Glazing it Up with The Body Shop’s Holiday 2014 Collection

the-body-shop-christmas-2014 Ahhh yes, The Body Shop – I’ve been a loyal user of their skin and body care range for a long time now. With their makeup range though, I’m pretty much an alien. Which is why I’m super excited to have received this early Christmas present – it contains one of their best-selling body care products as well as a few new things from the brand! the-body-shop-christmas-2014-bag2the-body-shop-christmas-2014-5 the-body-shop-christmas-2014-4

Glazed Apple

HOLIDAY 2014 Collection
Top: Glazed Apple Body Butter Bottom: Glazed Apple Soap
One of my favorite The Body Shop skin products which I’ve used in Grade School all throughout College is their body butter. I absolutely hate lotion (because it was forced on me by my mom when I was younger) but for some reason, I can take these body butters. I’ve gone through tubs and tubs of the Olive variant then – occasionally tried out other scents, but found myself going back to olive. This Glazed Apple variant reminds me of the scent of candied apples sold in winter fairs. It has a sweet, fruity overall scent which lingers for a good half hour only (sadly).
Consistency is quite thick and rich – not as runny as other lotions so you can’t take a little and spread it on your whole body. You really have to work it in – but I guarantee you hydration and moisture. Even my husband’s dry feet softened overnight. But the scent, you guys.. I think that’s the reason I love these body butters. The Body Shop crafts scents beautifully (I remember White Musk being every girl’s signature scent in Grade School).
I haven’t opened the soap yet (I’m not really a fan of bar soaps, tbh) but I imagine it smells just as divine as the body butter.
the-body-shop-christmas-2014-2the-body-shop-christmas-2014-3the-body-shop-christmas-2014-6the-body-shop-christmas-2014-7

Makeup Collection

Holiday 2014 Edition
In photo: Frosted Pastel Eyeshadow Palette and Glitter Eyeliner in Silver
I think I haven’t touched a TBS eyeshadow since I was in High School. I’ve always just been a Lip & Cheek Tint user (have you seen their limited edition packaging?!), dabbled with their Shimmer Block Waves but that’s about as far as I go with The Body Shop makeup. So this is definitely something new and exciting for me.
The Frosted Pastel eyeshadow palette is a mix of greyish taupe, mint and sparkly black – a nice selection of smoke-it-up shades for the Holidays. The white matte is quite powdery, but the grey taupe is a smooth matte with no fallout. The mint isn’t as pigmented as the mattes but applies smoothly with minimal fallout. As for the sparkly black – it performs the same as the mint. With a good eye primer, these apply better and pop out more.
What I’m loving among these is the Glitter Liquid Eyeliner in Silver. It is opaque, applies evenly in one stroke and doesn’t move around much when it sets. It fades quite a bit after 5 hours, though. Wore this out a few times and I’ve gotten compliments even from non-makeup wearers, okay! Good stuff, I tell you. So yes, watch me wear this at every dinner party this Holiday season!
the-body-shop-christmas-2014-fotd2
What are your favorite The Body Shop products? Do share, guys!

1. December 10, 2014 / 7:50 pm

Love that silver on you Shari 🙂 I took a sniff of the apple body butter the other day and yumm it was good! Haven’t bought one yet I think I should hurry!

TheConscienceFund

• December 12, 2014 / 9:07 am

It’s a non-offensive sweet fruity scent that I absolutely delight in smelling! 🙂 Ahhh! Reaching for the tub now and smelling it again :)) LOL

December 10, 2014 / 8:18 pm

Their lip and cheek tint! I just received a different shade of it. I didn’t even know they had different shades. I also love their Honey Bronzer and Body Butters!! The Strawberry and Cocoa are my favorite. Their sets are great too! Especially for Kris Kringles. We should have Kris Kringle!

• December 12, 2014 / 9:08 am

Different shade?! WHAT! Where have I been! I thought they only had one (their forever berry-tinted one) 🙂 What shade did you get? And wow, we have the same faves except for the honey bronzer, is that a shimmer wave or different? Maybe I should’ve gone with that! :)) And yes, agree – perfect set for kris kringles!

3. _royalsunshine_
    December 10, 2014 / 8:39 pm

The glitter liner looks so pretty especially with the eye makeup look! Glam na glam! <3 I think it would like nice with a red lip din no? 🙂

• December 18, 2014 / 9:02 pm

I will try it with a red lip next time! Thanks Meg!! 🙂

4. December 11, 2014 / 1:25 am

Their holiday products are lovely this year! I picked up a couple Glazed Apple products myself because the scent is amazing 🙂

• December 18, 2014 / 9:02 pm

Ahhh! Love that scent so much! Im smelling it right now as I have the Body Butter freshly applied 🙂

5. December 11, 2014 / 2:17 am

I love the scent of glazed apple! I got the body butter, buy 1 take 1. hehe. 🙂

• December 18, 2014 / 9:02 pm

SULIT!!! Super bango noh? Parang ang sarap kainin HAHA!

