One Brand Face: NARS

one-brand-face-NARS-cover one-brand-face-NARS-3

One Brand Face

NARS Cosmetics | a NARS FOTD
I’ve been wanting do this series for the longest time now but it just hasn’t come to fruition (for a few good reasons, one is forgetfulness) until today. This isn’t to say, though, that I can always complete a full face with the items I own from the brands in my stash, but we’ll make do with whatever’s there. For my first One Brand Face feature, I chose to start with (surprise surprise) NARS as it may be the most represented (in terms of product variation) brand in my stash (if not MAC).
For the base, I chose to go with my (at the moment) favorite tinted moisturizer, their Pure Radiant one. It has amazing coverage for a TM and goes on smoothly without emphasizing flakes on my face even during my dry spells. I’m almost out of the Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard (milking the very last bits of it) and while I liked it, I’m in an adventurous stage where I want to try something else instead (suggestions?). On the cheeks, I chose to go with the Outlaw blush – an overwhelming raspberry I’m often hesitant to use but once on, never fail to tell myself “it actually looks good, eh?”. And then spiral into hesitance once again when I see the pan the day after. I also subtly contoured with my well-loved and begging-to-retire Laguna bronzer and even led my Albatross highlighter out of hibernation after 92833747 months! In person, it looks “too there” but on camera, it actually induces this undetectable yet palpable GLOHWWW.
nars-audacious-lipstick-fotdnars-audacious-lipstick
/And the rest…
For the eyes, I used the no-brainer NARSissist palette for a barely-there smokey eye using Madrague II, Bali and Coconut Grove (at a stage where I’m so lazy to do eye makeup). For eyebrows, I used the also-begging-to-retire Eyebrow Pen in Caucase which is a good match for my hair and something I actually considered repurchasing if not for cheaper alternatives I recently discovered (Heroine Make Quick Eyebrow, for example). I also used the #13 Blending Eye Brush which is great for diffusing shades in a large scope (not precision blending) except it got scratchy after 6 months and I feel like I’m torturing my lids every time I use it. Lastly, I picked my all-time favorite lipstick from the brand, Vivien from the Audacious range, to complete this look.
And that’s it! I’d love to know what you think of this series! Also, for those who won any giveaways in my blog during the past month, please forgive me for the late shipment. I will fix everything ASAP so that all items will be shipped out by next week.

1. February 28, 2015 / 8:12 am

Ooooh. I love seeing One Brand looks. I really wanna try their All Day Luminous Weightleas foundation. I’ve got a lengthy wishlist fot my dad when he goes to Sephora! THAT GLOWWWWW.

• March 10, 2015 / 11:34 am

More One Brand looks coming up, then! WHEE! Thanks for the feedback, Rayray!! 🙂 And I swear, we should have GLOW party! Bring all our glow-inducing beauty products and take turns wearing them while having dessert and coffee LOL!

2. Lily
    February 28, 2015 / 10:14 am

So pretty! I love Vivien on you 🙂 At the moment, I want NARS Charlotte (always out of stock here) and I want to sample their new foundation. Read mixed reviews, but I don’t have really dry skin so it might work?

• March 10, 2015 / 11:35 am

Thanks so much Lily!! I wanted Charlotte, too. But when I saw it, it was too similar to the deep reds I had so I only went with Vivien. I regret not getting it though – it’s out of stock everywhere here. And NARS replenishes too slowly here, like 4 months interval! Their new foundation isn’t out here yet either but Ive read it accentuates dry patches oily people didn’t know they had so I might skip it 🙁

3. February 28, 2015 / 10:55 am

YAY Nars again!! <3 This is the first time I've seen Outlaw, and its so pretty! And yes to more One Brand Faces! 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 11:36 am

OUTLAW is the bomb! I just have to learn to get over its intimidating pan look! HAHA! And yes, more One Brand Faces definitely!

4. February 28, 2015 / 11:37 am

I love it! It looks so effortless and so Shari. I also wanna do this but for MAC naman. When kaya? Heehee. Stay gorg! xx

• March 10, 2015 / 11:59 am

Effortless is what I want my middle name to be :))) Haha! Thanks Laarni!!! I may do a MAC one next! Cant wait to see yours too! GOOOW!

5. February 28, 2015 / 2:23 pm

Love the look! Overall Nars does pretty amazing products.

• March 10, 2015 / 11:59 am

AGREE! Thanks xuvi!

