My Drugstore Eyebrow Duo

drugstore-eyebrow-products What I seem to go through quicker than any other makeup items are brow products. Ever since learning the wonders of eyebrows, I almost never leave the house without drawing them. Especially since I have very shapeless brows that look umm.. interesting, for lack of a better word. It almost looks as if I had a razor experiment gone wrong but it’s just how it naturally looks. Before experimenting with other brow products, I stuck with MAC for a long time – the MAC Lingering pencil (which I’ve repurchased almost 4-5 times) and the MAC Girl Boy brow set (just two of these). Let’s just say these two drugstore products I’m featuring are almost dupes for those! drugstore-eyebrow-products-maybelline-heroine-makedrugstore-eyebrow-products-maybelline-heroine-make2 drugstore-eyebrow-products-maybelline-heroine-make3

Wow Brows

For Under Php360!
Heroine Make Quick Eyebrow Pencil. My love for this is quite evident as seen in the photo of what’s left of it above. This reminds me very much of MAC Lingering pencil in size and shape of the tip. It is very thin and goes on sheerly in one stroke (Yes, sheer eyebrow pencils are best! Put down those pigmented ones NOW) so you can build up as you please.
The shade I have is the lightest – perfect shade for my light brown hair. The best part? This is only Php345 ($7.5) and available at Watson’s. I’ve used mine up in 2 1/2 months, which is the same span of time I finish up Lingering. But repurchasing Heroine Make isn’t as painful as repurchasing MAC at PHP950.
Maybelline Fashion Brow Mascara. The shade I have is a dupe for the MAC Brow Set in Girl Boy. And I say dupe with conviction ‘cos I’ve had a MUA from my grandmother-in-law’s prep team for her birthday last week tell me, “Wow, you must be into makeup. You’re wearing Girl Boy.Oh honey, if you only knew. The shades are quite alike but there are huge differences between the two after that.
The wands vary in shape – MAC’s is linear and picks up too much product so you have to brush it along the opening to remove excess while Maybelline’s is circular and picks up barely enough for one coating. It makes over-application almost impossible. Although you do have to go through your brows quite a few times, especially if you have thick brows. For that,I think the MAC Brow Set would be more efficient.
While I did say that it makes over-application almost impossible, it can still happen. Especially if you’re targeting a specific set of hairs and you keep on applying onto those that are already coated. So what happens? Like in all other gels when over-applied, hair gets crisp and flaky-looking. But for Php359 ($8)? I’m willing to work on that issue for Php641 less than what I usually pay for.
drugstore-eyebrow-products2
This entry contains sample products sent by brand for editorial consideration.
What are your top eyebrow products? Do share below! Drugstore or high-end. I’m curious!

1. November 26, 2014 / 4:12 pm

I swear by K-Palette’s 2 way lasting eyebrow pen!

• November 27, 2014 / 9:47 am

I have it too but it takes longer lang so I use it if I have the luxury of time πŸ™‚ I love using it in strokes as it mimics eyebrow hairs talaga πŸ™‚

November 26, 2014 / 5:16 pm

Eyebrow game is strong! I’ve been loyal to powders because I find them to be quicker and easier to erase if I mess up. I love Sigma’s. But I’ve been meaning to try the dipbrow pomade from ABH.

• November 27, 2014 / 9:50 am

Thank you beb:* Powders for some reason fade so quickly on me πŸ™ As in midday, putol na eyebrows ko. Haha. I guess it’s cos I’m using eyeshadows lang and I’ve oily brows? LOL! I’ve decided against Dipbrow Pomade though. I’m sticking to my MAC Fluidline Gel Creme πŸ™‚ I do want to get Anastasia Brow Wiz though!!! Hay!

3. November 26, 2014 / 7:44 pm

Ooh I’d love to check out that Heroine Make Quick Brow Pencil! Been pretty conscious about filling in my brows lately so I’m interested in more brow-related products πŸ™‚

Catpacking | Beauty & Travel

• November 27, 2014 / 9:50 am

I highly recommend it!! πŸ™‚ You wont go wrong!

4. November 26, 2014 / 7:52 pm

I don’t even know where to start! I use so many brow products.. haha!

