5 Product Face

5-product-face-makeup 5-product-face-makeup2 5-product-face-makeup-fotd-2
My camera remote is missing so I used my iPhone for these FOTD shots.

High Five

My Version of No Makeup Makeup
Products used: Ellis Faas Skin Veil foundation, Heroine Make liquid eyeliner, Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil, Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (not in its final packaging), Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom, D&V Hairpieces hair extensions (here)
We’ve all heard about the ‘no-makeup makeup’ look — which some deem as their only way of putting on makeup while others feel “why put on makeup if you don’t want to look like you have it on?!” It’s called “faking looking alive and decent like you didn’t sleep at 4am marathoning all the TV series the night before”, you guys. Manila weather has been increasingly hotter (is that even possible) the past week so slapping on the usual 10+ makeup products isn’t cutting it anymore as well – I feel like wiping off my whole face by midday. So recently, I’ve been all about this 5 product face, I can even cut it to 3 – but today, I’ll be going out for a quick meeting (on something I’ve been working on for this summer!) so the additional two felt necessary.
5-product-face-makeup-fotd-mistymom
The Ellis Faas Skin Veil (which I feel compelled to review individually!) is my recent go-to for skin-like, glowy finish but with medium coverage. On photos, it looks surprisingly full-coverage but in person, it’s more ‘natural’. My recent trip to Balesin left me a shade darker which is perfect since the shade I have of this is a tad darker than my natural skintone. The Heroine Make Liquid Eyeliner is one of my favorite liquid formulas because it glides without tug and dries matte albeit dries too slow. Sometimes, even if it has already dried, it transfers to my upper lids when the line’s too thick (a.k.a when I’m feeling graphic-y). Also been roadtesting the Benefit Roller Lash mascara and so far, so good! Drew in my brows with the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil in Acorn and swiped a layer of Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom — I’m ready to step out and make the world wonder if I’m wearing makeup or not.
What’s your 5-product look? No-makeup or all-out bold – doesn’t matter. I’d love to hear your picks!

1. _royalsunshine_
    February 9, 2015 / 2:50 pm

Heyyyy, longer hair! Do you have hair extensions here? Love that base ah, super glowy on you! Ganda. 🙂

My 5 product look:

1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
    2. Majolica Majorca Brow Pencil
    3. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
    4. Fairdrops Mascara
    5. Bright Pink lippie!

• February 10, 2015 / 9:36 am

Ooooh I’ve forgotten about my LM tinted moisturizer, I must take that out again. Actually, I’m not sure if naubos ko na ba siya. I like your picks Meg! The Majolica pencil – grabe, I bought three refills of those! I loved it. have yet to try the fairydrops mascara! Whats your most-used bright pink lippie?

2. makeupwithaheart
    February 9, 2015 / 4:21 pm

I’m all about simplicity when I don’t have time 🙂 my five picks are

1. Stila Color & Correct Foundation
    2.Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil
    3.Heroine Make Long &Curl Mascara
    4.Etude House Kissful Choux Tint
    5. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

• February 10, 2015 / 9:37 am

Love that most of the picks here contain the NARS concealer! 🙂 And the Stila Color & Correct foundation is something I haven’t heard much of! Thanks for sharing your 5-product face, dear!!!

3. February 9, 2015 / 4:49 pm

You look amazing, and I love the extensions! I never seem to manage to cut down to 5 products, even if in a rush. For some reason they become 6, 7, 8… 😉 xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• February 10, 2015 / 9:37 am

Thanks Gyudy!!! I’m glad you like the hair extensions 🙂 I know – I’ve been at the point where I can’t cut down but now I’m in the stage that 3 products, I’m good to go.

4. February 9, 2015 / 5:50 pm

Most days, I go totally bare! But when I do wear some and I don’t go full glam, I just use some concealer, mascara and red lipstick! I double up the mascara as eyeliner on an angled brush and maybe even brush some on my brows if it was a brown mascara. Red lipstick also equals to blush! It’s a fast paced life we live in.

• February 10, 2015 / 9:41 am

Fast paced life, indeed. Can’t agree more – I wake up so early in the AM and then at 6pm wonder where all the time went. Always have this thought at the end of the day na, “Yun na yon? Yun na yung araw ko? Anon nangyari!?”
      Anyway! Hey hey hey – have not tried this doubling technique of mascara as eyeliner or even brow filler!! NIFTY. I’ve tried the lipstick as blush though and okay naman, I just did not feel comfortable knowing I have lipstick on my cheeks :)))

5. February 9, 2015 / 9:40 pm

Shari, you babe, you look stunning! And I like your hair A LOT, suits you so beautifully! *I’m jealous!*

