Photodiary: Forever 21 Reopening + A Makeover from MAC Cosmetics

forever21xmacE Since we’re on the topic of Forever 21 (from previous post), I thought I’d follow through with what happened during the reopening of their first branch in the Philippines (SM Megamall). The Forever 21 PR team gave me a whole makeover – first, they sent me a whole ensemble and then during the launch, I got to have my makeup done by the MAC Cosmetics team (who did all the models’ makeup that day). Exciting was an understatement for this afternoon of beauty and fashion. This does not happen everyday folks, so I had to document it! 4PM: my call time for makeup. Arrived at Forever 21 in Megamall and was immediately directed by the dazzling Krissy of ARC PR to head backstage for the makeup. Passed by the flocks of models who… were eating! They eat, you guys! forever21xmac 4:15 PM – Introduced to the MAC makeup artist who will be doing my makeup, Anacleta Paredes. She immediately started working as I sat down – first thing on the agenda, a few spritzes of MAC Mineralize Charged Water on my whole face. forever21xmacB forever21xmacC forever21xmacD 4:30 PM – She used a mix of different MAC Matchmaster Foundation shades on me. It was my first time to try the Matchmaster foundation and I’m impressed – it’s definitely much more lightweight than the Studio Fix Fluid with a medium buildable coverage. Matchmaster has a fluid, silky texture with a smooth kind of creaminess that makes it so easy to blend – I even loved the feeling of it being buffed across my face. Is that weird? Anyway, just had to share it. forever21xmacF forever21xmacG 5:00PM – The other products Ana used are: MAC Cork and Soba for my eyes (a simple, barely-there eye look), Immortal Flower blush (from All About Orange collection), Strut eyebrow pencil (which I didn’t understand as Strut is for redheads?), Clear brow gel and Fastplay lipstick. I saw that she also used the MAC Lip Treatment on my lips (before starting with my makeup), a dark shade of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish to contour my face and nose – as well as the MAC Studio Fix powder to set my makeup in place. forever21xmacH forever21xmacI forever21 philippines and mac cosmetics 5:10 PM – The final look! Simple, understated makeup. I would’ve wanted my brows to look fuller (the right one looks cut in half or something), but didn’t want to insist on Ana, I imagined she must’ve been tired from doing lots of faces that day. I also would’ve wanted to emphasize my eyes more, make it bigger – because when my face has full on foundation and concealer, my eyes tend to shrink (which has always been a problem of mine). forever21xmacJ 5: 30 PM  – show has started and my sister was chosen to be part of this Styling Contest where you get to keep your styled outfit + GCs if you won. Here with her partner, Tin Iglesia. Right after the contest winners were announced (another team won, though), the fashion show started. forever21xmacK forever21xmacL forever21xmacMforever21xmac0 forever21xmacNforever21xmacOB 6:00 PM – this stylish family was my favorite! I especially love the ensemble Jessica Yang (model) was wearing and can see myself getting the exact top, shorts, jacket. While all the others were more my sister’s style, I resonated with this style the most. forever21xmacP 6:10 PM – with fellow Juro Salon babies, Tellie of Beauty by Tellie and Kim of Kimpossibly Gorgeous. Don’t you just love their fiery red hair? Love that Jude and Rose were able to tailor fit the red tones according to each of their skin tones. forever21xmacQ 6:30 PM – With the winners of the styling contest Yuki of My Style Cat and Rhea of I Am The Doll. Congrats, ladies! forever21xmacR 6:45 PM – And of course, with my sister who took all the photos while I was being made over by the MAC team backstage and who took my OOTDs that day, too. We’re each other’s stage sister, I guess. Haha! Thank you sistarrr but now, it’s time for you to focus on your upcoming board exams, k!

Thanks for reading along, you guys. I promise this isn’t going to turn into a fashion blog. I have neither the fashion nor the patience to take OOTDs for that. Back to regular makeup and beauty happenings after this, haha!

1. September 30, 2014 / 1:40 pm

Oh what an awesome day! I didn’t know that Forever 21 hasn’t got stores in the Phils! I assumed you guys had it as well! Or is it just this one store reopening in the mall? Love the make over your sis and you have! Both of you look so stylish and chic!

