October Favorites

october-favorites-makeup 2

October was quite the busy month. I used a lot more makeup items than I normally would in a month – especially since I purchased a few new things which I tested out religiously. I only picked 6 products (tried to keep it at 5, but couldn’t) because I might be rambling on too much about the same ol’ things had I included more. These six are things I constantly used, despite changing up my blush and eyeshadow shades. Notice I included one lipstick because we were inseparable – Vivien and I.

october-favorites-makeup-2 2

What I Loved This October

Monthly Favorites
Estee Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow BB Cream. But BB creams are so 5 years ago! So what! This isn’t fashion where color-blocking is in one season, out the next. Makeup ‘trends’ have a longer lifespan than your pair of black Birkenstocks. I’ve never heard beauty addicts go “Eww, look she’s still wearing BB cream – the in thing now is ZZ cream. She’s so not trendy.” In makeup, trends are more of suggestions as compared to fashion where it’s more a dictate.
Anyway, this EL BB Cream is exactly how I want my BB creams to be – lightweight, with SPF but sans white/greyish cast and with medium coverage. Not to mention doesn’t fade easily and has oil-controlling properties! Think of it as Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation but less coverage, more lightweight and more sun protection.
Ellis Faas Compact Powder. I just reviewed this here and well, I’m officially a convert. You can tell from the compact’s scratches this was well abused this month – I took it with me wherever I went, never mind if it’s just to the grocery outside the village. I even passively convinced my sister to get one, she’s placing in her order this week.
Bobbi Brown Corrector. I’ve hit pan on this because it’s really the only solution I’ve found to counter my dark circles. When I’ve gotten enough shut-eye the night prior, I can use this alone without concealer, powder slightly and I’m good to go.
october-favorites-makeup3 2october-favorites-makeup4 2
Heroine Make Eyebrow Pencil. Such an affordable eyebrow product that’s easily climbing the top ranks in my favorite eyebrow products ever! It has just the right amount of color so you won’t end up with overdrawn too-strong brows – no frills brow product! It costs Php 345 and will last you a month or two if you’re careful not to break the pencil.
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose. My ultimate glow-inducer this month. If I’m not sporting my natural highlighter which is sweat, then this is my BFF. No fail compliments when I wear this – even from random strangers on elevator rides. This is such a hit I wanted to get Sandstone, the light bronzey one from the Smokey Nudes collection – but had to stop myself because hoarding. And maybe because I wanted the Nude lipstick more.
NARS Audacious Lipstick in Vivien. Do I need words for this? Recently acquired but fast becoming one of my most-used lipsticks already. The attachment is that strong. I’m on the way to having a certificate made to name this my signature shade – but I’ve recently purchased a new lipstick that might be a strong contender for the title.
What were your favorites this month?

1. Meg
    November 2, 2014 / 5:53 pm

I had a hard time finding Vivien when I went to Korea. Turns out it is a Barney’s exclusive! Hah. Did you get yours here in Manila, Shari? 🙂 I just bought my first Audacious lippies (vera and raquel) and they’re still in the box. I am still staring at them. Lol.

• November 2, 2014 / 11:44 pm

Yup, I bought Vivien here – Glorietta to be exact 🙂 They carry all the shades, even the Barney’s exclusives. Vera is beautiful too but on me it pulled more red than plum eh 🙂 And Raquel – nice!! I want to see it on you. Shall wait for your post!

November 2, 2014 / 6:07 pm

I rediscovered my Naked Basics palette! Back in love with it!! Didn’t have the most exciting month, makeup wise. I’m still instigating my ban! Holding off til the 28th of November!!! Hahaha I’ve got 26 days left. Then, I will spoil myself. Mwahahaha. >:) I did start a mini cookie business this month! So that’s great cuz that means more extra cash. Hehehe.

Vivien, you will be mine soon!! Though I’m in no rush. They’re not LE anyway. 😉

• November 2, 2014 / 11:45 pm

No rush – I think they’ll restock naman! Right on time after your ban expires :)) Congratulations on the mini cookie business! Choco chip? Oatmeal raisin? I wanna try! How do you sell them? 🙂

3. November 2, 2014 / 7:11 pm

I never tried the All Day Glow because I was guessing it’d work better for those with drier skin. If you like it however, I have to look into it!

