Let’s Go Drugstore Shopping

sm-shopping-madness-watsons-14 sm-shopping-madness-watsons-15 sm-shopping-madness-promo
Down the Drugstore Aisle
If there’s one place my husband avoids like a plague when we’re shopping together, it’s the beauty section for sure. Clothes, shoes, kids section aren’t dangerous territories for him but the makeup section? It’s like we’re treading into enemy lines every single time. Which is why all my Counter Knowledge trips have been deemed my “me time” where no husband looks over my shoulder to note, “that pink looks exactly like the red lipstick you picked up 5 minutes ago“. At times his straightforwardness proves to be healthy for our wallet, but when you just want to look around and see what’s new without any thoughts of purchasing, that’s when my ‘fight or flight’ reflexes kick in because I just want to do some swatching, goddamit.
This time, I popped in at a Watson’s store because I was tapped  by the brand to look around and pick what I fancied in order to spread the word about their Watsons Shopping Madness promotion. Ladies, it’s about time our ‘shopping’ habits lead us to something fruitful. One lucky shopper can win PHP2,000,000 – 2 frikkin’ million shopping points – to spend in any SM store however they want. Just buy anything with the ‘qualifier’ sticker and pay with your SM Advantage or Prestige card. Easy as pie. Time to apply for one, yeah? Anyway, let me take you down the Watson’s aisles and show you what got me swatching.
sm-shopping-madness-watsons-19 [one_half]sm-shopping-madness-watsons[/one_half] [one_half]sm-shopping-madness-watsons-2 [/one_half]
Maybelline has always been a reliable drugstore brand – from their mascaras to their powders and even their lipsticks – they have a few gems should you know which one to pick. Right now, I’m very curious about their newest brow product, the Fashion Brow, which I will be reviewing soon!
sm-shopping-madness-watsons-6 [one_half]sm-shopping-madness-watsons-3[/one_half][one_half] sm-shopping-madness-watsons-4[/one_half]   revlon-sm-shopping
Revlon has been a hit-or-miss brand for me. Their Matte Balms were too drying for my lips but I do like the Satin version. They also have good face base products that carry darker shades unlike most drugstore brands. I’ve never tried their Ultimate Suede Lipsticks but upon swatching, my curiosity was piqued. Albeit sheerer than I expected, I want to know if the formula’s drying or not. Anyone tried these?
[one_half]sm-shopping-madness-watsons-8 [/one_half][one_half]sm-shopping-madness-watsons-9 [/one_half]
Ahhh, Dolly Wink! I’ve tried their Line Beat eyeliner (on the right) and found it okay – not too intense of a black and fades easily than most liners. Their eyelash curler worked so well for my sparse lashes until I lost the pads because they kept on falling out. Not repurchasing because of that.
[one_half]sm-shopping-madness-watsons-13[/one_half][one_half]sm-shopping-madness-watsons-10[/one_half] [one_half]sm-shopping-madness-watsons-11[/one_half][one_half] sm-shopping-madness-watsons-12 [/one_half]
Lastly, Essence. The brand is quite new to my radar having discovered it late last year but I’m a fan of their single eyeshadows (a few of them, not all) and their eye pencils. Eyeing to try out more from this brand soon!
sm-shopping-madness-watsons-21 sm-shopping-madness-watsons-7
Bifesta, Evian, hair tools, Leave me here and come back for me the next day, husband. HAH! I only wish all Watson’s branches had all the brands ‘cos in this branch I went to (North Edsa), they didn’t have Heroine Make, Kate, Pixy Beauty, etc.
sm-shopping-madness-watsons-16sm-madness-jpegsm-shopping-madness-promotion
Join the Madness!
That’s me thinking to myself, “But Kuya, you’re supposed to look at me and smile too!” I laugh every time I look at that photo above – so staged. Poor Watson’s employee, harrassed to join in the photo just so I can document my ‘shopping experience’.
Anyway, don’t forget – if you’re interested to win those PHP2M shopping points, just buy any product with the qualifying sticker in any Watson’s or SM Beauty section and pay with your SM Advantage or Prestige Card – GOOD LUCK, LADIES! Shall we start writing our imaginary wishlists for the PHP2M points? What would be in yours? Non-beauty and beauty alike!

*This post was brought to you by SM.

1. February 25, 2015 / 7:20 pm

OMG 2M!?!!!!???!?! I keep buying these wipes from Watson’s and seeing a red sticker that says ‘2,000,000 Qualifier’. My classmates and I wonder what it’s for. Now I know! Gosh if I had a 2 million peso shopping spree in Watson’s I will bathe in drugstore makeup.

