An Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Palette For the Holidays

estee-lauder-eyeshadow-paletteinpinkmink-me It’s only recently that I feel the Holiday season coming up thanks to the extreme every frikkin’ day bumper-to-bumper traffic and almost-weekly Holiday sales. All sound  to just stay at home and curl in bed with my little girl. For beauty addicts around the world, Holiday season could feel as debilitating – with the beautiful, limited edition (!!) items that will make you break your spending ban / low-buy no matter how hard you resist. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about, ladies. estee-lauder-eyeshadow-palette-in-pinkmink estee-lauder-eyeshadow-paletteinpinkmink

Pink Mink

Estee Lauder 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette
Remember my Estee Lauder 18-pan eyeshadow palette adventure? It was okay, not at all mind-blowing or memorable. It performed well for a mega palette but compared to the quads and quints of any other brand – it was pretty mediocre. It did, however, leave me very curious to try a legit eyeshadow palette from the brand. And what better palette to start with than a limited edition Holiday one?
Pink Mink* is a combination of a champagne, a light cool-toned pink, a peachy-pink, a deep chocolate brown and a taupe-y gold. The swatches on my arm look much warmer (the struggle to photograph true-to-color swatches is real). When the two bottom shades are blended, they register cooler and taupe-r than I’d imagined. I do think they complement the pinks very well. And I’m not at all a pink-eyeshadow wearer!
estee-lauder-eyeshadow-paletteinpinkmink3 estee-lauder-eyeshadow-paletteinpinkmink2estee-lauder-eyeshadow-palette-swatchesss
Formula
Save for the champagne highlighter (1), the pigmentation of the shadows are ho-ho-ho-paque! They actually remind me so much of the Tom Ford quads, in a sense that the pigmentation isn’t BOLD or BABAM! but they are almost true-to-pan pigmented in one swipe, as pictured above.
I was quite frustrated with the champagne highlight though because it didn’t swatch any pigment at all – I only got shimmer bits. And then I figured maybe it’s meant to be somewhat like pressed-on glitter as with the TF quads. I mean, it is labelled as a ‘reflect’ on the bottom of the quint.
The formula is smooth, even and easily blendable – in short, what you could ask for in a high-end eyeshadow palette. Nothing unique from the other higher-end brands that are of great quality. I appreciate the thought that the palettes are accompanied with suggestions on how to do a demure, a dramatic, or an intense look so you’ll never have to wonder “SO HOW THE HELL DO I WEAR THESE SHADES?”.
As for the color stories, they have neutral ones (such as Pink Mink) for those who stick to the classics but also have wearable more color-inspired selections for the adventurous (Untamed Teal and Currant Desire).
estee-lauder-eyeshadow-paletteinpinkmink2-me3 estee-lauder-eyeshadow-paletteinpinkmink2-me2
Final Thoughts
I’m impressed with Estee Lauder’s eyeshadow formulas – even if it’s not earth-shakingly unique from all the other high-end brands that exhibit the same quality. One observation – I find it refreshing that despite their almost ‘conservative’ brand image, they are coming out with more out-there eyeshadow shades for the modern women who are open to experiment – ie. Untamed Teal. The name itself sounds like a slight breakaway from the EL image, no? And if that’s not enough to prove to you that they’re totally revamping their brand image – guess who the new face of Estee Lauder is? My favorite Kardashian, if I really had to pick one.
*This is a product sent by brand for editorial consideration.

1. November 20, 2014 / 2:20 pm

I find pinks a bit hard to wear but it’s so pretty on you! I agree Estee Lauder is definitely trying to change it’s image and it’s working so far! 🙂

• November 20, 2014 / 7:47 pm

I find them very tricky too – especially for our skintones! 🙂 I’m glad you’re with me re: Estee Lauder and their image revamping. I mean, they got Kendall Jenner as their new ambassador!

2. November 20, 2014 / 4:45 pm

Still a gorgeous quint in my opinion! Aww I miss wearing pink eyeshadows! Looking beautiful as always, Shari! Bongga ang first photo! Thanks for the swatches!

• November 20, 2014 / 7:51 pm

It is definitely a gorgeous quint!!! The formula does not disappoint. 🙂 Thanks Laarni – tried adding some ‘spice’ to my photos LOLZZZZ :))

November 20, 2014 / 5:09 pm

That fourth shade is a thing of beauty. When you mentioned the holiday season, I thought of Christmas-y holiday makeup (which I love). Also hot chocolate and gifts and the Christmas Cookie Latte.. I love the holidays.

• November 20, 2014 / 7:54 pm

Isn’t it sad that I’m reminded of disgusting traffic jams and the mall sales when I think of the holidays? Haha. Okay fine, and the Starbucks drinks too! :)) BTW when is your birthday bebegurl? I think you mentioned it earlier so Im curious! Tell me. AND THANKS SO MUCH but in my wildest dreams, I can’t even be a designer :)) I literally pester my sister every time I want to buy something because I can’t visualize how it’ll look like in a space a.k.a my LADY CAVE (not workspace na HAHAHA).

