Budget Beauty: Etude House Color Lips Fit Liquid Lipsticks

etude-color-lips-fit Affordable. Matte. Liquid. Lipsticks. These Etude House Color Lips Fit liquid lipsticks grabbed my attention when I was “researching” on the Gel Liquid eyeliner they sent me. One of my beauty resolutions this 2014 was to explore more of the Asian brands – I’ve dabbled with Japanese (K-Palette, Pixy, Heroine Make) but was too preoccupied on other things that I seem to have overlooked the powerhouse that is Korea when it comes to cosmetics. Etude House will have to be my entry point, then.  etude-color-lips-fit-0etude-color-lips-fit-3etude-color-lips-fit-2

If the Lips Fit…

Etude House Color Lips Fit
I was previously at the NARS counter swatching the Audacious lipsticks prior to entering Etude House so I still had those darn lipsticks lingering in my head. While quietly swatching the liners, an SA – with a super pigmented matte lipstick on – came up beside me to assist me. Of course I had to ask what she was wearing. Care to guess what it was?
These Color Lips Fit liquid lipsticks feel somewhat like the NYX Matte Lip Creams – they apply as liquid but quickly set to a powdery matte stain. They “hug” the lips so if your lips are dry, it will definitely accentuate the dry patches. Etude recommends wearing a lip balm prior – but then wouldn’t that defeat the matte look you’re after? Proper exfoliation + not so balmy/glossy lip balm = best base combo (for any matte lipstick esp if you’re like me who’s plagued with dry lips). But when these dry, they really feel weightless – and as if you’ve just put on powder on your lips.
What’s interesting is these don’t make my lips crack like the NYX matte lip creams or any other drying matte lipsticks do. It may be my lips have adapted and developed resistance to cracking and peeling – but it’s most probably that these Lip Fits are not so intensely drying. Wear time is average – after a meal, it will look more like a heavy stain than lipstick. They also feather a bit as time passes, especially the deeper shades.
etude-color-lips-fit-1etude-color-lips-fit-swatchesetude-color-lips-fit-swatches-1 etude-color-lips-fit-swatches-2B etude-color-lips-fit-swatches-3
Final Thoughts
I’ve to note that pigmentation differs from shade to shade. Perfect Fit Red is the most pigmented – almost covering lip lines and everything else. I mean, look at that. Fantasy Fit Pink is the least pigmented – quite patchy and line-accentuating. But it’s the shade I liked most ‘cos it’s a beautiful coral, so shame it’s the fussiest among the shades. The lightest, See-Thru Fit Beige is the most line-accentuating, sigh. Wanna Fit Orange is an orange I feel like I can pull off as it has quite a a bit of red in it, which I prefer. Because of the intense pigment, I think Perfect Fit Red is my favorite out of all these – it’s a pinky red that reminds me of MAC Ronnie Red.
I’ve a soft spot for these Color Fit Lips lipsticks. One day I like them, other times I feel they’re too fussy. Once on, they feel drying (because of their powdery dry formula) but what’s important is throughout the day, they don’t make my lips any more drier. No lip cracking or bleeding – which happens to me even to non-mattes – so I’m very happy with these in that aspect. However, they settle in lip lines and tend to accentuate flakies and dry patches so it’s like you have to have perfect lips to be able to wear these flawlessly.
So yes, since the formula isn’t so unique in the market, it’s up to you to judge if you need these or not. I personally love the bright shades in this range – as they’re all wearable and not too garish. Not quite apt for the season, but you know what they say, if the lips fit….

1. Aimee
    November 4, 2014 / 7:02 am

What’s your base product here Ms. S? you’re so flawless here;)

• November 5, 2014 / 10:12 am

My base product here is the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions liquid foundation. 🙂 And wow, thank you!

2. Aimee
    November 4, 2014 / 7:09 am

Last question, kapag oo bibili na talaga ko: Are you using BB Shimmer in Brick Rose here?:*

• November 5, 2014 / 10:13 am

Nope, it’s not BB Shimmer Brick in Rose! Its the Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Balm 🙂

3. November 4, 2014 / 7:12 am

Perfect Fit Red is my favorite shade on you, Shari! I really haven’t tried many liquid lipsticks, because most of them are real bummers! In general, I prefer a creamy/glossy finish, because that’s easier to wear. Nothing shouts louder than a matte lippie though!

• November 5, 2014 / 10:14 am

Shouting is true! This is BABAAAM LIPSTICK! :)) And thanks Sunny!! I quite like Perfect Fit Red too – into bold colors nowadays.

• November 5, 2014 / 10:14 am

It’s a beauty!

4. November 4, 2014 / 8:35 am

i really want to try all the etude lip options! i’m glad you reviewed these so thorough cause i think i can skip them since i have more than a few of the NYX soft mattes. not quite the same, as you said, but about similar enough i think.

• November 5, 2014 / 10:15 am

Yup, I feel like they’re very similar so you can def skip these. But I have a shade I absolutely love here that I dont think the NYX Lip Creams have which is a beautiful berry shade – it was out of stock though so wasnt able to get it.

