5 Lazy Girl Beauty Hacks I Constantly Do

nivea-cleansing-wipes-beauty-hacks-FIRST
There is definitely no shortage of beauty hack articles across the Internet – God, even our pet fish heard about the white eyeliner pencil trick to make eyeshadow colors pop. But which ones do we actually put to heart and practice? I mean, do you really put tissue over your lips and set your lipstick with loose powder? Or use a spoon to apply your eyeliner? Maybe you powder your eyelashes before wearing mascara? Well, here are a few things I actually do which help cut my beauty routine by an hour or so.
nivea-cleansing-wipes-hack-1nivea-cleansing-wipes-hack-2B

One

Yes, I’m on Team Eye Makeup before Foundation. For those on the other team, this sounds so absurd (see some tweets here). Personally, it cuts me major time from having to redo my base should I feel like changing up my eyes or when I make a terrible eyeliner mistake (not to mention shadows with terrible fallout). So yes, I do this because I’m a terrible eye makeup klutz.

Two

One major hair hack I’ve been doing ever since the beginning of time is tying my hair up in a low bun for a few hours and letting it loose after. It feigns the softest, natural-looking waves. Before this, when my hair’s still damp, I put on the tiniest amount of serum to my ends to eliminate frizz. When it’s all air-dried, I apply texturizing spray before then putting it up.
nivea-cleansing-wipes-hack-2
Ultimate Makeup Tool: Business Card
nivea-cleansing-wipes-hack-2C

Three A

I mainly use the business card trick not really to define my eye shadow edges but to set an ending point so as not to apply shadow past that line. I’m not quite a fan of the sharp edges so I still diffuse it after putting down the business card. It certainly saves me time ‘cos otherwise, I’d be wiping away the excess shadow either with makeup remover or concealer.

Three B

I also use the b-card for when I don’t have my eyelash curler with me (or am too lazy to pull it out). It doesn’t curl as well, but it does the job anyway. I do use it to avoid smudges but only occasionally as I find that when my lashes are curled (with a curler), I’m not nearly as clumsy with mascara as I am with eyeshadow. I have never tried using a spoon to apply mascara, though. Maybe one of these days.
Other uses for business card I’ve tried but am not comfortable doing: for drawing the eyebrow tail, contouring the cheekbones and drawing winged eyeliner (this I may have to practice still ‘cos no matter what I do, I mess it up).
nivea-cleansing-wipes-hack4nivea-cleansing-wipes-hack5CCC

Four

I’ve always heard of this hack but never really found time to try it. I mean, I had blushes so why would I use a lipstick? Up until I was “forced” to do so because I completely forgot to pack a blush during a recent trip. Four lipsticks, no blush. And I had no pink eyeshadow with me as well. This hack works really well – especially with cream lipsticks because they blend out with little effort. I will not attempt to try this with a true matte, though (I can only imagine what will transpire. Poor cheeks , just thinking about it.).

Five

I am all about deep, double cleansing when I’m wearing a full face of waterproof makeup on. But sometimes, when I don’t have that much gunk on and neither the energy and the strength to go through my whole half-an-hour routine of cleansing – I turn to the power of the deep-cleansing wipes. I used to think that this isn’t enough to really clean my skin from all makeup impurities, but I was wrong – the makeup wipes of today have really stepped it up a notch with makeup-wearers in mind.
nivea-cleansing-wipes-hack5nivea-cleansing-wipes-exfoliating

Nivea Pure Effect

3-in-1 Daily Deep Exfoliating Cleansing Wipes
Pictured: Nivea Pure effect 3-in-1 daily deep cleansing exfoliating wipes
I’ve emptied out two packs of these Nivea Cleansing Wipes (one from the BDJ box + one I repurchased myself) even before I was sent these new packs by the brand. They come in two variants- the Gentle Cleansing Wipes and the 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Wipes. The Gentle Cleansing wipes easily remove makeup and even waterproof eyeliner (with some waterproof mascara, I do have quite a hard time removing it completely). It is packed with the Hydra IQ moisture effect as well as the nourishing Almond Oil extract.
My favorite, though, is the Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Wipes – it has a soft smooth side which 1. deeply cleanses the face from all kinds of waterproof makeup. At the back, it has a textured side which is used for exfoliating. The textured side isn’t the kind of rough that feels like you’re scratching your face with sand paper – rather, it feels like pebbled leather that smoothly grazes your skin while 2. gently exfoliating it. It also has special anti-bacterial feature thanks to the Magnolia extract that 3. removes and prevents impurities without irritating the skin.
So yes, thanks to these wipes, I’ve learned to cut down my half-an-hour cleansing routine (especially for when I don’t have the time nor energy). And you know what? This method doesn’t break me out! No ungodly pimples popping out of nowhere or clogging issues which I’ve experienced with cleansing oils. I would never go to sleep without taking my makeup off but if you have, please tell me – I’ll send you a pack of these to keep at your bedside table for those lazy nights!

