is soooo perfect on your undereyes. And I love the lippie paired with the eyes. Love everything. Love this face!

14. March 25, 2015 / 9:02 am

OH BOBBI BROWN, HOW I LOVE THY PRODUCTS! (Lamenting over the fact that her products aren’t cruelty free, but ugh, whateves)
    AGREED WITH JENN–WHAT LIPSTICK SHADE WOULD ‘SHARI’ BE LIKE? I’ve got a few of the Pot Rouges, and her eyeshadow palettes always suck me in with their gorgeous, ~ever so sleek~ packaging. I’ve swatched a few of eyeshadow singles, and while they’re not creamy/buttery at all, they’re really pigmented.

15. March 29, 2015 / 3:42 pm

GIRLLLL you make me want to try all the Bobbi Brown!! Hahaha I’ve NEVER tried anything from them, so sad.