5. Coco
    November 4, 2014 / 10:10 am

They all look gorgeous on you. Your layout looks amazing by the way xx

• November 5, 2014 / 10:15 am

Thank you COCO!! Means a lot to me :**

6. November 4, 2014 / 12:30 pm

I remember getting a few things from Etude House in Korea way back in 2012 and I wasn’t even much into makeup then! The benefit like packaging is what got me! 🙂 Love the perfect Red color on you really bright! 🙂

TheConscienceFund

• November 5, 2014 / 11:09 am

Yes, their packaging is very Benefit-like! 🙂 I havent tried a lot of things from them – just these and the eyeliners but they are value for money! 🙂

• November 5, 2014 / 11:53 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as always 🙂

7. November 4, 2014 / 5:13 pm

I want them! But afraid that there isn’t one shade that I would like. Hafta swatch them soon!

• November 5, 2014 / 11:53 am

Very Kpop kasi – so bright and bold! 🙂 Marami pa ibang shades though, sold out lang yung berry na gusto ko!

8. November 4, 2014 / 6:16 pm

These look really cool, I LOVE the orange! The finish looks lovely too.

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• November 5, 2014 / 11:54 am

The orange is a beaute – not tooo orange that it’s unwearable!

• November 5, 2014 / 11:54 am

Indeed, Rashmi!

9. November 4, 2014 / 8:22 pm

I have only one of these PK002. I’m amazed, they’re quite comfortable for liquid matte lipsticks, and yes, no cracking.

• November 5, 2014 / 11:55 am

I dont have PK002 which is upon googling, Silhouette Fit Pink. Surprisingly doesn’t crack nga, weiiird! haha!

10. November 4, 2014 / 11:12 pm

Not bad for such an affordable offering! Love the vibrant fuchsia shade especially 🙂

• November 5, 2014 / 11:55 am

True! 🙂

11. November 5, 2014 / 10:56 am

I love the see thru fit beige on you!

• November 5, 2014 / 11:55 am

Thanks Erika!! On the verge of being a wash-out shade, actually but buti nalang hindi masyado!

November 5, 2014 / 6:37 pm

These look great! In all honesty, I like my lipsticks to be drying. My lips aren’t too sensitive. Lip balms aren’t necessary for them to survive (but a little extra moisture is never a bad thing!) I just feel that my lipstick really won’t budge if it’s dry. As if it dried onto my lips and it won’t go anywhere else. Kinda like nail polish and hair! Though after a while it does fade. Hahaha I have the worst analogies. 🙁

• November 6, 2014 / 6:47 pm

That is true though, the most lip-hugging drying lipstick is the toughest to remove at the end of the day :)) It’s okay and you don’t – I get what you mean! I like analogies too – I wish I could think of the perfect analogies in an instant. Kinda like how Jesus can think of a perfect parable for his disciples for any given situation!

13. November 5, 2014 / 10:45 pm

Perfect Fit Red looks so pretty on you Shari! 🙂 Hehe Etude House is always one of the first brands people try for Korean cosmetics. Might I recommend the Play 101 Pencils next? I’ve heard they’re really good!

Catpacking | Beauty & Travel

• November 6, 2014 / 6:48 pm

Thank you Paulinee!! And yes, Etude is always a good starting point for Korean cosmetics! I shall definitely try the Play 101 pencils – listing down my favorites shades already!

14. Grace Dorado
    November 5, 2014 / 11:56 pm

I have this in Perfect Fit Red and my daughter is using Magical Fit Pink (which she really loves). Next time, I’ll try See thru Fit Beige bcos it looks good on you. *wink

• November 6, 2014 / 6:52 pm

Perfect Fit Red is soo opaque – it almost diminishes my lip lines and cracks! Haha. Super nice! 🙂 And I personally love Magical Fit Pink too but find it too line-accentuating lang. Enjoy your F21 shopping btw! Nice to see you here Grace!

• November 12, 2014 / 5:37 pm

It’s a beaute!

15. November 7, 2014 / 9:41 am

Nice! I really like these finishes, but, I don’t grab them more often than my usual lipstick bullets. I should stop buying more of these things. Hehe. 🙂

• November 12, 2014 / 5:40 pm

You have these? What shades? 🙂 I feel like I’ll be using a lot of these in the summer – but Perfect Fit Red is quite apt for Christmas naman!

• November 13, 2014 / 12:17 am

Not really the Etude House, but Limecrime & NYX. They have the same finishes kasi. Pero Limecrime Velvetines have loud colors kasi. NYX Matte Lip Cream naman is ok and more wearable.

• November 13, 2014 / 10:34 am

Ay yes I also have a Velvetine – that one is instant drying on me!! 🙁

• November 14, 2014 / 1:51 am

Velvetines are ok with me, but the colors are just so loud. Medyo attention seeker. Hihi

16. November 8, 2014 / 1:08 pm

Wanna Fit Orange calls out to me. I like the shade but the powdery dry feeling worries me. It’s why I never tried the Nyx matte lip creams. #drylipproblems haha

• November 12, 2014 / 5:45 pm

I love WFO more than I thought I would! 🙂 It’s such a wearable orange! Actually cant wait to wear it out more 🙂 And yes, this is not for those who have dry lips – though I find these more comfy than the NYX ones.

17. November 12, 2014 / 4:37 am

ahh too bad…I liked Fantasy pInk the most too!! Some of the NYX lip creams apply much better than the rest Shari. Give Adis Ababa a try – its a really pretty fuschia pink that IMO wears much better than the rest!

• November 12, 2014 / 5:46 pm

I’ve actually tried it Dee, and though I love the shade so much – it’s just that they dry my lips out right away! 🙁 Huhu.