6. December 11, 2014 / 3:19 am

Hey Shari, you wear the eyeshadows/liner really well! I think they’re too grey/sparkling for me, but I really like that makeup bag LOL

• December 18, 2014 / 9:03 pm

Hahaha!! Love the makeup bag, too!! :))

7. December 11, 2014 / 7:50 am

i like how you used the liner! and i can’t wait to dig into my apple glaze butter soon!

• December 18, 2014 / 9:03 pm

Thanks Jenn!! ENJOY your apple glaze butter!!!

8. Lily
    December 11, 2014 / 9:56 am

Love how you wear the silver liner, Shari. Very chic and futuristic in a way 🙂

• December 18, 2014 / 9:04 pm

Thank you Lily! I like how you think it’s FUTURISTIC! 🙂 Woot! Never thought I’d be able to pull off that kind of look! 🙂

9. December 11, 2014 / 10:03 am

WHAT I didn’t know The Body Shop sells makeup like that! I’ll have to get my hands on that glitter liner, looks fab on you!

becky ♡ star violet

• December 18, 2014 / 9:04 pm

Yes they do – for a long time now Becky! :)) They should rename themselves to The Face and Body Shop :))

10. December 11, 2014 / 1:14 pm

A lot of people have been loving the glazed apple scent! I had a brief sniff of it the other day and it did smell really yummy. I love the look of the eyeliner too!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• December 18, 2014 / 9:04 pm

It smells incredibly yummy! 🙂 Thank you Tasha!

11. December 11, 2014 / 1:44 pm

I just started using the body butter, I love it but I wish the scent would stay on a bit longer as well.

• December 18, 2014 / 9:05 pm

Yes same here! I mentioned above how it lasts less than 30 minutes on me 🙁

12. Elka ♥
    December 11, 2014 / 8:55 pm

The Body Shop was my fave during GS & HS. Oh the memories! I remember collecting stamps/stickers on my TBS card to get something free, lol. My fave was the Olive shower gel, scrub, & body butter. Then I got addicted to their lip & cheek tint and lip balms. Then when I needed, make-up, TBS was my first option for foundation powder, shimmer cubes, and lippies! But the best part about TBS were their massive sales, I hoarded every July and Dec-Jan, either buy 1 take or up to 70%off. I gotta go back with TBS this year.

• December 18, 2014 / 9:06 pm

SUPER NOSTALGIC RIN TONG BRAND NA TO SAKIN! Their Lip and Cheek tint talaga I went through tubes of. And the Olive Body Butter – nako, nakailang tubs din ako! The Born Lippy balms – ilan nawala ko niyan and I’d keep buying again :)) Such a student-friendly brand, this brand! 🙂 And yes, super sulit nga their sales!! Goooo gurl, balitaan mo ko what you end up hoarding! Hehe

13. December 12, 2014 / 5:15 pm

I am in love with your eye make up! So glittery and festive!

• December 18, 2014 / 9:06 pm

Thank you Jhanzey!! :* Happy holidays!

• December 18, 2014 / 9:06 pm

WHAT?!?! Their Body Butters are a good start 😉

14. December 18, 2014 / 9:49 pm

I got the buy-1-take-1 Cranberry Shimmer Lotion instead, since nothing replaces shea body butter for me. Didn’t want to bother with any other type of body butter. (Um…. perhaps olive next time.) I found the Vanilla Brulee to have a cloying scent, so hard pass. I also considered the shadow palette as the take-1, so I swatched. Didn’t fall in love with it, though. Felt meh about the textures.

The signature scent of the girls in school was D&G Light Blue. Until now, nauumay pa rin ako when I smell it. :))

• December 19, 2014 / 5:13 pm

I’ve tried Passion Fruit, Coconut, Strawberry – I always go back to Olive! 🙂 And yes, the palettes are quite so-so. Need a good primer for them to pop out and really last. I haven’t smelled their Vanilla Brulee but it sounds too sweet for my taste 🙂 I’m more of a fruity floral lotion girl. For perfumes though, I’m more into the vanilla/patchoulis 🙂

Oh hey I wore D&G Light Blue intermittently in Grade School ’til Highschool as well! Was just gifted by a manliligaw BWAHAHAHA. I didn’t know yun pala yung uso nun!

• December 20, 2014 / 12:41 pm

You know that Six Degrees of [Separation from] Kevin Bacon game? There should be another one with D&G Light Blue. You’re never too far from someone who’s used it. Hahaha!