My ultimate HG is the Shiseido Eyebrow Styling Compact (the old one, though). I have the new one and it’s not quite the same but it’s still good!

My gel HG is the MAC Fluidline Gelcreme from the Waterproof series. I with they had more color choices. I also like the Anastasia Dipbrow, but like I said on twitter it dries up really easily inside the jar. I think it’s because the opening is huge, unlike the MAC Fluidline.

Believe it or not, at less than 300php as well, the In2It brow compact is so good! It’s waterproof and lasts for a long time as well. I also like the Milani one. I’ve tried the BDB Universal Brow Pencil and it’s so good because it keeps the hair in place, but there’s such little product and I think won’t even last a month if you use it daily. I think I’m going to buy these two products this weekend! The Maybelline one is the only one I haven’t tried. The Etude House and The Face Shop brow mascaras perform quite well also. Ok I better stop before I ramble about ALL my brow products! Haha. You made me!

• November 27, 2014 / 9:57 am

LOVE THIS COMMENT! GURL, you are officially the eyebrow queen. Di ka naman mahilig, noh?!

I remember your response to my Anastasia Dipbrow vs. MAC Fluidline query on Twitter and I think you made me stick with MAC Fluidline. I super love it as well – I’ve gone through one already kaya I’m so distraught of thinking about trying something else :)) LOL. Laki ng problema!

I’ve tried the Shiseido compact in counters but wasn’t so good with eyebrow shaping then so I skipped. Powders seem to intimidate me, I dont know why. The in2it brow compact – powder rin ba? And I think you’re the first I know who has tried BDB – super curious about them!!

I only remembered now, I’ve used Majolica Majorca rin pala -and I’ve gone through THREE refills of those!!!

5. November 26, 2014 / 9:07 pm

Hey Shari, budget-friendly brow products for the win! I am very specific about brow pencils (I really only like the ones that have a bigger tip and a spoolie on the other end), because the pencils with a fine tip will take me FOREVER to draw my brows on. I looked and looked at that Maybelline brow mascara the other day but decided against it, because the tip just looks like it’s going to be too big for my brows! I did cave in and get Benefit Gimme Brow yesterday tho. Tried it on at the counter and liked how it looks! Going to give it a proper test now πŸ™‚

• November 27, 2014 / 9:58 am

GOOD CHOICE SUNNY! I love the Gimme Brow!!! I’ve recently only tried it – it’s my first brow mascara with fibers experience and I think I’m hooked!! πŸ™‚ I feel like I don’t need to do pencil and filling in anymore!! Ahhh!

6. November 26, 2014 / 10:14 pm

Why you so cute? πŸ˜› Is this after the hair treatment? You look so young, parang college lang. I should’ve known about this pencil before I bit the bullet and pre-ordered anastasia brow wiz. I ran out of eyebrow stuff 2 to 3 weeks ago

• November 27, 2014 / 10:02 am

Eeeeh thanks coeurl!! Naman, kolehiyala levels! LOVET!! And yah, this is after the hair treatment! Don’t worry, you didn’t go wrong with Anastasia Brow Wiz! I tried it last week when I saw it in a MUA’s kit and I almost bought it from him right then and there :)) Haha.

7. November 27, 2014 / 1:58 am

Wow these products give such a pretty, natural look! Gotta love budget products that do the job πŸ™‚

• November 27, 2014 / 10:09 am

Yes, I’m with you on that one, Jenn!

8. November 27, 2014 / 2:02 am

I bought the brow gel for my sister and it works well. I was able to use the pencil too, and liked it. Hoping that amount of the product is more though. Hehe

• November 27, 2014 / 10:10 am

Yeah, I wish it had a bit more too! πŸ™‚

9. November 27, 2014 / 6:15 am

Your brows look great! I’m currently using Anastasia Brow Wiz and it’s so amazing… I didn’t want to believe the hype since I’ve never been a fan of eyebrow pencils, but I’m seriously in love! πŸ™‚ xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• November 27, 2014 / 10:11 am

Another Anastasia Brow Wiz fan! ACK! I’m dying here. In this thread alone, I’ve heard about Anastasia eyebrow products.. thrice! I’ve to plunge in and see for myself soon πŸ™‚

10. November 27, 2014 / 10:02 am

I’ve been loving the maybelline brow drama as well! It just adds something more to the brows than a clear gel does!

nueyork.blogspot.com

• November 27, 2014 / 8:21 pm

Definitely! It gives some sort of 3D brows effect πŸ˜‰

11. November 28, 2014 / 10:14 pm

Nice, thanks for sharing! I’m currently using just some gel eyeliner or some dark brown eyeshadow for my brows, depending on how strong I want my brows to look.

