NIVEA Balesin Day 1

balesin-nivea

nivea-come-closer-balesin

Come Closer with Nivea
Balesin Island, Quezon | balesin.com
This press event was my first ever out-of-town trip for the blog so ecstatic is a big, big understatement. I think we need a fluffier, more grandiose term for what I felt: psyched! No, wait. Very much psyched!!! Reading through the email, my eyes subconsciously blurred the rest of the content out when I saw the destination. Balesin.
Balesin is a fairly newly-developed 500-hectare island which can qualify for paradise with its beautiful sceneries. All just 30 minutes away from the bustling city by way of chartered jet planes. The island consists of tiny villages showcasing a feel of the world’s best beach destinations namely Balesin (Philippines), Bali (Indonesia), St. Tropez (France), Toscana (Italy), Mykonos (Greece), Costa Del Sol (Spain), and Phuket (Thailand).
This Nivea Come Closer event aims to bring the invited guests – beauty editors, bloggers, athletes, models, celebrities – closer to the brand and to their skin. It actually felt like a week-long immersion into Nivea products. From SKIN to FACELIPSBODY and even to MEN — I’ve developed a deeper understanding of the brand’s commitment to nourishing and protecting the skin, as well as a more scientific, technical grasp on their products. Not to mention being able to test them out during the whole event, from just frolicking in the beach to running around the whole island in pursuit of seven puzzle pieces during the Amazing Race. It’s only January but this trip definitely makes it to my most memorable, truly unforgettable happenings of 2015.

JPEG image-9699A9C9D65F-1

10:00 am
My call time. My sister, who was also invited to the event, was part of the 6AM flight. At first, I felt relieved not having to go so early but then I realized, “going earlier meant more Balesin time!”. And yes, we were divided into batches because the plane going to Balesin is only a 20-seater plane.

IMG_1149 nivea-balesin-welcome2 nivea-balesin-welcome

11:20 am
Arrived in the island after some delays. Plane ride was smooth sailing and not at all turbulent, despite its miniature size. I didn’t even feel the need to pray the rosary! Also, my very chatty seatmate, Camie, kept me distracted all throughout the ride with her Eurotrip stories and our Grade School memories (we went to the same school and were batchmates!). After disembarking, we were right away briefed about the island and then transferred to the Nivea camp in Mykonos Village.

IMG_1139nivea-balesin-mykonos nivea-balesin-mykonos-productsnivea-balesin-mykonos-villa

1:30 pm
Immediately had lunch after just 10 minutes of settling down in our rooms, which by the way, are huge ass suites with their own outdoor jacuzzis!  After lunch, we left for the Island Tour that took us around almost all the villages – by way of the jeepney.

nivea-come-closer-bloggers4

Balesin
It has the longest strip of beach facing Lamon Bay and the suites were giant nipa huts with bathrooms spanning as wide as the room itself, with indoor and outdoor showers to choose from so you know… you don’t get bored with how you shower everyday.

balesin-island2balesin-island

ST. TROPEZ
Bright, cheery, colorful villas with an interestingly-shaped pool (you can see the ‘tip’ in the photo *wink*wink*). Enjoyed the beautiful interiors, prints and patterns in this village.

st-tropez-balesin2st-tropez-balesin3st-tropez-balesin5st-tropez-balesin6nivea-balesin-ootd

BALI
Eat, pray, love then eat some more. The main attraction of this village is its water cottages perched on stilts. It’s also the only village with two swimming pools.

bali-balesinbali-balesin3bali-balesin2

Phuket
Where we had lunch for Day 2 and the Thai food was delicious. And I’m not even a fan of Thai food!

phuket-balesinphuket-balesin2

Costa del Sol
Charming, old Spanish architecture and design. I love the Alhambra Lounge (last photo, left) which looks like a very cozy place to have wine and just chill.

costa-del-sol-balesin2costa-del-sol-balesincosta-del-sol-nivea-last

3:30 pm
Right after the tour, we headed for the first Nivea Come Closer Session where we finally got to see what the brand has in store for this year. I personally am excited for the Nivea In-Shower Body Conditioner, which works just like a hair conditioner, only it’s for the body. Used this for all the shower during the trip and I’m amazed every time I step out that I don’t need to slather on any more lotion (save for SPF).

nivea-products2nivea-products

6:00 pm
After the session, we had time to just relax, swim in the beautiful Mykonos pool (I enoyed the jacuzzi more, though) and just freshen up before heading to dinner at Toscana Village.

nivea-nightnivea-night2nivea-night-gig

8:30 pm
Dinner was nothing short of a happy belly. We were treated to an acoustic performance after and were grouped into our Amazing Race teams – where we got to meet each other and ‘strategize’ for the upcoming race in the morning. After lounging in one of the Toscana tents with the other beauty bloggers, we decided to hit the jacuzzi and stayed there until God knows what time doing rounds of “Let’s Get to Know Each Other More”.

nivea-come-closer-bloggers

And that’s Day 1 of the Nivea Come Closer event in Balesin. Stay tuned for Day 2. I’d love to hear your favorite Nivea products, if you do use/have used them!

1. February 7, 2015 / 12:38 pm

AAAHHHH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE! I wish I’d get to visit it someday 🙁

• February 10, 2015 / 9:04 am

I hope you get to, Erika! Pa-member (PHP4M and get 15 nights free per year!) or get sponsored by a member to go ( in which case 10k a night suite good for 8 people + airfare na 6k/person).