6. February 28, 2015 / 6:59 pm

Ugh, NARS is just such a gorgeous brand! They really have hit products for the whole face. Really want to get my hands on the Tinted Moisturiser, if only I didn’t have so many bases already! It’s about time I got one of their blushes as well…

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• March 10, 2015 / 1:25 pm

NARS is definitely a great brand besides just coming out with gorgeous products every time! 🙂 The TM is one of the best face products to start with! 🙂 Of course, if you’ve a shit ton of bases, it’s not so smart to buy anytime soon!

7. February 28, 2015 / 7:36 pm

Ahhh pretty! I still haven’t picked anything up from the Audacious line, but every time I see this on you I waver. This is an interesting feature for sure! I don’t even know if I have enough from any brand to achieve something like this 😉

• March 10, 2015 / 1:26 pm

Really, Sunny?! But yes, with your collection Im sure you dont need any Audacious! 😉 Id love to see you come up with something like this – gurl, I’m sure you have enough to do a whole face with one brand 😉 Yes, I know your stash better than you do LOLOLOL

8. February 28, 2015 / 10:43 pm

i feel like NARS is so big in asia…or maybe just with the asian beauty blogers, who live in asia, that i read? do you think that’s true? either way. i still haven’t tried much from this brand but I’ve always loved their eyeshadow duo’s, at least in stores, while i lust after them.

• March 10, 2015 / 1:28 pm

I think it’s big here because the price range is on the lower side of the high-end ones. Their mark-up isn’t so huge! Also, their collections are solid, like it’s hard to go wrong with any of their face, lips, blush products 😉 ALTHOUGH (ALL CAPS!) some items are hit-or-miss. Like a few of the eyeshadows in the duo range aren’t as great as the others. Consistency is something they need to work on, I think:)

9. March 1, 2015 / 6:43 am

I love this serie! And I looooove NARS. I was thinking about it the other day and the items I have are some of my favourites in my stash 🙂 Love that lipstick! Such a gorgeous shade! 🙂 xx
    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• March 10, 2015 / 1:28 pm

Thanks Gyudy!! I would definitely try to do more One Face Product posts then 🙂

10. March 1, 2015 / 11:06 am

Love the idea of this series! Really shows how versatile a brand it 🙂 Vivienne looks great on you! ox

• March 10, 2015 / 1:28 pm

Thanks Jen! 🙂 Couldnt agree more!

11. March 1, 2015 / 12:15 pm

Despite the bold and audacious color offerings that Nars keeps promoting as its specialty, they also have highly wearable colors for everyday use. I was initially expecting to see a sultry, smokey something, but what you came up with is so much better.

• March 10, 2015 / 1:29 pm

You couldn’t have said it better. Maybe I should do a natural vs. bold look with NARS hmmm.. good idea, Marielle! Thanks for the feedback.

12. March 2, 2015 / 5:05 am

Such a fun series idea! Love it! You look beyond lovely here. That bronzer! It’s definitely got some evidence of pan, LOL!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:29 pm

Thanks Kristen!!!:) I think Laguna is begging to retire :))

13. March 2, 2015 / 11:23 am

I love how Albatross looks on pan so I find it hard to accept that it looks very obvious on your face. Uhuhuhu! And also: yesssss! Genius series!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:30 pm

Its not for the heavy handed, definitely! But applied on with the right amount, super ganda niyaaaa:)

14. March 2, 2015 / 6:00 pm

Ugh, I have yet to pick up anything from the NARS counter!!!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:30 pm

RUN NOW, BABE. Haha!

15. March 5, 2015 / 8:03 am

I LIKE THIS SERIES AND BOBBI BROWN SOON PLS!! I’ve been wanting to do a ‘one brand’ face too for the longest time, but I AIN’T FAITHFUL to one brand enough to do an entire face for one brand, haha. YOU SHOULD TRY JOUER’S MATTE MOISTURE TINT 😉

• March 10, 2015 / 1:31 pm

BOBBI BROWN YAZZZZ! I will definitely do a Bobbi Brown one soon. maybe today! LOL. Thanks for the suggestion baby V!! And yes, I have been looking for that Jouer Matte Moisture tint. Seen it on a friend and I loved it on her!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:31 pm

Thanks PAT!!!

16. Maan G
    December 20, 2015 / 1:34 am

Hi, I’m buying the NARS tinted moisturizer online and was wondering what shade you have? I’m an NC30 for MAC, and don’t know what equivalent shade that is for NARS. Thanks!