Youth-Infusing Foundation

estee-lauder-perfectionist-foundation-3 If you’re a fan of foundations with skincare ingredients infused in them, then you may want to read further. If you’re a fan of the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and are curious to see how this compares to your beloved, you also may want to read further. I’ve had this Estee Lauder Youth Infusing Foundation* since last quarter of 2014 but I wanted to really give it a go for a month or two before penning down my thoughts.  estee-lauder-perfectionist-foundation-2estee-lauder-perfectionist-foundation-5

Youth-Infusing Foundation*

by Estee Lauder
sep
I’ll get right on to it — this is a light-to-medium liquid-to-powder foundation that gives off a beautiful, demi-matte natural finish. The matte finish is very different to Double Wear as this one has a smooth, you-can-still-glide-your-fingers-on-your-skin feature unlike Double Wear’s matte that really “cements” the foundation on your skin which is good for those who need the coverage + oil-control.
Youth-Infusing‘s consistency is creamy but easily spreadable although not quite on the runny side. I believe this foundation is for those who don’t need much coverage as it doesn’t conceal any acne or scarring. On bad skin days when I have a lot to hide, I feel like this foundation acts more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. It also seems to accentuate whiteheads/blackheads when I’ve plenty. But for when I’ve good skin days, this works wonders evening out my skintone and giving off a subtle radiance you can’t quite put your finger on. The finish is a demi-matte that’s not flat, dry-looking or mask-like at all. Skin feels silky and smooth upon touching (which means it is quite loaded with silicones!).
I would recommend setting this with a lightweight oil-controlling powder because it does have the tendency to slip throughout the day. I say lightweight because topping off with a heavy powder may result to caking (although if you need more coverage, topping off with powder foundation may help in that area). I personally don’t set this with any powder on top because I quite like the finish as it dries down.
esteelauder2
These were taken a few minutes after application with a camera phone. You can see my dark circles can’t completely be covered/evened out.
estee-lauder-perfectionist-foundation-4estee-lauder-perfectionist-foundation-double-wearestee-lauder-perfectionist-foundation-double-wear
Youth-Infusing vs. Double Wear
As I mentioned, Double Wear is a true matte high-coverage foundation that’s basically a workhorse when you need to feel ultra made up. I find it quite heavy and mask-like for daily wear. Youth-Infusing is perfect for everyday as it doesn’t feel heavy or cake-like at all. Although as mentioned, it doesn’t offer as much coverage as DW. What I like about it though is you can build it up to medium without worrying about caking issues. But then if you need to conceal more afterwards, you have to whip out your heavy-duty concealer.
The main difference between the two — whereas Double Wear just sits on top, Youth-Infusing blends with your skin. After a few hours, Youth-Infusing’s demi-matte finish sort of dries down and becomes more satin/semi-dewy as skin peeks through more and more during the day (check my cheek area on first FOTD).
sep estee-lauder-perfectionist-foundation
Final Thoughts
As for the skincare benefits – which is why this foundation is sold at a premium – well, I can’t really pinpoint any concrete changes on my skin. This has the Perfectionist [CP+R] Serum infused into it which got a BEST rating from Paula Begoun. Although I automatically reach for this when I wake up with ungodly hormonal breakouts and it always seems to tame them down the next day. It doesn’t clog pores or makes the breakouts worse which is a feat! I feel like this foundation is best for those with mature, combination-to-dry skin that don’t need much or any coverage, maybe just a bit of lifting and filling in.
Would I recommend this foundation? If you have $$$ to spare and are into light-medium coverage foundations, this is a good option to try. Also, because it’s infused with the Perfectionist serum, you get a foundation and skincare product in one. While I do like this for its natural demi-matte, subtle-glowy finish, easy workability as well as the smooth and silky texture on the skin, I feel like it needs improvement on the coverage (only a tiny more) and lasting power. I may let my mom borrow this and ask how it’ll work for her – I feel like she’ll love this more than I do.
sep
Have you tried this foundation or Estee Lauder Double Wear? As per usual, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
*This is a PR sample sent for editorial consideration.

1. January 22, 2015 / 6:54 pm

I kind of expected this to be dewier. When I hear youth-infusing foundation, I assume there’s a serum in it. Youthful sound dewy and fresh. This sounds great overall but for me, it’ll be a pass. I’m more interested in BB’s Skin Foundation (which I’m still itching to try but it’s so $$$)

• January 31, 2015 / 7:10 pm

It’s actually not so dewy, which is what I expected from this as well! I agree that you definitely don’t need this kind of foundation yet, babe. BB’s Skin Foundation would be good for you – but caveat, I’ve recently realized it doesn’t last as long as I would like it to. It slides off on my t-zone (where I’m oily) in like 5-6 hours. 🙁 But still, I love the finish and coverage.

