The Perfect Dusty Pink

bobbi-art-stick-dusty-pink-1 bobbi-art-stick-dusty-pink-2 bobbi-art-stick-dusty-pink-all
My minimal makeup routine nowadays especially since I can get away with only concealer and no foundation of any sort (thanks Estee Lauder ANR serum, HAH!)
bobbi-art-stick-dusty-pink-fotds

Art Stick Part Deux

Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Dusty Pink
Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Dusty Pink is available in all Bobbi Brown counters for PHP1300
I’d like to think I’ve grown past the stage where if I really like something, I’d feel compelled to collect more, most or all of it. Whether that be in makeup (50 shades of red), clothes (one blouse, 5 colors) or even food (Kit-Kat in all flavors except wasabi, please). And while I do believe I’ve weaned myself from being “close to a serial hoarder”, there are times I’m pulled back in when I encounter something like the Bobbi Brown Art Stick. A jumbo lip pencil that doubles as a lipstick, big whoop, right? That’s what you think. This lip hybrid is a matte monster that has great color pay-off and does not dry my lips out. Not moisturizing by any means but I love that it doesn’t cause cracking or lip-peeling at the end of the day. I still stand by the brand’s Creamy Matte range, but that formula still has a slight sheen to it. For a more ‘retro matte’ feel, Bobbi’s Art Stick is my pick.
I’m wearing my sister’s Dusty Pink pencil here, which I expected to be quite like MAC Mehr except Mehr has more blue to it making it more muted, less vibrant. I thought this could register as an MLBB shade on me but it actually gravitates more towards being a “work-appropriate pink”. I find that it registers darker on the lips – I thought it’d come out lighter. Comparing these Art Sticks to the NARS Velvet Matte pencils, I can’t believe I’m saying this (because I’m a loyal NARS fan), I am more inclined to hoarding these than the NARS pencils. While the NARS formula is extremely lightweight, it sits terribly on my lips the longer I have them on. I love the NARS Velvet Matte shades more, though.
Have you tried these Bobbi Brown Art Sticks? What are your thoughts?

1. February 25, 2015 / 8:18 am

Hey Shari, Dusty Pink looks great on you! This is probably the type of pinks I don’t own a lot. I haven’t tried these Art Sticks yet. I’ve heard great things about them, but so far I haven’t felt compelled to try one! Maybe one day 🙂

• February 26, 2015 / 7:31 pm

I love these Art Sticks ‘cos they’re the type of mattes my lips get along with 🙂 Sunny, with the size of your stash, I’m not sure you really need to try anything anymore! :)) God I would love to raid your vanity if I could!

2. February 25, 2015 / 9:35 am

I’ve been wanting to try this (in a bold red shade, of course!) But then I saw Maybelline came out with something very similar. I believe it’s called the Colorshow Velvet something.. They say they love it more than the NARS ones. I’ve only seen people from the UK and Australia use it so it’ll probably be a while before it gets to the PH. In the meantime, I’ve been trying to find my new matte red love. Waiting on my Charlotte Tilbury lipstick to come!!

• February 28, 2015 / 9:27 am

OR MAYBE NOT AT ALL! The Maybelline stuff we get here are usually different from the Western countries’ releases. HUHU. SO SAD! But slowly, the Philippine team has been insistent on bringing the good stuff here even if it’s not Asia Pacific recommended (like the Color Tattoos, etc) so I hope we get those! I actually like trying out Maybelline products – some are surprisingly good! GURL, your Charlotte Tillbury obsesh is rubbing off on me!!! NOOOOO!

3. February 25, 2015 / 10:34 am

I finally started to get into Pinks and this looks amazing!! I also love the rest of the look you have on.

Hao | haodoyoungo

• February 28, 2015 / 9:27 am

Ahhh I’m sure pink looks amazing on you Hao!

4. Marjorie Gavan
    February 25, 2015 / 11:08 am

To answer your question, nope I haven’t tried it. I am not a fan of pink lipstick actually because yeah, small lips. But I think this one may work on me, but I’m still not sure. Looks great on you though.

• February 28, 2015 / 9:28 am

Why not Marj! I’m sure even if you have small lips – if you find the right shade of pink for you, it’ll look great!!! Gurl promise, you’ve to find THAT PINK for you. 😉

5. February 25, 2015 / 2:52 pm

Oooh…better than the NARS matte lip pencils!? Bold claim! I haven’t really checked these out but I do love the sound of them!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• February 28, 2015 / 9:29 am

I’m biased because the NARS lip pencils were drying on me 🙁 These ones weren’t! The NARS pencils are more lightweight though! 🙂

6. February 25, 2015 / 4:00 pm

Ooo I love this one! I am totally putting it on the wishlist right away! 🙂 You look gorgeous Shari! <3

TheConscienceFund

• February 28, 2015 / 9:29 am

Thanks Divy!!*

7. February 25, 2015 / 7:13 pm

Dusty Pink looks great on you, Shari! I definitely need to check these Art Sticks out!

