Make it Personal: Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick Engraving

estee-lauder-lipstick
You can never go wrong with lipstick as a present to any woman, right? Not really. You actually can – choosing a shade that doesn’t suit her skintone or giving her the perfect shade yet with a formula that doesn’t sit well on her lips. Maybe she don’t like the scent of the lipstick. Or her friend’s brother’s girlfriend’s cousin-in-law works for the company and they’re childhood enemies so she doesn’t support the brand. A lot of things can go wrong, as you can see – but you know what can eliminate those mishaps? Her name beautifully engraved on the tube.
estee-lauder-lipstick5B estee-lauder-lipstick5 estee-lauder-lipstick5D
All the ladies going crazy picking out lipstick shades! Shades are limited in number so if you’re interested, better run fast.
estee-lauder-lipstick5C estee-lauder-lipstick2 estee-lauder-lipstick3 estee-lauder-lipstick4

Put Your Name on it

It Doesn’t Even Have to Be Your Birthday
Really, personalized anything make the best presents, you know why. Since I had this done at the Estee Lauder event weeks back up until today that I’m typing this, the thrill and excitement of owning a tube with my name on it hasn’t died down one bit. YOU GUYSSSS – I’VE A LIPSTICK WITH MY NAME ON IT!!! AHHH!! There, I let it out, I can carry on with the rest of my day now.
Estee Lauder Philippines is offering this complimentary engraving for every purchase of any Pure Color lipstick. The Pure Color lipsticks come in two kinds – the Long-Lasting line which was what I got and the Crystal line. The Long-Lasting lipsticks are ultra pigmented, long-wearing with a creamy, satin finish – while the Crystals are sheer and come in a balm-like pigment and finish.
In the end, I took home Coral Fantasy, a bright pinky coral shade that I was sure I had similar shades of already but couldn’t find a dupe of in my stash at all. On my lips, it almost looks a touch neon coral albeit a more toned-down version. I love the formula – it’s a satin that sets and doesn’t move around much at all. It also stains the lips so long-wearing – it definitely is. I even had a hard time removing the swatch on my arm (why did I have to make such a humongous ass swatch!?).
I also appreciate the fact that it doesn’t dry my horrid lips out at all. Must be the apricot kernel, shea butter and murumuru butter in action. It also doesn’t accentuate lip lines or dry patches UNLESS it’s layered on more than it should be. One-two layers is definitely enough – I wore this below in one full layer. Wear time without meals in between is around 3-4 hours, with minimal fading on the 4th.
estee-lauder-pure-color-lipstick4 estee-lauder-lipstick-asian-skin
Final Thoughts
I find that I like this formula a tad bit more than the Pure Color Envy Shine range – of which I’ve tried Surreal Sun. They are quite the same in terms of formula only that Pure Color Envy Shine is much creamier and not of a satin finish – which means that they don’t really set. My only qualm about this lipstick is the packaging, I think – I don’t know what in particular but I’m not a huge fan of it. I do prefer the Pure Color Envy range’s navy blue and gold (with magnetic closure) packaging far more, definitely. But then again what did I say about having your name engraved on a lipstick tube? *wink*
*This was a press sample given for free during the event launch.

1. December 2, 2014 / 2:44 pm

This such a pretty true coral on you and now that it has your name on it its even better! πŸ™‚

TheConscienceFund

• December 5, 2014 / 4:45 pm

True that, Divs!

2. December 2, 2014 / 3:02 pm

I had no idea you could get the lipstick tubes engraved. That such a great way to personalize a gift for a friend

• December 5, 2014 / 4:47 pm

It’s a holiday promotion πŸ™‚ Limited time only!

3. December 2, 2014 / 3:04 pm

Wow, that is so cool! Definitely a next level lipstick. The colour is really pretty too πŸ™‚

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• December 5, 2014 / 4:48 pm

The color is almost a bit too bright for me but I can always blot it down for lesser intensity!

4. December 2, 2014 / 4:50 pm

Oh this is BEAUTIFUL! Totally something I’d wear, too! If they were doing this to the Pure Color Envy line, I would seriously think about getting a new shade. I personally don’t have the best experience with this line. The fig scent really gets to me!

• December 5, 2014 / 4:49 pm

Excited for the Pure Envy line to come here!! I really can’t wait!!! πŸ™‚

• December 5, 2014 / 4:53 pm

Thanks Hollie! πŸ™‚ It’s the perfect gift to moms and titas!!

• December 5, 2014 / 4:54 pm

To be honest, I didn’t have plenty of choices – almost all shades were taken :)) It was between this and another one that’s from the sheer line. Learned to appreciate this shade though!

5. December 3, 2014 / 5:26 am

That is so cool, Shari! I can only imagine the excitement! πŸ˜€ The color compliments your skin tone really well, too! I had no idea this line leaves such a bold stain! Must swatch!

• December 5, 2014 / 4:55 pm

It is pigmented and stains quite a bit!! Had to micellar water my arm swatch :)) I’m a sucker for anything personalized so the excitement I felt for this may be too much for others who don’t share the same sentiments I have over a tube of lipstick :))

6. December 3, 2014 / 5:46 am

i’m ‘meh’ about engraving lol. i got a ysl glossy stain engraved and i realize i don’t like the colour that much but i feel like i can’t get rid of it b/c its engraved now LOL> so…that’s the opposite of what your’ saying πŸ˜›

but i’m all on board engraving on of the ester pure colour envy lippies. so a fan of that formula!!!
    and dude, nothing wrong with a neon coral. you’re rocking that shiz

Jenn

A Beauitful Zen

• December 5, 2014 / 4:59 pm

Aww thanks Jenn – for some reason, I love looking at neon corals on others and when they’re in their tubes but seeing it on me – I get a tiny bit horrified. Hah! And thanks for disproving my engraving theory!! BUT YOU’RE RIGHT. If a YSL Glossy Stain had my name on it, I wouldn’t hate it less (UGH. it’s the only lip product I’ve tried that I detest. seriously). But it can make itself useful by being a new addition to my shelf decorations :)))

7. December 3, 2014 / 9:19 am

That’s the coolest thing ever. Totally get your excitement! The shade compliments your skin tone very well although I’m pretty sure it won’t match mine, lol. I absolutely LOVE your pictures – stunning!

X Alice

• December 5, 2014 / 4:59 pm

Thanks for getting my excitement, Alice!!! Us lipstick crazies gotta stick together :)) LOL! But we have almost the same skin tone?! If it won’t match yours – I doubt this matches mine :((

• December 5, 2014 / 5:00 pm

It would definitely be a perfect gift for the special women in our lives πŸ™‚

December 3, 2014 / 4:02 pm

This is so neat!! Wish I could pull off corals as well as you do. πŸ™

• December 5, 2014 / 5:00 pm

Have you tried?? Baka you just haven’t found the right touch of coral πŸ˜‰ Which ones have you tried ba? I find it hard to wear rin, ha.

9. December 4, 2014 / 1:14 am

How lovely! What a beautiful keepsake. And a gorgeous colour too! xo

• December 5, 2014 / 5:00 pm

Indeed, thanks Jennifer!

10. December 4, 2014 / 10:43 am

Wow! What a beautiful color, it looks perfect on you πŸ™‚

Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

• December 5, 2014 / 5:00 pm

Thank you Jessica! πŸ™‚

11. Aye
    January 18, 2015 / 3:29 pm

Where can I do the engraving? And how about the price?

• February 22, 2015 / 2:12 pm