This is a sponsored post.

• December 5, 2014 / 5:54 pm

Hahaha, cheers to us lazy beauty bloggers :))

1. December 5, 2014 / 9:39 am

When I need to look “done up” in a really short amount of time I use tape to create the same affect as the business card. It means amazing shadow and fool proof liner in a quarter of the time.

nueyork.blogspot.com

• December 5, 2014 / 5:54 pm

I tried using the tape but I don’t like that it tugs on my skin – I find it very delicate that area and I dont want no premature wrinkles! πŸ™

2. Marjorie Gavan
    December 5, 2014 / 10:54 am

Nice tips! I don’t really use wipes to take off my makeup, I just wash my face right away. But I’ve used wipes before for the same purpose when I was on a trip and we couldn’t find a bathroom. I also use my lipstick as a blush on.

• December 5, 2014 / 5:56 pm

Ako naman I never go straight to washing my face right away – always a makeup remover first then facial wash pa after. Super tagal ko :)) haha.

3. December 5, 2014 / 3:56 pm

Great tips! I also do the bun thing. It just gives out a nice natural loose waves.

• December 5, 2014 / 5:56 pm

Diba?! What else do you do? πŸ™‚

4. December 5, 2014 / 6:26 pm

Learned the first trick from you! Ever since I watched one of your videos, I’ve been doing my eyes before anything else na! And I also use wipes hehe I used to use Dove wipes, but recently figured that baby wipes do the trick as well :))

• December 9, 2014 / 11:48 pm

Awwww thanks, Erika! :’) Glad you learned a thing or two from me!! I can quit blogging na YAY!! Haha! Baby wipes – gurl magkakaron kang maraming marami niyan soon! One for almost every bag and every place in the house cos it’s just so convenient! haha

December 5, 2014 / 8:17 pm

I use the business card trick too! But mainly for my eyeliner. My hair is naturally wavy but a bit unruly. So I like to wash it at night and let it dry. In the morning when I’m preparing, I’ll throw it into a braid to somewhat tame the waves. Those wipes seem neat! Definitely gonna try and grab a pack (or two. I’m a hoarder..) I have a love-hate relationship with makeup wipes. Sometimes they just make my skin dry and they burn. Others irritate my eyes. πŸ™

• December 9, 2014 / 11:50 pm

How do you use the business card for eyeliner?! I tried it but failed miserably!! :)) Teach me!
      And for the wash hair at night, I do that sometimes too! I just find it a bit of a hassle sometimes ‘cos I never go to sleep with my hair wet so if I’m super sleepy na, tiis ‘cos I have to wait to let it dry. Ok fine, I can blowdry pero katamad diba! Haha. Hmmm, I don’t remember the Nivea wipes stinging my eyes – will let you know asap!

6. December 5, 2014 / 11:54 pm

Nice picks! I often leave my hair in a bun for pretty waves the next day πŸ™‚ Have a great weekend, Shari! xo

• December 9, 2014 / 11:51 pm

Hi jenn! Hope you had a great weekend as well! πŸ™‚

7. December 6, 2014 / 3:00 am

Such a fun post. I do none of those beauty tricks, but maybe I should? It could save me some time, let’s try it in the future! ^^ Oh, and you look absolutely gorgeous in your pictures! πŸ˜‰

X Alice

• December 9, 2014 / 11:51 pm

If you’re not a lazyass like me, don’t start being one!!!:)) Hahaha! πŸ™‚ Thank you Alice my dear!