• March 10, 2015 / 1:44 pm

It’s PHP2M not just for Watsons but for the whole SM department store, gurl!!! 🙂

2. _royalsunshine_
    February 25, 2015 / 7:58 pm

Wala akong SM Advantage Card?!?!? Maybe it’s time to get one? LOL.

• March 10, 2015 / 1:45 pm

GURL YOU SHOULD. Sayang to! Haha. It’s PHP2M for the whole SM!! #umasatayo HAHA

3. February 25, 2015 / 8:12 pm

Maybelline is my favorite too, and yes I agree that Revlon is a hit-or-miss brand. I tried their ultimate suede lipstick in “IT Girl” and it’s really disappointing. 🙁

• March 10, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Krisella! I will definitely skip the Suede lipsticks then. I swatched them and they’re not as pigmented nor matte as I expected.

4. February 25, 2015 / 8:40 pm

Holy guacamole 2M! Imagine all the baby and beauty stuff I can buy with that money!!! *_*

• March 10, 2015 / 1:46 pm

YES GURL! PHP2M worth of SM dept store! Complete na si Star hanggang toddler years!

5. Lui
    February 25, 2015 / 8:46 pm

Omg, why didn’t I know about this earlier? I was just at Watson’s the other day shopping. Huhuhu…

6. February 26, 2015 / 1:43 am

I always wander around the beauty section whenever I have a chance, and most of the time, I end up buying anything unplanned. Kaloka! It is like a therapy for me, even if sometimes I don’t really buy anything. Hehe. I wish I could win on the promo but the chance is so slim. Haha. 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 1:47 pm

I know, gurl. Asa tayo 🙂 But I always join these promos, even their rebate ones, malay mo lang diba :)) And sayang if you’ve bought anyways and have a receipt that qualifies! I know what you mean about drugstore window swatching and its therapeutic abilities! Alam na alam ko yan! HAHAHA

7. February 26, 2015 / 4:15 am

I’ve never been to the Philippines (even though I am Filipino :O), so it’s always interesting to see how drugstores look like in other countries!

xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

• March 10, 2015 / 1:47 pm

As I commented on your blog, I didnt know you were Filipino gurlfriend! Now that you’ve mentioned it, yes I see it! Such a gorgeous Filipina at that! 🙂

8. February 26, 2015 / 7:06 am

Oh my! I haven’t seen a Filipino drug store in ages. The lighting is just as I remember!

9. February 26, 2015 / 8:29 am

Last time I was at Watson’s I bought SO MANY Maybelline mascaras and Revlon lipsticks, lol! Should’ve waited for this promotion to come along..

• March 10, 2015 / 1:50 pm

Haha, love that you hoard Maybelline mascaras sofia! Which ones are your favorites?

10. February 27, 2015 / 8:55 am

I love seeing photos of the drugstore in other counties! I can’t believe the range at the Maybelline counter, if only we had that many products!

nueyork.blogspot.com

• March 10, 2015 / 1:50 pm

We actually dont get a lot of Maybelline products available in the west! 🙁

11. Stephanie Madrid
    February 28, 2015 / 8:34 am

HI! Did you try the new maybeline eyeliner pen?? That sounds so awesome it pique my curiosity 😉

• March 10, 2015 / 1:50 pm

The Hypersharp liner?! YES! It’s super nice!! Will review it soon!

12. February 28, 2015 / 11:06 pm

so jealous of all the asian items that you have access to LOL> wish i could just hop over to asia sometimes to go drugstore shopping.

• March 10, 2015 / 1:51 pm

Come on over, baybeh! Ill be your tour guide 🙂 Ill take picks of you as well 😉 And we’ll visit the dingy ol’ restaurant I work for :))

13. March 1, 2015 / 11:57 am

Oooh, nice. Looking forward to your reviews. You picked from all my favorite drugstore brands. 😀

• March 10, 2015 / 1:51 pm

Will post them sooooon! 🙂 Which ones are your faves from each brands? 😉

• March 12, 2015 / 11:16 am

Maybelline mascaras and Revlon lippies. They never seem to disappoint.

14. B.
    March 7, 2015 / 1:58 pm

Oh, did you go to Watsons SM North Edsa, not The Block? Because I’m pretty sure Watsons The Block had Kate! No Heroine Make and Pixy, though. Now I’m interested in that Revlon suede lip stuff too!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Yup I went to the SM North EDSA branch. Will check the one in The Block next time! 🙂
      Nope, skip the Revlon Suede lipstick- not as good as I expected!

15. March 11, 2015 / 9:05 am

hope watsons here in our province is big like those are in manila.. i usually buy maybelline product.. what can u suggest when it comes to foundation? 🙂

-http://krisnastassia.blogspot.com/