• October 1, 2014 / 12:43 pm

Oh this was just a reopening of their first branch, Shar! 🙂 We had it for four years now. What we don’t have yet is H&M:)) And thank you for the sweet words!! Eeeh 🙂 My sister and I are blushin’ hehehe 🙂

2. Katsy Faustino
    September 30, 2014 / 2:08 pm

I agree with you on Jessica Yang’s outfit. Chic without being super trendy! I find it hard to wear hats though as my hair gets flat immediately.

Love the backstage makeup coverage! My personal MAC foundation favorite is Studio Sculpt although I don’t have one haha. Still trying to get to at least half of my Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Fix Powder which are both darker than my current shade, hence no progress.

• October 1, 2014 / 12:47 pm

I feel like we have the same taste in clothes, Katsy!! 🙂 And I didnt even notice the hat, I mean- I’d wear that outfit sans the hat! I don’t like hats either ‘cos of the hat hair. Plus, where do you put your hat when you don’t wanna wear it na diba? Haha. Siksik sa bag? LOL

And I’ve to try Studio Sculpt, I think it’s the only liquid one I haven’t tried. I’ve tried Fix Fluid, Matchmaster (for this event), Face & Body – meron pa ba? Since youre lighter now, maybe you can mix it with a lighter foundation so you can still use it? Say with a tinted moisturizer? Sayang eh!

• Katsy Faustino
        October 3, 2014 / 1:00 am

I haven’t tried Face & Body yet. Mineralize I think? I’ll try to do your suggestion since I’m running out of my tinted moisturizer and I’m considering straying away from Laura Mercier. Considering still though not yet decided haha. Loyal lang ang peg.

3. September 30, 2014 / 6:43 pm

You could have walked the ramp, too! Crush you 5ever <3

• October 1, 2014 / 12:48 pm

Gurrrrl you are too kind! :’) Heh! Love you forevzz! Thank you!!

4. September 30, 2014 / 8:36 pm

Your makeup was very pretty like I said before! There are things about our face which only we notice and the onlookers wouldn’t notice ever! You look beautiful as ever Shari! <3 <3

• October 1, 2014 / 1:29 pm

You’re right Divs, we’re our own biggest critics! 😐 But then since wearing makeup, there are just things you realize look better on you when you do your own makeup vs when others do it. 🙂 But thank you thank you!

5. October 1, 2014 / 3:51 am

Shari, you look like such a STAR in these pics!!!! Love the sneak peek into this event and the backstage pics. Great to see what’s being used by pro’s!

• October 1, 2014 / 3:32 pm

TOO KIND, ISABELLE! :’) Thank you! And yes, I loved seeing what products the pros were using, too and how they use it! 🙂

6. October 1, 2014 / 5:43 am

What a fantastic experience and looks like an amazing event! Your makeup looks so fresh and pretty 🙂

• October 1, 2014 / 3:33 pm

Thank you Jenn!! It was an experience, indeed! I felt so pampered 😉

7. October 1, 2014 / 7:55 am

So much fun! Thank you for sharing! I liked your makeup; you looked really pretty and how cool to get your makeup done professionally! I was lol-ing about your Matchmaster experience and how you liked the way it felt being buffed on! Spoken like a true beauty junkie! Your sister is beautiful, too!

• October 1, 2014 / 3:34 pm

The MAC buffing brush was SO soft I wanted the foundation application to never end. LOL! Thank you for the sweet compliments, love!! :*

8. Coco
    October 1, 2014 / 11:12 am

Wow, what an experience. You and your sis are gorgeous x

• October 1, 2014 / 3:34 pm

Thank you so much, Coco!! XX

9. October 4, 2014 / 6:21 am

YOU ARE YOUR SISTER ARE BABES. (And that single shot of just you SHOULD BE LIKE A MODEL HEADSHOT)
    I have the same problem with ‘shrinking’ eyes with just foundation + concealer on too. That, or I look like I’m on my deathbed. Thank god for blush :I

10. October 6, 2014 / 12:34 pm

Your family’s got good genes Shari. You and your sister are damn gorgeous! They should’ve let you walk down the catwalk too, LOL!