X Alice

• February 10, 2015 / 9:41 am

Thank youuuuu Alice!!!! *blushhhh* 🙂

6. February 9, 2015 / 10:14 pm

Hey Shari, nicely done! Love your hair here 🙂 I’ve done a 5-product (that turned out to be a 6-product haha) face on the blog over a year ago. It still hasn’t changed much! It’s a sheer base product, concealer, brow filler, a bit of mascara, cream blush, and an MLBB lipstick. In real life I very often let my eyes go tho, since I wear my big geeky glasses 🙂

• February 10, 2015 / 9:45 am

Same here, well, I dont wear big geeky glasses but I’m past the stage where I enjoy eyeshadow application – now it seems like a chore :)))) The stages I went through with eyeshadow — 1. didn’t know how to apply it so just eyeliner 2. learned how to apply, obsessed over getting palettes and wore it even if I were to just take out the trash 3. feel like eye makeup is a chore so consciously choosing to skip it and just wear eyeliner instead. It’s a vicious cycle! LOL :))

• February 10, 2015 / 8:19 pm

Ha the thing is if I only do eyeliner, it doesn’t brighten my eyes the way I want it to! I do a minimum amount of work when it comes to eyeshadows nowadays, but I still need some 🙂

7. February 9, 2015 / 10:22 pm

Wow. You can go out for a meeting without a blush? For my 5-product face I’ll choose:
    1) Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Mineral Makeup for my base
    2) Black Gel Liner from BYS
    3) Nars Orgasm Blush
    4) Nichido Eyebrow Pencil in Chestnut
    5) MAC lipstick in Cosmo

• February 10, 2015 / 9:46 am

Blush is my most skippable item, I realized. I don’t feel very obliged to wear it – it’s an ‘extra’ lang for me 🙂
      I used to wear the NARS Orgasm blush often though (as in daily that I even emptied it!!) 🙂 Thanks for sharing your 5-product face!

8. February 10, 2015 / 1:16 pm

Definitely loving your natural look in here! Plus your hair is just gorg! 🙂

9. Cristina Golban
    February 10, 2015 / 3:56 pm

1.True Match Foundation
    2.The balm bahama mama bronzer
    3. Lily Lolo Mineral Blush
    4. Lancome Mascara
    5. KiKo lip gloss pencil

• February 16, 2015 / 4:22 pm

That True Match foundation was one of my first bottles of foundation! 🙂 I loved it but it was too heavy for summer tropical weather. The Balm Sexy Mama was one of my favorite translucent powders. Thanks for sharing Cristina!

10. February 10, 2015 / 10:43 pm

Such a pretty, natural look! That Ellis Faas foundation looks lovely on you 🙂

• February 16, 2015 / 4:22 pm

Thanks Jen!!!

11. February 11, 2015 / 5:38 am

that ellis faas foundation looks flawless! Might have to go pick one up…. 😉 My five products are tarte full coverage powder foundation, burberry single, tarte mascara (doesn’t matter which one) and a lipstick. When I tone down the rest of my makeup, I tend to make a statement with my lip color. Bite Beauty’s Cin Cin is perfect for channeling my feelings of disappointment to the current weather situation since it’s a great, wearable coral.

12. February 12, 2015 / 1:14 am

Damn your phone takes great pics :-O And you look incredible, you look so so pretty! Your make-up looks very light and fresh.

13. anne0822
    February 16, 2015 / 6:59 am

how come my iPhone pics don’t look that clear?! or maybe I just don’t know how to take ’em.. 🙁
    Anyway, my 5-product face would be Nature Republic BB Cream, Etude House eyebrow pencil, The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Tint, lipstick (whatever shade I feel like wearing that day) and my Nars Nymphea eyeshadow.. 🙂

14. dblipstick
    February 16, 2015 / 8:54 pm

hello, may i ask what shade of ellis faas skin veil did you use? the finish is actually heaven, but they have limited shades 🙁 im NC25 and i have 103 which is a bit orangey on my face but settles in a few mins. I was wondering what 102 looks like 🙂

yours looks like it matched your skin nicely 🙂

lovin your look 🙂

15. February 18, 2015 / 5:49 am

I laughed so hard at the “faking looking alive and decent like you didn’t sleep at 4am marathoning all the TV series the night before”. That’s probably the best description of my daily makeup, hahaha. I usually wear a Kat Von D concealer, a Dior primer and a foundation, some Naked 2 basics eyeshadow to fill in my brows, a Maybelline mascara & some random lipgloss! …guess that’s not a 5 product face makeup, haha. #cantcount

16. Apl Creatte
    March 8, 2015 / 12:00 pm

Limiting to 5 products totally difficult but here is mine
    1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 3w1( Tawny)
    2. L’Oreal Super Liner brow pencil
    3. Nars Blush in Gina
    4. Lorac Pro Palette (1)
    5. Happy Skin in Honeymoon Glow

Shari..do try the Estee Lauder double wear foundation..