Vamping it Up with Dior Lipstick in Diorama + Rambling Me

narsissist1Bsmall I’ve been browsing some lipsticks recently and realized that my wishlist (I actually have a sticky list of prospects in my dashboard), is mostly made up of dark, vampy shades. But then I’m in this mindset where I feel like I should be content with just owning one or two of those vamp shades because… maybe they’ll all look the same anyway? I know right, call me reformed. I’ve that kind of restraint now.  narsissist0narsissist-eyeshadow-palette

Some Rambles

+ The past two weeks have been quite busy for me – in a fun, good way so I’m not at all complaining. I just missed sitting down and blogging. All my Bobbi Brown posts were scheduled (I finished those reviews in one and a half days!) which I couldn’t believe I was able to do because I’m not the type-everything-in-one-go kind of blogger at all. It was fun, though – when I woke up every single day the past week, I had a post already published. + I cut my hair!!! I haven’t “announced” it here on the blog but I’ve shared it on Instagram and Twitter already. I’ve short hair now thanks to two of the best hairdessers in the Philippines! Shall blog about this experience of bespoke hairstyling soon. The thing now is, I’ve had looong hair almost all my life that I’m kinda iffy on how to go about styling short hair. I’m excited though just thinking about going shopping for all those volumizing, texturizing, you-name-it hair sprays! + So do I get more vampy lipsticks or not? Which is actually the main point of this entry. Maybe even this whole blog, y’know. It’s just that before I never really thought long and hard about these purchase decisions like I’m doing so now. Maybe I should adopt Tellie’s 3-month rule – where you only purchase “love at first sights” after three months to see if you’ve curbed or confirmed your absurd, irrational lemming for it. narsissist fez eyeshadow and dior lipstick dioramanarsissist-fez-eyeshadow3C

The Look

Anyway, for this ‘autumn-inspired’ look (really I didn’t think of doing a Fall look, I just wanted to do a vampy lip), Diorific Lipstick in Diorama (review) takes center stage. It’s from the matte range of Dior – and the more I use it, the more I realize it’s not as drying as I initially thought it was. It’s not as pigmented as MAC’s or Bobbi Brown’s mattes though, but it’s easily buildable anyway. I then paired it with my favorite eyeshadow at the moment, Fez from the NARSisssist palette with a bit of Coconut Grove on the outer-Vs.  I’ve been using Fez every time I go out, it’s just so easy to use as it instantly defines your eyes without looking too over-the-top. Pair it with a bold lip, like I did here, or a toned-down shade – it works both ways! Paired the bold lip and eyes with a slightly generous dusting of Chanel blush in Accent – another favorite no-brainer shade (sadly no longer available) when I’m sporting anything bold on the eye or the lip. It serves as a subtle contour as well, which I adore most about it. Unfortunately, this was one of those days when I just couldn’t get my eyeliner right so excuse the wonky liner happening up there. Liquid liner, why can’t we be best friends?  Is my last photo annoying or what? I was trying to “recreate” my equally annoying profile photo on my sidebar. Planning to make it my “signature” pose. LOLOL. I’m kidding. Anyway, that’s it for today’s rambles.

Any lipsticks on your radar? Do share and let’s torture each other, yes?

1. October 1, 2014 / 4:34 pm

This vampy shade looks STUNNING on you! Fez is such a pretty bronze as well. I love your hair cut, it just looks so fresh! I really want to get mine cut a similar length.

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• October 1, 2014 / 4:58 pm

Thank you Tasha! 🙂 Hearing that makes me want to go buy more shades NOW. Screw the 3-month rule HAHA!

2. VanityMonastery
    October 1, 2014 / 4:37 pm

That lipstick looks so good on you! 🙂

My Beauty Blog

• October 1, 2014 / 4:58 pm

3. October 1, 2014 / 6:34 pm

You sure know how to rock a vampy lip. Gorgeous, not too sure if I will be able to … And shorter hair suits you ridicously well! Absolutely adore the overall look! 😉

X Alice

• October 2, 2014 / 11:21 am

Thank my dear Alice! 🙂 I’m sure short hair will suit you, your face is oval-shaped, perfect for a lob (long bob!) 🙂

• October 4, 2014 / 12:54 am

I’m actually not too sure about that. I’m staying faithful to my long hair, for now. I don’t have the guts to chop it all off. Too scared, haha. X

4. October 1, 2014 / 6:56 pm

i think since i’ve been watching kdramas again, lipsticks are TOTALLY on my mind. i’m trying to get that perfect pink colour. i’m sure i have something in my stash that would be similar to the awesome shades the girls were on screen but i never seem to get exactly that….

on the flip side, i’m experimenting more with vampy colours this fall.

Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

• October 2, 2014 / 11:22 am

Oooh, which K-Dramas are you watching? I swore off K-dramas after crying buckets from marathoning movies like Windstruck : LOL!! I love the dramedy though, so I might go back into watching (but then Im watching so many series that all came back from breaks now soooo) 🙂 Want to see your vampy experiments, Jenn!!

• October 2, 2014 / 8:10 pm

watching one called “A Gentlman’s Dignity”. its ok. just something to pass the time really. any recommendations???

5. October 1, 2014 / 7:41 pm

Ah ha! Love this look absolutely! You my dear rock red lip like a pro! I always find it so so hard! Damn! My biggest problem is how else to get my face to look “normal” with the red lip!

TheConscienceFund

• October 2, 2014 / 11:23 am

Just tryyy my dear Divy!! 🙂 Im sure you’ll rock it! Red doesnt require a lot of stuff – just a clean canvas, neutral (or none at all maybe just eyeliner) eyes and a contouring blush 🙂 IMO! So goo!!

6. October 1, 2014 / 8:13 pm

The pose suits you. And UGH I know what you mean. Going crazy over dark lippies now but I find a lot of them look the same, unless I go really different like GREEN, ORANGE or whatever. All vampy colors tend to mesh into one indistinguishable color on me 🙁

• October 2, 2014 / 11:25 am

Diba? Unlike reds that despite looking SAME SAME, they dont register the same on the lips. Deep darks, on the other hand, tend to look the same on even if they look different in tube. BLUE na ‘to! Hehe. Thanks for letting me try your blue lipstick! Wanna post that pero baka akalain ng mga tao may sakit ako 🙁 *yellowskinproblems*

October 1, 2014 / 9:32 pm

I love a good ol’ dark and bold lip. I find that if I’m in a rush and can just apply lipstick, I reach for my bold reds or deep plums because they really stand out and makes it appear as if I put in so much effort into making myself look alive. I’ve defnitely been experimenting with more unorthodox lip colors like black, gray, blue and yellow. And yes, I did wear them out to public. 😉

I love your hair!! You look like a lion! A super pretty, makeup wearing lion. Your short hair suits you! Bit the bullet and got some full bangs. 😉 Hair transformations are happening!

• October 2, 2014 / 11:28 am

…and you’re gonna hear me ROAR! Haha, you so funny Rayray! Natawa naman ako sa “you look like a lion!” :)))) A makeup-wearing lion!! Benta sa sakin, dear!

And it’s because you rock these good ol’ dark lips! Especially with your jet black hair, oooh, fierce! HEY where did your blog go btw?! 🙁 🙁 I want to see those ‘unorthodox’ lip colors! Tellie let me try her blue lipstick, actually :)) It clashed with my yellow skin tone and I just looked sick HAHA. Maybe more “whitening” base stuff next time! 🙂

• Raven Ang
        October 2, 2014 / 2:31 pm

Hehe el blog-o is gone for now. 🙁 I just haven’t had the time to go through the whole process of blogging. Most nights I sleep past 12 and up at 5. STRESS. But it’s alright! I’m hoping that by November, it’ll be back. 😉 Ohgosh it looked cool though! My lipsticks are the Melt ones!

8. October 1, 2014 / 10:47 pm

looking good! love the lip color too! I’ve been sporting the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Enamor all week long. Not sure why though, but I’ve been liking vampy / dark lippies lately. (probably has something to do with the gloomy weather) I’ve been thinking of chopping my hair off too. my hair is at its longest and was thinking of having my hair styled somewhere in MOA when I go there later this month. I’m just not sure where, any suggestions? about the “Thinking before purchasing” I’ve been doing that all year long, that’s why I seldom have Haul posts now. I only buy just one – three makeup items every two months, and they are the ones that I really really wanted to get my hands on. so, high five on showing some restraint on your makeup purchases! Lastly, I honestly really like your last photo, it’s not annoying at all. It’s a mix of sexy yet innocent look, so two thumbs up!

