Maybelline Hyper Glossy Electrics

maybelline-hyperglossy-liner maybelline-hyperglossy2 maybelline-hyperglossy2B maybelline-hyperglossy3

The Electrics

Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Liners
My favorite has got to be Lazer Green. I also love Goldiation and Silver Trance equally, but they tend to make my eyes look smaller.
My eyeliner preferences have always been in the black and brown-black spectrum. Playing with eyeliner shades just wasn’t my kind of adventure when it comes to makeup. But I don’t know, for some strange reason, I was tingling with excitement upon receiving these Maybelline Hyper Glossy liquid eyeliners* a month ago. Full on metallic eyeliners, you guys. And in lieu of saying thank you to Maybelline for the kind gesture but sorry I don’t do colored liners – I rushed over to my dresser instead and tried the shades out. One by one.
If you’ve tried the Maybelline Hyper Glossy liquid liner in Black, these are the same wet, glossy formula except they come in shocking electric colors. The shades are poppin‘ in one layer – I think the swatch above can illustrate how extremely pigmented these are. They apply smoothly and evenly as well. Love that it absolutely has no tugging – even if you have crepe-y lids like mine. Sure, life is easier if you tug your lids a bit. But I judge how well I like my liquid liners if I can put them on without having to tug — and this passes the test.
What I also like about these is that they apply with the lightest touch or pressure – you don’t need to dig into those lids to even the lines out or get the color to show up. However, since this is opaque in one go, steady hands are necessary or else you can over-apply easily. The consistency is quite wet but they dry down in a few seconds.
The finish of the Electrics is definitely metallic and shiny – probably not for those who are into more matte liners. I know what you may be thinking… “Metallic slash shiny.. how dangerously it treads the line of looking cheap!” Let me show you how it looks on me and well, I’ll leave it up to you to conclude.
maybelline-hyperglossy-gold maybelline-hyperglossy-silver maybelline-hyperglossy-green
Final Thoughts
Price: PHP329 each Can be found in all Maybelline counters Visit the Maybelline Facebook page for more info.
I found out that these are also water-resistant when I washed my hand and the swatches didn’t budge at all. They are also smudge-resistant as I purposely rubbed out the swatches (before and after washing) but they didn’t move as well. When I rubbed off with more pressure (not the kind of pressure you would apply on your eyes though because R.I.P eyes), that’s when it starts to flake off.
On the lids though, since we tend to be oilier up there, this becomes easier to smudge out. Another good thing about these is that when “smudged”, they don’t bleed or smear like other liners, they turn into flakes instead – which is easier to remove at the end of the day.
If you’re feeling the itch to try something new or just be more adventurous in your makeup routine (or if you were coveting the Dior It-Line colored liners but they were too $$$) — these Hyper Glossy Electric liners should be on your options! There’s also no better season to try it out than now.
*PR sample sent by brand for editorial consideration

December 16, 2014 / 6:05 pm

Recently bought the black and a teal one. Fell in love with the black!! Unfortunately, I didn’t notice that the teal one I grabbed was slightly open so it’s really chunky and kinda dry. The formula of the black one is amazing. So black and so easy to apply. LOVE! Gonna grab some more.

• December 18, 2014 / 8:52 pm

Don’t you LOOOOVE how it doesn’t tug on the lids? I’ve swatched the black one and super black nga siya! I love removing it as well, hindi hassle at all! 🙂 What? Shucks sayang! Hindi mo pwede ipa-exchange? 🙁

2. December 16, 2014 / 7:27 pm

I thought I was the only one with crepe-y lids, haha. I like my liner to be nice and glossy, the gold looks gorgeous!

Hanh x | hanhabelle

• December 18, 2014 / 8:52 pm

Crepey lidded ladies unite! haha! 🙂 Ooooh then you’ll love these – the original comes in black, super slick and glossy!

3. December 16, 2014 / 7:39 pm

Oh my, THAT green! What a stunner! I love the metallic ness of it though, it gives it so much more dimension and pop. The gold is gorgeous too! I really like the black one which I have, so I’d love to try these!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• December 18, 2014 / 8:53 pm

You should grab at least one of these electrics tash! Amazing formula! 🙂 The gold is beautiful, I agree. A subtle pop is what we need sometimes – especially if we’re lazy to put on eyeshadow!

4. Lily
    December 16, 2014 / 8:01 pm

Out of your comfort zone, but these look GREAT on you! I love that Lazer Green 🙂

• December 18, 2014 / 8:53 pm

Thanks Lil:* Lazer Green is my favorite among the three too!

5. December 16, 2014 / 8:43 pm

Haha for a while there I thought the thumbnail pic was a really fancy nail polish bottle and I was gonna be like, daaaaang that’s gorgeous. I really like how the gold and green looks on you! And I think everyone has crepey lids to some extent lol, I know I do for sure!

becky ♡ star violet

• December 18, 2014 / 8:54 pm

Hahaha reminds you of Louboutins? 😉 Nightmare of a polish to store because of the shape LOL! :)) Thank you Becky! I love the Green and Gold on me, too! 🙂 And crepey lids, you haven’t seen mine unprimed… DUNDUNDUN. LOL!

