Beach Makeup Bag

beach-makeup-essentials beach-makeup-essentials-all

Travel Makeup Kit

the grab-and-go edition
Pack 5 hours before leaving, unpack 5 days after arriving.” Yep, that’s me! It has actually been 6 days since we arrived from the beautiful island of Balesin for a Nivea event but I haven’t unpacked yet. This makeup kit wasn’t prepared with a discerning mind, either. I just grabbed foundation, eyeshadow palette, lipstick, blush – what else was closest to me at that time – and stuffed them inside this smaller-than-the-average Benefit makeup bag. I did pack this however with a sidenote that this wasn’t an ordinary beach trip where I’d just swim and soak in the sun – it was a PR event where I’d meet people, take photos and had to look decent even if I drank too many glasses of wine or hadn’t had enough sleep because of intimate conversations with fellow bloggers the night prior.
beach-makeup-essentials2
Who needs four lipsticks?! I certainly didn’t. Didn’t use Betty Bright at all. Used Mehr once, Grege the most and Viva Glam 1 once during the last night where it was partay partay. As for foundation, I wore the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation for three days straight and it has never failed me – even after 2 hours of running around doing relays during the Amazing Race, this foundation stayed on like that clingy over-attached girlfriend (or boyfriend!). Plus points that it doesn’t even make me look like I have foundation on! Just even-toned dewy skin ready to bask under the scorching sun.
beach-makeup-essentials3beach-makeup-essentials-nivea-wipes beach-makeup-essentials-nivea-wipes-2
And of course, I took with me a pack of my ever-trusty Nivea Cleansing Wipes just in case the brand wouldn’t provide them in Balesin – but they did which means I have more extra packs with me now! Woohoo. My sister brought her own makeup remover for the trip but at the end of each night resorted to taking off her makeup using these wipes instead after I showed her how easily it removes even the heaviest makeup – what can I say, I’m a great enabler. Ha ha!
I actually also brought along a small bottle of depotted micellar water but wasn’t able to touch it for the two nights we were there because these Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes removed everything on my face. Although granted, I had no mascara on (can’t be bothered with smears for a whole day event!). Still, it was able to remove waterproof liquid eyeliner with just a little more effort than the usual. I also wanted to bring the Exfoliating Wipes (my favorite) but realized I’d be under direct sunlight for three days and exfoliating + sun exposure is a huge no-no even if you’re protected with SPF.
sep nivea-cleansing-wipes
What makeup/skincare do you take with you to the beach?

1. February 4, 2015 / 7:25 pm

I am so glad that some companies started to understand the value of bloggers. Nivea is certainly one of them. I have followed your photos from Instagram, it looked like it was fun!
    Love your travel bag <3

• February 10, 2015 / 9:57 am

Aww thank you Sara for following!! It was indeed a lot of fun – one of the best things I can say that happened to me because of this blog! 🙂 And the mini travel bag is from Benefit :))

2. February 4, 2015 / 7:41 pm

Ahhh, you and Karima/Shameless Fripperies use the same foundation!! Haha /fangurll :))

3. February 4, 2015 / 10:18 pm

I’m googling about that foundation right this minute, it sounds amazing!
    Btw, I loved all the photos from the trip, glad you had a great time! ^_^

4. Lily
    February 4, 2015 / 10:49 pm

OK I need to try some Koh Gen Do! I don’t bring much with my when I travel. I probably have just a few products like brow pencil, BB cream, Pot rouge for lips and cheeks and maybe mascara. I’ll very likely hide under my huge sunglasses so eye makeup is quite unnecessary 🙂

5. February 5, 2015 / 4:31 am

Curious about Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation but won’t be needing it unless I finish up the rest of my foundations. Tsk tsk. I am not satisfied using wipes alone. I always add makeup remover, like Bifesta to cleanup my makeup. 🙂

6. February 5, 2015 / 10:54 am

There are so many lovely products here and I’m always so impressed when I see such a reduced makeup bag. I definitely need to teach myself to pack this lightly!

nueyork.blogspot.com

7. Marjorie Gavan
    February 5, 2015 / 10:57 am

Baligtad tayo. I pack days before the trip and unpack as soon as I get home, talk about OC, haha… To answer your question, I bring my moisturizers and cleanser in my travels, for the makeup I always have to bring my red lipstick.

8. February 5, 2015 / 2:29 pm

So that’s how you look so beautiful all the time. I wouldn’t even think to take makeup to the beach but I can see now that it is a very fine idea 🙂

9. February 5, 2015 / 5:34 pm

I usually don’t bother wear makeup to the beach. But when I do travel, I skip out on the foundation and stick to a heavy duty concealer instead. Pile on the setting spray, a little bronzer, a lot of highlighter (of course), fill in the browzy browz then add a bold (red) lip! Actually, that’s basically a go to for me. I only wear makeup about 2-3 times a week.

Btw, I had some huge breakouts a few weeks ago. Finally concluded that it was from the Nivea wipes. My blemishes finally started fading once I stopped using them. :((( WHY?! I LOVE THEM SO!!

10. February 5, 2015 / 8:47 pm

Looks like you came prepared! Sounds like a fan beach trip 🙂 I don’t like baking in the sun anyway, an event at the beach sounds way more fun!

11. February 6, 2015 / 11:30 am

You are soooo prepared! 🙂 I usually bring in powder, wipes, and a couple of lipsticks when I’m going to the beach, but not much make up. hehe! 🙂

12. February 6, 2015 / 4:28 pm

Love your travel bag and I got curious about Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation 🙂

13. February 23, 2015 / 8:18 am

Ah! What fun! I always overpack makeup, even when we’re just going to my husband’s parents’ house in North Carolina! I’d always prefer to have too many options (4 lipsticks? Sounds about right!) than not enough!