• Raven Ang
        November 21, 2014 / 12:53 pm

I’ve been drinking Starbucks straight for the past 2 weeks. My mom’s practically forcing it down my throat cuz she wants another planner!! You totally could be one! You have such an eye for decoration. It’s very evident in your photos. You know how to spruce something up in the easiest way. Even if your background for photos is just plain white, it is in no way boring when you add a little chains or flowers. 😀 Good job on your Lady Cave! <3 My bday's on the 28th. 😉

4. Cheska
    November 20, 2014 / 9:26 pm

Love yer face talaga. Nakakacurious yung facial spray serum na tweet mo last night

• November 21, 2014 / 12:40 pm

Haha thanks gurl!!!! :)) Natuwa naman ako sa comment mo! The serum is super nice! Although I feel it’s targeted towards older women kasi may mga wrinkles na sila and this smoothens them out to an extent. For those who don’t have yet though, like us (I’m assuming we’re the same age-ish!!) – it looks like we have foundation on sa sobrang kinis. I can’t explain it – I have a friend and mom of a friend who use these kasi and their faces are unbelievably poreless

5. November 20, 2014 / 9:45 pm

It looks so beautiful on you! And the shades look really gorgeous in the compact too 🙂 I have the same feeling about the brand, they’re doing cool things without forgetting their conservative image! 🙂 xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• November 21, 2014 / 12:41 pm

Thank you Gyudy babe! I love that they’re opening their market towards a younger demographic at the same time not veering away from their classic, sophisticated touch.

6. November 20, 2014 / 11:41 pm

This is so pretty and I love all the colours! Estée Lauder eyeshadow palettes have caught my attention too ever since they came out with the Raisins Duo!

Catpacking | Beauty & Travel

• November 21, 2014 / 12:42 pm

The Raisin Duos started this beautiful eyeshadow formula, perhaps? It’s a joy to apply! The raisin duo shades are almost all covetable, too!

• November 21, 2014 / 12:42 pm

It’s a beaute!

7. November 21, 2014 / 2:55 am

Such a stunning neutral palette! Wearable, but not boring. Very pretty on you 🙂

• November 21, 2014 / 12:42 pm

Indeed, Jenn! Neutral but not so boring! 🙂 I love that it has a kick! Thanks babe!! :*

8. November 21, 2014 / 1:53 pm

I love that the packaging is simple and elegant! And pink is not the easiest color to wear but you pull it off beautifully! 🙂

• November 24, 2014 / 10:34 am

Thank you Nina! 🙂 The packaging still remains very EL – classy and sophisticated but the new palette shades have a touch of youthful vibe in them na 🙂

9. November 22, 2014 / 3:28 pm

The only Estee Lauder products that I ever got to try were hand-me-downs from my mother. But that was so long ago, a time when makeup made absolutely no sense to me. Now, I’m itching to *actually* try some Estee Lauder products. I don’t know if I want to splurge on an eyeshadow palette just yet, but I may just go for their lipsticks first.

You look gorgeous, btw! Buti ka pa kering keri mo ang pink shadows. Lagi akong inaasar ng friends ko pag tinatry ko. Muka daw akong tanga hahahaha fail

• November 24, 2014 / 10:33 am

They have definitely upped their game AND targeted other markets. Diba dati puro Moms and Titas lang natin nage-EL? I mean now with Kendall Jenner as their new FACE, imagine the tweens and fangirls wearing Estee Lauder? Kaloka diba! Haha.

And ano ka ba, practice lang and finding the right shade of pink that will match your eyes. 🙂 You can see yung pagkapink nito hindi BONGGANG BONGGANG hot pink so mas madali dalhin 🙂

10. Replica
    November 23, 2014 / 2:36 am

I’ve not looked at these yet but the formula sounds good and I really like how that looks on you, I’ll have to check these out next time I’m near a counter x

• November 24, 2014 / 10:31 am

They’re very underrated, IMO. The highlight shade is quite iffy, though. I dont know if it’s meant to be pressed on like the TF quads glitters or if it’s supposed to have pigment. :

11. November 24, 2014 / 2:47 am

All d colors in this palette u can wear
    I hope this come to India soon
    Let’s see

• November 24, 2014 / 10:30 am

You should try this out in person if it does arrive in India, dear! 🙂

12. November 24, 2014 / 9:32 am

It reminds me of the Pedro Lourenco quad from MAC but without the highlighter. Are all the palettes filled with glitter, nacurious naman ako. Haha

• November 24, 2014 / 10:30 am

Hmmm, checked the MAC Pedro Lourenco palette and yah, similar! I’m not sure lang if all the palettes are filled with glitter. it’s not the gritty kind, though – very refined siya. Parang the TF quads. 🙂