X Alice

• February 28, 2015 / 9:30 am

If you do let me knowwww!! I would love to see what you get 🙂

8. _royalsunshine_
    February 25, 2015 / 7:51 pm

I haven’t tried this but I want to try this. I will have a chance to visit a Duty Free soon so I should check out swatches. HAHAHA. <3 I think I'll have you to blame again if I buy a stick or two, haha. =))) It looks lovely on you Shari!

Re: Skincare. I've also been using ANR, for about two weeks now. I really like it as well. It's so expensive though pero sulit!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:53 pm

AHHHH so good to hear ANR works for you too Meg! I actually havent met a lot of people who say otherwise so maybe it’s really THAT good. I dont think Bobbi Brown is available in the Duty Free here… or maybe I’m wrong. Tell me cos I want to get them at DF price too! HAHA. Ive been eyeing the new shades in the Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte lip range though!

• _royalsunshine_
        March 10, 2015 / 4:15 pm

I will travel to Korea next week so I’d be able to visit the DF there. Will let you know the price of the creamy mattes. If it’s cheaper there, I can help you get them 😀

9. February 25, 2015 / 9:02 pm

Oooo I didn’t know Bobbi Brown carried lippies in jumbo pencils form. Clearly I’ve been living under the rock, haha!
    They look great on you 🙂

xx

• March 10, 2015 / 1:59 pm

They do for a while now! They didnt get much attention that they deserved, though so I’m featuring them here now 😉

10. February 26, 2015 / 10:24 am

I love this shade on you! The warmth of it is so appealing 😀 Reminds me to pull this out more often

• March 10, 2015 / 1:59 pm

Thanks, babe! :* You should! It’s a beautiful shade 🙂

11. Coco
    February 26, 2015 / 10:31 am

I think it’s perfect for warm complexions xx

• March 10, 2015 / 1:59 pm

Yes yes! INDEED, Coco!

12. February 26, 2015 / 11:08 am

I’ve really been wanting to try the Art Sticks- they look so fun to use. That’s a perfect pink on you 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 2:00 pm

Fun, effortless yet dependable! 😉

13. February 26, 2015 / 5:54 pm

I always felt Mac Mehr was just too cool toned, I like this colour though! 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 2:00 pm

This is a warmer version of Mehr! 🙂 Although Mehr appears more warm on me than most!

14. February 26, 2015 / 7:44 pm

This is a colour I would probably not even think about thinking it wouldnt go well on me, but it’s soooo pretty and sweet on you Shari! (I’ll have a look at it at my BB counter next time!)

• March 10, 2015 / 2:00 pm

Thanks, Sofia! 🙂 Im sure this’ll suit you as well!! 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 2:00 pm

Thanks Gyudy!! :* BLUSHING!

15. March 1, 2015 / 10:40 am

Ah yes, I wanted to try these, but I wasn’t impressed by the shade selection (IIRC, the only one I was remotely interested in was the orange one) AND THIS WHOLE SHARPENING BUSINESS MAKES ME CRY. Dusty Pink looks great on you though! Saw your previous EL ANR post AND YOUR SKIN MAKES ME WANT TO CRY BECAUSE IT’S JUST SO FLAWLESS AND IMPOSSIBLE

• March 10, 2015 / 2:03 pm

The shade selection is very disappointing, I agree! I hope they come out with more shades soon. The sharpening kills me as well but I just love the formula. AND GOSH THANKS BABY V!!! :*** Youre too kind to your MOMMA!!

16. March 2, 2015 / 5:03 am

Ha! Yas! “Work-appropriate Pinks” needs to be a new color family, LOL! Love this on you – I’ve never tried an Art Stick but if I did, it would be this one!

• March 10, 2015 / 11:57 pm

Work-appropriate pinks and reds! LOL. Thanks Kristen!! If you do try, I’m excited to know which you’ll go with 🙂

17. silverkis
    March 5, 2015 / 11:39 am

Oh thanks for your post Shari, it reminded me to take my Bobbi Brown Art Stick out to play! The only problem I have is… how do i sharpen this thing??? LOL! It looks really love on you

• March 10, 2015 / 11:57 pm

It comes with a free sharpener, Linds!!! 🙂 Didn’t yours come with one? 🙁

18. jana MD
    March 6, 2015 / 1:16 pm

I bought this last night at Trinoma because of this blog post. Very pretty color and amazing formula. Love it!

• March 10, 2015 / 11:58 pm

Aww Jana! Glad that you like it and I was able to help! 🙂 The formula’s nice noh? Definitely nailed the lip liner + lipstick hybrid! 🙂