Scotch on the Rocks

bobbi-brown-scotch-rocks Happy new year, lovers and friends! I’m back! The short hiatus was due to a mixture of health issues, busy catch-up with family and friends and a legit break from blogging to clear my head! With this, I’d like to extend my thanks to all those who’ve sent in their well wishes regarding my state – reading your messages were motivating and energizing! So now, let’s get back to (beauty) bizniz. For the second day of 2015 — I have here a few beauties from the Bobbi Brown Scotch on the Rocks* collection. Late? What do you mean late? I’m still on Holiday mode. Hee. bobbi-brown-scotch-rocks-2bobbi-brown-malt-shimmerbobbi-brown-lipgloss-scarletbobbi-brown-smokey-mascarabobbi-brown-gel-liner-topaz

Scotch on the Rocks

Bobbi BROWN HOLIDAY 2014 COLLECTION
My favorite from the bunch is definitely the Shimmer Brick in Copper Diamond. I also love the Sparkle Gel Liner in Smokey Topaz as it gives off just the right amount of subtle shimmer in the eyes.
Ever since I tried my first ever Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, it left me hankering for another one – preferably something warmer and bronzier. Copper Diamond was the answer. It contains a mix of candlelight, gold, copper, beige and sand. Blended together, it delivers a beautiful warm, coppery glow. Since all shimmer bricks are packed with glitter and frost, this is best used with a very light hand. This was a LE shade back in 2008 and it’s back now for a limited time as well!
The Sparkle Gel Shadow Liner in Smokey Topaz is a hybrid of their well-loved original Gel Liner and their Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow – just with glitter. I absolutely love that this is dual-purpose! The texture is softer and creamier than the Original Gel Liner, so it’s quite easy to smudge and smoke out.
The Lip Color in Malt Shimmer is a less pigmented version of their original Lip Colors and also contains microshimmer – but don’t fret, it doesn’t register as glittery on the lips as expected. The shade reminds me of a lighter version of 2015’s Color of the Year, Marsala.
The Lipgloss in Scarlet is a dark bloody red that I find pigmented for a lipgloss. It’s not overly shiny, the glossiness is just right. It doesn’t move around much and there is a slight tack to it that makes me feel a tad uncomfortable but then again, I’m not used to wearing lipglosses. I also find it leaves a faint stain after it has faded.
bobbi-brown-scotch-rocks-swatchesbobbi-brown-copper-diamond-swatches 2bobbi-brown-scotch-rocks-fotd2bobbi-brown-scotch-rocks-fotd
Final Thoughts
In the last photo, I was wearing the Scarlet lipgloss on top of the Lip Color in Malt Shimmer. Photo before that, I was only wearing the lipstick. I also may have put on too much of the Copper Diamond on as I wanted it to show up on camera, but I assure you it doesn’t look as overly gritty (and pore-emphasizing) as this when worn lightly. And can you see the subtle glimmer in my eyes? That is the beautiful Smokey Topaz used as a liner, folks. I’ve used it as a cream shadow for a dinner during the Holidays and I’ve gotten compliments on it! Definitely a winner!
Overall, I’m impressed with Bobbi’s Scotch on the Rocks collection – I love her and her team for their dedication to effortless, natural beauty but have to say that they do glam very well, too! Have you tried any item/s from the Bobbi Brown Scotch on the Rocks collection? Do share! While you’re at it, I’d love to hear your 2015 Beauty Resolutions, too!
*These are PR products sent by brand for editorial consideration.

1. _royalsunshine_
    January 2, 2015 / 11:35 am

Hi Shari! Glad to see you back dear and I hope you are doing better. Happy new year to you!
    I was eyeing copper diamond in this collection, it is really just beautiful. It can double as eyeshadow too! Ganda lang! 🙂

• January 5, 2015 / 10:49 am

Hi Meg! Happy new year, darling! Thanks for the welcome back 😉
      Copper Diamond is a beaute talaga – although it made me want something bronzier after trying it on a few times. Something like the Shimmer Brick in Bronze siguro 🙂

2. Toni Elarmo
    January 2, 2015 / 11:51 am

Always wondered why that mascara’s named “Smokey Eye Mascara”, anyway, so happy to see you back! Hope you’re doing well! 🙂 Happy new year to you and your family!

• January 5, 2015 / 10:51 am

Hi Toni! Thanks 🙂 I’m not sure why it’s called Smokey Eye too but maybe because it volumizes and is the perfect companion for the smokey eye look! Happy new year to you too darling!

3. January 2, 2015 / 12:56 pm

Great to see you back! This collection really is lovely- Copper Diamond is a beautiful highlighter 🙂 Happy New Year, Shari! xo

• January 5, 2015 / 10:52 am

Thanks, Jen! 🙂 Glad to be back! Happy new year to you, too!

