A Chubby for the Cheeks

clinique-chubby-stick-cheek-balm Just when I thought Clinique has reached their Chubby Sticks end with their Baby Tints – I thought wrong. Of course they won’t stop with the original Chubby Sticks for the lips (in two versions + the Baby Tints) and Chubby Stick Shadow Tints for the eyes. They have to go full circle and top it with Chubby Stick Cheek Balms as well! Hmmm, at this rate, I’m thinking they’ll be coming up with Chubby Stick Highlighting and Contouring Balms as well. I’ll be waiting for those, Clinique. clinique-chubby-stick-cheek-balm1 clinique-chubby-stick-cheek-balm-3 clinique-chubby-stick-cheek-balm-4B

Amp’d Up Apple

Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Balm
A cream blush in stick form, this Chubby Stick Cheek Balm* makes blush application effortless and well, hygienic. I love my cream blushes in compacts, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes I cringe at having to think of swiping my fingers into it – imagining the bacteria that’s invisibly formed underneath from countless double dips. Excuse me, it’s the germommaphobe (germaphobe + mom) talking.
Formula is a non-greasy emollient cream which doesn’t have a powdery, velvety finish – but more of a semi-matte/satin one. Pigment is strong and quite dense when applied on the cheeks, but sheers out thinly upon blending. The Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges are sheerer and ‘wetter’ (not greasier) in formula compared to these balms. What I love about these Cheek Balms, though, is I don’t need a mirror to apply it – I could just dab the stick on my cheeks and blend it like Beckham with my fingers. Et voila!
The result? A seamless blend between the cream pigment and my skin that will make you think twice if I’m wearing blush or had just finished working out and am flushing rosy peachy nude (if you know me, you know the latter never happens. The working out part, not the rosy peachy nude flush LOL).
After the 6th hour of wear, I’m still blushing the same light apple hue. So yes, this lasts a good while for a cream foundation (doesn’t beat the Chanel cream blushes that last the whole day AND night). I wish Clinique had named these Chubby Cheeks instead – shorter and catchier, right? I can imagine women around the world telling their boyfriends and husbands, “I want some Chubby Cheeks for Christmas!”
Here you go babe, have some more fries.
*Product was sent by brand for editorial consideration.

November 23, 2014 / 3:03 pm

When I saw the packaging I immediately thought of the Tarte Cheek Stains. And when you mentioned highlight/contouring, the NARS Multiples. I thought this would be a bit redder. Like Angeline Jolie’s lips in Maleficent red. But this seems like an easier color to wear. Sound great and it looks great! On you, especially. 😉

• November 25, 2014 / 9:11 am

I imagined the shade to be a bit redder, too. Although that would make it too ‘out-there’ for me. I like the natural shade of this – how I imagined Tarte Exposed to be – a bit on the nuder side. It’s too pink kasi on me, eh. Have you tried the Tarte Cheek Stains? I’ve before but 5 years ago or so – not into makeup then – and it was too greasy for me.

2. November 23, 2014 / 3:06 pm

The Amp’d Up Apple shade looks so pretty! It’s perfect for everyday use 🙂

Paola // Resuscitate

• November 25, 2014 / 9:11 am

It is! Super easy to slap on pa 🙂

3. November 23, 2014 / 3:23 pm

I like the direction Clinique is going with the Chubby Stick line. Imagine a super compact beauty kit containing just 3 sticks to complete a basic look. That’s my kinda’ thing. Me, I’m hoping they’ll come up with a foundation or BB Chubby Stick. They can do a 5-product face (on-the-go edition) na agad with just Clinique. 🙂

• November 25, 2014 / 9:13 am

That is a great idea no? An all-stick makeup look! 🙂 I would absolutely love that as I’m the laziest beauty freak ever. I love makeup but hate taking time actually putting it on my face. I like slap-and-go products like these on a daily basis 🙂

4. November 23, 2014 / 5:01 pm

Ha ha I loved the “contouring balm” idea! Definitely waiting at the edge for it too! 😉 I swatched this in the store and it didn’t look as peachy as it does in your pictures.. but this is my favorite color in the line! Haven’t purchased it just yet.. I have the blushing-hoarding syndrome so you never know! 😛

TheConscienceFund

• November 25, 2014 / 9:15 am

That’s definitely a new-ish thing – CONTOURING BALM. I mean, sure there are contouring sticks but a contour balm? I’ve never heard! LOL. I love this shade a lot! I’ve been using a lot of these Chubbies for on-the-go days and you know what? I’m thinking of trying an all-stick routine to see if it’ll work for ‘gotta rush’ times.