• November 3, 2014 / 12:11 am

I would see why the Double Wear foundation loyalists would dislike this – it has almost no coverage compared to the foundation – but that’s how I like my base to be at times when I’ve a “good skin day”. It’s not so dewy on actually – it feels semi-matte after application (and when it has settled). It does slip midday without powder though, so that’s the downside.

4. November 2, 2014 / 9:12 pm

Woohoo for the natural sweaty highlight! It’s getting so hot over here that it’s become a regular occurence. I’m still wearing BB creams haha, they’re just perfect for me on a daily basis. The Estee Lauder one sounds so lovely. The Heroine make brow pencil sounds great too, I’m a big fan of the products I’ve tried from them!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• November 3, 2014 / 12:12 am

It’s not so special as far as BB creams go – I guess I just like it because it’s not the heavy kind of BB cream that I’m used to (Asian-formulated ones) 🙂 And yes, Heroine Make has some really amazing products esp for their price point!

5. November 2, 2014 / 9:17 pm

You have the most wonderful makeup collection! 🙂

• November 3, 2014 / 12:12 am

Thanks, Alissa:) Heehee.

• November 3, 2014 / 12:13 am

Kill the curiosity and try one on already! 😉

• November 3, 2014 / 12:13 am

Thank you! ;*

6. November 2, 2014 / 11:50 pm

OOh girl yes, you should get Sandstone b/c A) it’s stunning, B) it can double as an eyeshadow palette, and C) it’s LE! I have it and it’s absolutely a beaut. And look at that gorgeous PAN ACTION!! YAS!!!

• November 3, 2014 / 12:14 am

NOOOOOOO. Kristen, I didn’t need to see this! You’re such an enabler!!! Seeing this makes me want to run to a Bobbi Brown counter ASAP (and it’s 12:15am here) :)) I wantttt!!

7. November 3, 2014 / 12:32 am

I’ve hit pan recently on my Stila Stay-all-Day concealer, (which is seriously good you should also try) and I think I’m going to pick up the Bobbi Brown version next. We’re heading into the time of year when my eye circles and nose redness are just amplified with the harsh temperatures and a good concealer is a must!

I didn’t have much interest in MAC’s Rocky Horror collection – but that lipstick looks great!

xoxo
    Kelly

• November 5, 2014 / 11:59 am

I’m about to empty my NARS Radiant Creamy so yes, Ill have to swatch the Stila All-Day concealer (thank you for the reco!!) 🙂 The Bobbi Corrector is more for dark circles because no amount of concealer can hide my dark undereyes really. I have to put that one first THEN the concealer. 🙂 On good days, it’s enough to use on its own.

8. November 3, 2014 / 1:42 am

I’ve wanted to try that Bobbi Brown shimmer brick for sooo long! It looks beautiful. I’m loving Clarins’ Instant Concealer this month – great for hiding dark under eye circles. I loved the Bobbi Brown corrector, but I found it ran out so quickly!

Jill | alittlesoapbox.com

• November 5, 2014 / 12:00 pm

I think every woman should have one Bobbi Shimmer Brick – it’s an instant beautifier! :)) And I love all these concealer recos – I’m on the hunt for my next one. Will check that one out and the Still one recommended to me below 🙂 Thanks Jill!

9. November 3, 2014 / 2:08 am

absolutely gorgeous those picks of urs…have been wanting to buy EL BB cream as after just having delivered a baby, I need products which are fussfree and effortless..cant really do full on foundation bit…hope u’d understand 😉 I have been loving clnique chubby cheek stick in roly poly, again fr its effortlessness… cant tell u how happy m seeing these gorgeous makeup bits after feeling de-glam for so long 🙂 great post as always 🙂
    Smita| missprettypink

• November 5, 2014 / 12:01 pm

Ahhhh congratulations on your bundle of joy, Smita!!! How are the sleepless nights? Hehe. I remember those times, my gosh! I didnt even have time to take a shower much less put on makeup so yes, these slap-n-go BB products with SPF and everything is much needed 🙂 And ahhhh the Clinique Cheek Sticks – I did not expect so much from them so I’m floored when I tried them! They are goooood 🙂 Glad to hear from you my dear!!!