4. BlushableMe
    January 2, 2015 / 4:05 pm

I love both of the lip products! I’ve yet to try anything from Bobbi Brown, and I think these might be my first place to start. Thanks for the great post! 🙂

• January 5, 2015 / 11:32 am

I recommend starting with their face bases or creamy matte lipsticks! 🙂 Those are my favorites from the brand! The Shimmer Bricks too if you’re into blush/highlighters!

5. January 2, 2015 / 4:40 pm

Gel liners with sparkles? Looks intimidating!!! May fallout!? 😀 Stunning photos as usual, Shari! I wanna save more money this year! Hahahaha! Take care and Happy New Year! xo

• January 5, 2015 / 11:32 am

No glitter fallout at all! The gel is quite smooth too so it glides on easily without flaking. 🙂 Thanks, Laarni! And yes, to saving more $$$ this year! I should write about that 😉 It’s one of my goals too!

6. January 2, 2015 / 5:09 pm

Oh girl, you should really check out Black Scotch: it’s the best piece in the collection in my humble opinion! May 2015 bring you good health, happiness, and lots of fun! xx

• January 5, 2015 / 11:33 am

I saw Black Scotch from a friend, looks gorgeous! 🙂 Hope 2015 brings in the same things (AND EVEN MORE!) for you too, Sunny!

7. January 2, 2015 / 5:34 pm

That gel eyeliner looks absolutely stunning!

• January 5, 2015 / 11:33 am

It is 🙂

January 2, 2015 / 5:43 pm

The ones I’ve been hearing a lot about from this collection is the Highlighting Powders. Nothing but amazing things beaing talked about of course! My current agenda though, is to get my hands on the CT Filmstar Bronze and Glow Palette. Still having second thoughts though. Too indecisive. Haha.

I hope you have a wonderful 2015! May more great things come to you and your family (baby no. 2, perhaps?) 🙂

• January 5, 2015 / 11:35 am

Ahhhh! I will want to hear from you about anything CharTill, bebegurl. I am hands off on her collection at the moment because if I get one, I’m afraid it’ll be a rabbit hole I will dig into further! Baby number 2 not yet! GAH! Maybe 2016! :)) Happy new year to you and your family, Raven! HOPEFULLY 2015 is the year we get to meet up NOH?!?? #LONGOVERDUE

9. Makeup With A Heart
    January 2, 2015 / 9:17 pm

The Scarlet Lipgloss is so pretty

• January 5, 2015 / 11:35 am

I didnt think I’d like it but it’s a pretty shade indeed!

10. January 3, 2015 / 1:04 am

That eyeliner looks gorgeous on you! Very subtle yet making enough impact.

• January 5, 2015 / 11:35 am

Subtle with impact, yes! 🙂

11. Lily
    January 3, 2015 / 8:07 am

Hi Shari, Malt Shimmer looks great on you! It’s a little too brown on me, and I gave it to a friend – and it looked excellent on her.

• January 5, 2015 / 11:36 am

I don’t think it suits me either 🙁 I may give it to my sister – hope it works for her like it did for your friend 🙂

12. January 3, 2015 / 9:57 am

From your photos, it’s only Smokey Topaz that got my attention. I’m biased though because I’ve been wearing the mini shadow stick version of it since New Year’s Eve. hehe

• January 6, 2015 / 5:45 pm

Ahh shucks, the Bobbi shadow sticks! I’ve always wanted to try those. Can you compare them with the Laura caviar sticks? 🙂

13. Jennifer
    January 3, 2015 / 2:03 pm

Lovely review! I really want to try out the shimmer brick. My beauty resolution is to be more daring with my makeup looks!

• January 6, 2015 / 5:45 pm

I’m with you on being more daring, Jennifer! Let’s go for this year!

14. January 3, 2015 / 8:51 pm

I love that lip color even though sparkles are absolutely not my thing! 🙂 And that packaging is really chic!

TheConscienceFund

• January 6, 2015 / 5:45 pm

I like the lipgloss color more than the lipstick! 🙂 And yes, love the packaging as well!

• January 6, 2015 / 5:46 pm

Thanks for the welcome back, pauline! 🙂

15. January 5, 2015 / 1:22 pm

Yay! Welcome back, Shari! Is everything ok with your health?
    You should be a model for this campaign! Beautiful! And you’re so right – Shimmer Bricks are light touch ONLY! Those things are packed with gleam! Love the lipstick. Scotch on the Rocks makes me think of the Neil Diamond song “Love on the Rocks” every time I read it!

• January 6, 2015 / 5:58 pm

I’m better now, Kristen! Thank you so much for the concern 🙂 And wow, you’re too kind dear – can you imagine the press release for that if it happened? “Hear ye hear ye! Bobbi Brown’s newest campaign model – a beauty blogger in pajamas and second-day hair begging to be washed!” LOL!!!