6. December 16, 2014 / 11:07 pm

Funny how I actually swatched Goldiation a few days ago but ended up buying the gold cream eyeshadow instead! Definitely coming back for that liner though. Pero grabe nga, it took forever for me to remove the swatch on my hand!

• December 18, 2014 / 8:55 pm

Talaga?! Sayang you didn’t get it! But yes, good call on the shadow! What did you get? Bold Gold? 🙂

7. December 16, 2014 / 11:30 pm

The green (which totally looks blue) is sooo pretty!~

• December 18, 2014 / 8:55 pm

SUPER! Fave ko yan among the three!

8. December 17, 2014 / 12:41 am

these colours are so awesome! i sort of wish they weren’t so foily looking though

• December 18, 2014 / 8:56 pm

I concur! I wish they were a little less foily. I hope Maybelline comes out with non-foliy ones soon! Something I could use not just for the Holiday season!

9. December 17, 2014 / 1:51 am

I definitely love these liners! I just can’t use them everyday. Hehe. 🙂 I need that silver and gold! 😛

• December 18, 2014 / 8:57 pm

Yes nga – more of pang event/special occasion/holidays siya! 🙂 pero shucks, ganda! Didn’t think I’d love metallic liners!

10. BlushableMe
    December 17, 2014 / 2:56 am

I love the gold on your eyes. It’s subtle, but it is so interesting to look at.

• December 18, 2014 / 8:57 pm

Thanks so much! 🙂 It’s the easiest to wear among the three, definitely 🙂

11. December 17, 2014 / 2:59 am

I’m also more of a black eyeliner kind of girl, but these look so great on you. It’s an easy way to add a pop of colour!

• December 18, 2014 / 8:57 pm

Indeed! 🙂 You should try on you, babe! I’m sure they’ll look awesome! 😉

12. December 17, 2014 / 8:53 am

I’ve tried metallic liquid liners before and on the first swipe, they’re sometimes watery 🙁 This one looks ultra pigmented and I really like how the colors look on you!!!

xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

• December 18, 2014 / 8:58 pm

Yes yes Alyson! I feel you! I’ve tried a few metallic liners before but this one has a nice balanced formula. The Lazer Green looks kinda but I just put too much LOL :))

13. December 17, 2014 / 12:43 pm

I love how pigmented they are, I need the gold and silver ones. 🙂

• December 18, 2014 / 8:59 pm

You will rock the Gold one for sure, Xuvi!

14. December 17, 2014 / 11:07 pm

Wow, they are so pigmented and metallic! Love the vibrant turquoise on you, Shari! xo

• December 18, 2014 / 8:59 pm

Eeeek, thanks Jenn! :*

15. December 18, 2014 / 1:28 am

These REALLY work on you, I love how they add a pop of color to an otherwise neutral look! Goldiation and Lazer Green are my favorites.

• December 18, 2014 / 8:59 pm

I am way too flattered with your comment :* I didn’t think these would look any good on me but I love the shades so much, what the hell!

16. December 18, 2014 / 8:31 am

I like them! The swatches look very vibrant, and they are beautiful colours. I’m not really an eyeliner kind of girl normally, but if I was I would surely pick those up. I love a good pop of colour on neutral looks!

• December 18, 2014 / 9:01 pm

Right? The extent of my ‘pop of colour’ before was a bold lipstick. That’s it. Now, I’m more open to a pop of bold liner on the lids 😉

• December 19, 2014 / 1:16 am

What I love to do is do a neutral look on the lid and then line and smudge the lower lash line with a coloured pencil or eyeshadow. I do that a lot with teals, bright greens and purples. 🙂

• December 19, 2014 / 4:57 pm

I shall try to do that!! Which pencils do you have, Carla? Not sure which brands carry good ones!

• December 19, 2014 / 8:20 pm

I love the Sephora Contour Eye Pencil (my favourite is Surfer Babe!). I also have couple of them from Zoeva and they are very cool (I believe their website ships internationally, and their brushes are also to die for and affordable). Mac Pearglide Intense Eyeliner are very cool as well, they don’t budge one they set.

17. December 18, 2014 / 9:31 pm

I think the price of this went down to PHP 179. Not sure if it’s still on-sale now. I was so tempted to buy. As in, I already had the violet one in my hands, but I chickened out at the last minute. Was so afraid that violet would not turn out to be as wearable as I’m hoping. BTW, silver trance looks great pala on the eyes. I didn’t like it when I swatched, thinking it would look too bling-ed out. Apparently not. :p

• December 19, 2014 / 4:57 pm

Really? Maybe they have kasi baka after the Holidays, it won’t be as saleable anymore! I want to see the violet one 🙂 I think mas non-intimidating siya than the teal one (??) 🙂 And yes, I agree – I didn’t think the silver one would look tamed as it does on the photo. I was expecting it to be more non-wearable :))

18. December 18, 2014 / 11:14 pm

I have never seen this before and they are gorgeous. I probably wouldn’t wear the green myself but I love the other too shades.

• December 19, 2014 / 4:58 pm

Hehe Agata, the green/teal is quite intimidating indeed but for the Holidays – the gold and silver are good companions! 🙂

19. Anon
    December 20, 2014 / 4:09 pm

I think they also have this in black. Wish you could also do a review on that one.