Empties: Skincare Products I’ve Used Up

empties-misty-mom Woohooooo!! I’ve finally been able to gather a few empty bottles (and one packet!) enough to put up a not-so-laughable empties post. While there is the excitement in shopping for new makeup/skincare, I find there is this thrill in finishing up products as well. Except maybe for a few skincare items I absolutely love and can’t bear parting ways with unless I have an immediate back-up stashed somewhere. For those asking about my skincare regimen – here it is, you guys! empties-misty-mom2

Skincare

Empties
Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover. My go-to makeup remover for years now ever since my mom introduced me to it way back when I wasn’t even wearing makeup yet. Stays true to its name of dissolving even the peskiest waterproof formulas sans the tugging and rubbing and other aggressive eye makeup-removing action. Leaves an oily film (as expected because it is an oil+water formula) so I only use this to take off makeup at the end of the day and I make sure to double cleanse always.
Bobbi Brown Eye Makeup Remover*. A gentler, less oily formula than Lancome – use this when I’m not wearing budge-proof water-proof everything-proof formulas as I find that it can’t dissolve these as easily as Lancome Bifacil. However, no oily film residue as it doesn’t contain any oil – it may purely be a water-based remover which explains why it doesn’t remove waterproof makeup well. Very gentle on the skin, though.
Shu Uemura Porefinist Gentle Foaming Cleansing Water. Such a lengthy name but oh my, I absolutely loved this facial wash (which I wasn’t even sure of at first – I was so confused with the name, I thought it was a makeup-removing product!). It contains Salicylic Acid and bits of Japonicus Root Extract (boosts skin’s moisture-retaining ability), Pineapple Fruit Extract (exfoliating properties), Nymphaea Alba flower extract (has anti-inflammatory effects). Used this when I was feeling hopeless with my breakouts and it almost immediately helped calm my skin down. Right after using this, my breakouts stopped. Until now, I feel that this was the turning point of my acne onslaught. Bought this from Taste Central as part of a set. Definitely repurchase. I don’t know why I haven’t yet.
empties-misty-mom3
Bobbi Brown Advanced Brightening Serum*. If Shu Uemura Cleansing Water helped stop the acne from developing, this serum single-handedly exfoliated my skin and significantly faded my marks and blemishes. I swear — this was the only thing I was using for 3 months straight and up until the second month, I was still experiencing micro-peeling on nights I used this (not every single night, though). Packed with various exfoliating ingredients that aren’t so harsh and drying – I am seriously a firm believer of this serum. The price is outrageous – but the effects are highly palpable. I will show a before-after photo as well as a comprehensive review on this – very soon. Suffice it to say for now that my skin is almost acne mark-free purely because of this. No chemical peels, whatsoever.
Nivea Exfoliating Cleansing Wipes. Got this from a BDJ Box* and I instantly felt attached to it. Sometimes I use it to triple cleanse – makeup remover, facial wash then this OR this then facial wash OR facial wash then this. I love how it is able to remove every stitch of my makeup (except if I’m wearing waterproof stuff because that involves rubbing!! So no.) that I can NOT double cleanse after. It is two-sided – soft side is for taking off makeup and the rough textured part is for exfoliating. The rough side is not too harsh – but definitely use a light hand especially if you’ve sensitive skin. It contains magnolia extract which supposedly helps prevent impurities and has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. I will be repurchasing!
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel. Got this last Christmas season and I’ve finished it almost to the last drop just this week. Huhu. I loved this because it contained Lactic Acid which is an AHA (exfoliant) so it doesn’t just leave my skin smelling so good you’d think I had rolled around in cotton candy – it makes it really smooth and bump-free as well. Repurchasing this as soon as it comes out this Holiday season! But right now, I’m quite happy using the Dial Coconut shower gel. The smell is addictive!
Have you emptied anything the past month/s?!

1. Makeup With A Heart
    November 8, 2014 / 3:15 am

Wahhh so many good products here. My empties are usually bad products I just want to get rid of xD

• November 12, 2014 / 12:48 pm

What?! Really? 🙂 When I have empties, it’s usually more of products I’ve been enjoying to the last drop 🙂 I barely finish up products just for the heck of it (even if I want to esp makeup!) 🙂

• Makeup With A Heart
        November 12, 2014 / 5:08 pm

I guess i have bad luck when it comes to finding good products lol. Skincare is easy because I use them mostly everyday. Makeup is the hardest thing for me finish–I end up tossing it because it’s dried out or gone bad

2. Bea
    November 8, 2014 / 5:36 am

That Bobbi Brown serum looks right up my alley! I’m dying to get rid of acne scars that have been squatting on my damn face since May. Then I looked at the price here: £63.50 ($100-something). Needless to say: BRUH. *cry*

• November 12, 2014 / 3:49 pm

It’s even more $$$ here in Manila! So I definitely feel lucky winning that Instagram contest! If money weren’t an issue and I get desperate to rid my face of acne scars knowing this worked for me already, I’d repurchase in a heartbeat. 🙂

3. November 8, 2014 / 10:17 am

A lot of makeup brands skincare goes unspoken about, so it’s nice to hear some reviews on the Bobbi Brown and Shu Uemura lines.

nueyork.blogspot.com

• November 12, 2014 / 3:51 pm

I have seen Shu Uemura skincare products being raved about but yes, rarely Bobbi Brown. I think it’s time their skincare range take the spotlight because it deserves all the praises 🙂 I use this and their eye cream, moisturizer and my skin has never been this gooood.

