Newest Curl in Town

benefit-roller-lash benefit-roller-lash-15
There’s a New Curl in Town
Benefit Roller Lash press Launch | Skye, BGC
Benefit events are — hands down — one of the girliest, quirkiest, most entertaining events you can ever attend in your life. I imagine the brand team sitting in their office board room and thinking, “So guys, what level of crazy shall we set for our next event? From 1 to hunky-policemen-handcuffing-guests-and-playing-dirty-games-with-them.” I think this event was set at a level 4 crazy as it was quite on the wholesome side with activities such as hook-a-hunk — I mean duck, mini-golf with a hunk (always with a hunk, oh Benefit!), and tarot card reading. That afternoon, Skye Bar was transformed into one huge vintage hair salon from the 50s, where curling irons were inexistent and women’s BFFs then were the hair rollers — which served as the inspiration for Benefit’s newest mascara technology, the Roller Lash.
benefit-roller-lash-20benefit-roller-lash-21benefit-roller-lash-6benefit-roller-lash-23
Benefit experimented with wands to come up with what they deem as the perfect wand (pink one) for curling straight, sparse lashes. The first (left most) was too big for smaller eye shapes, made lashes heavy, and caused clumping. The second was good but didn’t create enough of a curl for straight and short lashes. The Roller Lash wand has strategic hook placement so they would grab each lash from root to tip and is now Benefit’s patent-pending Hook ‘n’ Roll brush.
benefit-roller-lash-22Cbenefit-roller-lash-18benefit-roller-lash-3benefit-roller-lash-8benefit-roller-lash-2
From top (L-R): Julia of Bless My Bag who won the Instagram contest for the event, Dior of Dior Co Makeup, my fellow Momma on the Loose Shen of Shen’s Addiction and Benefit’s Digital Diva Tasha Santos.
benefit-roller-lash-misty-mombenefit-roller-lash-7benefit-roller-lash-4benefit-roller-lash-5benefit-roller-lash-16benefit-roller-lash-9
It won’t be a complete Benefit event without their hunky hunks. This particular hunk charmed all the ladies in the event that day. Let me refer you to the photos below. Hihi!!
benefit-roller-lash-event-hunk benefit-roller-lash-event-hunk2benefit-roller-lash-10benefit-roller-lash-19benefit-roller-lash-13
Mini-golf in heels with a cute coach? WHY THE HELL NOT. Hit the hole (there must be a better way of saying that) on my second try! WOOT. What can I say, the coach was inspiring. Ha ha ha!
benefit-roller-lash-11benefit-roller-lash-12
Donna Shaw, the new Benefit Philippines CHIEF FUN OFFICER, welcomes us to the event.
benefit-roller-lash-17benefit-roller-lash-14benefit-roller-lash-bloggers
I’ll be reviewing the mascara real soon! Thank you Benefit for having me! The Roller Lash mascara will be out on March 5th in all Benefit stores and counters.
benefit-roller-lash-event-dogs
One more shot of the cute pup in rollers to officially end this entry!

1. February 26, 2015 / 12:19 pm

Omg it looks like so much fun! I’ve heard both great and not so great things about this new mascara, so I guess I’ll have to find out for myself!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:32 pm

I will wait for your thoughts on it if you do try it! 🙂 I actually have been liking it! 🙂

2. Lily
    February 26, 2015 / 3:14 pm

I’ve read some mixed reviews about this mascara but I can’t wait to read yours. Looks like a fun event. Lively pictures!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:32 pm

Thanks, Lily! I usually dont post about events as often as I may go to them but Benefit ones are too fun not to share :))

3. February 26, 2015 / 3:39 pm

It mush have been such a fun event! Love how they showed the brush discovering process, I’ve heard good things about this mascara and I can’t wait to try it! 😉 xx
    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• March 10, 2015 / 1:33 pm

Let me know your thoughts if you’ve tried it Gyudy! Will be waiting for it 😉

4. February 26, 2015 / 6:25 pm

Oh Gosh, it looks like you had a BLAST! I haven’t had the best luck with the brand, but I have to admit they do have some genius marketing tricks up their sleeves. Those puppies are too cute LOL

• March 10, 2015 / 1:33 pm

TRUE! Their R&D + Marketing teams are really creative 😉 Have to give them props for that!

5. February 26, 2015 / 10:02 pm

Looks like it was a super fun event! And the doggies in curlers and strollers – diva mode!!! 🙂 Im curious about this mascara – folks online have been raving about it and if it works that well, then I just might break my “no-mascara-over-500” rule!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:34 pm

DIVA DOGGIES DIBA?! Haha! If the under-500 mascaras are working for you, I dont think you need to run out to get over-500 ones, to be honest. It’s just that for me, I havent had the best luck with them because I have iffy lashes HAHA

6. February 27, 2015 / 8:58 pm

Such fun!! Every time I hear ‘New Curl in Town’ I sing it to the tune of New Girl in Town from Hairspray in my head. I honesty really love Maybelline’s The Rocket. After my experience with the They’re Real mascara, I’m kind of put off from this. Next thing on my to try list is the Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lasg mascara. Ugh. My Charlotte Tilbury wishlist is too long. 🙁

• March 10, 2015 / 1:35 pm

They actually have a theme song and it’s that!!! The song kept playing at the event I had LSS of it for weeks:))) I tried The Rocket and it didn’t work for me 🙁 My lashes are too stubborn! They’re Real wasnt my cup of tea also but I worked with it because it did volumize them (I just have to curl again after putting it on). Although being poked with the wand was a cryfest everytime :))

7. February 28, 2015 / 4:22 am

Looks like a lot of fun at the event, Shari! I love all the pix! That puppy is just too adorable. 😀

• March 10, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Thanks, Jaa! And yes, the puppies were really cute!!! :*

8. February 28, 2015 / 11:01 pm

i really haven’t been impressed with benefit’s lash items yet but i have to admit that this one, has got me interesting. the ‘before/after’ shots i’ve seen on other blogs have been very impressive and it seems to have work for people with straight down, sparse lashes, so i’m thinking it should work well with my asian lashes..

love that you got to go to this event and show it to us! events are always so fun!

• March 10, 2015 / 1:37 pm

Some events aren’t as fun TBH!! LOL. I dont really post other events anymore. Benefit ones are always so fun that it’s a waste not to share to others the whole effort they put into it 🙂

9. March 11, 2015 / 1:51 am

Balang-araw, mga beauty blog puro pictures na ng hunks. <3 where this is going. Pati si Maybelline nakiki-hunk na din 😀