8. December 6, 2014 / 9:56 pm

lol i think you did a great job with this post (sometimes i think sponsored posts can be awkward and forced. but not this one. so *clap clap*)

• December 10, 2014 / 10:57 am

Hahaha thanks Jenn!! :* I appreciate the feedback, really! πŸ™‚

9. December 6, 2014 / 10:27 pm

I don;t use any of the tricks mentioned since I don’t even know how to put makeup on. πŸ™ But reading your blog has always inspired me to learn but I’ve got no time just yet. And I love how this sponsored post doesn’t sound like one! Super personal talaga! πŸ™‚

• December 10, 2014 / 11:04 am

If you’ve no time, just practice on-the-go makeup πŸ˜‰ It’s easy lang and it completes your OOTD!

10. December 8, 2014 / 12:20 am

Great tips πŸ™‚ I always do my eye make-up before my face make-up. I used to do it the other way around though. And yep, I’ve tried the business card trick to get that perfect eyeliner flick!

• December 10, 2014 / 11:00 am

Another one in the eyes-before-face team! πŸ™‚ I used to do it the other way around as well but always had to keep reapplying my base because I’m not the most talented in eye makeup skills!

11. December 8, 2014 / 1:36 am

Such great tips, especially the business card one for mascara! I often struggle with that πŸ˜‰ Usually I do my base first but I’m going to do my eye makeup first next time and see how I like it. πŸ™‚

• December 10, 2014 / 11:00 am

Yes Sam go try it and see how it goes! Of course if you’re completely fine doing it the other way around, no need to switch things up!

12. Coco
    December 8, 2014 / 2:51 pm

Awesome xx I do the bun curls too

• December 10, 2014 / 11:04 am

Coco!! It’s a neat little trick, isn’t it? πŸ™‚

13. December 9, 2014 / 7:00 am

The only thing I haven’t done is the one with the business cards, I use a facial tissue instead. Anyway, here’s a toast to us lazy girls out there that come up with simple, practical yet efficient means to groom themselves.

• December 10, 2014 / 11:10 am

Cheers to that, Nikki! πŸ™‚ I think I tried using tissue before but it was moving too much πŸ™‚ But yes, effective nonetheless!

14. December 9, 2014 / 12:07 pm

Awesome tips! Never tried the one with the business card, though. Hehe. Might as well try that soon :3

• December 10, 2014 / 11:12 am

The business card has so many uses makeup wise, ah! πŸ™‚ Haha!

15. Tindols
    December 9, 2014 / 7:27 pm

I have tries the business card with mascara but have not tried it with the eyeshadow trick!! Will give it a try..

• December 10, 2014 / 11:11 am

If you want a super defined line, it’s perfect! But I use it just as a border πŸ™‚ When I’m not after the defined edge, I diffuse it more.

16. December 10, 2014 / 6:25 am

Love the style of this post Shari! I dont wear powder eyeshadows too often or dark colours for that matter so Ive always done my face makeup before but Ill have to give the “eyemakeup before the rest” a go sometime! Youre so lucky to just be able to let your air dry . Id look like a crazy person if I tried that:) Ive tried the Nivea wipes but luuuv the clean & clear relaxing ones as well as the Olay ones a LOT!! Thnx for sharing πŸ™‚

• December 10, 2014 / 11:13 am

Dee! Maybe you’re skilled in eye makeup application and don’t need to worry about messing up your base while putting it on – which I struggle with πŸ™‚ And yes, I let my hair air dry most of the time! I’m too lazy to fix it which is why I cut it real short (compared to my old hair) already :)) Thanks for the wipe recommendations! And thanks even more for the feedback!! :* :*

17. December 11, 2014 / 9:57 pm

I love your hacks. I never do my eye makeup before the rest of the face but I need to try it one day. I haven’t tried these Nivea wipes yet because Neutrogena ones are my favorite but next time I need to repurchase I might have to go with Nivea.

18. December 22, 2014 / 8:16 am

Love these hacks! Dying about your fish knowing the white eyeliner trick, bah ha haaaa! After a lifetime of doing my whole face before my eye makeup, I have CONVERTED SUCCESSFULLY to eyes FIRST! OMG, it is so much easier! I don’t know where this technique was all my life! Anyone who hasn’t tried it really should give it a chance! And you’re making me think I need a business card STAT! I love Nivea so I’ll look for these wipes here!

19. Emily Leung
    January 2, 2015 / 12:52 pm

For a long time, i was obsessed with trying no heat curls! In middle school, I remember putting my hair in two braids every night before I went to bed haha! I am also absolutely terrible with a curling wand, and I hate how it makes my hair feel crispy. I will definitely be going back to putting my hair in a bun for nice curls πŸ™‚

Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com