• December 1, 2014 / 1:50 pm

MAC’s brow gelcreme liner is my ultimate favorite eyebrow gel liner! πŸ™‚

• December 1, 2014 / 1:51 pm

Roseann!! Nice seeing you here! Another Anastasia brow loyalists (that makes 3-4 of you here pa lang!) – I most definitely will try an Anastasia brow product soonest!

12. November 29, 2014 / 10:32 pm

hm i don’t think we have that maybelline brow product here and these picks are so much more affordable!

• December 1, 2014 / 1:51 pm

What brow products are you using religiously Jenn?

• December 1, 2014 / 9:11 pm

just the make up for ever eyebrow pencil. been using the same pencil for like 2 years. literally, the exact same pencil. haven’t rebought the first one i ever got.

13. November 30, 2014 / 2:38 pm

I began doing my brows with a mascara-type formula, because it seems to look more natural. However, I find a brow pencil more precise when I’m in a hurry. (Especially because the mascaras tend to be waterproof and hard to fix when accidents happen.) BECAUSE Maybelline brow mascara’s swatch was so hard to remove/rub-off, I got even more scared to purchase. I stuck to the pencil instead. Haha. Talk about the opposite of what the product intended. :p

• December 1, 2014 / 1:52 pm

It’s actually easy to erase with a makeup remover (even just micellar water) :)) But pencils are sometimes all you need especially if you don’t have untamed, unruly brows naman πŸ™‚ Which brow pencil do you use?

• December 4, 2014 / 8:04 pm

Amen. Luckily, my eyebrows aren’t all that hard to tame. I alternate between Etude House Drawing Eyebrow and K-Palette Lasting Eyebrow (pencil one, not the two-way one). I’m in love with K-Palette’s brow colors!

14. December 2, 2014 / 8:46 pm

As the bloggers say, your brows are on fleek!

The pencil looks like it’s as teeny as the Anastasia Brow Wiz which is amazing. Tiyaka di rin kailangan i-sharpen haha.

15. Bea
    December 16, 2014 / 10:28 pm

I have SO MUCH brow products! Ive tried NYX brow powder the one with the wax). It works well although i only have 5% brow hair. Used the Laura Mercier eyebrow powder as well. Its alright but I layer it with Girl Boy. I bought an Inglot eyebrow pencil as well, didn’t go well on my brows coz i look like Cara Delevigne on drugs, I also have the MAC fluidline (which I love btw). I also tried Lingering but i only lasted me for a while so i didn’t repurchase. I’ve got a long list of brow products. The bottom line is,my HG would be the K-Palette and coat it with Maybelline Brow Drama! Wala kasi akong kilay eh so that works best for me. I’d like to try brow products from ABH, Nars, MUFE (Aquabrow), and Benefit. Hmm what do you think?

16. ChiQΓΌi Santos
    August 7, 2015 / 4:15 pm

Same here, I have HUGE collections of brow products. The best for me is Anastasia in Strawburn Brow Powder Duo-II. Tried Mac,( Lingering) Sephora line, Clinique, Milani, Physicians Formula (similar with K Palette Brow Pen) I am currently using Salma Hayek’s line Nuance and I mix it up with Smashbox Brow Tech & Cream Eyeliner Palette. Can’t wait to try that K Palette!

17. Gladys R. Olib-Burgos
    February 24, 2016 / 2:04 pm

Have you tried Anastasia Beverly Hills and Urban Decay brow pencils? I like them.

18. Kelly
    November 6, 2017 / 2:50 pm

Nice one I like your brows..I always searching for the brow products that will look natural to me…I currently using anastisia as well so far so good…but I really want to try MAC that’s what rb chanco told me in Instagram haha..