A Sensational Valentines

maybelline-red-lipstick-3 maybelline-red-lipstick-2 maybelline-red-lipstick-10 maybelline-red-lipsticks maybelline-red-lipstick-5B maybelline-red-lipstick-11 maybelline-red-lipstick-vday maybelline-red-lipsticks-3
Selene handed me her ballons while I was taking these photos and asked me to pose with them!
maybelline-red-lipstick-17B

Valentine Red-dy

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks
Blouse, H&M; My favorite shorts, Topshop
If you follow me on Instagram, maybe you’d have seen this post where two glorious hunks delivered a single rose and a bag of lipsticks right at my doorstep. Thank God I was in the middle of shooting blog photos else I’d have been in pajamas (or worse, a bath towel!) and reeking of cooking oil. Thanks for the sweet surprise, Maybelline folks! Wish all courier deliveries were like this! I’d never leave the house.
I’ve reviewed a few lipsticks from the Color Sensational range before – just recently, one of the So Nudes and way way back, the Pink Alert ones. They didn’t quite hit the spot for me – pigmented, yes but too buttery for my taste. So just imagine my surprise when I tried these three red lipsticks from the same range and found them completely unlike the previous ones. Inconsistency in formula sometimes yields good discoveries. These three are creamy but not greasy, dry down to a more satin finish although still remains glossy for a good hour or so. They also don’t move around or get easily wiped off like my previous encounters. The good thing is they are as moisturizing as the buttery ones despite the difference in textures. I’ll do a more in-depth review of these soon — I was just too excited to share that these are actually good reds to check out if you’re on a budget. Anyone tried any of these Maybelline red lipsticks from the Color Sensational line?

1. Aimee
    February 15, 2015 / 3:57 pm

Ms. Shari ano ginagamit mong sunscreen ngayon? Recommend some for me pls. I do have a combination skin po:)

2. February 15, 2015 / 4:32 pm

Are your Red-dy was the first ever red lipstick I bought. ❤ Russian Red was a hand me down from my mom. I loved how easy it was to wear. I think this lipstick helped spark my love for reds. I’ve already finished my tube. I’d love to try Red Revival next. Might be my drugstore ‘Russian Red love’. Seriously, I’m on my third tube of RR.

3. February 16, 2015 / 12:03 am

Gorgeous photos! Love those rich, bold lip colours on you. So pretty! Hope you had a lovely Valentines 🙂

4. February 16, 2015 / 12:56 am

i LOVED your instragram pic with those two guys LOL> what a fun delivery!

5. February 16, 2015 / 1:06 am

I love your outfit! For the price I think the Colorsensational range is pretty good! 🙂

6. Lily
    February 16, 2015 / 10:30 pm

Love the photos here, Shari. You look so beautiful 🙂

7. February 17, 2015 / 1:16 am

Just had to go on your IG to check out the mentioned photo…THAT’S HILARIOUS THOUGH. TALK ABOUT VIP TREATMENT 😉 (and usually when I answer my door, I’m usually in sweatpants and messy bun….I literally look like a walking disaster, BUT WHATEVES)
    Those three shades are all super gorgeous!

8. February 18, 2015 / 3:05 am

Gorgeous lipsticks, but I think we can all agree the real treat is the delivery 😉

9. February 18, 2015 / 7:39 am

Can I just say, I love Gossips Moscato hahaha.

Non matte red lips scare me, but these are pretty!

10. February 18, 2015 / 12:37 pm

Lipsticks delivered by hunks with an adorable bag?! That’s kind of amazing, and even better that you loved the lipsticks! I loved this entire pictorial so much! I also wanted to mention that today I was looking for a swatch of a particular MAC lipstick and ended up looking through ALL of your Lipstick Week posts and remembering how much I loved them the first time! That was one of my first things I remember seeing on your blog and loving you/the posts/errrthang!

11. February 18, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Red revival looks reallly good!!! Actually, everything looks good on your face and skintone :3 I’m jealoussss

12. February 18, 2015 / 4:33 pm

I have a favorite drugstore red from Maybelline called Brick Rose. It’s from the last edition of Color Sensational, so it the one with the opaque packaging. I still use it because I find it satiny and pretty.

13. February 26, 2015 / 10:34 pm

Red Revival looks really nice! And your photos are so nice talaga!