What I Wore: A Skirt and Sneaker Casual Combo

themistymom-sneakers10 Another OOTD means I spent another afternoon with my sister. I only ever get to take these when I’m with her, I told you guys that right? I can’t imagine Enzo taking these, we’d for sure just end up in laughing fits with one blurry photo to tell of the tale. But yes, this was an outfit that “needed” to be documented as I’m almost never in sneakers and short skirts anymore these days.  themistymom-sneakersBthemistymom-sneakers6 Enzo did a double take when he saw me in this outfit. “Who are you and what have you done to the real Shari? Why is she in sneakers? Is this for real?” I’m not surprised by his reaction – I mean, it’s not a secret I’m rarely in sneakers. And by rarely, I mean, you’re more likely to see me in blue lipstick than in a pair of Chucks. I just don’t like the thought of wrapping my feet in socks and then burying them under covered shoes in this tropical climate. It’s like wearing a jacket at the beach. You know what I mean? But I must admit, I forgot how comfortable walking in them feels (even more comfortable than ballet flats or sandals which tire my feet easily as if I’ve flat feet. Take note: I don’t). It may be that I’m so used to subjecting my feet to torturous high hellish heels that them feeling like queens in their own castles… weird. Don’t get me wrong, I was (operative word: WAS) quite used to wearing heels, heck I can even run in them – but for some reason, I’ve now been lured into a sneaker phase. themistymom-sneakers8
Outfit Details Top: Topshop   |   Skirt: Bangkok Market   | Sneakers: World Balance   |   Bag: Kate Spade
themistymom-sneakers9themistymom-sneakers4 And I feel that it’s sort of like being tempted to get into lip liner (something you don’t bother with before but this one time you try it on, you feel like it does wonders for your lipstick application that you suddenly want to buy all the shades to match your lipsticks). Women and our shopping dilemmas! So anyway, to buy sneakers or not to buy sneakers.. that is the question of the day! If yes – do I go for black, white or baby blue?

PricePanda Philippines

I’ve also been searching for pairs online because I rarely get the chance to go out to the malls and actually have time to try on pair after pair. I discovered this particular site, PricePanda Philippines*, which collates all brands, styles and designs of shoes, clothing and accessories allowing you to compare the different prices of the local e-tailers here in the Philippines. In turn, you’re sure to get the best price online always. Apart from shoes, I’ve especially been enjoying seeing their clothing section which features brands like River Island and Mango (my all-time go-to store). Did I mention they also have beauty products in their site as well? At the moment, I believe they’re only in start-up mode so more e-tailers and products are still on the way. Can’t wait for them to include more online stores so it becomes a one-stop online shop. Where do you go to for your online shopping needs?

1. iamdriza
    October 16, 2014 / 6:56 pm

I am so in love with your Kate Spade Bag! 🙂

• October 17, 2014 / 12:31 pm

It’s my sister’s, actually 🙂 She just loaned it to me for the day HAHA

October 16, 2014 / 6:59 pm

Ha! I only go online shopping for makeup. 😉 I love your makeup here! So glowy and radiant.

• October 17, 2014 / 12:33 pm

I actually don’t shop clothes anymore but seeing how there are Mango items in Zalora that are cheaper than in the actual store, I am a convert. :)) I only took notice recently actually! My sister bought a bag the other week that’s cheaper in Zalora than in the store. :)) Inis na inis siya ngayon haha.

3. meg
    October 16, 2014 / 7:18 pm

Love the skirt and sneaks combo! 🙂 so pretty <3

• October 17, 2014 / 12:33 pm

Thank you Meg! 🙂

4. October 16, 2014 / 7:21 pm

Love your whole outfit! Infairness, sobrang carry mo the Converse! <3

• October 17, 2014 / 12:34 pm

Ay thanks naman Romz! Minsan lang yan :)) And it’s not Converse, btw – World Balance sneakers siya 🙂

• October 17, 2014 / 12:34 pm

5. October 16, 2014 / 9:27 pm

The combo is just right, Shari! <3 I actually like wearing sneakers a lot. I think you can never go wrong with it esp when it comes to casual clothing 😉 You should def have a pair of both white and black! 🙂

For shopping needs, I'm not the one who goes online for that. Although, I've tried ZALORA twice (it was also the first online shop I've gone to) but that was just to try their service after them asking me to be one of their blog ambassadors. Hehe

• October 17, 2014 / 1:09 pm

Yani!! Thank you for your thoughts – I appreciate it!! 🙂 I tried a pair of black sneakers pero it looked off on me – parang di bagay! Ill try again nga 🙂

I actually checked zalora out through the pricepanda site and I’m amazed ah, it’s much easier to navigate through now (plus i like their new layout/interface) 🙂

6. October 16, 2014 / 9:34 pm

You really looked different on these shots. Must be the angle? Your skin is glowing! xo

• October 17, 2014 / 1:10 pm

I hope different in a … good way? Haha! I think its cos I always post close up FOTD shots that my face from a farther view looks different HAHA. :)) Thanks Laarni!!

7. October 16, 2014 / 10:32 pm

I looove this top 😛 OMG are you gonna be a fashion blogger na? Huhuhu don’t leave us 🙁

• October 17, 2014 / 1:13 pm

GURL ANONG FASHION BLOGGER. Kahiya naman sa mga totoong fashion blogger :)) I dont have the ‘fashion’ to be called one :)) I’m just an OOTD blogger HAHAHA. Seriously though, I’m just mixing things up on the blog so it doesn’t get tiring seeing one product post after another 🙂

8. October 16, 2014 / 11:42 pm

I am a fan of your OOTDs as always! I love this look on you. Simple yet still edgy. I also feel uneasy wearing sneakers under our climate. Feet sweat a lot! If only I can wear just fitflops everyday. Hehe. I also want to wear high heels, pero di ko talaga keri. Nalulula ako because I am already tall, weird noh! But, I wanted to get a pair of wedge or platforms. Cute nila. 🙂

• October 17, 2014 / 1:15 pm

Aww thanks Juvy!! :’) Means a lot. Haha! I’m not trendy (nor am I trying to be) or whatever so this is more like a legit “What I Wore Today” than anything else. And I’m glad I’m not alone in the sweaty feet conundrum :)) Also, yes yes – you don’t need heels cos youre tall na! Gulat nga ako when I saw you – I wish I had your height!

9. October 17, 2014 / 8:07 am

hmmmm you already have white so i’d go with black!
    and i wish i knew how to rock heels more often but my feet are wide and they just don’t fit nicely into anything too stylish 🙁

• October 17, 2014 / 1:17 pm

I dont have stylish heels – just the basic pumps, wedges, etc. I’m not so gifted with height so I like wearing heels if I could 🙂 My pairs always come with confidence, which is what I love most about them 😉 LOL

10. Bea
    October 17, 2014 / 3:35 pm

What lipstick you wearing here? Love it!

• October 21, 2014 / 10:46 am

NARS Vivien! ;*

11. October 19, 2014 / 8:15 am

The sneakers with the skirt are ultra cute! Such a pretty, classic bag too 🙂

• October 21, 2014 / 10:47 am

Thanks Jenn! I’m all about the classic aka untrendy, safe pieces :’))

12. October 19, 2014 / 5:24 pm

White sneakers look fresh! I like pairing them with shorts and polo shirts.

• October 21, 2014 / 10:47 am

Agree! They look great with polo shirts (although I’m almost never in one!) and shorts 🙂

13. cheekeegirl
    November 11, 2014 / 2:29 pm

nice casual get-up! approve!