Intelligent Blowdry Treatment

intelligent-blowdry-hair-results-asian-hair To say that I’ve tried all kinds of hair treatments is an understatement. Even before my makeup crazy, I was very much hair crazy already (until now, I guess). I swear I’ve tried it all – relaxing, rebonding, permanent blowdry, brazilian blowouts, all kinds of keratin treatments. Like relationships (before I got married, of course LOL), some work, some don’t – I move along to the next. I’m still on the hunt for the hair treatment that can tame this wild, wild hair very much abused from all the heat styling, coloring and highlighting – hopefully something that can last longer than a month. piandre-salon-fort-bonifacio1Bpiandre-salon-fort-bonifaciopiandre-salon-fort-bonifacio3

Intelligent Blowdry

Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System
If you’re a skincare buff, you would know that Glycolic Acid is an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) that’s mainly an exfoliant and is used for treating acne, smoothing the skin as well as for treating wrinkles and fine lines. I’m an AHA fan myself – I always look for them (glycolic, lactic, mandelic) when I purchase skincare products as I find that my skin reacts well to them (more than BHAs which seem to break me out/make me purge). But I was completely unaware that Glycolic Acid has beneficial effects on the hair as well. You can read more about that here.
So Keratin + Glycolic Acid = a smoothing treatment made in heaven for those with extremely damaged hair from chemical straightening, heat styling and coloring. Its two major promises are frizz reduction and increased manageability. So imagine your favorite Keratin treatment amped up with glycolic acid which penetrates more deeply into the hair shaft. The effects of this union? Keratin’s healthier, more manageable, frizz-free and smooth hair combined with Glycolic Acid’s less hair breakage and higher heat tolerance.
The process is fairly the same as regular Keratin treatments taking up at most 2 hours depending on the length of your hair. I came in around 12noon at Piandre Bonifacio Global City (Piandre salons will be exclusively carrying this Advanced Glycolic Treatment although it’s not out yet – it’ll be introduced by January!) and left around 2:30PM. I’d ramble on about the steps but I figured I’ll illustrate instead.
intelligent-blowdry-treatment-step-1intelligent-blowdry-treatment-step-2 intelligent-blowdry-treatment-step-3B intelligent-blowdry-treatment-step-3keratin-treatment-intelligentblowdryintelligent-blowdry-before-after
I think I’ll let the result speak for itself!
piandre-salon-fort-bonifacio-2Cintelligent-blowdry-treatment-hair3intelligent-blowdry-treatment-hair2intelligent-blowdry-treatment-post-care
Result
I don’t like the very flat-ironed slash rebonded look at all, but blowdrying or ironing the hair is an intelligent-blowdry-after-resultimportant part of the treatment as it “seals” the Keratin and Glycolic Acid into the hair. After the treatment, hair feels a bit dry and a touch coarse – I would describe it as the hair having been ‘exfoliated‘. Usually after Keratin treatments, I feel my hair has thinned out but this one didn’t feel like the ordinary Keratin result – my hair still feels thick even though it has been ironed to almost paper-thin level. Yes, it looks extremely flat right after but when washed off (the next day), your hair’s natural body reappears just void of any frizz or demarcations from previous treatments. The photo below (as well as the first one in this entry) shows how my hair looks like 1 week post-treatment.  This is without any heat styling or brushing – and only using the Keratin Complex Shampoo, Conditioner and the amazing Keratin Infusion Replenisher. The Replenisher isn’t an oil, more like a gel slash wax-like serum that doesn’t weigh down the hair but smoothens it out more and makes it easy to style however you want. I highly recommend trying this treatment! intelligent-blowdry-treatment-AFTER-result-asian
*Full disclosure: I received the treatment free of charge.

1. November 25, 2014 / 10:35 am

this sounds pretty interesting. i don’t have intense frizz and my hair is pretty virgin so the whole process might be overboard for what i need but this is almost like playing chemistry with your hair! what a cool concept!

Jenn

A Beautiful Zen

• November 26, 2014 / 9:25 am

The regular Keratin treatment would be best for you, should you be interested in keeping your hair as virgin as possible 🙂 It doesn’t break bonds or anything (well, this one doesn’t either!) 🙂

November 25, 2014 / 6:14 pm

So smooth and shiny. When we finally meet-up (hopefully soon) I will seriously touch your hair. It looks so silky. 🙁

• November 26, 2014 / 9:26 am

Rayray!! I wish we finally get the chance to meet up soon!! Ano ba, way overdue! Tell me when you’re free! Let’s “shop” :))

3. November 26, 2014 / 2:56 am

I LOVEEEEEEEE your hair! Love the transformation that happened there.
    I need some hair treatment myself… aaah, I miss PH salons. They’re so much more affordable than here!

• November 26, 2014 / 12:09 pm

Oh yes! All my titas who come back for the Holidays pamper themselves here – from hair to body – because in the US/Europe, super $$$$! Thanks Aileen!! 🙂 Where are you now ba? Still in Belgium?

• December 1, 2014 / 4:55 am

Yes still in Belgium and DYING not only from the cold lol but also because everything is so expensive. Gaaaaah. :))))

4. November 26, 2014 / 6:40 am

I am a massive fan of glycolic acid in my skincare and it’s so cool that now it’s starting to appear in hair products too! Your hair looks amazing, and I love your colour too! 🙂 xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• November 26, 2014 / 12:10 pm

I know! Im a huge fan myself – my skin loves GA! Knowing that they have benefits on the hair made me want to try it ASAP 🙂 Thanks Gyudy!!

5. November 26, 2014 / 4:58 pm

This treatment looks promising, though as always I doubt it can fully save my bleached hair. But still, I’ll definitely try this once it’s out in the market + when I have the budget.

• November 26, 2014 / 6:35 pm

I haven’t been bleached so I can’t attest to the extent of this treatment’s smoothing effects for bleached hair. But I’ve colored my hair throughout the years and for me, I feel it’s beyond saving na. This treatment doesn’t make my hair return to its healthier state – but it makes it look like it for now 🙂 Haha! I looove the Keratin Replenisher though. If I can’t keep up with this treatment every 5-6 months, I’ll keep on using the replenisher nalang :))

6. dianne
    November 27, 2014 / 6:22 am

Hi ms shari! Do you know much will the treatment cost? Can you take a picture of your hair aftr washing it? Thaaanks alot 🙂

• November 27, 2014 / 9:46 am

Hi Dianne! I’m not sure on the price as of yet as it’s not out yet but will let you know when I’ve gotten word 🙂
      And I have post-treatment photos above, the first and last photo are one week after treatment. Also here:

7. Jonathan Pound
    October 31, 2015 / 6:06 am

My wife has been looking for hair straitening options. Sleek long hair is in right now and she doesn’t like the daily battle with her curls. Thanks for the information about Brazilian straightening. She’d like to find a longer term solution that flat irons. http://WWW.KIKISSALON.COM