4. November 8, 2014 / 11:32 am

Yay empties! I used to use samples of the Lancome Bi-Facil too 🙂 Haha I have tons of emptied skin care so I need to replenish that soon!

Catpacking | Beauty & Travel

• November 12, 2014 / 3:51 pm

I want to see what you’ve emptied, Pauline! Do a post 🙂 Nosy like that.

5. November 8, 2014 / 12:39 pm

Ok so this is the second time someone has raved about the Shu Uemura cleanser and it sits firmly on my wishlist now! I like a Clarins Instant makeup remover better than the Lancome one, more effective in removing stuff!

TheConscienceFund

6. Lily
    November 8, 2014 / 1:05 pm

Skincare is definitely something I use up rather quickly. It’s makeup that’s difficult 🙂 I’ve just used up my Bi-Facil too! Now I’m back to my Biore one, which is just as good, and so much more affordable!

• November 12, 2014 / 4:00 pm

If Biore were available here, I’d be so happy! I agree that it works just as good! Right now I’m using the Missha eye & lip makeup remover, almost same as Bifacil and Biore, except less oily.

7. _royalsunshine_
    November 8, 2014 / 4:22 pm

I have been meaning to try the Neutrogena wipes. Will try it soon! 🙂 I currently use the face shop cleansing tissue

• November 12, 2014 / 4:00 pm

Do you mean the Nivea wipes? But yes, I’ve heard of the Neutrogena wipes as well 🙂

• _royalsunshine_
        November 13, 2014 / 11:03 pm

Oops. Yep, I meant nivea wipes – I saw them at Watsons and they’re pretty inexpensive. I am tempted to try Neutrogena wipes too.

8. Amanda
    November 8, 2014 / 10:33 pm

I was just curious Shari kung available kaya sa Shu outlet ‘tong Shu Uemura Porefinist Gentle Foaming Cleansing Water? Can’t seem to find it right naoooo on Taste Central’s site:(

• November 12, 2014 / 4:03 pm

I’m not sure, to be honest. I got it in TasteCentral a year ago pa. Maybe check out the Shu counters. 🙂

9. November 9, 2014 / 12:34 am

Wow, that Bobbi Brown brightening serum sounds incredible! Can’t wait for a review 🙂

• November 12, 2014 / 4:04 pm

It’s looong overdue – I know. I’ve even finished it up already LOL! Will do so soon!

November 9, 2014 / 1:50 pm

I haven’t been too religious about my skin lately. I don’t get major breakouts anyway. Just a pimple or two when I’m nearing that time. But I have been loving my TCFS Gazgaza makeup wipes. It’s so small but it removes so much!! It leaves a bit of an annoying residue but I can just rinse it off with water. 🙂

• November 12, 2014 / 4:10 pm

You have youthful supple skin, rayray – you only really need sunblock and a good moisturizer to maintain it! 🙂
      Wait, I love the name ah – Gazgaza!! Hehe. I haven’t really looked into TCFS makeup, must check them out when I pass by a counter/store.

11. November 9, 2014 / 9:29 pm

I don’t know if this is a blessing in disguise or just pure coincidence because I’m actually looking for good make up removers. Anyway, thank you for sharing these products. Right now, I can only purchase the Nivea wipes but I made a note on my planner of the other makeup removers that you’ve shared.

xx Janelle
    Styles & Prints

• November 12, 2014 / 4:12 pm

A good makeup remover for waterproof stuff is a bi-phase one, Biore, Missha have good affordable items that I’ve tried and loved. The Nivea wipes is good but it’s quite expensive in the long run if you use makeup on a daily basis cos you’ll run out quickly and will have to repurchase sooner.

12. November 10, 2014 / 5:55 am

I tried the Snow Fairy thing last year and while I loved it the first two showers, it took me a long while to finish it and it was the smallest bottle available. Soooo sweet! That being said, I do love the LUSH shower gels.

• November 12, 2014 / 4:13 pm

Yes these Lush shower gels – I’ve never tried anything I don’t like yet. Even my husband loves them! 🙂

13. November 11, 2014 / 4:55 am

I was looking at Snow Fairy online the other day and sounded intriguing… But your description totally sold it to me! Bump free body skin? Big thumbs up! 🙂 xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• November 12, 2014 / 4:15 pm

Yes please! 🙂 I am definitely stocking up this Christmas because it’ll be one long year ’til I can repurchase again (these holiday releases are killin’ me!) :))

14. November 12, 2014 / 4:35 am

I think cleansers, sunscreens and under eye creams are probably the only things I ever finish to the point of being empty ( shameful I know!!) . I need to try Snow Fairy !! Congrats on finishing stuff Shari bahah

• November 12, 2014 / 4:15 pm

Thanks Dee!! Would like to see what stuff you empty – share!! 🙂

15. November 13, 2014 / 11:31 am

I love the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, so I am tempted to try the cleanser. Maybe sometime next year, for now I have a lot to get through! 😉

16. November 19, 2014 / 12:03 pm

I had no idea Snow Fairy contained an AHA! I already love it because it smells like Circus Peanuts (basically processed sugar shaped into peanuts…excellent food source for children or ladies with PMS), but now I want to pick up a new bottle! Way to kick up your cacklers on the empties front, Shari!