• November 25, 2014 / 9:15 am

Indeed 🙂

5. November 23, 2014 / 7:36 pm

so i just came back from IMATs and Beauty So Clean was selling these great antibacterial cleaners and sprays for makeup. they looked REALLY promising.

i’ve been seeing these cheek things around the blogosphere but so far haven’t piqued my interest. Clinique seems to be riding their chubby training lately which is interesting. i think the shape/packaging must be a successful seller for me and ppl seem to really enjoy the new offerings.

(hahahah! re: the chubby cheeks/fries comment) the naming can’t be as bad as their bolder lip chubbiest. those were just awful.

Jenn

A Beautiful Zen

• November 25, 2014 / 9:16 am

I’d definitely buy those antibacterial cleaners FOR MAKEUP because it has “FOR MAKEUP” :)) I just cringe at the idea of spraying rubbing alcohol directly on my makeup for fear of messing with its formula. How was IMATS!!!!!?

• November 25, 2014 / 9:49 am

yea its specifically doesn’t alter your powders or anything when you spray it on. sort of wishing i had picked them up actually
        it was great! post going up tomorrow but in general busy as always and nice to run into blogger friends 🙂

6. November 23, 2014 / 8:08 pm

Pretty pretty pretty! Reminded me a bit of the Tarte Cheek Stains which I haven’t tried so… uggggh. I want so many things for my birthday. And since you mentioned Chanel creme blush, I’m finally getting it this week. I’m zooooperrrr eggzoiteeeeed!

• November 25, 2014 / 9:19 am

Congrats GURL!!! Excited for you too!!! Which shade are you getting? You’re the second to mention Tarte Cheek Stain! I feel like that one is a bit on the greasier side compared to this 🙂 I tried one before pero tagal na, I wasn’t into makeup then – and I remember it was so greasy after 6 months, I had to throw it out na.

7. November 23, 2014 / 8:11 pm

Hey, I’d love to try a contouring balm if they ever make one!

This looks kinda light in the tube, but once swatched and on your cheeks, it’s just right! I have the plummy pink one. It’s great when you have to do your makeup in the car/on the train. There is no going wrong with this!

• November 25, 2014 / 9:21 am

That makes you me and Divya the top three beauty freaks on the non-existent contouring balm waiting list :))

Right? It’s so easy to slap on and not mind – something I look for in all products! They should make all makeup in stick form!! LOL

• November 25, 2014 / 9:21 am

Natural finish, yesss!

8. November 24, 2014 / 12:58 am

These are a new favourite for me, I hope they come out with more shades! 🙂

• November 25, 2014 / 9:21 am

I hope so too!! A dark contour one is on top of my wishlist.

9. November 24, 2014 / 1:54 am

Glad you’re loving this! The shade really is gorgeous. I tried it out and unfortunately it ended up a bit patchy on my oily skin. Looks perfect on you, though!

• November 25, 2014 / 9:22 am

Aww that’s too bad, Jenn. 🙁 I guess it doesn’t work for oily skinned though – thanks for the heads up!

10. November 24, 2014 / 2:45 am

I have two of these including this shade
    So far they are my fav blushes :))

• November 25, 2014 / 9:22 am

YAY! What is the other shade, Krith?

• November 25, 2014 / 9:22 am

Thanks, Erika! 😉

• November 25, 2014 / 9:23 am

I bloody love you too, Kristen! ;*

• November 25, 2014 / 9:23 am

Ganda niya! Effortless beauty ang peg 🙂

11. November 25, 2014 / 3:30 am

This one’s so convenient to use, and the wear is good. If set with a bit of powder might prolong the wear even more. I don’t want “chubby cheeks” for Christmas, literally! Hahaha! 😀

• November 25, 2014 / 9:24 am

I’m quite looking forward to my chubby cheeks during this Holiday season – because THE FOOD! Contour contour na lang after, haha!! And yes, powder will definitely be necessary for prolonging wear!

• November 25, 2014 / 9:25 am

I couldnt agree more with you Smita! How is baby boy? 🙂

• November 25, 2014 / 3:23 pm

Baby boy is doing gud..had his 2nd vaccination shot yesterday so was a lil cranky but overall good.. m getting lil used to this life now Shari 🙂
        Will mail you for some stuff 😉

12. expatmuaddict
    December 4, 2014 / 3:37 pm

I have bought one-Robust Rhubarb-but haven’t got round to trying it yet! Excited now tho, I love the look of this one on you Shari, it really suits you

Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx