Travel Makeup Kit For The Weekend Away

travel-makeup-kit2B I’m off to a weekend away from this chaotic city! I’ll be gone for almost a week for family matters so if you don’t hear from me in the coming days, you know why. Anyway in case I do disappear for a week, I thought I’d share this very whittled down list of makeup I’ll be taking with me. Guys, I believe a pat on the back is in order – as it’s probably the first time I’ve managed to travel with just ONE makeup bag that’s not busting open by itself due to overflowing products. Pack light, check! travel-makeup-kitC

Base

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. The only liquid foundation I’m bringing because it just works wonderfully on my skin. Very lightweight and has a skin-like, natural finish. No additional words necessary, I believe my love for this has been well-documented on this blog already. Ellis Faas Face Powder. I’ve been converted back to the world of powders with this one. I absolutely hate a powdery matte finish, you know, when you look like you’re screaming for candles because you are one cakey mess. But this Ellis Faas mattifies without covering or suffocating your skin. I use it as a setting powder (and touch-up powder) and have been taking it with me everywhere because it’s small and very compact. Detailed review soon. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. Highlighter, bronzer and another finishing powder in case I want to switch it up with the Ellis Faas one. But I took this with me mostly for highlighting and warming-up purposes. This one is a staple in all my travel kits, as per observation. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. If I were to bring just one product, it would probably have to be this. I can live without concealer but I would live miserably, and look like it too, without it. I’ve been asked which is my favorite undereye concealer of all time and while I do have a bit of drying issues with this NARS one, it’s the one I still use on a daily basis. On coverage though, Collection 2000 definitely has a bit more than this.

travel-makeup-kit3Eyes

Dolce & Gabbana Eyeshadow Quad in Smokey. Because it’s a neutral palette that can go from day to night in an instant. It’s so beautifull formulated that I can even apply it with just my fingers (although I did bring brushes). I convinced myself I could live with using this for one week, but then at the very last minute, I hurried back to my vanity and grabbed my Lorac Pro as well (not pictured). K-Palette Eyeliner in Black. No fuss liquid liner. I find the stiffer-than-the-average tip very easy to manuever which is why I picked this to bring among all the other liquid liners. I wanted to bring my Bobbi Brown Gel Liner but it’s not so travel-friendly so I skipped. Clinique Lash Power Feathering Mascara. My go-to for natural-looking lashes. Perfect for daytime when I don’t want to scare people with my wide-eyed-wonder eyes.

Brows

Heroine Make Eyebrow Pencil. A dupe for the MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering which I’ve been loyal to for a long time until I realized I use it up so quickly and feel like it’s not worth the P950-1,000 price tag. Yowch. This Heroine Make is quite the same – thin, lightly pigmented and very easy to use. K-Palette Eyebrow Pen. I use the Heroine Make to line my brows then fill it in with this K-Palette pen which mimics fine eyebrow hairs perfectly. Sometimes when I’m in a hurry, I use either just this or the Heroine Make pencil, depending on my mood and time. It takes a bit more time to use this than the Heroine Make pencil though, based on experience. MAC Girl Boy Brow Set. Can’t be without this brow gel because it matches my hair color perfectly. What do I have to say about this? It’s a staple! Keeps my brows in place and doesn’t fade nor budge the whole day! Makeup may be all smudged and gone, but my brows stay put until I need to take it off. travel-makeup-kit4B

Lips

My favorite part of makeup at the moment. Because I’ve been very lazy to do eye makeup (which is usually my favorite part), bold lips take center stage in my looks the past weeks. For this trip, I brought one bold pink, red and plum lipstick as well as my favorite nude shade just to balance things out. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte in Red Carpet. One of the best (if not the best for my lips) matte formulas I’ve tried in the longest. Doesn’t dry out my lips, stays put for hours, very pigmented – what is not to love about this lipstick?! I just wish Bobbi (yeah, we tight like that) would come up with more shades though cos at the moment, they’ve only a selection of shades and most aren’t that unique. NARS Pure Matte in Carthage. My bold pink of choice. It’s been a while since I wore something this bright so I decided to whip this baby out again. Actually, trying out the Etude liquid lipstick yesterday pushed me in this direction. Nice to be reacquainted with you, Carthage. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Vivien. I’ve been using this daily since I purchased it! Ugh, I love the creamy matte formula that’s almost but not quite Bobbi Brown’s. NARS feels a bit more lightweight on the lips, but a bit more drying than Bobbi’s Creamy Mattes. Full review coming out soon. But suffice it to say, I love the shade Vivien. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I can’t say it enough. Rouge Dior Lipstick in Grege. Most moisturizing lipstick for my parchy as parched lips. I love that it’s a nude shade that doesn’t wash me out either. Again, this needs no introduction at all, I’ve professed my undying loyalty to this shade already. Soooo… guess what I forgot? BLUSH. I have no blush at all! And I only realized that after going through the photos. I was supposed to bring my NARS Eye and Cheek palette in Voulez Vous but decided against it and brought the D&G palette instead (as well as the Lorac Pro). Leaving me to forget that I didn’t bring any blush. Oh well!

1. October 10, 2014 / 9:46 pm

Have fun out of town, Shari! All of these items look very well-loved. I can see why you chose to pack them! I usually pack two blushes when I go somewhere, one pink and one coral to work with all the lipsticks I might want to wear 🙂

2. October 10, 2014 / 9:59 pm

Your ‘pack light’ is my ‘pack everything’! Haha Shari <3 Btw, I saw you ranting about Cebu Pacific on Twitter – yikes! Have a safe flight!

3. October 10, 2014 / 10:41 pm

The Hourglass palette and the Nars Concealer is pretty much everything I need when on holiday! 😀 Love your picks Shari have fun! 🙂

TheConscienceFund

4. October 10, 2014 / 11:10 pm

Nice picks, Shari! Can’t go wrong with that Hourglass palette 🙂

5. Meg
    October 10, 2014 / 11:57 pm

Hi Shari!

What shade of Nars concealer do you use? 🙂 Super love the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundie too.

6. October 11, 2014 / 2:02 am

Hope the family matters are fun & you have a good time out!

7. October 11, 2014 / 5:25 am

Love the first picture of all the items + their names! The NARS Creamy Concealer is what I carry around too!

8. Coco
    October 11, 2014 / 7:45 am

The Radiant Creamy Concealer is also in my travel bag because I can use a lot of it I need to and it’s kinda like foundation x

October 11, 2014 / 8:30 am

NARS Audacious, the ultimate tempations. 🙁 On a ban til my birthday and I was so tempted to purchase them last week. BUT I bargained with myself by chanting in my head over and over, “It’s not limited edition… It’s not limited edition…”. Ohwell, less than a month til my b-day. I’m also holding off using the Creamy Matte I go until I finish my Russian Red because I have so little left. Though, there is no point in holding off since I already have a back-up of Russian Red.

Hmmm.. most days I can skip out on eyeshadows. All I need is a black gel or liquid liner + mascara. A little concealer, translucent powder and red lipstick, then, BAM!! Good to go! I hope you had a safe flight. I could see all you rant tweets to Cebu Pac. I hope you still enjoy your vacay!

10. Becoming Sleek
    October 11, 2014 / 8:36 am

I wanna see Vivien on you! That’s one of the shades I’m lemming. Wooo~

11. October 11, 2014 / 9:28 pm

I love everything on your makeup kit! 🙂 Thanks for sharing it with us. x

Alissa

12. October 11, 2014 / 10:57 pm

You should do a weekly FOTD so we can see just how you fared rotating only these products. I can’t believe you pared down like this, wahahahaha!

Oh p.s. maybe try a Rae and use your lippies as blush?

13. October 12, 2014 / 6:36 am

I’m afraid to head to a Nars counter to see those Audacious lipsticks. There’s too many shades to choose from. Swatches online pa lang ang dami ko ng gusto. Haha

14. October 12, 2014 / 1:21 pm

Great post! I’m about to head out on a short trip to Seattle here in a couple weeks. So, this was quite helpful! Thanks, Shari!

15. Katsy Faustino
    October 13, 2014 / 12:36 am

Vacation will give you a wonderful natural blush from simply being on vacation. LOL. I so want a weekend (or week) away.

That Bobbi Brown Red Carpet keeps showing up in the blogs I read. Hmmm.. I’ve managed to avoid a NARS Audacious purchase at first visit, shall I risk a next with matching pass-by-only at Bobbi’s too? Thinks very hard.. 😀

16. October 13, 2014 / 12:31 pm

This is about the same amount of items that I would have brought myself. But I don’t usually travel so my opinion on this doesn’t matter haha. Anyway, take care and enjoy!

17. October 14, 2014 / 11:21 am

HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP!! 😀
    NO BLUSH???? DISAPPOINT. (Although, you could double up on one of the lipsticks to use as cream blush, I suppose) STOP TEMPTING ME WITH BOBBI’S LIPSTICKS. Also, can you put in a good word for her to send me all her lipsticks because that would be great. (In a perfect world, I’d be best friends with Bobbi ;-;)

18. October 14, 2014 / 2:51 pm

And I thought bringing 3 lipsticks for a 2-day trip was a lot, you have 4! hahaha. Sis, super convinced na talaga ako I really want to buy Bobbi Skin Foundie na!!! love your picks for traveling, Have fun and be safe ^_^.. BTW, I already posted a tutorial on how to make Garnet shade stand out. mentioned you in the post as well. hehehe

19. October 16, 2014 / 1:37 am

Great picks! The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and the NARS Creamy Concealer would be on my must take list as well as the NARS Tinted moisturizer.

20. October 20, 2014 / 1:35 pm

I just adore travel makeup bag posts! Looks like you’ve got some good variety and a few staples that never let you down. I’m going to Arizona in a couple of weeks and have already started a mental check list of what’s coming with me! Its definitely the hardest part of packing, but also the most fun!