• October 2, 2014 / 11:33 am

Oh wow, googled Enamor and it looks like a beautiful deep berry shade! Is it glossy? Parang noh? Do you have a link to it, Hollz? Would want to see it on you! And yes, I think it’s with the weather, so gloomy na parang ang off rin mag bright colors!

Regarding your hair, hmmm.. I don’t know a lot of salons in MOA, actually. But there is a branch of Essensuals Toni & Guy there and I used to get my hair cut in their Makati branch. I’m not sure if the hairstylists in the MOA branch are good but I’m sure they all undergo the rigid training all Essensuals salons require. If you’re going to have your LONG hair cut to a shorter length, dapat magaling! Unless you’re not so attached to your hair na okay lang!

And yes, no more spendy hauls wherein you’d just feel regret after! Let’s do this Hollie! and thank you for the compliment on my last photo HAHAHA :))

9. October 2, 2014 / 4:21 am

I bought the Lime Crime Velvetines in Wicked and Salem, but haven’t used them out yet. I feel weird to use them and look vampy (in the office!), but I can wear my deep berry and red shades.

• October 2, 2014 / 11:35 am

New shades, I believe? I havent even heard. *living under a rock now* Last shade I knew about was Pink Velvet. Googling swatches — oh wow, super vamp shades! Have you posted about these na? Wanna see!

10. October 2, 2014 / 4:57 am

Shari! You look really good in this hair length. I like the color too. It’s not as light as the colors I used to see you with, but this is good, too. Maybe better. In one of your recent hair posts, I remember saying I prefer lighter hair. I take it back. Darker hair, done with the right tone(s), looks good on you.

Follow Tellie’s tip! Anyway most dark colors would give almost the same look. I say if you already have a really deep/ oxblood red and a dark plum or aubergine, you’re all set. Darks may have nuances but the look on the face remains the same. Unless you’d like to try dark bluey purples, dark chocolate browns, or straight up black. But I have a feeling you won’t try those.

• October 2, 2014 / 11:39 am

Yesss, I remember you saying that Rae! Na lighter hair suits me nga. I’m glad I was able to “convince” you (and actually myself) that dark hair suits me too 🙂 Thank you thank you! I was so attached to my light hair rin pero I realized now that it made my hair look so so dry and unhealthy.

And that’s what I realized rin, unlike reds that look “the same” in tube, they transform on the lips and look different. With dark shades, they look different in tube, but register quite the same on the lips. WURRRD. So yeah, I think I’ve to look for a deep/oxblood red pa just so I can sate this vampy stage. Any suggestions? MAC Sin? 🙂 You looked so good with Sin, btw. Naconvince ako bumili pero I wore an Amplified mac lipstick the other day and wala, nagpeel and crack ang lips ko 🙁 Hey I tried a blue lipstick ah – Tellie’s! :)) I looked.. sick. :

• October 2, 2014 / 12:06 pm

If you don’t like the retro mattes, you won’t like Sin, it’s on the drier end if their mattes, parang retro matte na din.

Maybe there’s one oxblood red in the Nars Audacious collection. Grabe, the formula, finish, and pigmentation… very similar to the bobbi brown creamy matte lipsticks. And ang daming unique shades! Couldn’t keep myself from getting one, Anna – looks like a mauve-ier mehr. Medyo semi-matte finish. One swipe on the bottom lip lang din, good for the upper lip na. But acdg to Temptalias reviews, some lipsticks are more luminous than the others. Still very low-shine. Bette and Charlotte are deep reds, I think.

11. October 2, 2014 / 6:53 am

Ah, what a stunning lip shade on you, Shari! I’m all about a vampy lip for Fall! xo

• October 2, 2014 / 11:43 am

Thank you Jenn!! I’m all about the vamp lips too!

