One Sweet Bobbi Brown Afternoon

bobbi-brown-party

Let’s Go To Bobbi

Makeup, manicures and macarons – is there a more perfect combination for a sweet afternoon ahead? Last week, Bobbi Brown invited us for an afternoon of lady pampering that included a short but comprehensive one-on-one tutorial with their makeup consultants – be it on brow grooming, rocking an overall nude look, achieving a gilded winged eyeliner look or a soft smokey eye. Guess which one I chose? It’s quite easy, if you “know” me.
BobbisPartyPH_050 BobbisPartyPH_034 BobbisPartyPH_018 BobbisPartyPH_011 BobbisPartyPH_053 BobbisPartyPH_013
Delicious drinks and sinful desserts by The Skinny Juicery
BobbisPartyPH_064 BobbisPartyPH_099 BobbisPartyPH_101 BobbisPartyPH_109 BobbisPartyPH_113 BobbisPartyPH_122 BobbisPartyPH_289 BobbisPartyPH_173 BobbisPartyPH_197 BobbisPartyPH_189 BobbisPartyPH_027 BobbisPartyPH_289B bobbi-brown-eventbobbi-brown-party

Everything Eyes

Photos by Elain Ojeda, Some by me. Editing by me. Group photo from Mikki Galang.
Seeing as I’m quite the eyeshadow freak (although lately I’ve been cheating on eyeshadow with lipstick), I chose to go with the Smokey Eyes dish from the Bobbi menu. You can never be taught too much in the eyeshadow department. Especially since I still struggle with blending shades without making them look like a muddy mess or messy mud – or both, actually. Fake it ’til you make it, that’s what I always tell myself.
Thanks to the beautiful (and I mean stunning, just look at her above) Tamara Pineda of Bobbi Brown – who was my personal guru for the afternoon – I’m more confident in differentiating a well-blended eye from a blend-it-some-more-gurl eye. The trick is finding the perfect matte transitional shade to blend out the edges + an eyeshadow blending brush that perfectly fits your orbital ridge/crease. She used the shades Cocoa and Slate for my soft but sizzlin’ smokey eye.
Our parting gift for the afternoon – Bobbi Brown’s Everything Eyes book which was just released last March. Beautiful illustrations and non-complicated instructions – it’s like I get this instant confidence that I can slap on an Old Hollywood look in 10 minutes just by skimming through the book. There is quite an assortment of looks (even makeup for those who wear eye glasses!) that I think I need to make a series of. Thank you Bobbi Brown for the lovely afternoon!

1. November 5, 2014 / 8:02 pm

Beautiful photos! HA! I will remember that: Matte transitional shade!

• November 6, 2014 / 12:37 am

It’s the key to achieving that soft gradient if you have two eyeshadows you want to look seamlessly blended 🙂

2. Claudia
    November 5, 2014 / 8:06 pm

Stunning photography, so beautiful. I recently bought the Everything Eyes book and it looks amazing, can’t wait to read it properly.

Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

• November 6, 2014 / 12:37 am

Thanks Claudia! The photographer that day was really good 🙂 All credits to her!
      I’ve been reading Everything Eyes slowly because I want to do hands-on practice along the way!

• November 6, 2014 / 12:38 am

You know me too well now Jenn!!! 🙂 And thanks – the MUA’s brows are WOW, definition of strong brow game! I can only hope to achieve it one day..

3. November 5, 2014 / 8:35 pm

I love Bobbi Brown! Her book taught me a lot. It looks like you had a marvelous experience!!

• November 6, 2014 / 12:39 am

It’s my dream to meet her, actually!:) Such an inspirational woman!

4. November 5, 2014 / 8:52 pm

Oh this looks like a sweet sweet afternoon 🙂 I have attended a Bobbi Brown workshop or two, but it was a couple of years ago. For the moment, I can’t wait to finally see the Black Scotch gel liner from the holiday collection. That one has my name written ALL OVER it 🙂

• November 6, 2014 / 12:42 am

I actually want to get a new eyeliner too – something with a bit of sparkle after seeing the sparkly one in your blog (but one’s that not so shimmering!) — THANK YOU FOR POINTING ME TO BLACK SCOTCH! It is a beaute!!! I think it has my name etched somewhere in there, too!! I want it!! #SunnyEnabler

• November 6, 2014 / 12:45 am

The Long-Wear Gel Sparkle is a little too sparkling as an everyday eyeliner for me, plus you can’t get it on your waterline. I haven’t tried Black Scotch but it is probably safer for the waterline than that! No idea when it’s coming out here though. I was told end of October, but it’s already November and where is my Black Scotch, people??? :p

• November 6, 2014 / 12:42 am

It was!! 🙂

November 5, 2014 / 10:28 pm

A sweet afternoon indeed!! With all those little treats present. 🙂 Early this year I attended a quick workshop from BB because they sponsored by sister’s prom. Tamara was the makeup artist who gave us our lesson! My first impression on her was that her eyebrow game was on point!!

• November 6, 2014 / 12:44 am

Wow, I dont think any makeup brand sponsored our prom! LOVET! And wow, you met Tamara narin! She’s such a babe, noh? And her energy and effervescence are contagious – napapasmile ako sa smile niya! LOVE HER! And yessss gurl, her eyebrows = MAKEUP GOAL. Her eyeshadow game is just as on point, too! #fangirling
      PS – when are we meeting up yooooo! Isnt it sembreak? 😉

• November 6, 2014 / 12:45 am

It was quite a girly girl fun time! 🙂 And yes, take note! 😉

6. November 5, 2014 / 11:12 pm

Looks like you’ve had a lovely afternoon, Shari! You look beautiful! 😉

X Alice

• November 6, 2014 / 12:45 am

Why thank you Alice my love, always too kind!! :*

7. Katsy Faustino
    November 5, 2014 / 11:41 pm

smokey eyes ftw! That wallpaper though = WANT!

• November 6, 2014 / 12:46 am

The wallpaper noh? Super nice! Iniimagine ko nalang na wallpaper yon, nakaka-inspire mag-blog for sure :)Haha!

• November 6, 2014 / 12:14 pm

They are! And thanks Alyson 🙂

8. November 6, 2014 / 7:04 am

Sounds like a really lovely event! And OMG, I adore Tamara’s eye look! You both look so beautiful! 🙂 xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• November 6, 2014 / 12:15 pm

Her eye makeup <3 <3 *heart eyes* Thank you Gyudy! :*

• November 6, 2014 / 12:15 pm

Thanks Francesca!

9. November 6, 2014 / 11:47 am

You are so lucky! 🙂 Love your makeup. Bobbi Brown products are amazing!

• November 6, 2014 / 12:15 pm

Thanks Alissa, and yes I feel very lucky indeed 🙂

10. Lily
    November 6, 2014 / 12:09 pm

The makeup artist Tamara is GORGEOUS!

• November 6, 2014 / 12:15 pm

She’s very #womancrushwednesday worthy! LOL

11. November 10, 2014 / 5:57 am

Looking good again! And those chocolates and cookies look so good too.. Feeling a little hungry now.

Also – Tamara’s eyebrows. Perfect much? I wish mine were that pretty!

12. November 12, 2014 / 4:36 am

What gorgeous pictures!! Looks like such a fun makeover. I love the ( what look like) paintings/gold tattoo-ey things on the MUA’s hands. thats pretty cool..never seen anything like that before. Thats ONE fancy BB store!!