• Elka
        February 15, 2015 / 12:51 am

Whaaaat? Ganito pala kamahal to become a member? In my dreams. Thought mga 1M lang or half M.

2. Aimee
    February 7, 2015 / 1:56 pm

Where’s your pineapple top from Ms. Sharina? Ganda lang eh

• February 10, 2015 / 9:04 am

From The Ramp 🙂

3. February 7, 2015 / 2:08 pm

Balesin is such a beautiful island! I hope I can go there some day. The in-shower conditioner sohnds like Lush’s Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner. I don’t experiment with products for my body too much, so I’d love to hear your thoughts about it!

• February 10, 2015 / 9:05 am

Yes, it’s like Lush’s Ro’s Argan talaga! Except thicker and more emollient yung Nivea. I still love Ro’s Argan though but if I were on a tight budget kasi medyo PHP1k+ yung Ro’s, I’ll settle with Nivea!

4. February 7, 2015 / 10:17 pm

what an awesome adventure and opportunity shari! each of the villa themes are spot on, what a great get-away location (if i liked beaches and humidity). also, cutest pineapple top ever. i got to test out the nivea body milk for the blog, well…three of the guys in my life tested it out for me lol. i liked it, them…’eh’
    omgigosh you had such a great time, can’t wait to hear about the rest of it.

• February 10, 2015 / 9:10 am

I’m extremely thankful I got to be a part of this because I surely wouldn’t be able to visit this island anytime in the near future! Funnily enough, my husband uses Nivea (even before I did!) for his dry feet (says it was passed on to him by his mom). He even picked up another variant, a whitening lotion because he says he wants to try to whiten his dark feet (that doesn’t match the rest of his body LOLOLOL) :)) He’s gonna kill me if he sees I posted about this!!!

5. February 7, 2015 / 11:00 pm

Gosh, what an amazing trip/event- as Jenn said, an adventure! What a fantastic way to experience a brand. And I love that pineapple top of yours 🙂

• February 10, 2015 / 9:11 am

It was definitely one of (if not THE) best ways to experience a brand, I agree, Jen!
      And thanks for all the comments on my pineapple top – it’s such a hit LOL!

6. February 7, 2015 / 11:12 pm

I miss you girls already! The trip was so much fun 🙂

• February 10, 2015 / 9:11 am

I miss you girls too!!!!!!! Can’t wait for our Balesaints get together!

7. Marjorie Gavan
    February 8, 2015 / 10:16 am

Ahh… the perks of being a blogger! You are so lucky. When I actually saw your tweets about this, I suddenly wanted to become a beauty blogger hahaha… I found out about Balesin because Heart Evangelista likes to Instragram her Balesin trips. It is only now, through your post though that I’ve learned more about it. No wonder you had a great time. I think my favorite, based from the pictures is the St. Tropez.

I am also a Nivea user. I use the Body Whitening Lotion, I like that the formula is thick but non-sticky.

• February 10, 2015 / 9:32 am

Super lucky and up to now, I’m still speechless ’til now that I was able to be a part of it! Very grateful to have been part of it ‘cos I don’t even know if I’ll get to visit Balesin in this lifetime :)) Speaking of Heart, her Balesin wedding is next week na!

My husband used Nivea before me! He uses two variants of lotion for his feet na super dry :)) He recently bought another one, nasa tub style packaging naman siya. :)) Ako my favorite lotion is Whitening Serum ‘cos of the Vitamin C ingredient 🙂

8. February 9, 2015 / 8:25 am

Looks so much fun, Shari! Awww you are not a fan of Thai food? 🙁 Well, at least you enjoy Phuket! ;D

• February 10, 2015 / 9:33 am

I have a few favorite Thai food (especially veggie dishes. OH LORD I’M GETTING HUNGRY) but in general, I don’t enjoy it as much as say, Japanese food. 🙂 Thanks Jaa!!!!

9. February 9, 2015 / 9:03 am

AAAAAH beautiful photos that took me right back to the island! Miss you, ladies! I’m glad you had a great time! <3

• February 10, 2015 / 9:34 am

Thank you Krissy for pitching me!!! Forever grateful for you! And yes, it was super fun HAY. Hangover hasn’t finished yet, hehe. Sorry haven’t brought you your cardi yet – I’ll text you when I’m in the area or sa reunion nalang natin?

• February 10, 2015 / 10:31 am

Reunion please!

10. February 11, 2015 / 2:51 pm

ERMAGHERD I CAN’T EVEN WITH ALL THE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS OF THE DIFFERENT VILLAGES. YOU’RE SERIOUSLY SO LUCKY and you deserve it 😉 (The only place on that list I’ve been to was Phuket–gorgeous place! Was able to go scuba diving there!)
    And I can’t even with those photos. TOP NOTCH. *-*
    It’s been years since I’ve tried a Nivea product, but I used to love their Nivea Soft cream.

11. Elka
    February 15, 2015 / 12:48 am

Excites for rhw in-shower body conditioner. Becaaaause my Lush Ro’s Argan Body conditioner is half way na. When will they release it kaya? *wink* *wink* or is it out na? *fingers crossed!*

• Elka
      February 15, 2015 / 12:49 am

Woopsie. Too much typo! Haha *the in-shower body conditioner.

12. February 23, 2015 / 8:22 am

What an incredible trip! WOW! LOL at the pool shape…*no comment*… 😉
    I love the Nivea in shower body lotion, and so does my husband (who never uses ANYTHING, ever)! Can’t wait to see what else Nivea rolls out this year!