2. January 22, 2015 / 7:13 pm

The fact that it has skin care benefits makes me even more interested in trying! Is this available here? 🙂

• January 31, 2015 / 7:11 pm

Yes it is! 🙂 Around 2,800. Although do try it on first and see if you like the finish 🙂 Also, go around the mall first before deciding to see if it lasts well on your skin type, babe.

3. January 22, 2015 / 8:11 pm

i agree with your points here. this is the foundation i’ve been using and i don’t need a lot of coverage. setting is /almost/ a must. you can get away with it but i agree with you about the oil control just in case factor. i actually like this a lot b/c it matches well with my skin tone, something that’s always a struggle!

Jenn

A Beautiful Zen

• January 31, 2015 / 7:12 pm

I agree, this definitely has to be set with a powder if you’re on the oily /combination side because it slides off easily. The coverage, finish though are good for those who don’t need a lot 🙂

4. January 22, 2015 / 8:14 pm

I really like this one. I haven’t been wearing foundation a lot lately though. And you could totally get away with that too! 🙂

• January 31, 2015 / 7:13 pm

Aww thanks, babe!! But I can never be without concealer.. I might scare off the little kids! :))

5. January 22, 2015 / 8:44 pm

What a great review, unfortunately not one for me to splurge on. I’m not really fan of matte foundations, the first picture of you is however so beautiful. Hihi, you pretty!

X Alice

• January 31, 2015 / 7:13 pm

Thank you as always, Alice 🙂 Completely agree on you skipping this if you’re not into mattes 🙂

6. January 22, 2015 / 9:16 pm

Ooh this foundie makes your skin look glowing. I’ve never tried EL foundations but I’ve always been curious about their Invisible Fluid Makeup. :3

7. Eloise
    January 22, 2015 / 9:35 pm

Hi Misty Mom. I enjoy reading your blog. You don’t look like a mom to me. You look very young. You have great reviews on every product. Pros and cons. Great help for me to decide on which make up to buy! Good stuff!!;)

• April 7, 2015 / 12:58 am

Hi Eloise! Sorry for the late response. But thank you for the kind comments – I appreciate them!!! 🙂

8. January 22, 2015 / 10:30 pm

This has such a beautiful finish on your skin! I sampled it a while back and it is quite lovely. Fantastic that it’s skin-friendly too 🙂

9. January 22, 2015 / 10:34 pm

I have not tried this foundation and I usually like a little more coverage. I haven’t tried any Estee Lauder foundations now that I think of it!

10. Lily
    January 22, 2015 / 11:07 pm

I like lighter coverage foundations, and I can’t wear the Double Wear foundation. I couldn’t find a good shade match and the full coverage isn’t forgiving at all. EL here doesn’t seem to carry the light shades for warmer skin tones. The lightest shade available here is still dark on me 🙁

11. January 23, 2015 / 12:38 am

i love these kind of light coverage foundation
    i definitely will be trying this ,sounds fantastic

12. January 23, 2015 / 5:07 am

I haven’t tried any EL foundations. I am into powder foundation/bb lately because of how fast I can finish my base. Concealer, then powder. Done! I am actually not into heavier foundation anymore after realizing that I don’t really have a lot to cover. I love the highlighted look, or demi-matte, but not dewy. My t-zone always oils up, but I just blot it out, no problem. 🙂

13. January 24, 2015 / 4:29 pm

If foundations don’t give me the coverage I desire, I add a bit of a heavy-duty concealer, like the MUFE Full Cover Concealer, into the mix and it does better, coverage-wise. Sometimes I add the MUFE for color correcting a pink foundation or a too dark one 😀

14. kikaysikat
    January 30, 2015 / 8:51 am

How much is this in the Philippines shari? 🙂

15. February 5, 2015 / 10:39 pm

I agree with you on how light the coverage is, but this foundation is still great! I just wish they launched a more decent number of shades here as the only one I can wear is strictly a summer only one! xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

16. February 20, 2015 / 6:09 am

I’ve been hearing so many raving reviews on Estee Lauder’s Double Wear foundation. I am currently using my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation and may need to pick this up straight after! Your blog is gorgeous. I know I might be a bit late, but from how it was before (which was still an amazing design) it just looks so professional for it to be a “hobby blog”!

EricaRosa

17. March 24, 2015 / 1:42 am

This sounds perfect for me! I definitely need to put this down on my wish list as although I know that estee lauder’s double wear is sooo perfect and high coverage but I don’t need super high coverage and I absolutely love the consistency of this! I need to start saving up now! That demi-matte finish sounds and looks great!

18. June 11, 2015 / 6:59 pm

Hey Shari, how does this compare to Koh Gen Do Aqua. I’m almost done with mine, I’m OC-2 and although meron silang counterpart for this shade in the new line, hindi nya kakulay. I’m 2W2 in Estee Lauder, if I remember right.