Checking In: Our Week Away in Cebu

Processed with VSCOcam with e1 preset Hi everyone! Today marks the end of our almost 1-week stay in Cebu and I thought I’d just pop in and share some photos from our “mini vacation” here. For the last few days, we’ve been staying at Jpark Island Resort & Waterpark (formerly know as Imperial Palace Hotel) and it has been wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed the resort’s pristine beach, waterpark facilities (reminds me of a mini Splash Island), lovely interiors, topnotch rooms as well as their genuine hospitality. Definitely recommend staying here when you’re in Cebu!  Processed with VSCOcam with a6 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m6 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m6 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m6 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m6 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with s6 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m6 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with a6 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset14Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset1317 Wasn’t able to take better (and more) photos because I had a clingy toddler who didn’t want to leave my loving arms. I must have gained some muscle during this week from carrying this little girl! We spent most of our time attending my Dad’s military ceremonies in Mactan. During our free time, we went to the city and made good use of our extra time….ummm, shopping. Topshop on sale is just too hard to resist. One time while we were in Zara, I was trying on different pairs of shoes when Selene comes up to me and says (in a louder-than-her-usual tone), “Mom, no no.. ugly” and hands me my own pair. Enzo would probably be proud of her and congratulate me for having found a personal Budget Officer in my daughter. Overall, it was an eventful week filled with food, family time and fun. I think it’s safe to say we’re ready to go back home and face reality once again. Thanks for a wonderful time, Cebu. See you soon!

1. October 15, 2014 / 1:14 pm

Wow! The photos look great, really! And that little clingy toddler is so adorable 🙂 She already has her own preference to things! Haha

Why didn’t I see this resort when I was looking for good ones way back summer when we had vacation in Cebu?! It was so beautiful! I guess this has been just added to the list of my reasons to go back in Cebu. Haha.

• October 17, 2014 / 3:31 pm

Thank you, these are just iPhone photos because I decided against brining my cam – too heavy!! And yes, it amazes me every day how this little girl acts more and more like an adult. I want her to remain a baby!

I think Imperial Palace needs to do more marketing! It’s actually a good hotel – I love that they have a waterpark and a beach inside their resort 🙂 You won’t get bored at all! 🙂

2. October 15, 2014 / 1:26 pm

Place looks luxurious! Definitely checking it out when I go back to Cebu. Also, Selene is the cutest! Wish my daughter would do the same to me in the future since I always end up spending more than what I intend to! Lol

• October 17, 2014 / 3:33 pm

It’s an enjoyable resort – the waterpark is super fun and clean! Splash Island without the dirt and the throngs of people 😐 Haha. They also have a beach so everything’s there na. Food is quite pricey though. And Im excited for your babygirl (didnt know you were having a girl rin!!) – we should meet up sometime and have a playdate when your little one’s old enough na 🙂 Good luck on the delivery – when are you due, btw?

• October 17, 2014 / 4:24 pm

I’m due on January 2! Sana nga January talaga, I don’t want to hassle my entire family with my labor during Christmastime! Gusto ko rin masulit yung Noche Buena hahaha yes play date next year, yay! 😀

3. October 15, 2014 / 2:34 pm

I wanted to go to Cebu. Hope I will soon! 🙂 Btw I’m a new reader of your blog and so glad I found it! 🙂

• October 17, 2014 / 3:34 pm

Hi Alissa! Thank you for stumbling upon my humble abode 🙂 I’m glad I found a new reader in you! Let’s get to know each other more kk! Hehe

4. October 15, 2014 / 5:46 pm

I should have said Hi talaga in Distillery! 🙂 Glad to know you had a good stay. I didn’t even know Imperial got renamed to Jpark. It’s even more Korean than it is.

• October 17, 2014 / 3:36 pm

Justine! Sayang talaga 🙂 We could have broken the barrier – haha! When you’re in Manila, hope to bump into you naman 😉 I’ll be the one to say hi! Habulin pa kita, haha 🙂 And yah, it’s Korean city! But it’s so HUGE inside – clean, well-maintained and fun to chill and stay in. I wish I took more photos – it’s such a nice resort!

October 15, 2014 / 7:12 pm

Awww Seleney is so cute!! Holding that little paper bag like a purse. And her curls!! Cebu looks amazing. Never been there though. :(( In dire need of a vacay right now. Can’t wait for my sem-break in 2 weeks.

• October 17, 2014 / 3:37 pm

I don’t know where she gets her ‘antics’ – super kulit! We always LOL at her innocent yet mischievous ways :)) Right now, when you ask her to do something (sing the alphabet kasi she memorized it na or Bahay Kubo), she pretends to be sleeping.. with matching snore pa! :))

And yes, happy sem break! YOU NEED IT YOU DILIGENT STUDENT YOU!! 🙂

• October 17, 2014 / 3:38 pm

Indeed 🙂

• October 17, 2014 / 3:38 pm

Hahahaha nakakatakot.. malapit lapit na yung time sasakit na ulo ko kasi it’s time to TEACH HER THA RULEZ!

6. Steph gods
    October 16, 2014 / 11:11 am

I’m glad you had a nice stay here in Cebu, I haven’t gone to Jpark yet haha I only go to the beach once a year 🙁

• October 17, 2014 / 3:40 pm

Cebu is always a good place to chill – it’s a city without the stress, parang chill lang yung mga tao 🙂 Unlike Manila where everyone’s in a rush yet stuck in traffic and pollution 😐 I hope Cebu doesn’t get as polluted and dirty as time passes.

7. October 16, 2014 / 2:40 pm

Your photos are sooo lovely! Your family was so lucky to stay in such a beautiful hotel! Loved the shots of the pizza and that table full of dim sum!

• October 17, 2014 / 3:41 pm

We are truly very lucky to have found this hotel – it was everything we wanted in a resort. A place where we dont have to go out anymore to enjoy – it has a waterpark, beach, water activities (jetski, canoeing, etc) :)) And thanks Shar – these were only taken by my phone, was afraid they’d come out blurry so yes, your comment means a lot 🙂

8. October 17, 2014 / 10:25 am

waaaa so sayang! would have loved to meet u and little Selene when you were in the City! I live very near Ayala Center Cebu kasi..hehehe
    Random Beauty by Hollie

• October 17, 2014 / 3:43 pm

Sayang Hollieberry!! I wish I could’ve done a small meet-up with you guys! 🙂 When you’re here in Manila, holla at me Hollie! 😉

9. October 18, 2014 / 3:32 am

Ah, such fun lovely holiday photos! Cute stories from the trip too 🙂

10. Katsy Faustino
    October 19, 2014 / 7:40 pm

Selene is super super adorable!

11. October 20, 2014 / 1:33 pm

Wow! It looks amazing! The food! The views! The ambiance! The beautiful toddler wanting her mommy! So adorable!