My Frizz-Free Hair Story

October 29, 2014

vitress-hair-cuticle

They say nothing in life is constant – only change, death and taxes. I think they missed frizz. There are actually quite a few (unwanted) constant things in my life – body hair regrowth, dysmenorrhea, I could go on. Frizz is one of them. Even if I indulge myself in hair masks and treatments – it gets tamed for a while, but then frikkin’ frizz always finds it way back. It’s like an annoying ex that keeps on asking to get back with you. And all you can say when you look at them is “Nuh-uh, no. You have got to go.

vitress-hair-products-2vitress-hair-serumvitress-hair-products-3B

The Secret to Frizz-Free Hair

…is not rocket science or hair transplant surgery
It’s a bottle of hair serum. And nothing exceedingly expensive too – it’ll cost you less than 80 bucks (Php73 to be exact and that’s the big bottle). The Vitress Hair Cuticle Coat*  has quite a following as of speaking – but there are still misconceptions about it (and hair serums in general). First, that they make hair greasy or heavy – well, it may if you apply too much. One full pump is usually enough for the whole hair, but that depends on your hair’s thickness still. If you apply just the right amount, it is weightless.
Second, there’s this unending chatter that serums make hair limp and flat. If you have thin, limp hair to begin with then this won’t add any volume or texture. But what if you have curly hair – or va-va-voom well-bodied hair and want to keep it that way just sans the frizz? Is that possible? YES. Let me show you how.

vitress-hair-tutorial2Dvitress-hair-tutorial1Bvitress hair serum

The Result

vitress-hair-cuticle-aftervitress-hair-cuticle-coat

See the Vitress Difference

So, I started out with full-bodied hair with frizz all over. Yes, I (really) woke up like that (with worse frizz and no, not with makeup on LOL). From the countless dye jobs and chemical processes my hair has gone through, it’s only to be expected. I don’t heat-style my hair daily, my default solution is putting it up if I’ve skipped out on conditioners and treatments leaving it in a frizzy state. Not to mention I didn’t own a hairbrush until recently (two-three weeks ago?) so… um, yes, I’m partly to blame for the frizz action going on.

But what is an hour of putting on makeup – strong eyeliner eyebrow eyeshadow game, Kim-K contoured cheeks et al – if my hair screams just go back to bed, girlfriend. I’m not saying spend another hour to heat style your hair because ain’t nobody got time for that (except maybe celebrities who spend half their lives getting made up).

It takes less than 20 seconds to slap this serum on and go from crazy bed head to bed hair couture. Notice how it didn’t take out my hair’s body – it only tamed the frizz, made it smooth and manageeable. Definitely not limp or flat, right? I promise no tricks were done behind-the-scenes – although I have to admit I was quite doubtful if the serum could fully tame my crazy hair because it was frizzier than the usual. But it delivered – the silicones pulled through, as they usually do.

I love a good, affordable hair care range – and I’m quite impressed how VItress has managed to step up their game by adding more products to the range. Another staple I see myself using? Their Sun Protect hair polish – I’m so tired of my hair color fading faster than the usual as well as having brittle. stiff hair strands which are effects from sun damage. If we protect our skin from the sun, why should we leave out our crowning glories by letting it bask in the sun’s damaging rays?

How about you guys – do you use any hair serums or any hair-protecting/nourishing products? Are you like me who doesn’t own a hairbrush? LOL! What is your hair story? Do share!

*This is a sponsored post.

How about some more reading?

10 comments

Aileen | www.iAmAileen.com October 29, 2014 at 7:32 am

Thanks for dropping by Shari! And OMG you are amazing. I’m not sure if I’ve visited your blog before, but it does ring a bell (I’m sorry) nevertheless, I’ll definitely stick around. Great post about frizz too! This happens to me a LOT. Though I’m not sure if the exact brand is here in Belgium, it’s definitely worth looking over.

Shari October 30, 2014 at 11:36 pm

HI AIleen! It’s okay thank you for dropping by as well 🙂 Your Europe stories and all other travels are so enjoyable – I’m hooked! Looking forward to reading more 🙂

nueyork October 29, 2014 at 9:37 am

Your hair looks amazing here! I own a hairbrush but I rarely use it, my hair just doesn’t seem to tangle. I had super frizzy hair when I was younger and I haven’r changed my routine, but it just went away? Definitely odd but I’m not complaining!

nueyork.blogspot.com

Shari October 30, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Thank you! 🙂 You are blessed then, dear! I wish my hair was naturally untangly but it’s my fault anyway – Im addicted to coloring my hair!

Eileen October 29, 2014 at 9:39 am

At first I was like, “How can any girl live without a hair brush??” then I realized I don’t own one either hahaha. I prefer using wide toothed combs and I only comb my hair 1-2 times daily (AM and PM – though I usually skip the PM out of laziness). 😛

Shari October 30, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Gurrrl, my wide-toothed comb = fingers. Hahaha! I don’t know when this started but I think High School pa since i owned a brush and that’s…. 6-7 years ago :))

Raven Ang October 29, 2014 at 9:43 am

My hair is extremely black. I used to always get full bangs as a kid because I looked so Japanese, not at all the Chinese that I am. And my hair used to be so silky and smooth and long. One trip to the salon made me decide to cut my hair reaaaally short. I guess nagtampo yung hair ko because when it grew it was so dry and frizzy. I cut it again at a different salon and my hair back to it’s old ways. 🙂 Been going to that salon since then.

Right now though, I’m trying to grow out my full bangs. :(( Way too long for me to keep them as is (they reach my eyes) but still too short to side sweep. *sigh* Never getting bangs again. After my prom (in Feb!!) I’m gonna donate my hair. 😀 And I don’t own a brush either. For someone reason, it can find its way back after vigorous towel rubbing. 😉

Shari October 31, 2014 at 12:51 am

Raven, dont ever color your hair – you look beautiful with your jet black locks. But we dont make paganda for others so dont listen to me if you feel like coloring your hair one day :)) I read your salon story before and it just proves that pricier salons don’t necessarily mean great hairstylists! Its been too long since I’ve seen youuuu (virtually) didnt even know you had full bangs na! If you’re gonna donate, L’Oreal has a Cut for Cancer program. 🙂 And heyyy, another thing we have in common – no hairbrush yay! HAHA. My husband tells me I’m not a girl daw cos I dont own one :))

Louise ツ November 1, 2014 at 9:07 pm

I have a “buhaghag” problem on my bangs part. I don’t know if these flying away hair are my bangs but it seemed to have stopped growing! 🙁 I’ve always seen Vitress and I’m planning to try it. Which do you think would best fit me? Hope you can help me out. Thanks!

xo,
Louise of The Legendary Ukayista

ohglad February 24, 2016 at 1:22 pm

I haven’t tried Vitress although I always see it everywhere. I look for the ones with “anti-frizz” phrase, very literal. My hair is way frizzier than yours hehehe and on the curly side, not wavy, I wish it’s just wavy. I’ve tried other brands, and is always on the look-out for anything with “anti-frizz” on the packaging, and I think it does the work but I will try this soon and see the difference. Even if I have hair products on, I still tie my hair, wet or dry. I’m not so comfortable letting it down unless I’m in another country that doesn’t care about anything hair. And I only use my wide-tooth comb after conditioner and upon tying my hair wet, that’s it, no combing any time of the day until the next bath. 🙂

ohglad