10. November 3, 2014 / 2:19 am

Gorgeous picks this month! Vivian is such a pretty shade on you and Rose looks like the perfect highlighter 🙂

• November 5, 2014 / 12:02 pm

They go so well together – with NARS Dolce Vita as blush! 🙂

11. November 3, 2014 / 6:23 am

Hey Shari! Just wanted to say how much I have LOVED the changes in your layout & blog style the past months. Your pictures are so flawless, and the typography as well as the editing & text is always perfect. Keep it up! 🙂

• November 5, 2014 / 12:10 pm

ISABELLE YOU MAKE ME CRY. Hehe. Thank you for noticing the minor changes – I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart and depths of my eyebags from all the sleepless nights tweaking and changing everything up 🙂 THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

12. November 3, 2014 / 1:37 pm

Love your picks for this month! I have a Shimmer Brick similar to yours but it’s in Wild Rose – it’s pinker I think? Also that BB cream seems interesting!

Catpacking | Beauty & Travel

• November 5, 2014 / 12:03 pm

Ooooh Wild Rose swatches look delish- yes i believe it’s pinker and more pigmented in a sense than Rose 🙂 Im eyeing Sandstone!!! Such a beaute – and now there’s a new Holiday one out! Those Shimmer Bricks are addicting.

13. November 3, 2014 / 2:57 pm

Awesome picks!!! And your photos are wonderful!

• November 5, 2014 / 12:03 pm

Thank you as always Jhanzey!

14. Lily
    November 3, 2014 / 5:12 pm

Vivien looks great. I’ve been wearing Crushed Plum A LOT myself 🙂 And that pan action in your corrector! Great job 🙂

• November 5, 2014 / 12:04 pm

CRUSHED PLUM HUHU. I think the next time I’ll stop by a BB, I may have to grab it already. 🙂 It looks sooo good on you Lily! NO KIDDING

• November 5, 2014 / 12:04 pm

I didnt think I’d like it but I ended up loving it too 🙂

• November 5, 2014 / 12:08 pm

Dig in, Jenn!

• November 5, 2014 / 12:08 pm

Thank you Fanny.

15. November 4, 2014 / 5:14 pm

Wala pa rin akong Audacious until now. Huhu. Can’t wait to get my hands on a few shades, though! Excited na ko hehe

• November 5, 2014 / 12:10 pm

I dont pass by NARS counters na nga kasi super tempting!!! I love those Audacious lipstick good gosh, WHY FRANCOIS WHY!

16. Katsy Faustino
    November 5, 2014 / 11:43 pm

Absolutely loving the styling of your photos and layout lately Shari! Makes me want to overhaul my site yet again. Haha. I need to go and get me something Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown. Two well-loved brands that are still missing in my stash.

17. November 11, 2014 / 4:58 am

Vivien looks beautiful! I’ve heard so many good things about that EL BB cream, but every time I swatch it the shades seem all so pink and I can never decide which one to try. I should ask for a sample! Love your picture, or should I say all of them! ;* xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

18. Makeup With A Heart
    November 18, 2014 / 12:47 pm

I love Sandstone! In my skin tone, it’s perfect as a very glowy and light bronzer without the orange or red undertones. I also got Apricot which is also very nice–got a thing for limited edition things xD

19. click here
    August 27, 2018 / 3:26 pm

Aww thank you for your sweet words Divya! Made me smile 🙂 Please do check out the other posts as well and comment with your thoughts. If you try out these debloating foods, let me know which one worked best for you. Also I did a post on a 3 day detox diet which was more like a kickstart to a healthier lifestyle. You can find that on my EAT section if you are interested. Hope to hear from you again and have a lovely week. Big hug. Best, Ishika