A Lipstick So Nude, It’s Not

maybelline-so-nude maybelline-so-nude-lipstick2

Why You Gotta Be So Nude?

MAYBELLINE COLOR SENSATIONAL so Nude Lipstick*
Because let’s face it, you’re notNU32S*. You’re more of a deep-ish coral. That’s me getting better at describing shades. Thank you, thank you very much. Also before I go further – can I just say how uninspired the name is? C’mon Maybelline, you guys are more creative than this, I’m sure! NU32S resembles that reference number you’re given after calling in your mobile network provider complaining about bad service. But I digress..
Let’s talk about the formula. Remember the Maybelline Pink Alert Lipsticks I reviewed last year? These are cut from the same Color Sensational family tree except the So Nudes are shades that are in the Nude or MLBB (my lips but better) branch. Judging from the color on the tube, I badly wanted for these to go opaque – but as with the previous Colorsensational encounter, they’re quite thin and balmy with just the right amount of pigment. Not sheer but not as strongly pigmented as I wanted, either. It has almost no slip so it just glides on smoothly and one layer isn’t quite enough but more than two layers feels ‘too much’.
maybelline-so-nude-lipstick maybelline-so-nude-lipstick-swatch
NU32S is one of the more ‘pigmented’ shades in the So Nudes range. Most of the shades I saw were really ‘nudey’ and barely there. This shade still pops on my lips so I can’t even really call it an MLBB. Reminds me of MAC Fanfare a lot, but I gave away that lipstick already so I can’t compare.
maybelline-so-nude-lipstick-swatch2
FinaL THOUGHTS
The Color Sensational range is not among my favorite formulas because I am not a fan of buttery and slippy lipsticks. I can see those who like these are mostly students who wear them to school and don’t want so much to be accused of wearing lipstick by strict head teachers who value simplicity in school grounds (Catholic schoolgirl since Kindergarten here so I understand you guys!). I am, however, very impatiently awaiting for the arrival of the Maybelline Creamy Matte lipsticks I’ve seen everywhere else but here.
Have you tried any Maybelline lipsticks recently or in the past?
*This was a PR souvenir from an event I attended.

1. February 6, 2015 / 11:53 am

I love this, but I always tend to love creamy, sheerish lippies! It looks great on you! LOL at the Catholic schoolgirl thing, AND the “color” name reminding you on calling customer service! Too good, Shars!

2. Lily
    February 6, 2015 / 12:30 pm

I remember trying Maybelline lipsticks and didn’t like them. So I never tried anything else. Felt like liquid plastic for some reason :-/

3. February 6, 2015 / 1:27 pm

This is pink not Nude! ha ha! Such a misnomer! Looks good on you though.. I actually haven’t had any Maybelline lipstsicks (??!!) although I do like a sheer slippy lipstick provided the smell is NOT offensive!

TheConscienceFund

4. shane
    February 6, 2015 / 2:33 pm

what’s your base here ms.sha and powder na rin! ganda lang eh

5. February 6, 2015 / 8:53 pm

I’ve been buying Maybelline lipsticks for so long, but the last two years of their releases kind of bored me. The best they came up with were those jewelled berry lipstick collections, but I’d already completed my roster by then. 🙁 And yes, the names have been uninspired lately. I don’t know if it’s because they were aiming for a more ‘pro’ feel, but even MAC has sassy shade names.

6. February 6, 2015 / 10:46 pm

I bought a lipstick from this line because I wanted a new I didn’t have to commit to. Really shouldn’t have bought at all. It gelt really weird and thick. The application was streaky and it looked like I layered cream over my lips. And when I removed it, the thick feel was still there. I was so disappointed. 🙁

CATHOLIC SCHOOLGIRL SINCE KINDER HERE AS WELL! So strict. 🙁 I recall in grade school that one of the nuns was also a CLE teacher. She was pretty mean. She hits students…

7. February 7, 2015 / 12:12 am

Ooh, gorgeous! The glossy finish and peachy hue makes this such a flattering hue 🙂

8. February 7, 2015 / 4:41 am

I actually like buttery formulas and I love this color, so I’d probably get along with this one!

9. February 7, 2015 / 7:11 am

Pretty!

10. February 7, 2015 / 7:45 am

Love how you have typed about that lipstick and great images too!

zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

11. February 7, 2015 / 12:09 pm

I like balmy lip products when my lips are dry/chapped but when my lips are behaving, matte lipsticks all the way! I’ve tried the creamy mattes from Maybelline and I really like them, especially since they don’t dry my lips out 😀

12. February 7, 2015 / 12:23 pm

the color is beautiful though! i started out the color sensational line when I started wearing makers, however, overtime I started hating balmy products and gave them away. now i like them again so might give this a try!

Oreleona | Pristine’s Bliss

13. February 7, 2015 / 3:50 pm

I think Maybelline lipsticks are ok for the price and they have really good nude shades.

14. March 24, 2015 / 1:26 am

I own one lipstick from this line in singapore! It’s called ‘mocha muse’ and it’s a gorgeous creamy brown nude with just enough peach that it looks peachy pink on my already very rosey lips! I really appreciate the shades we get from this line in asia, it seems like the nude line in the US has so many really really dead flesh tone type nudes that aren’t very flattering for most! I love how this looks on you. It’s so pretty and perfect for everyday!

15. Ivy
    August 23, 2015 / 7:00 am

i have been waiting patiently for these lippies to arrive too, too bad we do not have the latest makeup products here.