Blazin’

hm-blazerBhm-blazer-3hm-blazer4Bhm-blazer5hm-blazer3

Blazin’

One thing that didn’t change in my style preference other than a pair of good-fitting jeans is my favorite piece of clothing – blazer. Don’t care if I’m sweating balls from the heat – I’d gladly go through the trouble of taking it off, lugging it around awkwardly and putting it back on once inside air-conditioned territory. And that’s coming from someone claiming to be in the comfort over fashion team. A blazer just has that power to transform an outfit – any outfit doesn’t matter if you’re wearing a three-day-old wifebeater and shorts with sneakers or a pair of casual denim pants and a simple sleeveless blouse (like what I’m wearing above), you’re sure to look like you mean bizniz. I swear, no one will notice you’re actually just wearing house clothing underneath. So of course, during the H&M launch – where does predictable me head to first? You guessed it – the food. I’m a fan of Margarita Fores’ Cibo so I hunted those servers down one by one in the whole store. Only afterwards did I notice the clothes – oh yeah, I’m supposed to be here for this. Most of the items made me cringe at the thought of wearing here in tropical Manila – heavier-than-the-models fur coats, thick leather jackets – it was Fall collection after all. I retreated quietly to the blazers and cardigans and basic predictable-me loose blouses that when I went to fit them all – they all seemed to look alike. Anyway, long story short – one of the non-monochrome pieces I ended up going home with this muted pastel pink blazer. The inner white blouse is also from H&M – I probably have x blouses like this but I’m always sucked in to them. Also, just to illustrate my slight obsession with these things, I created a flashback collage featuring my dusty trusty blazers. blazers If you’re into online shopping, don’t forget to check out discounts on beauty products before going ahead with your purchase. Cuponation is one of the largest coupon portal which offers discount coupons and vouchers especially designed to meet the needs of all the online shoppers.

October 26, 2014 / 2:59 pm

I cannot, for the life of me, wear a blazer here in the Philippines. It’s just too hot. I have really sensitive skin (due to my eczema) and if I get to hot, all my rashes are activated like someone pushed a button in my system. 🙁 But that’s a really super cute blazer. My fave one is from prood because it’s monochrome. Black and white are staples for me because I can match any lipcolor with it. 😉

• October 30, 2014 / 8:55 pm

I usually have no tolerance either but I just love blazers! But if i had eczema, I would definitely not push through with it! And that’s true about monochrome clothing – you dont need to think about your makeup look. But then I never really coordinate my makeup with my outfit — or is that just because I’m usually in black or white or grey it doesn’t matter anyway :’)) Wait, where is/what is “prood”? Gurl tagal ko inisip talaga if brand ba yan or what!

• Raven Ang
        October 31, 2014 / 1:54 pm

Woops! Hahaha meant Promod!!

2. October 26, 2014 / 7:10 pm

So fresh, I love it! And yes to blazers! I have quite a number in my closet as well – I love they instantly make me look so dressed up!

• October 30, 2014 / 8:55 pm

Right?! 🙂 Thanks, Erika!

3. October 27, 2014 / 5:24 am

I loooove blazers! Super cute in this one from H&M – I love the color on you!

• October 30, 2014 / 8:56 pm

I dont really like pink clothes but this one didnt look TOO pink so yes!

4. October 27, 2014 / 6:11 am

What a lovely look! The soft pink shade of the blazer is beautiful 🙂

• October 30, 2014 / 8:56 pm

Indeed! Thanks Jennifer :**

• October 30, 2014 / 8:56 pm

Thank you zoe!

5. October 28, 2014 / 3:02 am

This is my ‘office uniform’. Business seryoso na agad ang dating with blazer kahit naka-jeans and shirt.

• October 30, 2014 / 8:57 pm

This was my office staple too. I used to wear almost ‘party’ clothes going to work then (look at the lower right photo on the collage LOLZZ) but with a black blazer, I feign business corporate easily 🙂 HAHAHA

6. jen
    October 28, 2014 / 8:48 am

Aaaahh.. Misty Mom. How are you? Finally found it your online nook. I loooove your photos and how cute you are. I just hope I’m that fashionista as you (but I love my pair of jeans and shirt) because you are so sophisticated.

Keep it up Darling! 🙂

• October 30, 2014 / 8:58 pm

Thank you Jen! Far from being fashionista but thank you 🙂 I’m wearing just jeans and shirt (well, sleeveless blouse) here rin naman – but just dressed up with blazer and heels 🙂