12. anne0822
    October 2, 2014 / 7:08 am

you look good with your new hair!!! And no, the last photo isn’t annoying at all. 🙂

• October 2, 2014 / 11:43 am

Thanks Russ!!! :* :* And thank you for not being annoyed with the last photo – favorite ko eh! HAHA

13. October 2, 2014 / 9:26 am

The hair really suits you, girl! Ang ganda! Sana I have the guts to get a hair cut that short too hahaha no, prolly not in this lifetime. Lol

Anyway, bagay talaga sayo dark shades. Bilhin mo na yung Divaaaa! Hehe

• October 2, 2014 / 11:44 am

DIVAAAA – okay, I’ll put it under the 3-month rule starting from our blog sale. *runs out to buy it today* HAHAHA. Thanks V!!! Why not cut it short? Sus, your face is soooo small bagay sayo kahit anong haircut!

14. Coco
    October 2, 2014 / 1:14 pm

Bombshell! Love the hair x

• October 2, 2014 / 7:20 pm

Thanks, Coco!! :*

15. Katsy Faustino
    October 3, 2014 / 1:04 am

Oh my the hair!! I die! Ang ganda!! Just the right amount of volume and curl like you woke up just like that. Inggit sobra as my hair is really flat. I like the dark shade on you more than the light shade, vampy lip included but maybe that’s because it’s Fall. (Wow may Fall na dito. LOL) I think I need to experiment with my Narsissist palette more. The colors blend into one shade when I use it unlike yours where I can really see the difference.

• October 8, 2014 / 12:27 pm

Katsy!!! I swear that “I just woke up” look took 30 minutes to do :)) Hahaha! I’m still figuring out how to work a curling iron with my shorter hair, it’s not as easy as when it was longer :)) And why don’t you get a texturizing/volumizing spray kaya for your hair? I’m actually on the lookout for one. Or if wala, Ill get the Bumble & Bumble Texturizing Spray nalang. And yes, FALL look kahit bipolar lang naman talaga ang weather dito HAHA. Fall because rain is falling nalang :)) And yesss, experiment with your NARsissist! I think the key is finding a smaller blending brush so the colors wont meld together into one shade 🙂

• Katsy Faustino
        October 13, 2014 / 12:27 am

I have the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray but I’ve only managed to make it work ONCE. Haha. To which my cousin commented in concern that my hair looked really messy. Sabi ko sadya yan girl! I haven’t tried since. LOL.

16. October 3, 2014 / 8:12 am

And I thought I was the only one with wishlist sticky notes! I have a separate sticky note each for lip, face, eye, and skin care products hahaha

• October 8, 2014 / 12:27 pm

Same here! I’m organized with my wishlists too :)) Haha!!

17. October 4, 2014 / 11:12 pm

Ha! Your profile picture is lovely and not the least bit annoying! Love the look you put together. And that 3 month rule is pretty genius. I pin every makeup thing I dream of to a dedicated Pinterest board and then leave it alone. I go back and re-evaluate after a bit and I’m always surprised at how frequently something I thought I was dying for isn’t calling to me as loudly if I wait. If something stays on the board for a while, I will treat myself to it. The only time this doesn’t work is for LE items where the whole MUST BUY IT NOW thought process is actually valid b/c if you blink, it’s gone! Or on eBay for $64,000 for a palette. BOO!

• October 8, 2014 / 12:30 pm

THIS!! Exactly what you said above is what I need to learn and hope to achieve with this 3-month rule. Right now, I’m in a better place compared to before that when I want something, without a minute to lose, I head on over to Sephora/Nordies site, click, checkout and move on. RIP to that Shari. Hahaha. Now, I wait a while. But to push it further, I wanna do this 3-month rule :)) And yes, except for Limited Edition items which was invented for people who do these 3-month rules :)) Hahaha oh beauty companies, you are such evil geniuses :))

18. October 5, 2014 / 3:16 pm

Hot mommah!!!! You look more sophisticated now teh. Naks :))

I don’t think I have a true vampy lip color. I think the darkest I have is MAC Roxo. Haha! But with all the holiday lippie collection ngayon *ahem TF ahem* I might get another one. 😉

• October 8, 2014 / 12:31 pm

Aww yes naman, sophisticated na haha thank you Emz!
      And whaat, you should have at least one vamp shade! Promise, life changing HAHAHAHA :))

• October 8, 2014 / 12:32 pm

Aww thank you Nikki!! And yes, I may not love it as much as bobbi’s creamy mattes but it’s definitely not as bad as I thought it was the first time!